• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Unofficial][8.1.0][deprecated] Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia Z1 compact 29.12.18

Search This thread

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Hi!
How to hide some apps in oreo without any 3rd party tools?
Can confirm for AICP 13.1.
Interesting; since I made it a habit to disable / freeze apps through Titanium I never realized that this feature seems to be hidden from system's app settings, at least under oreo.
Apps disabled through TB appear marked as disabled in settings, and they are correctly listed under disabled apps.

Last edited:
Interesting; since I made it a habit to disable / freeze apps through Titanium I never realized that this feature seems to be hidden from system's app settings, at least under oreo.
Apps disabled through TB appear marked as disabled in settings, and they are correctly listed under disabled apps.

Not sure I can follow. You can normally disable system apps in LineageOS, but not all of them. That hasn't changed in Oreo. Of course, one could always argue, why certain apps are blocked against disabling: Everybody would agree that you better don't disable the Settings app or the Telephony app and that it therefore makes sense to block those against disabling, but I myself also find it weird, that e.g. " AudioFX" is amongst those blocked against disabling...
But as said, this is "normal", has always been like that, also before Oreo.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Not sure I can follow. You can normally disable system apps in LineageOS, but not all of them. That hasn't changed in Oreo. Of course, one could always argue, why certain apps are blocked against disabling: Everybody would agree that you better don't disable the Settings app or the Telephony app and that it therefore makes sense to block those against disabling, but I myself also find it weird, that e.g. " AudioFX" is amongst those blocked against disabling...
But as said, this is "normal", has always been like that, also before Oreo.
Totally agree that some crucial system apps could never be disabled through system settings; but until I started using OREO ROMs I always could disable almost any app that I had installed myself (e.g. WhatsApp or Firefox to give just a random couple of examples). Now with both AICP 13.1 and LOS 15.1 there is no button or link or action or whatever that would allow me to disable or re-enable those apps. All I can see is an option to list all currently disabled apps.
Are you seeing such an action somewhere in the interface?
As I wrote earlier: this is not a problem for me since I'm using TB for that task...

Totally agree that some crucial system apps could never be disabled through system settings; but until I started using OREO ROMs I always could disable almost any app that I had installed myself (e.g. WhatsApp or Firefox to give just a random couple of examples). Now with both AICP 13.1 and LOS 15.1 there is no button or link or action or whatever that would allow me to disable or re-enable those apps. All I can see is an option to list all currently disabled apps.
Are you seeing such an action somewhere in the interface?
As I wrote earlier: this is not a problem for me since I'm using TB for that task...

There are user apps and system apps. User apps are apps you install yourself and system apps are pre-installed and come with the ROM.
User apps could never be disabled but only entirely uninstalled, this hasn't changed.
System apps cannot be uninstalled (okay, with root from recovery of course you CAN :) ), but disabled in most cases. The respective options are shown, when you 'tap' on the app in the listing in the settings.

FaTlip82

Jun 18, 2017

I do not want to disable apps, i want to hide them from app screen. For example in LOS 14 build you can press the home screen and then at the bottom you have a menu with settings. You press settings and scroll down than, there is an option called Protected Apps, after klicking on it you can check any app to hide it (so it dissapears from your app screen) and uncheck to show it again on the app screen. Its not the normal settings for apps, where you can freeze or disable them.
So these menu - Protected Apps (hide/unhide) is not available in oreo, at least i could not find it.

Last edited:
I do not want to disable apps, i want to hide them from app screen. For example in LOS 14 build you can press the home screen and then at the bottom you have a menu with settings. You press settings and scroll down than, there is an option called Protected Apps, after klicking on it you can check any app to hide it (so it dissapears from your app screen) and uncheck to show it again on the app screen. Its not the normal settings for apps, where you can freeze or disable them.
So these menu - Protected Apps (hide/unhide) is not available in oreo, at least i could not find it.
"Protected Apps" indeed is not available in LineageOS 15.1 - you can see in Lineage's Gerrit several attempts to implement it, but they were abandoned. Don't know the exact reasons, but I would guess that there were huge difficulties in finalizing its implementation.
So if that feature is extremely important to you, I am afraid you would have to install a different launcher offering that feature.

FaTlip82

Jun 18, 2017
"Protected Apps" indeed is not available in LineageOS 15.1 - you can see in Lineage's Gerrit several attempts to implement it, but they were abandoned. Don't know the exact reasons, but I would guess that there were huge difficulties in finalizing its implementation.
So if that feature is extremely important to you, I am afraid you would have to install a different launcher offering that feature.

Thank you for reply. This information i wanted to know. Yes, the other launcher is the only solution than. Thanks.

zynexiz

Sep 1, 2011
Halmstad
Any idea how to get the camera focus working? It seems others has this problem to? I don't use the phone as a normal "phone", it's converted to a dashcam with CaroO. The recording itself works, but the app can't change focus at all, meaning most stuff if pretty blurry.

android666

Jun 19, 2010
I'm sorry for the following question, but what's the difference between AICP13.1 (Android 8.1) and this Lineage 15.1 ? I updated to AICP and there are several minor bugs and I'm looking for more stabil solution. for both solution is amazing existence of support for amami.

