[ROM][Unofficial][8.1.0][deprecated] Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia Z1 compact 29.12.18

Search This thread

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Made a move from AICP oreo to this ROM some days ago (mainly to see whether battery consumption is better here, and yes - it's much better, esp after I ran the mid December ota update I hardly reach 50% deep sleep time under AICP, whereas here I usually get well over 95%!).

Yesterday and today I did some GPS tests. Yesterday I started with resetting / reloading agps data, then started GPS Locker app. Out in the street it took several minutes until first fix. So today I tried again but still the same amount of time until a fix.

Back home I tried to find GPS.conf, but couldn't find it. Looked in /system/etc/ as well as in system/vendor/etc/ (according to several posts here at xda as well as Lineage's own forum that's where this conf should be. But not in my installation.

Could someone please have a look if this file exists? Or is it for some reason moved to a different location?

Last edited:

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Made a move from AICP oreo to this ROM some days ago (mainly to see whether battery consumption is better here, and yes - it's much better, esp after I ran the mid December ota update I hardly reach 50% deep sleep time under AICP, whereas here I usually get well over 95%!).

Yesterday and today I did some GPS tests. Yesterday I started with resetting / reloading agps data, then started GPS Locker app. Out in the street it took several minutes until first fix. So today I tried again but still the same amount of time until a fix.

Back home I tried to find GPS.conf, but couldn't find it. Looked in /system/etc/ as well as in system/vendor/etc/ (according to several posts here at xda as well as Lineage's own forum that's where this conf should be. But not in my installation.

Could someone please have a look if this file exists? Or is it for some reason moved to a different location?
You'll find it under system/vendor/etc/gps_debug.conf
I don't know why it's copied there under a different name. Maybe it was a temporary debug thing...
https://github.com/AICP/device_sony_msm8974-common/blob/0d9c88f272adda4242727b0ce1d5080c8522ca46/msm8974.mk#L67
Anyway - tweaking gps.conf is kind of snakeoil ;)

Reactions: lm089

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Important announcement:
This thread is going to be deprecated. Further builds will be provided by @MSe1969 and @115ek here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-xperia-z1-compact-t3884247/

The new builds come in two different flavours:
  • pure LineageOS
  • Security hardened microG LineageOS
Both will be signed to guarantee a maximum of security.
If you want to use Gapps - please use pure LineageOS build. Microg and Gapps doesn't fit together.
Security Updates will be released monthly .

Reactions: mirhl and lm089

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Anyway - tweaking gps.conf is kind of snakeoil ;)
Probably you're right, but at least I'd like to try.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Important announcement:
This thread is going to be deprecated. Further builds will be provided by @MSe1969 and @115ek here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/so...om-lineageos-15-1-xperia-z1-compact-t3884247/

The new builds come in two different flavours:
pure LineageOS
Security hardened microG LineageOS

Both will be signed to guarantee a maximum of security.
If you want to use Gapps - please use pure LineageOS build. Microg and Gapps doesn't fit together.
Security Updates will be released monthly .
Cannot open new thread in xda forum app, receive some unspecified error. Could you please check?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Probably you're right, but at least I'd like to try.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Cannot open new thread in xda forum app, receive some unspecified error. Could you please check?

It's working for me. The thread was established in a wrong subforum and moved afterwards by an admin. Maybe there are some outdated caches?
You'll also find the thread under https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/development It should be on top ;)

Reactions: MSe1969

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
That is a known bug inregards to the XDA APP and XDA Forums. Once the 1st regular post appears, you will be able to access from the app. I am not at home right now, so can't access from my app either... :)

Reactions: lm089

kamikaze1204

Apr 30, 2014
NFC google pay

Sorry for my english.
This rom i great, but I have a problem with recognise NFC by payement apps (google pay). NFC i working fine, but google pay and my bank's apk says "Your phone don't have NFC" and I can't pay via phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Thread is deprecated!
    Please use https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-xperia-z1-compact-t3884247/
    We'll provide Lineage 15.1 builds there as well. They come in two different flavours:
    • pure LineageOS
    • Security hardened microG LineageOS
    Functionality is completely the same as provived by the builds from this thread - they are build from the same sources. Only difference: The new builds are signed to guarantee a maximum of security.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */
    Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps Micro recommended
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - ANT+ : Ok
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: didn't test
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : Ok, but installing updates only works with adb sideload!
    - SEPolicies : Enforcing
    Download
    FAQ
    What about device encryption?
    Device encryption is working. You only have to keep in mind that you need a PC with adb to install systemupdates.
    Flashing via recovery isn't working until now, because there isn't a recovery capable of decrypting Oreo /data partitions at the moment. But an easy "adb sideload" should do the job. Or installing from the external SD card.
    What about reboot to recovery?
    Reboot to recovery is only working with magisk installed. Investigating this...
    Reboot to recovery is working as it should now (and of course also without magisk).
    What about GPS?
    GPS apps like GPS Status&Toolbox or SatStat don't get location fixes. Nevertheless navigating with Osmand or googleMaps should work. Positionfinding is also slow. Got better :)
    I found a bug. What should I do?
    We need your feedback for optimization. But your feedback is only useful in connection with logs --> see section Bugreports
    What about root access?
    Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
    If you want to gain root access to your apps use one of these (depending on your taste/needs):
    Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 15.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors
    115ek, SpiritCroc, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/115ek/manifest

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-09-10

Created 2018-09-10
    Last Updated 2019-03-18
    Great! Could You explain what was wrong? Looks like at end of Oreo's life we got fully working rom :)

During Oreo bringup sdm845 gps libs were used due to compiling errors (AFAIK...). We now switched back to msm8974 ones and they work properly :)
    If you're interested in details: http://gerrit.aicp-rom.com/q/topic:%22satellite_fix%22+(status:eek:pen%20OR%20status:merged)
    new build is up!
    • fixed GPS 3D fix
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904028247

I'm going to upload it also on a different site (AFH is soo slow sometimes.) Please be patient.

Can anyone please post/link to pics from lineageos Camera app? Is it reasonable like a moto G level. I do not need fantastic pics like original blob sony binary. I am interested in buying this device as it is one of the few compact devices.
    And if I understood GPS is poor at the moment.
    Thx

GPS is in a usable state. 3D fix is working since today's build. The pictures taken by the camera are really okay. But taking photos in bad light situations is always a problem (also for Stock ROM).
    I can really recommend the Z1 compact. I'll take some pictures and share them later on ;)
    Changelog

• fixed wrong bluetooth MAC address (00:00:00:00:5a:ad on all devices), now displaying correct device specific one
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level December 05, 2018)
    • fix problem with Lineage SU addon by using 64-bit binder API (thanks @NyQuilXT)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level November 05, 2018)
    • fixed GPS 3D fix
    • fixed MHL (thanks @koron393)
    • added callrecording
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level October 05, 2018)
    • fixed reboot to recovery without magisk
    • minor improvements from AICP devices trees (thanks @SpiritCroc)
    • synced LineageOS sources
    • initial release
    New build is up:
    • fix problem with Lineage SU addon by using 64-bit binder API (thanks @NyQuilXT)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level November 05, 2018)
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603844501