[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1 SM-T700

Search This thread

liquidops

Jan 16, 2017
Thank you DarkExistence!

You have brought new life back into my tablet. I just installed it and I like it.

On another note, has anyone been able to run Hangsout video chat without it crashing? Mine keeps crashing when I start a video call. I'm running Vanilla nightly 7/7, Gaaps nano 7/11, and Magisk 20.4. Any help from anyone is appreciated.

Fiko69

Jul 23, 2020
I need assistance for klimtwifi version. Looks like i can't find any working.... and if anyone has any links to versions 15 or 16 for me to test that would be great.

Thank you.

NeonHD

Jul 7, 2015
Anyone else get stuck on the boot screen after flashing the latest OTA update? I dirty flashed it and now it won't boot. Weird.

If I hadn't been so trustful, I would've made a back up ??

J

jimdoe9000

Galaxy Tab S (T-700) 8.4 Wifi

Not sure why but this LineageOS wont install for me, I always get the error 7 thing when flashing with TWRP. I tried editing the script thing within the package using notepad++ and repackaging it as a new .zip and still got the same error 7. I'm pretty new to the whole custom rom installation thing, have done it a couple of times on another Samsung tablet with no problems, but this Tab S is really starting to piss me off.

Took me ages to get TWRP working fine on it, finally did that after installing loads of crap on my PC to do with bootloader and fastboot. Not even sure if any of that has made any real difference or not. I couldn't root it properly using the autoroot stuff either, but managed to suss out the Magisk way, though I'm not sure it's worked yet as not tested it with root checker, though I have no reason to doubt it as the Magisk flash went through fine.

I'm done trying to flash this LineageOS, can anyone recommend a good custom rom that is stable for this device please? I will not be installing Gapps, I just want a nice light stable rom that I can build up from scratch.

Additional: Sorry if I'm doing something wrong by posting this message, I'm a new member to this forum and know these things can have some pretty stringent rules, I'm wired after two entire evenings pissing about with this thing and reading stuff that I generally don't understand for the most part, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

dukeforever

Nov 2, 2010
Galaxy Tab S (T-700) 8.4 Wifi

Not sure why but this LineageOS wont install for me, I always get the error 7 thing when flashing with TWRP. I tried editing the script thing within the package using notepad++ and repackaging it as a new .zip and still got the same error 7. I'm pretty new to the whole custom rom installation thing, have done it a couple of times on another Samsung tablet with no problems, but this Tab S is really starting to piss me off.

Took me ages to get TWRP working fine on it, finally did that after installing loads of crap on my PC to do with bootloader and fastboot. Not even sure if any of that has made any real difference or not. I couldn't root it properly using the autoroot stuff either, but managed to suss out the Magisk way, though I'm not sure it's worked yet as not tested it with root checker, though I have no reason to doubt it as the Magisk flash went through fine.

I'm done trying to flash this LineageOS, can anyone recommend a good custom rom that is stable for this device please? I will not be installing Gapps, I just want a nice light stable rom that I can build up from scratch.

Additional: Sorry if I'm doing something wrong by posting this message, I'm a new member to this forum and know these things can have some pretty stringent rules, I'm wired after two entire evenings pissing about with this thing and reading stuff that I generally don't understand for the most part, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Had the same error 7 while going from stock 6.0.1 to this rom. I had to format the /data partition.
Not really forgivable, it's in the install instructions ...

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s)
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data/factory reset
Flash LineageOS
Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
Reboot
I think you don't have much choice with this device, this is the most up to date rom as far as I can tell.

J

jimdoe9000

Had the same error 7 while going from stock 6.0.1 to this rom. I had to format the /data partition.
Not really forgivable, it's in the install instructions ...

I think you don't have much choice with this device, this is the most up to date rom as far as I can tell.

Oh, when it stated 'Wipe data/factory reset' I just presumed it meant to do the standard factory data wipe within TWRP, the main presented 'swipe' option, which I did do.

Do you mean I have to do one of the more extreme ways of wiping from that section, I think there are two more options, in the advanced section or something, such as a complete data wipe and complete format or something along those lines, is it one of those, and if so do you know which one?

I thought that one of those options might have erased absolutely everything from the device, including the rom packages and stuff, which kinda defeats the point, but I guess that's not the case?

I really appreciate you getting back to me. Cheers

dukeforever

Nov 2, 2010
Oh, when it stated 'Wipe data/factory reset' I just presumed it meant to do the standard factory data wipe within TWRP, the main presented 'swipe' option, which I did do.

Do you mean I have to do one of the more extreme ways of wiping from that section, I think there are two more options, in the advanced section or something, such as a complete data wipe and complete format or something along those lines, is it one of those, and if so do you know which one?

I thought that one of those options might have erased absolutely everything from the device, including the rom packages and stuff, which kinda defeats the point, but I guess that's not the case?

I really appreciate you getting back to me. Cheers

Swipe is not /data wipe. Yes you have to do a full wipe a.k.a factory reset, this rom might have a different partition layout, not sure though.
Yes it will erase everything on the device and that's the point then put back the rom and your gapps, flash them and you are good to go.

J

jimdoe9000

Swipe is not /data wipe. Yes you have to do a full wipe a.k.a factory reset, this rom might have a different partition layout, not sure though.
Yes it will erase everything on the device and that's the point then put back the rom and your gapps, flash them and you are good to go.

Sorry I'm still confused. You said I "have to do a full wipe aka. factory reset", but this is what I've already done, and what I meant when I said I've tried doing the standard wipe.

Ergo, a factory reset is what I've already tried doing (which wipes Data, Cache, and Dalvic). Even after doing this the installation of Lineage throws Error 7.

There are two other wipe options to choose other than the standard factory reset:

(01) Format Data - which sounds a bit drastic, and wouldn't this wipe literally everything, including my internal storage which contains the rom I'm trying to install?
For the record it states this:
"Format Data will wipe all of your apps, backups, pictures, media, and removes encryption on internal storage. This cannot be undone. Type yes to continue. Press back to cancel."

(02) Advanced Wipe - Which is basically showing a series of sections for me to choose which parts get wiped. Presumably if I tick all of them that would result in the same as option (01) above, 'Format Data'.

The options to select to wipe here are:
[ ] Dalvic / ART Cache
[ ] System
[ ] Data
[ ] Internal Storage
[ ] Cache
[ ] Micro SD Card
[ ] USB OTG

Cheers.

EDIT:

Sorted it. It did require the format, and it did erase everything in the internal storage except for couple of folders (forget which ones) but it doesn't erase anything from the SD card, where I installed Lineage and Magisk from. Before flashing the rom and Magisk I also used the 'advanced wipe' section and wiped the dalvic, system, and cache. Then rebooted back into recovery (TWRP) before performing the flash.

There is a great guide on these processes here:

https://andi34.github.io/faq/faq_twrp.html

Thanks again for your help, and also to the Lineage dev for producing what appears to be a great custom rom ;)

Last edited:

daromani

Oct 7, 2010
This is a reply to the post by methslushee dated 12-MAR-2020 12:05am. and posts by jimdoe9000 dared 11-SEP-2020:

For the benefit of anyone stuck in "Error 7" hell:
I was coming from the same ROM as methslushee, flashing 'lineage-14.1-20201103-NIGHTLY-klimtwifi.zip' (Vanilla)
Flashed recovery from TWRP 3.1.1 to TWRP 3.4.0. Recovery flash was successful.
Did factory reset wipe in TWRP.
Flashing the ROM failed with error 7
Did Format Data, but flash still failed with error 7.
Did the updater-script edit hack as described on the "TWRP fix error 7" Internet search, flashing the edited ROM still failed with error 7.
Finally went back to TWRP 3.1.1, Factory Reset wipe again, format data again, flashed the unedited 'lineage-14.1-20201103-NIGHTLY-klimtwifi.zip' (Vanilla) ROM - and presto! Successful flash, no Error 7!
I guess I was counting on a newer version of TWRP being more robust than an older version?
Six hours of my life I'll never get back....

Last edited:

火AxeL

Jan 8, 2021
hi i want to thank the rom developers for keeping us updated .. I have a problem, I installed the Deathly rom and it works very well, but the battery wears out faster than what it charges, it charges very slow .. It is not my charger, it is the rom! What good is so much power if the device takes 5 hours to charge?

HkQc

Jun 22, 2018
Quebec
I'm using the Vanilla version, 24th December build and everything is working fine.

Wifi is ok, charging is fast and ok, no crash or twrp loss or anything.

Thanks a lot for keeping this device alive and so responsive in 2021!