I'm sorry for the following question, but what's the difference between AICP13.1 (Android 8.1) and this Lineage 15.1 ? I updated to AICP and there are several minor bugs and I'm looking for more stabil solution. for both solution is amazing existence of support for amami.
Hi, this question has already been answered, please scroll back to Oct. 6th :)

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
New build once again...
  • fixed wrong bluetooth MAC address (00:00:00:00:5a:ad on all devices), now displaying correct device specific one

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603873784
I hope this doesn't break other bluetooth functionalities. BT speakers working fine for me. Now it should be possible to transfer files between two Z1c's ;)

Thanks. Does it mean,that Netguard firewall also does not run here ?
Are you sure it's an OS specific thing and not app related? Just test it and get a logcat.
I think @MSe1969 is the right person to ask in terms of Netguard.
Do you just want to observe the network traffic or do you want to manipulate it?
Maybe Net Monitor is an option, it will be already included in microg builds.

ramaaptr

Dec 14, 2018
Its there Rom make me Confused

Why this Rom very hard to install sony audio or etc its make me confused wheter anyone give me solution for mod audio im trying some audio mod that is dolby atmos,sony xz2 audio,dolby digital plus and etc please give me solution to install a audio mod ,i flash a dolby digital and xperia xz2 mod audio and audio mod libary its work on a few minutes and its the dolby force close ....: eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Thread is deprecated!
    Please use https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-xperia-z1-compact-t3884247/
    We'll provide Lineage 15.1 builds there as well. They come in two different flavours:
    • pure LineageOS
    • Security hardened microG LineageOS
    Functionality is completely the same as provived by the builds from this thread - they are build from the same sources. Only difference: The new builds are signed to guarantee a maximum of security.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */
    Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro recommended
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - ANT+ : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: didn't test
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : Ok, but installing updates only works with adb sideload!
    - SEPolicies : Enforcing
    Download
    FAQ
    What about device encryption?
    Device encryption is working. You only have to keep in mind that you need a PC with adb to install systemupdates.
    Flashing via recovery isn't working until now, because there isn't a recovery capable of decrypting Oreo /data partitions at the moment. But an easy "adb sideload" should do the job. Or installing from the external SD card.
    What about reboot to recovery?
    Reboot to recovery is only working with magisk installed. Investigating this...
    Reboot to recovery is working as it should now (and of course also without magisk).
    What about GPS?
    GPS apps like GPS Status&Toolbox or SatStat don't get location fixes. Nevertheless navigating with Osmand or googleMaps should work. Positionfinding is also slow. Got better :)
    I found a bug. What should I do?
    We need your feedback for optimization. But your feedback is only useful in connection with logs --> see section Bugreports
    What about root access?
    Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
    If you want to gain root access to your apps use one of these (depending on your taste/needs):
    Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    115ek, SpiritCroc, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/115ek/manifest

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-09-10

Created 2018-09-10
    Last Updated 2019-03-18
    Great! Could You explain what was wrong? Looks like at end of Oreo's life we got fully working rom :)

During Oreo bringup sdm845 gps libs were used due to compiling errors (AFAIK...). We now switched back to msm8974 ones and they work properly :)
    If you're interested in details: http://gerrit.aicp-rom.com/q/topic:%22satellite_fix%22+(status:eek:pen%20OR%20status:merged)
    new build is up!
    • fixed GPS 3D fix
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904028247

I'm going to upload it also on a different site (AFH is soo slow sometimes.) Please be patient.

Can anyone please post/link to pics from lineageos Camera app? Is it reasonable like a moto G level. I do not need fantastic pics like original blob sony binary. I am interested in buying this device as it is one of the few compact devices.
    And if I understood GPS is poor at the moment.
    Thx

GPS is in a usable state. 3D fix is working since today's build. The pictures taken by the camera are really okay. But taking photos in bad light situations is always a problem (also for Stock ROM).
    I can really recommend the Z1 compact. I'll take some pictures and share them later on ;)
    Changelog

• fixed wrong bluetooth MAC address (00:00:00:00:5a:ad on all devices), now displaying correct device specific one
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level December 05, 2018)
    • fix problem with Lineage SU addon by using 64-bit binder API (thanks @NyQuilXT)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level November 05, 2018)
    • fixed GPS 3D fix
    • fixed MHL (thanks @koron393)
    • added callrecording
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level October 05, 2018)
    • fixed reboot to recovery without magisk
    • minor improvements from AICP devices trees (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • synced LineageOS sources
    • initial release
    New build is up:
    • fix problem with Lineage SU addon by using 64-bit binder API (thanks @NyQuilXT)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level November 05, 2018)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603844501