LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
I had a bit of inspiration and thought of developing for my old beloved Galaxy S5 Exynos which was sitting in the drawer collecting dust.
Now that we have a stable and official TWRP Recovery, next course of action was to build Lineage. Sadly, we were left on 14.1 and it never continued.
Hopefully I can build some stuff and update the device. Anyone can contribute to the project, all the help is welcome, we need it.
Device source code:
The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
- HWC & Graphics
- Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Bluetooth, might be funky sometimes
- Fingerprint, pro tip: register the fingerprint in the same way you try to unlock the device with fingerprint. We have a first generation sensor so be considerate.
I took up this and merely fixed a already working tree and adapted it to modern day stuff.
Hope I can build more stuff!
@RaymanFX for immense contribution to the hardware code
@tincho5588 for taking up the device and supporting it! We hope you return to the scene.
@somadsul for CM13 and more
@ljzyal for Fingerprint Magic
@VDavid003 for being a part of every project and for helping fix Camera
@Linux4 for tolerating my random pings and questions
@ananjaser1211 for huge contribution to Exynos since TRLTE Note4 days.
many others who I might have missed out.
- MEGA: MEGA NZ
- Install the latest TWRP from here: TWRP LATEST and follow the guide.
- Boot into TWRP.
- Wipe System, Data, Cache & Dalvik/ART Cache.
- Install the LineageOS zip you downloaded.
- Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache once more.
- You can join the S5 Telegram Group here: TELEGRAM GROUP or search "Samsung Galaxy S5 | OFFICIAL" and report there.
- Bootloader: Use the latest G900HxxS1CQD2 Marshmallow Bootloader.
- Radio: Use the latest G900HXXU1CPCA Radio Firmware