[ROM][Unofficial][8.1.0][deprecated] Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia Z1 compact 29.12.18

Search This thread

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
This Thread is deprecated!
Please use https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-xperia-z1-compact-t3884247/
We'll provide Lineage 15.1 builds there as well. They come in two different flavours:
  • pure LineageOS
  • Security hardened microG LineageOS
Functionality is completely the same as provived by the builds from this thread - they are build from the same sources. Only difference: The new builds are signed to guarantee a maximum of security.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
 */
Status
List template by AdrianDC
Code:
- Boot : Ok
- GApps : OpenGApps Micro recommended
- Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
- Bluetooth : Ok
- WiFi : Ok
- WiFi Hotspot : Ok
- RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
- GPS : Ok
- Camera : Ok
- Camcorder : Ok
- Lights : Ok
- MicroSD : Ok
- Accelerometer : Ok
- Compass : Ok
- Gyroscope : Ok
- Touchscreen : Ok
- FM Radio : Ok
- ANT+ : Ok
- Vibrator : Ok
- Microphone : Ok
- Audio & music : Ok
- Bluetooth audio : Ok
- MHL: didn't test
- NFC : Ok
- Kernel : Ok
- Graphics : Ok
- 3D Rendering : Ok
- Clock : Ok
- Offline Charging : Ok
- USB : Ok
- USB OTG : Ok
- Encryption : Ok, but installing updates only works with adb sideload!
- SEPolicies : Enforcing
Download
FAQ
What about device encryption?
Device encryption is working. You only have to keep in mind that you need a PC with adb to install systemupdates.
Flashing via recovery isn't working until now, because there isn't a recovery capable of decrypting Oreo /data partitions at the moment. But an easy "adb sideload" should do the job. Or installing from the external SD card.
What about reboot to recovery?
Reboot to recovery is only working with magisk installed. Investigating this...
Reboot to recovery is working as it should now (and of course also without magisk).
What about GPS?
GPS apps like GPS Status&Toolbox or SatStat don't get location fixes. Nevertheless navigating with Osmand or googleMaps should work. Positionfinding is also slow. Got better :)
I found a bug. What should I do?
We need your feedback for optimization. But your feedback is only useful in connection with logs --> see section Bugreports
What about root access?
Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
If you want to gain root access to your apps use one of these (depending on your taste/needs):
Bugreports
You'll find information about logging here.
Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
Sources
Credits
  • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
  • rcstar6696
  • SuperLamic
  • drakonizer
  • AdrianDC
  • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
  • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
  • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
  • LineageOS team

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
115ek, SpiritCroc, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
Source Code: https://github.com/115ek/manifest

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2018-09-10

Created 2018-09-10
Last Updated 2019-03-18

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Changelog

• fixed wrong bluetooth MAC address (00:00:00:00:5a:ad on all devices), now displaying correct device specific one
  • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level December 05, 2018)
  • fix problem with Lineage SU addon by using 64-bit binder API (thanks @NyQuilXT)
  • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level November 05, 2018)
  • fixed GPS 3D fix
  • fixed MHL (thanks @koron393)
  • added callrecording
  • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level October 05, 2018)
  • fixed reboot to recovery without magisk
  • minor improvements from AICP devices trees (thanks @SpiritCroc)
  • synced LineageOS sources
  • initial release

Last edited:

Jeroen1000

Jul 26, 2012
Hi 115ek. Thanks for making this. I'm not new to flashing but I have a question nonetheless. What do you mean by
Encryption : Ok but needs recovery capable of Oreo decryption for installing updates (AFAIK such a recovery doesn't exist until now for our device...)

I'm actually having some trouble finding a up-to-date recovery.

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Hi 115ek. Thanks for making this. I'm not new to flashing but I have a question nonetheless. What do you mean by

I'm actually having some trouble finding a up-to-date recovery.

You can use this https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528046823 or that https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/orig-development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-t3759450.

For Lineage 15.x flashing you need TWRP>=3.2.x If the version is older you'll end up in a error 7.

Concerning decryption: Google introduced some new encryption stuff and so the decryption of /data from inside TWRP is broken. Some guys are working on it (@nailyk).
Encrypting the device should work fine, but I don't know what happens if you want to update the encrypted device. (I'm going to test that ;)).
Basically you need to store the update package outside of encrypted partitions... Maybe adb sideload works - but it's circumstantial.

Edit:
That's only interesting if you plan to encrypt your device. Otherways you can relax.

Edit2:
adb sideload should do the job. But you need a PC for updating. Installing an image directly via recovery isn't possible until now.

Last edited:

ULT][MO

Oct 11, 2015
The rom looks very stable and balance, but I've some problems with root procedure. I tried the lineage addon, the root seems active, but opening apps (es. Ad away) results unrooted, any ideas?

Update: Now Works. Flashed lastest Magisk ;)

Last edited:

vildevilde

Aug 6, 2014
Amazing to see this old device on Oreo, just installed and it feels smooth and nice. Just a pity that I have broken the sim card connectors inside so I cant use it as a phone but I will fins use of it at home just for fun. :) Thank you for your work 115ek :good:

Last edited:

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Great to see this rom realy! This rom have stock camera?
What do you mean with stock camera? ;)
There was a thing with kernel versions 3.4 and 3.10, wasn't it? We're using 3.4.
Concerning the camera: I'm not that expert, but it looks okay I would say. ;)

Feel free to contribute: There's still the reboot-to-recovery problem and Pie is in the starting blocks.

