[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1 [trlte][trlteduos]

Search This thread

teegale

Aug 12, 2010
Can this fix also be applied to trltevzw kernel? Or is it specific to trltetmo?

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Try this data drop test, install Google duo app from play store and make few calls, as you're calling, swipe down the notification drawer and keep an eye on your carrier signal.

Just tried that. Data didn't drop. Stayed the same the whole time it was calling.

Last edited:

maksimreder

May 20, 2012
This fix is specific to trltetmo, not trltevzw, but from what I can tell going through the thread, trltetmo has the worst data drops and both trltespr and trltevzw not so much...?

Yes, that is the case. Verizon drops intermittently but when you need the data at the critical moment it drops. Such as forum post, or video call, data drops. I'll have to flash the mentioned 10/22 build and try it out tonight.

GerardSamija

Apr 11, 2007
Vancouver
www.luthier.ca
Speaking of more than one build in a single day, I merged this quick fix into my fork of the new kernel and I'm building a 2nd trltetmo build that could potentially not have data drops. Check the folder in about an hour and a half.

lineage-14.1-20171023_162147-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip(data drop fix)

The filename took me a moment to figure out... just have to rename it with .zip being the end. Silly me.

Dirty flashed, wiped caches. Checking connection with email (Kaitenmail), FTP Cafe Pro, and Dolphin (visiting a few sites where typically images lower on the page don't load with a flakey connection in effect) and so far it's all brilliant! Absolutely no delays, flawless. I'll observe over the rest of the day and report back if necessary, otherwise report back tonight if there have been no problems. I haven't seen quite this fast and solid an initial data connection with any build since August.

GerardSamija

Apr 11, 2007
Vancouver
www.luthier.ca
Data dropped while I was talking with a violinist... I just checked the phone again and found email there I'd deleted on the PC at least 15 minutes earlier - with Kaitenmail polling every 5 minutes that makes the data disconnection at least 10, maybe 15 minutes old. Toggled the connection and it reconnected in a few seconds and auto-deleted those messages. Seems the data fix isn't as perfect as my initial testing showed. Still, once reconnected it stayed solid for maybe 10 minutes. Then dropped again when I looked away from the screen for half a minute, the icon with the x in the corner then reconnecting in a few seconds while I watched. No new demand on data (no Kaitenmail polling in the notification bar, and I know it had auto-polled a minute or so earlier) so not triggered by my doing anything. So perhaps a napping component involved? I've tried the odd data connection retention app back in September (several wipes and clean installs since then) but nothing really made a lot of difference.

fattire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Data dropped while I was talking with a violinist... I just checked the phone again and found email there I'd deleted on the PC at least 15 minutes earlier - with Kaitenmail polling every 5 minutes that makes the data disconnection at least 10, maybe 15 minutes old. Toggled the connection and it reconnected in a few seconds and auto-deleted those messages. Seems the data fix isn't as perfect as my initial testing showed. Still, once reconnected it stayed solid for maybe 10 minutes. Then dropped again when I looked away from the screen for half a minute, the icon with the x in the corner then reconnecting in a few seconds while I watched. No new demand on data (no Kaitenmail polling in the notification bar, and I know it had auto-polled a minute or so earlier) so not triggered by my doing anything. So perhaps a napping component involved? I've tried the odd data connection retention app back in September (several wipes and clean installs since then) but nothing really made a lot of difference.

is this tmo with the fixes? this morning I played tunein radio off mobile for an hour without any drops... normally it kills mobile after 1 second. same w/YouTube....

the symptom was that the mobile triangular icon would literally disappear and then return. hasn't don't that for me yet with the proposed fix...

Reactions: sol-invictus

GerardSamija

Apr 11, 2007
Vancouver
www.luthier.ca
is this tmo with the fixes? this morning I played tunein radio off mobile for an hour without any drops... normally it kills mobile after 1 second. same w/YouTube....

the symptom was that the mobile triangular icon would literally disappear and then return. hasn't don't that for me yet with the proposed fix...

