[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][nx589j] LineageOS 14.1 Nubia z17 mini s [13/11/2018]

Search This thread

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
Calls/SMS/Mobile data
Wifi
Bluetooth
GPS
NFC
Camera
Audio
Fingerprint sensor
LED
Torchlight

Broken
You tell me

Source code:
device nx589j: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_device_nubia_nx589j
device nubia msm8976-common: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_device_nubia_msm8976-common
kernel: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_nubia_msm8976/tree/staging/cm-14.1-nx591j
vendor: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_vendor_nubia

clean code with kernel rebased on top of latest caf nougat msm8976 tag.

Download
2018-11-13
  • Added thermal config files. This should lead to lower device heat and lower power consumption
  • Updated Lineage code
mailru: lineage-14.1-20181113-UNOFFICIAL-nx589j.zip
gdrive: lineage-14.1-20181113-UNOFFICIAL-nx589j.zip

Previous versions:

How to install
To install this rom use TWRP 3.2.1: twrp-nx589j-test10.img or twrp-nx589j-test10.img

If you want to use nubia cam you can install this package in recovery:
mailru: nubia_camera_V7.0.4.213.6.zip
gdrive: nubia_camera_V7.0.4.213.6.zip

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][nx589j] LineageOS 14.1 for Nubia z17 mini s [13/11/2018], ROM for the ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini

Contributors
highwaystar_ru
Source Code: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_nubia_msm8976/tree/staging/cm-14.1-nx591j

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOs

Version Information

Created 2018-08-28
Last Updated 2018-11-13

gandfh

Sep 2, 2018
Hi and thanks to give this ROM and source.

I don't have tested a lot of things but LED doesn't work. Notify and charging doesn't turn on led. [EDIT] Works as stock but it's not really good.
Torchlight touch doesn't work but flash with camera work.

Camera, audio, fingerprint sensor, call, SMS, WIFI, Mobile data and GPS work.

Works :
  • Calls/SMS/Mobile data
  • Wifi
  • GPS
  • Camera
  • Audio
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • LED (works as stock but it's not really good)

Doesn't work :
  • Torchlight

Not tested :
  • Bluetooth
  • NFC
  • Quick charge battery

Thanks.

Edit : Sometimes (random), torchlight works after use of camera.

Last edited:

gandfh

Sep 2, 2018
Hi again.

I have tested to compile rom from your source.
In setup config file doesn't exist and I have choice msm-NX589-perf_defconfig to compile.
I don't know why but boot image go into bootloop. I must restore boot from your compiled rom (backuped from TWRP) to boot.

Backlight is very dark but torchlight work perfectly.
Led doesn't work.
Battery charge but I don't think quick charge works. I am not sure for quick charge.

I hope these indications will help you.

gandfh

Sep 2, 2018
After test with stock firmware, leds work as stock firmware.
it's the original works that is not complete.

Wilkenism

Oct 7, 2013
Nice work producing this! Now if only I could get my phone to connect to my laptop (nothing seems to work - using the ZTE USB drivers but the device isn't recognised even when I install manually :( - oh well...)

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
2018-11-13
  • Added thermal config files. This should lead to lower device heat and lower power consumption
  • Updated Lineage code

tid0909

Oct 20, 2018
I tried this ROM because stock global had problems for me. Especially notifications and miracast is working in Lineageos. The max speaker volume could be higher. Skype has microphone problem. With lots of distortion.
Thanks, I keep using it.

Last edited:

saranyu72

Jan 9, 2016
Watch Youtube 1080p60 laggggg

If there is a fix It is used as a primary ROM.

Thank you for the ROM.

Last edited:

gandfh

Sep 2, 2018
I have submitted patch to leds notification.
There are only 2 leds. Button left and Button right. Home has no led or I didn't find how to activate it even changing dts.
  • Left button : battery notification
  • Right button : others notification like message
Leds are power on when lcd backlight is power on and notify when lcd backlight is power off.
Battery notify is constantly power on when plugged power and battery >= 92%.

I hope that this will definitively correct notifications management.

starmartmmth

Mar 14, 2019
Hello
It bug for me. When I use another camera application and take photo not very bright it will have green light in photo.
Can you fix it?

silu79

Jun 26, 2019
Hello, I think, that ONLY right speaker works. Left one Is muted for music And do on....

Top Liked Posts