• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [7.1] [Nougat] [NIGHTLY] Lineage OS 14.1 for Nexus 4

Search This thread

milaq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net

AuxvmIk.png

Lineage OS 14.1 nightlies

The infrastructure for Lineage OS is not yet complete, so there are no official nightly builds for now.
Therefore I am sharing nightly builds for the Nexus 4 (mako) here.

These are the only changes that are applied when building: Cherry picks

These builds are fully compatible with CyanogenMod 14.1 nightly builds from december, so one could just flash these like regular updates.

The releases will co-inside and the build start time is at 04:00 UTC every night and should be uploaded soon after. If at anytime the builds are not there, then there was a problem building the ROM, and we will have a look at it ASAP.

Download builds

View upstream changes

And as always: I take no responsibility whatsoever for raging, crying, frustration, burned down houses, dead kittens or global thermonuclear war

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS 14.1 nightlies, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
milaq
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-01-03
Last Updated 2017-01-04

Last edited:

milaq

Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
Thanks/Credits

• CyanogenMod (now Lineage OS) core team and contributors
  • Pavel Kucera (nadlabak)
  • Steve Kondik (cyanogen)
  • Android dev team @ Google

Let me know if i omitted you and i will add you here asap.

Last edited:

fischli

Mar 2, 2014
Running fine, but the CM File Manager is missing.
Further some Apps seems to be double: There is equally a CM Setting-App and LinageOS Setting-App integrated.

milaq

Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
Running fine, but the CM File Manager is missing.
I've corrected this and added the repo back.
CMFileManager is a legit core project so it should be included.

Further some Apps seems to be double: There is equally a CM Setting-App and LinageOS Setting-App integrated.

That is due to the rebranding process. That should be fixed upstream soon.

@milaq
Camera2 instead of Snap, any explanation?
@fischli looks like this is not "vanilla" builds from LOS repos.

"Vanilla" as in "close to the core". Thus, cyngn.com endorsed apps are not included (Gello, Eleven and Snap). See https://github.com/milaq/android/blob/cm-14.1/local_manifest.xml

ivanich

Nov 6, 2011
Odessa, Kyiv
I've corrected this and added the repo back.
CMFileManager is a legit core project so it should be included.

That is due to the rebranding process. That should be fixed upstream soon.

"Vanilla" as in "close to the core". Thus, cyngn.com endorsed apps are not included (Gello, Eleven and Snap). See https://github.com/milaq/android/blob/cm-14.1/local_manifest.xml
Those repos(Snap, Gello, Eleven) are included in the LineageOS, so why your topic saying it's "Lineage OS 14.1 nightlies"? In fact this is just modded rom based on Lineageos, otherwise no modification should be made to manifests, repos.

milaq

Feb 24, 2009
milaq.net
Those repos(Snap, Gello, Eleven) are included in the LineageOS, so why your topic saying it's "Lineage OS 14.1 nightlies"? In fact this is just modded rom based on Lineageos, otherwise no modification should be made to manifests, repos.

No.
Snap, Gello and Eleven are Cyngn endorsed packages, to eventually "brand" the devices (pre)loaded with CM/CyanogenOS.
This topic is named "[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [7.1] [Nougat] [NIGHTLY] Lineage OS 14.1 for Nexus 4" because these are Lineage OS builds, which are deployed every night, thus "nightly". It is not that "nightly" is a term used to describe content, but just the release cycle.

I linked to the repository with all changes in the OP. Everything is open and available via Github. You can check out the buildscript, too.
So if you are unhappy with these builds, feel free to set up your own Jenkins and deploy.

Top Liked Posts