Yes, sad to say, this is with lineage-14.1-20171023_162147-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip(data+drop+fix) flashed and caches wiped. Your experience with data drops seems from your description to have been worse than mine, or at least more consistent in the failures. I've often been able to stream with TuneIn Radio or YouTube (I use Dolphin-Browser for streaming video - can't STAND the YouTube app) for extended periods on cellular data. Got the CBC playing now on TuneIn. No disconnections after 10 minutes. But just before that I saw a string of disconnections which happened with only basic browsing and email, since my previous post.

fattire

Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Yes, sad to say, this is with lineage-14.1-20171023_162147-UNOFFICIAL-trltetmo.zip(data+drop+fix) flashed and caches wiped. Your experience with data drops seems from your description to have been worse than mine, or at least more consistent in the failures. I've often been able to stream with TuneIn Radio or YouTube (I use Dolphin-Browser for streaming video - can't STAND the YouTube app) for extended periods on cellular data. Got the CBC playing now on TuneIn. No disconnections after 10 minutes. But just before that I saw a string of disconnections which happened with only basic browsing and email, since my previous post.

Hmm sounds like we've been having different issues. My TMO phone would fully disconnect and reset the connection. The "x" almost immediately followed with the triangle icon completely disconnecting (the modem was apparently disconnecting from the underlying USB-like bus that it was attached to) and then reconnecting/initializing and the icon would reappear. But by then the streaming had already errored out so playing tunein or the youtube app would result in an error and nothing further would happen.

That behavior at least for me is gone now. The disconnections your'e describing-- to be clear-- is only the "x" over the connection but NOT the triangular icon disappearing? Does anything appear in the log? Do you notice that the signal drops only in certain areas? Also, to be paranoid, anything show up if you use something like snoopsnitch in case you happen to be near a Stingray or something...? Okay, that's a bit extreme but you never know...

fattire

Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Thanks to @fattire, I expanded the data drop fix to both trltespr and trltevzw in time for tomorrow's builds.

Even better, repopick this:

https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/194298/

This pulls the entire commit that my patch disables. Upstream qcom wasn't even including these changes for apq8084, so removing the whole commit shouldn't affect any of the devices except in a positive way. So if you repopick 194298 before building, let us know if it works :)

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com

GerardSamija

Apr 11, 2007
Vancouver
www.luthier.ca
Hmm sounds like we've been having different issues. ...

That behavior at least for me is gone now. The disconnections your'e describing-- to be clear-- is only the "x" over the connection but NOT the triangular icon disappearing? Does anything appear in the log? Do you notice that the signal drops only in certain areas? Also, to be paranoid, anything show up if you use something like snoopsnitch in case you happen to be near a Stingray or something...? Okay, that's a bit extreme but you never know...

Sorry that I was unclear; yes, as I've reported quite a few times in this thread, some of my data drops include a complete darkening of the connectivity icon, going to just a dark grey triangle with black inside. Most are just the x in the lower corner. Some are also just a white triangle with no '3G' to be seen. If I've been less than forthcoming with data drop related verbiage, it's because of the mixed messages all along for the past two months. I was hounded by other users for mentioning data drops in early September, so I stopped posting here at all as a courtesy. Then ripee invited input on data drops... then not so much... then again... it's all a bit confusing. I understand that this problem is a 'known issue' for some variants, mine included (though I'm still confused there, as ripee calls my phone a 910T but Phone Info and Kernel Adiutor tell me it's a 900W8), and that no authoritative fix is yet announced. Last I heard officially it seems the problem itself hasn't been identified.

As for snoopstitch, I'm further confused. I followed your link, downloaded F-Droid, installed from the APK and launched, which promptly took me to the Play Store on the CY Security Antivirus Cleaner page, asking me to install that. So I guessed that this was part of what you're suggesting and installed that. Opening this new install took me to a window with 'Fdro...' in the upper left corner and some other tabs, showing me a message "All apps up to date. Congratulations! All of your apps are up to date (or your repositories are out of date)." Which makes my head spin a bit. Is F-Droid malware, doing something weird? I'm seeing no 'scan' option anywhere. There are tabs called Available, Installed (4), Updates (0), a search icon, a refresh icon, Swap Apps, then two menu icons. I've been about a second away from opening RevoUninstaller since installing this useless baggage... but have held off that impulse pending further input from you, as I really have no way of knowing what the heck this nonsense has to do with my connectivity issues.

As for things appearing in the log, I have submitted multiple logs earlier in the thread, both logcats and dmesg files. So far pretty much zero in the way of feedback on those, from ripee or _mone or anyone else, though they've been requested.

Also, as I've stated multiple times in this thread (and in a PM responding to a PM from ripee this morning) while there are known dead or weak zones for my provider in my city, my house has never been one of those. I work at home, getting out for maybe an hour a day most days, sometimes not at all. With my Note 3 the connection was always rock solid, first with a bigger cellular provider, then with the smaller Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind) which I have used for the past couple of years. 4 bars, period, day and night. Some of my clients also use Freedom Mobile and likewise never have a problem with connectivity on working phones. It's only with the Note 4 acquired in August, and only after jumping from 6.0.1 to 7.1.2, that I've been experiencing problems, and only in Lineage builds. No problem with RR or a couple of other ROMs I've tried - but there were sufficient other problems in various others such that I've come back to hoping Lineage would work out for data, as everything else usually works fine here.

Edit: I've run a scan with the CY Security app. It's claiming a 'Fraudulent SMS Vulnerability' and offering to repair it. Tapped 'Repair Now' and it says "Perfect" and "You phone is in peak condition!" Spelling error aside, that sounds like a good thing... tapping 'Finish' it says "Perfect Protected for 1 day" which isn't reassuring. I'm thinking that app is getting uninstalled. Last thing I want is another background service hogging resources. The Note 4's inherent laggy nature even under Lineage isn't ideal at the best of times. More services generally mean more lag.

Last edited:

fattire

Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
Sorry that I was unclear; yes, as I've reported quite a few times in this thread, some of my data drops include a complete darkening of the connectivity icon, going to just a dark grey triangle with black inside. Most are just the x in the lower corner. Some are also just a white triangle with no '3G' to be seen. If I've been less than forthcoming with data drop related verbiage, it's because of the mixed messages all along for the past two months. I was hounded by other users for mentioning data drops in early September, so I stopped posting here at all as a courtesy. Then ripee invited input on data drops... then not so much... then again... it's all a bit confusing. I understand that this problem is a 'known issue' for some variants, mine included (though I'm still confused there, as ripee calls my phone a 910T but Phone Info and Kernel Adiutor tell me it's a 900W8), and that no authoritative fix is yet announced. Last I heard officially it seems the problem itself hasn't been identified.

As for snoopstitch, I'm further confused. I followed your link, downloaded F-Droid, installed from the APK and launched, which promptly took me to the Play Store on the CY Security Antivirus Cleaner page, asking me to install that. So I guessed that this was part of what you're suggesting and installed that. Opening this new install took me to a window with 'Fdro...' in the upper left corner and some other tabs, showing me a message "All apps up to date. Congratulations! All of your apps are up to date (or your repositories are out of date)." Which makes my head spin a bit. Is F-Droid malware, doing something weird? I'm seeing no 'scan' option anywhere. There are tabs called Available, Installed (4), Updates (0), a search icon, a refresh icon, Swap Apps, then two menu icons. I've been about a second away from opening RevoUninstaller since installing this useless baggage... but have held off that impulse pending further input from you, as I really have no way of knowing what the heck this nonsense has to do with my connectivity issues.

As for things appearing in the log, I have submitted multiple logs earlier in the thread, both logcats and dmesg files. So far pretty much zero in the way of feedback on those, from ripee or _mone or anyone else, though they've been requested.

Also, as I've stated multiple times in this thread (and in a PM responding to a PM from ripee this morning) while there are known dead or weak zones for my provider in my city, my house has never been one of those. I work at home, getting out for maybe an hour a day most days, sometimes not at all. With my Note 3 the connection was always rock solid, first with a bigger cellular provider, then with the smaller Freedom Mobile (formerly Wind) which I have used for the past couple of years. 4 bars, period, day and night. Some of my clients also use Freedom Mobile and likewise never have a problem with connectivity on working phones. It's only with the Note 4 acquired in August, and only after jumping from 6.0.1 to 7.1.2, that I've been experiencing problems, and only in Lineage builds. No problem with RR or a couple of other ROMs I've tried - but there were sufficient other problems in various others such that I've come back to hoping Lineage would work out for data, as everything else usually works fine here.

Edit: I've run a scan with the CY Security app. It's claiming a 'Fraudulent SMS Vulnerability' and offering to repair it. Tapped 'Repair Now' and it says "Perfect" and "You phone is in peak condition!" Spelling error aside, that sounds like a good thing... tapping 'Finish' it says "Perfect Protected for 1 day" which isn't reassuring. I'm thinking that app is getting uninstalled. Last thing I want is another background service hogging resources. The Note 4's inherent laggy nature even under Lineage isn't ideal at the best of times. More services generally mean more lag.