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
my phone reboots to recovery.
Need to install Magisk
without it I also do not reboot to recovery

Thanks, but I already knew this ;)
But I like to reboot to recovery without magisk. I think there are people around who don't like/need magisk (including me).
The fact that it works with magisk may locate the problem to the boot.img. I have init_sony in mind and will check that.
Any ideas welcome :)

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Thanks, but I already knew this ;)
But I like to reboot to recovery without magisk. I think there are people around who don't like/need magisk (including me).
The fact that it works with magisk may locate the problem to the boot.img. I have init_sony in mind and will check that.
Any ideas welcome :)

I meant does this rom have stock camera blobs? Do you have property: ro.bootmode

and does /proc/cmdline shows diferent bootreason when you set reboot reason to recovery?

Last edited:
Reactions: mirhl

115ek

Jan 30, 2017

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Seems rom have stock blobs. To distinguish between AOSP and stock blobs... depends on kernel you have using, aosp kernel can't be used with stock blobs since aosp camera kernel module is diferent, but I'm out of development for long, have no free time and to be honest I still didn't forgot treatment & injustice for my status on xda, that made me more inactive here. Recognised members have bad treatment here, seems senior members have much more priority than recognised members, and thats reason why everybody here need to care how many hours per day to waste here. I decided to stop wasting my time on xda since xda leaders do not respect anybody's hard work here. I recommend the same to everyone here.

Last edited:

ULT][MO

Oct 11, 2015
I tried "reboot to recovery", after Sony logo the phone reboot again (also if you press recovery button), and to enter in recovery you've to push again the button at the second reboot.
It is like a normal reboot... But it's not a problem ?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
I tried "reboot to recovery", after Sony logo the phone reboot again (also if you press recovery button), and to enter in recovery you've to push again the button at the second reboot.
It is like a normal reboot... But it's not a problem

What recovery are you using? I recommend this one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/orig-development/lineageos-12-1-z1c-current-sec-patches-t3614936.
With mine from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/orig-development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-t3759450 it still won't work. Maybe a timing thing.
But it's okay if we have at least one working TWRP. :cool:
And oreo /data decryption is still an issue we have to address.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Thread is deprecated!
    Please use https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-xperia-z1-compact-t3884247/
    We'll provide Lineage 15.1 builds there as well. They come in two different flavours:
    • pure LineageOS
    • Security hardened microG LineageOS
    Functionality is completely the same as provived by the builds from this thread - they are build from the same sources. Only difference: The new builds are signed to guarantee a maximum of security.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */
    Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro recommended
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - ANT+ : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: didn't test
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : Ok, but installing updates only works with adb sideload!
    - SEPolicies : Enforcing
    Download
    FAQ
    What about device encryption?
    Device encryption is working. You only have to keep in mind that you need a PC with adb to install systemupdates.
    Flashing via recovery isn't working until now, because there isn't a recovery capable of decrypting Oreo /data partitions at the moment. But an easy "adb sideload" should do the job. Or installing from the external SD card.
    What about reboot to recovery?
    Reboot to recovery is only working with magisk installed. Investigating this...
    Reboot to recovery is working as it should now (and of course also without magisk).
    What about GPS?
    GPS apps like GPS Status&Toolbox or SatStat don't get location fixes. Nevertheless navigating with Osmand or googleMaps should work. Positionfinding is also slow. Got better :)
    I found a bug. What should I do?
    We need your feedback for optimization. But your feedback is only useful in connection with logs --> see section Bugreports
    What about root access?
    Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
    If you want to gain root access to your apps use one of these (depending on your taste/needs):
    Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    115ek, SpiritCroc, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/115ek/manifest

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-09-10

Created 2018-09-10
    Last Updated 2019-03-18
    Great! Could You explain what was wrong? Looks like at end of Oreo's life we got fully working rom :)

During Oreo bringup sdm845 gps libs were used due to compiling errors (AFAIK...). We now switched back to msm8974 ones and they work properly :)
    If you're interested in details: http://gerrit.aicp-rom.com/q/topic:%22satellite_fix%22+(status:eek:pen%20OR%20status:merged)
    new build is up!
    • fixed GPS 3D fix
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904028247

I'm going to upload it also on a different site (AFH is soo slow sometimes.) Please be patient.

Can anyone please post/link to pics from lineageos Camera app? Is it reasonable like a moto G level. I do not need fantastic pics like original blob sony binary. I am interested in buying this device as it is one of the few compact devices.
    And if I understood GPS is poor at the moment.
    Thx

GPS is in a usable state. 3D fix is working since today's build. The pictures taken by the camera are really okay. But taking photos in bad light situations is always a problem (also for Stock ROM).
    I can really recommend the Z1 compact. I'll take some pictures and share them later on ;)
    Changelog

• fixed wrong bluetooth MAC address (00:00:00:00:5a:ad on all devices), now displaying correct device specific one
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level December 05, 2018)
    • fix problem with Lineage SU addon by using 64-bit binder API (thanks @NyQuilXT)
    • fixed GPS 3D fix
    • fixed MHL (thanks @koron393)
    • added callrecording
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level October 05, 2018)
    • fixed reboot to recovery without magisk
    • minor improvements from AICP devices trees (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • synced LineageOS sources
    • initial release
    New build is up:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603844501
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone