[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][tb8704f/x/v] LineageOS 14.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8 plus

Search This thread

narenjeen

Jul 1, 2019
Thank very much dev....love to c u on tab 4 8plus...really gud...
Superb ROM.
Here is my
Ghost touch is the biggest problem after every stock update.
Now installing after u r great custom ROM ..
Got rid of these ghost touch.
U r fix is absolutely worked form me.
U r a great dev.

Last edited:
Reactions: swieder711

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
Update:
2020-01-02
  • Fixed issue with OTG
  • Enabled kernel config CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_TTL (needed for tethering with some operators)
  • Updated Lineage code

Links to download in first post

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
Any hope of getting this working on an 8704V? Just bootloops at lenovo screen. If you don't have the time/interest to fix it, if it's grunt that doesn't require much talent, I can do a new build if you already more or less know what the fix might be, or try builds for you on a V.

Please try this test boot boot-tb8704v-test.img flashed over latest lineage 14.1 build, please try to take logs if possible via adb logcat and adb shell dmesg

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
thanks very much..:good:

I just flashed this on my 8704v with your modified boot file and it worked! thanks so much for developing this. I am willing to test 16.1 whenever you want to send my way!

Please try this boot boot-los14.1-tb8704v-test20200316.img with Lineage 14.1, it same as previous, but dts code built from source, instead of placing stock one as posted above. If this works well it is one step from lineage 16.0 for tb8704v

Sage

Dec 12, 2005
AU
Xiaomi Mi 11
Great release though tablet never goes to sleep. Battery life drain is very poor. Battery settings says it's LineageOS System is preventing sleep.

drainage is all Device Awake (Screen off).

Pity.. i liked this ROM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
    Calls/SMS/Mobile data
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Camera
    Audio
    FM radio
    Torchlight
    LED
    USB and WLAN tethering
    Fingerprint sensor
    Broken
    Permissive selinux
    You tell me

Source code:
    device : https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_device_lenovo_TB8704
    kernel: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_lenovo_tb8704
    vendor: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_vendor_lenovo_TB8704

2020-01-02
    • Fixed issue with OTG
    • Enabled kernel config CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_TTL (needed for tethering with some operators)
    • Updated Lineage code
    mailru: lineage-14.1-20200102-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip
    gdrive: lineage-14.1-20200102-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip

Previous versions:

2019-07-14
    • Added more device names to allow to work with different twrp builds (this should resolve error 7 on install)
    • Added thermal configuration
    • Enabled exfat and ntfs filesystems
    • Fixed couple of crashes on wifi only tablet
    mailru: lineage-14.1-20190714-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip
    gdrive: lineage-14.1-20190714-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip

2019-07-13
    • first release
    mailru: lineage-14.1-20190713-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip
    gdrive: lineage-14.1-20190713-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip

How to install
    You have to had TWRP installed from this thread TWRP and ROOT for Tab 4 8/10 (Plus) (TB-8704X/F/V,TB-X704L/F, TB-8504X/F, TB-X304L/F)

In TWRP clean Data if you coming from stock ROM and do Install of this ROM. If you have android 8 stock rom installed you have to format Data with data loss, because used encryption is incompatible with android 7.1

Thanks
    Big thank to @mistersixt, who donated $$ for device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][7.1.2][tb8704f/x/v] LineageOS 14.1 for Lenovo TAB4 8 plus, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
    highwaystar_ru
    Source Code: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_lenovo_tb8704

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOs

Version Information

Created 2019-07-13
    Last Updated 2019-07-14
    This is great - thank you @highwaystar_ru for your work. I'll test it on my TB-8704X today. Are there plans on upgrading to LineageOS 15.1 or even 16?

Yes, I'm planning to integrate it with https://github.com/lenovo-devs and build Lineage 16.0 soon. There will be not many updates on 14.1, I will upload one updated build today, found that current is incompatible with linked twrp (I tested it only with my own twrp build).
    2019-07-14
    • Added more device names to allow to work with different twrp builds (this should resolve error 7 on install)
    • Added thermal configuration
    • Enabled exfat and ntfs filesystems
    • Fixed couple of crashes on wifi only tablet
    Would you say I could use it as daily driver?

Absolutely. I've been using it without any issues. Battery is good also. The only thing I haven't done with it yet is play games and cast.