You'll find it under system/vendor/etc/gps_debug.confMade a move from AICP oreo to this ROM some days ago (mainly to see whether battery consumption is better here, and yes - it's much better, esp after I ran the mid December ota update I hardly reach 50% deep sleep time under AICP, whereas here I usually get well over 95%!).
Yesterday and today I did some GPS tests. Yesterday I started with resetting / reloading agps data, then started GPS Locker app. Out in the street it took several minutes until first fix. So today I tried again but still the same amount of time until a fix.
Back home I tried to find GPS.conf, but couldn't find it. Looked in /system/etc/ as well as in system/vendor/etc/ (according to several posts here at xda as well as Lineage's own forum that's where this conf should be. But not in my installation.
Could someone please have a look if this file exists? Or is it for some reason moved to a different location?
Probably you're right, but at least I'd like to try.
Cannot open new thread in xda forum app, receive some unspecified error. Could you please check?Important announcement:
This thread is going to be deprecated. Further builds will be provided by @MSe1969 and @115ek here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/so...om-lineageos-15-1-xperia-z1-compact-t3884247/
The new builds come in two different flavours:
Security hardened microG LineageOS
Both will be signed to guarantee a maximum of security.
If you want to use Gapps - please use pure LineageOS build. Microg and Gapps doesn't fit together.
Security Updates will be released monthly .
Tried both ways, through direct link and from subforum. Still get that error.It's working for me. The thread was established in a wrong subforum and moved afterwards by an admin. Maybe there are some outdated caches?
You'll also find the thread under https://forum.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact/development It should be on top
That is a known bug inregards to the XDA APP and XDA Forums. Once the 1st regular post appears, you will be able to access from the app. I am not at home right now, so can't access from my app either...
Correct, just posted a short "thank you" (sorry for this rather useless post), and now it's opening fine
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot. * */
- Boot : Ok - GApps : OpenGApps Micro recommended - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported - Bluetooth : Ok - WiFi : Ok - WiFi Hotspot : Ok - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok - GPS : Ok - Camera : Ok - Camcorder : Ok - Lights : Ok - MicroSD : Ok - Accelerometer : Ok - Compass : Ok - Gyroscope : Ok - Touchscreen : Ok - FM Radio : Ok - ANT+ : Ok - Vibrator : Ok - Microphone : Ok - Audio & music : Ok - Bluetooth audio : Ok - MHL: didn't test - NFC : Ok - Kernel : Ok - Graphics : Ok - 3D Rendering : Ok - Clock : Ok - Offline Charging : Ok - USB : Ok - USB OTG : Ok - Encryption : Ok, but installing updates only works with adb sideload! - SEPolicies : Enforcing
What about device encryption?
Device encryption is working. You only have to keep in mind that you need a PC with adb to install systemupdates.
Flashing via recovery isn't working until now, because there isn't a recovery capable of decrypting Oreo /data partitions at the moment. But an easy "adb sideload" should do the job. Or installing from the external SD card.
BugreportsWhat about root access?
Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
If you want to gain root access to your apps use one of these (depending on your taste/needs):
- Official Lineage Add-on https://download.lineageos.org/extras use su (arm) 15.1 here and flash via TWRP
- Magisk https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
- SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
- munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
- nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
- All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
- LineageOS team
Can anyone please post/link to pics from lineageos Camera app? Is it reasonable like a moto G level. I do not need fantastic pics like original blob sony binary. I am interested in buying this device as it is one of the few compact devices.
And if I understood GPS is poor at the moment.