/* * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA. */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
USB and WLAN tethering
You tell me
device : https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_device_lenovo_TB8703
- Its probably final build for Lineage 14.1, next will be 15.1. Some final preparations done:
- Removed some unused blobs
- Fixed grayish colors in HAL3 camera app lik Google Camera mods.
- LineageOS code updated
- Device tree switched to subtreeway to include some needed caf modules like camera., gps, ipa. If you use sources please note cm-14.1 branch force pushed. Old branch saved to cm-14.1-backup
- ROM installation process changed. Now works with encrypted /data partition. No need to format data when coming from stock ROM. Please use new TWRP build with Boot Sign function, download below..
- Fixed LED notification with apps with blue and green background, including battery cahrging indication > 90%
- Updated Lineage code
- Fixed wifi and USB tethering (modem mode)
- Fixed video playback, including camera video
- Enabled wifi display (miracast).
- Updated Lineage code
Fixed notification LED
Fixed backlight becomes darker on screen has dark content
Show TB-8703F in About Phone for WiFi tablet version
Complete disabled CapSensor, because it causing random touches, when you hold tablet
[*] first release
How to install
To install this you have to install TWRP using by QFIL utility, follow this instruction: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/twrp-lenovo-p8-tb-8703f-tb-8703x-t3689442/post76277192
Special TWRP build
To install and boot any custom roms and to boot it after installing mods that change boot partitition like Magisk please use this TWRP:
- Fixed long time to wakeup screen in TWRP
- Added NTFS filesystem for sdcards
This TWRP build has special function Sign boot whihc you have to click after install new version of ROM or mod like Magisk. It will append stock boot signature to your boot partition. This allows to boot with locked bootloader.
TWRP with Boot Sign function screenshots:
Fortunately you dont need to unlock bootloader, because not every Lenovo tab can be unlocked. Custom kernel and ROM can be runned by appending boot.sig signature extracted from stock rom to boot.img like
cat boot.img boot.sig > boot-signed.img
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][tb8703f/x/r/n] LineageOS 14.1 for Lenovo TAB 3 8 plus P8, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Source Code: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/cm-14.1-common
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOs
Last Updated 2018-08-25