I have no idea what the cy security app is. it sounds extremely sketchy. uninstall it, wipe, purge it. get rid of all traces of it

F-Droid is an alternate play store type of app market where every app is open source. snoopsnitch might also available on the play store. not sure. I only linked to the open source method of installing it (fdroid) for you to find more info and the source code, but you should use the play store of it's available there. no idea how you ended up looking at that "security app"unless maybe it was in a "people who installed x also installed y" list or something

snoopsnitch tries to identify if there are any fake cell towers around, such as stingrays, which if you were living near someone under surveillance might account for weird connectivity... it was just an offhand thought...

can you post new logs with this new kernel as of tomorrow build of the moment your mobile goes to the "x"? both logcat and dmesg again. hopefully you won't see the triangle mobile icon just disappear and this is more of a regular issue with the signal not being strong enough.. the log should help clarify now that the other issue is hopefully fixed.....

also since you have this unusual Canadian 900w8 you should look at the stock Android settings (build.prop, the files in /etc, and the init.rc files because there might be something set particularly with the radio that is different from a regular us tmo device.

also be sure to go to settings/wireless and network and reset the mobile settings and cellular network. I'm guessing there is some difference in the files you'll find in the independent device repositories (900t, 900f, etc) that's where id look.

typing this in my phone. took forever sorry for typos... heh

Last edited:

GerardSamija

Apr 11, 2007
Vancouver
www.luthier.ca
snoopsnitch tries to identify if there are any fake cell towers around, such as stingrays, which if you were living near someone under surveillance might account for weird connectivity... it was just an offhand thought...

can you post new logs with this new kernel as of tomorrow build of the moment your mobile goes to the "x"? both logcat and dmesg again. hopefully you won't see the triangle mobile icon just disappear and this is more of a regular issue with the signal not being strong enough.. the log should help clarify now that the other issue is hopefully fixed.....

I will make time to grab and share logs of both types after the next nightly. Not sure about timing, as it's really hard to guess when the connection might cut out. Previous attempts at sharing relatively small logcats have been difficult as it seems recordings get very bulky indeed without a disconnect happening. Then I'll shut down recording and it'll disconnect within a second or two. My luck I guess.

Uninstalled the crapware with Revo. Found Snoopstitch on the Play Store - no need for your link with the weird installations. Ran a scan for network malware, which resulted in it asking if I wanted to allow a call to confirm something or other, so I said sure, do that. It promptly opened the dialer and called an area code 404 - Georgia, it seems, whether that's Georgia the country or Georgia USA I don't know yet, cooking dinner and no time to chase down everything. I let it dial, but it hung up, dialed itself again, then hung up. Then the number in Georgia dialed me back. I dismissed that. No added charges, thanks!

Will add more later. This stuff is all too weird and I have dinner to make for the family.

fattire

Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
I'm not sure how you are collecting logcats, but i fyou're doing it over adb from a command line (in OS X or Linux, say) you can filter the output using the grep command, or you can filter within adb itself.

I think the callback from snoopsnitch is to verify your phone number-- by dismissing it you didn't verify it. If I'm not mistaken, snoopsnitch uses a 'crowd sourcing' type of method to collect data about where the bad cell towers are. It ties any reporting to a # and verifies the # so that if you are sending bogus or misleading ifnormation, it can be removed from the database. There are some videos about how IMSI-catchers work on youtube. I probably shouldn't have brought this up as it's extrmeely unlikely to be the cause of your issue, but it occurred to me so i mentioned it.

I will make time to grab and share logs of both types after the next nightly. Not sure about timing, as it's really hard to guess when the connection might cut out. Previous attempts at sharing relatively small logcats have been difficult as it seems recordings get very bulky indeed without a disconnect happening. Then I'll shut down recording and it'll disconnect within a second or two. My luck I guess.

Uninstalled the crapware with Revo. Found Snoopstitch on the Play Store - no need for your link with the weird installations. Ran a scan for network malware, which resulted in it asking if I wanted to allow a call to confirm something or other, so I said sure, do that. It promptly opened the dialer and called an area code 404 - Georgia, it seems, whether that's Georgia the country or Georgia USA I don't know yet, cooking dinner and no time to chase down everything. I let it dial, but it hung up, dialed itself again, then hung up. Then the number in Georgia dialed me back. I dismissed that. No added charges, thanks!

Will add more later. This stuff is all too weird and I have dinner to make for the family.