HkQc

Jun 22, 2018
Quebec
definition update: diff between vanilla and deathly ...

would like to know this as well. I've been searching around... :D

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

thanks for the recommendation and download link!!!
I think you figured it out by now but just in case :

Reactions: derapao and robined

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.2 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2FBINawli.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fv3ogd3K.png

This thread is for Unofficial LineageOS 14.1 builds for klimtwifi (SM-T700) The following will not be supported here:
    Custom kernels
    Mods
    Xposed

I don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    Flashed a custom kernel
    Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    Modified system files
    Have not attempted a clean flash

http%3A%2F%2Fimg.imgland.net%2F_4JAwRZ.png

First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s)
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Flash LineageOS
    Install the Google Apps addon package (Optional)
    Reboot

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2FAg8dlGr.png

There will be a new build every week, every Monday.
    The builds will no longer be personally tested by me before being uploaded (but everything will probably be fine)
    Change logs will no longer be posted within every new build, but instead when the changes are uploaded to GitHub. I will try though to post changes for major bugs or fixes as they are released.
    Some builds might feature only minor changes, ie. only updating the LineageOS source

Klimtwifi Download

Google Apps:
    Beans GAPPS 7.1.2

Kernel
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_exynos5420
    Device Tree
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_klimtwifi

http%3A%2F%2Fimg04.imgland.net%2F2uCBhNw.png

Aytex, who made all of the banners on this post.
    @Barracuda77777 (For helping along the way)
    @UpInTheAir for his kernel magic and misc fixes
    @crpalmer (for picassowifi device and kernel gits - the base @Barracuda77777 and @nvertigo67 started of from)
    @eousphoros (for his device git)
    @nvertigo67 (for his work on chagallwifi)
    @Nexorrr (for his work on chagalllte)​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS SM-T700, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
    DarkExistence
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2019-04-19
    Last Updated 2019-04-19
    Hi is there an updated mega link (it's dead)? I'm still on the official Samsung Rom and just want something reliable. It seems like your build without the deathly additions is what I am looking for! Unless you suggest waiting for LOS 16.0? I can wait a few months since it's a bit of a deal for me to backup and wipe everything.

Thanks!

https://download.exynos5420.com/LineageOS-14.1-Vanilla/klimtwifi/

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Hello -- I've enjoyed a really great experience with this ROM on my SM-T700. I agree with many of the other comments that this ROM actually makes the tablet useful.
    The single problem I've experienced has been the ROM not honoring alam wake-up and/or locking up.

Honestly, this is the primary use-case for this device so if it doesn't work reliably as alarm, I'm going to drive over it in the driveway.

Check the attached pic of FROZEN device taken at 7:30a (obviously, alarm did not ring). It's interesting that device froze at exactly 5am.

build: LineageOS 14.1-20191005-UNOFFICIAL-klimtwifi
    in case it matters: TWRP 3.0.2-1

Any ideas? thanks -GA
    :confused:

Try vanilla build, not deathly. Vanilla does not freeze.
    @gellmar could you give us a more detailed description of the differences between the two builds please? Will you lose performance using the LineageOS builds and are the LineageOS builds more stable perhaps? I thought the Exynos5420 builds were the same builds as the official LineageOS builds in the first place. That's why I ask.

I noticed today my device won't idle again and not sure why. Thinking about trying the non-deathly build now, lol.

Yes, sure!

1. Exynos5420 builds feature Deathly kernel by @deadman96385 It is a feature-rich kernel with patches like UKMS, GPU volt control, CPU overclock etc. However it is not very stable compared to the LineageOS kernel used in official builds and my builds linked.

2. Exynos5420 builds add Deathly Adiutor and LineageOMS to the source tree. This allows theming support with Substratum. LineageOS builds lack this functionality, per LineageOS charter.

You must try my build and hopefully it solves the idling and speaker issues. Also check if there are any wakelocks from installed programs.
    Hey guys I just installed the latest vanilla update for my TM-700 dated 3 Dec. However my device now only boots into download mode no matter what combination of bottoms I pressed.

Could someone please help? Thanks!

There is a problem when applying an update when magisk was used. There is a key combination to recovery. Volume + or - and power, google it. in recovery, wipe system, install the rom, install gapps, install magisk, reboot and all is good. You have to do this each time you update if you are using magisk.
    Note: you don't have to wipe data. This is not a clean install, all your apps remain (except magisk modules). It is a hassle and should get fixed eventually. I just stopped using magisk and that solved it for me.
    good luck.
    For those willing to continue using builds from official LineageOS sources (without Deathly additions!), here is the latest ROMS for ALL supported models: https://mega.nz/#F!WzIQwQ6Z!jStz42chfWtQ_Hm_X0JFAg

These builds can be flashed DIRTY over Exynos5420 builds - all data will be saved!
    Migrating from official LineageOS builds (built and signed by LineageOS themselves!) requires the migration I described here:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-sm-t805-t3844415 (paragraph Going back to unofficial builds without losing your data (if necessary):)

If there is a stable demand for it, I will convince the team to provide "official" builds on weekly basis on par with "deathly" ones.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone