Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Illuminatus_

Dec 19, 2011
Athens
OnePlus 7
History
Redmi Note 2 (MTK) was launched with Android 5.0.2 and gest what is still on Android 5.0.2 will get Miui 9
Redmi Note 3 (MTK) was launched with Android 5.0.2 and gest what is still on Android 5.0.2 will get Miui 9
Redmi Note 4 (MTK) was launched with Android 6.0.1 and i hope it will be updated to Android 7

0kti

Jun 11, 2009
Poland
OnePlus 12
Is this your belief/opinion?
If fact, please provide a link to where you have read it.

I may be mistaken but I thought miui9 was meant to have been based on android 7.
I hope that nikel will receive Android 7 but I read that we will receive Miui9 but based on Android 6 as usual

Well we will see in few weeks

Tapatalk - Redmi Note 4 MKT

magnum_2007

Apr 29, 2013
Islamabad
I am selling my MTK version today. Thinking of waiting for Note 5 to release or K8 Note to be available in my country. Lenovo is doing great with shifting to Pure Android. But still MTK sources will not be released. And if Note 5 turned out to be a disappointment, I may go for Note 4 SD version.

wodgey

Jan 17, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi Note 8
I hope that nikel will receive Android 7 but I read that we will receive Miui9 but based on Android 6 as usual

Well we will see in few weeks

Tapatalk - Redmi Note 4 MKT
Found this googling
http://indianexpress.com/article/te...-with-android-n-heres-how-to-install-4795711/
Not only does it say that miui9 is based on N but it says that it's already available to download.

I'll be investigating this tomorrow. I've had a long day and am going to watch my girlfriend bathing!

Yes. I know my priorities are messed up.

Vainpixel

Aug 17, 2017
Thanks bro!
I flash your rom yesteyday
but there is a bug that I can't call someone
If i do this(China Unicom),there will be"the moblie internet can't connet"
Then I realized i forgot to wipe system,then i do this and also wipe cache and dalvik,but the same peoblem happened.(Please forgive my English?)

THEANDROIDGOLEM

Jul 8, 2015
Great ROM:good:
But the camera and fingerprint sensor bugs are kind of deal breakers.
Hopefully, they'll get fixed soon.:fingers-crossed:

jellybean13

Aug 16, 2017
Linyi
GOOD JOB :good::good:
But I found some bugs in this ROM (08-12-2017). Some bugs can be listed as follows.
* Could not read & write external storage (such as SD card, OTG).
* Could not play music.
* Could not use 4G (CHINA MOBILE disabled 3G services, so I can only use E).
* RIL not working fully (can show signal strength, network types and use mobile data).
* Could not install small applications (less than 1MB).
* Could not scan hidden WLAN AP (this WLAN AP has added to WLAN AP list).

Sorry my bad English.

Reactions: JohnMelson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Whats Working ?
    • Boots
    • RIL (SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • LED
    • GPS

Known issues:
    • Fingerprint Scanner
    • Camera
    • Rotation Sensor
    • SD-Card
    • Calls

Instructions :
    • Flash Twrp :- Link
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads:

Sources:

Join Group:

XDAevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][NIKEL] LineageOS-14.1 , For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    @SamarV-121, Team_MAD , @Verevka , @sandstranger , @vgdn1942 , @DeckerSU , @Danielhk , @jonnyxda , @Moyster , @adrianom
    Source code:- https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.1.2
    ROM Kernel : Linux 3.18.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Marshmallow

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 14.1

Created
    2017-07-30
    Last Updated 2017-08-12
    Downloads:-

2017-08-12
    Changelog:-

2017-07-30
    Changelog:-
    @all developers
    In the discord channel of this project the user @end222 hinted that in the current Nikel lineagos 14.1 device tree branch there are some MTK symbols corrupted and missing in the "libmtk_symbols".
    These missing symbols are added in the Redmi Pro Omega device tree you can find here: https://github.com/end222/lineage_device_omega
    Replace the Replace the "libmtk_symbols" folder with mine and give it a try.

Then Camera and Calls may work. Maybe some minor tweaking is still necessary, but the missing symbols should be ready then.
    Here are the missing Blobs for the Camera by SamarV-121:

Missing-Blobs+Camera-Blobs-nikel.zip
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120756749

Just install the zip via TWRP.
    The redmi note 4 refered in that article is the qualcomm versión, not the mtk one. So that conclusions are not valid for this device