GerardSamija

Apr 11, 2007
Vancouver
www.luthier.ca
I'm not sure how you are collecting logcats, but i fyou're doing it over adb from a command line (in OS X or Linux, say) you can filter the output using the grep command, or you can filter within adb itself.
I've no familiarity with any of that. Using Windows 7 on a tablet. Used CatLog and the native terminal with the dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt command thanks to a developer's instructions to get logs. I'm not at all conversant with command line stuff, just a user hoping to help while moving towards a fully realized and stable OS for my device. With sufficient instruction, step by step, I can deliver useful information. Otherwise all I can offer is reporting my experiences, as I did for many developers of Pocket PC software for a decade or so, while I did beta testing and reviews. So yeah, a log file from me is going to contain a lot of irrelevant stuff unless I'm told e actly how to narrow things down. I don't grock grep, sorry, and wouldn't know where to begin to filter an ADB thingy.

fbarcenas

Mar 22, 2011
New Brunswick
Forgive my ignorance folks, but with the exception of the Exynos units, are there really any physical difference between the rest of the variants? Do they have different modems? NFC hardware? wifi hardware? etc? Because if just look at the specs of each variant the all seem to match (except Exynos units). It almost sounds like I could just flash a trlteW8 build into my trlteVZW unit and convert it. I'm sure I must be wrong, because everyone would be doing it. I just don't know why. So what is Samsung changing among these variants to make the different?

Reactions: tripLr

Texas_Ace

Apr 1, 2012
Just curious, Has anyone got Magisk working on the latest versions? it just bootloops for me when I try. I can live without it but it is nice to know it is an option if something pops up in the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maxresdefault.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
     * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    (Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: When will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: Not before all the issues listed under "Bugs" below are fixed.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: What will some of the differences be between unofficial and official builds?
    A: The following technical changes will take effect:
    - Built-in su root will be removed: You will have to download and install the su addon from LineageOS Extras.
    - Phone status > LineageOS updates will be activated, allowing for the OTA downloading of official builds.
    - The official builds will be digitally signed by Lineage to prove that they do not contain malicious source code and are able to pass the Play Store's SafetyNet check.
    Note: Each official build will be cooked and released by LineageOS on their schedule and only if no major unexpected bug is introduced into the source code. The developers will announce if and when their source code will be submitted to Lineage for official support and when we can expect to see the first official builds.

Q: Why is my phone warmer/hotter and the battery noticeably drained after flashing a build?
    A: The wipe process that is a part of the installation procedure deletes some important configuration data, ie. BATTERYSTATS, which keep track of the battery's power level. These data ensure a balanced power management profile for all the hardware components of your phone. This is normal and nothing to worry about at all. Your battery drain will return to normal within a day or two.

If, however, you notice increased battery drain over a few days, check your signal. Android automatically re-directs battery power to the antennas to compensate for a weak signal from the tower to which your phone is connected at that time. If your signal is strong, check the following:
    1) You missed one of the Wipe steps in the flashing procedure.
    2) You are running an old bootloader or modem. Flash the most recent one listed for your variant either under the links below. Note: Use the "AP" button in Odin to flash ripee's combined BL_CP tar files.
    3) How old is your battery? Official replacement Samsung batteries typically last around 1 year if you recharge them regularly, ie. once a day. Since the Note 4 is almost 3 years old, it is normal for your original battery to start failing, but official Samsung batteries should not cost more than USD 20 nowadays.
    4) If all else fails, start over! Go through the entire installation procedure, including flashing a stock Marshmallow build, and going from there. Do NOT skip any steps this time!

Q. Flashing a build failed with the message "eMMC Write Fail".
    A. This is the infamous embedded Multi-Media Controller bug that indicates that your internal flash memory is dead or dying. Do NOT try any tricks or crazy ideas to fix it, as they are all hoaxes! The ONLY way to get rid of it is to open your phone up and replace its logic board. :p

[Official] Note 4 Verizon Bootloader Unlock
    - ryanbg

Odin
    - Odin3 v3.13.1

Heimdall
    - Glass Echidna

Bootloaders and modems
    - ripee

TWRP
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos

[THEME][TWRP] TWRP Materialised - Black / Dark / Light / Play [27/01/18]
    - z31s1g

BasketBuild Downloader
    - daktak
    In the app's Settings, change Project to ripee and Device to trlte or trlteduos. Under Base Url, replace s with www.

ROMs
    ripee (LineageOS su root included.)
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos

_mone
    - LineageOS

LineageOS Extras
    - addonsu-14.1-arm-signed.zip
    - addonsu-remove-14.1-arm-signed.zip

Magisk

OpenGapps Downloader
    - daktak

Open GApps
    - pico

Aroma-Extras
    - Creeper36

The SELinux Switch
    - Ibuprophen

SPenCommand
    - It is against XDA Developers rules to post links to paid apps and games. Please find this app on your own if you wish to use it.

WipeTelephonyProviderData
    - hsbadr

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS 13.0, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 14.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your phone!

How to flash a bootloader and/or modem and TWRP
    1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu,
    2. In Odin, import the bootloader.tar file with the "BL" button and the modem.tar file with the "CP" button, or a combined BL_CP.tar file with the "AP" button, for your variant,
    3. Download the .tar file of the latest version of TWRP from the link above,
    4. Reboot into Download mode again and import the TWRP .tar file with the "AP" button.

How to flash LineageOS, Open GApps, and Aroma-Extras
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external microsd storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps and optionally Aroma-Extras,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps and optionally Aroma-Extras,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibrate),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

How to install SPenCommand
    1. Install The SELinux Switch and Select SELinux mode as PERMISSIVE,
    2. Reboot into System,
    3. Install SPenCommand.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps or Aroma-Extras over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Important information about stock S Pen functionality!
    The apps, libraries, and drivers that allow for the advanced S Pen-based functions in stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz-based custom roms WILL NEVER BE INCLUDED IN ANY AOSP-BASED ROMS due to their proprietary nature. The scope of these functions goes beyond simple vendor blobs and enters the realm of 3rd party intellectual property licensed to Samsung. The S Pen does work in all AOSP-based custom roms, however it acts simply as an alternative input device. Various open source 3rd party apps are available that take advantage of the Note 4's stylus (see above), but their functionality is a fraction of that of stock TouchWiz.

Bugs
    - The fingerprint scanner works, but you have to go through the finger adding process twice for each finger!
    - The built-in camera app is slow and crashes randomly, especially when the flash fires, requiring a reboot to function again.
    - Video recording in 4K resolution is not possible with either the built-in camera app or any 3rd party camera/camcorder apps.
    - 5GHz hotspot gives an error message when attempting to turn it on.
    - If NFC is turned off when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will freeze in the "off" position and remain off until the phone is rebooted. If NFC is turned on when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will function properly to turn NFC both on and off. However, if NFC is turned off and the phone is rebooted, this bug will reappear.
    - The 2nd SIM slot does not work in any trlteduos variant.
    - VoLTE is not yet supported.
    - You tell us!

Credits
    - cvxda, jef_00, lilferraro, and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the trlte and trlteduos.

Sources
    - _mone
    - Corinna Vinschen
    - fattire
    - LineageOS
    - ripee
    - samsung-apq8084

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    jef_00, _mone, ripee, fattire
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Marshmallow for your variant.

Version Information

Created 2017-04-13
    Last Updated 2019-07-13
    hey buddys iam not gone i am really busy with school and i feel not well i have flu but iam here..

i hope that we have running 7.1.2 soon..
    New Developer on XDA

Hello Guys!

I have developed a Pixel MOD for the Galaxy Note 4. This includes PixelApps, Sound, Bootanimation, Theme, Substratum .. and many more. I need 10 Thanks to make a Thread for the Mod. The Mod getting worked on Lineage EmotionOS and Emotion N Treltexx

If someone has interest, please give a Thanks so I can create the thread! Thank you:)
    New builds are up!
    Public service announcement about the availability of my builds in the future

1. I have invested in a premium dev subscription on AFH. This will allow my build script to automatically import all of my cooked builds into each build's corresponding AFH folder as soon as it finishes uploading. Each build will become available for downloading mere minutes after uploading throughout the early morning hours, European time.

2. Thus far I have had access to my laptop, on which I build each night, on a regular basis. This will change in the coming weeks, but just because I don't post a build on a given day DOES NOT mean that I will have gotten sick of cooking LineageOS and suddenly stopped. I plan on building for all the devices linked in my signature for as long as possible while there is a dev maintaining them.

3. Just out of curiosity, I only keep the most recent 10 builds to encourage users to update and avoid reporting old bugs in old builds that may have been fixed in recent builds. I was going to stick with only one week's worth of builds but I may not be able to build daily in the future (see point 2).