• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0][kenzo] LineageOS 15.1[Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zeus.lny

May 9, 2010
Prague
Samsung Galaxy S8+
LG V30
Please tell me what the benefit of the official tag, what new will it bring to the table, if you guys find the current rom suitable for daily use, why not use it as it is, anyways all the repos are synced with the los and all the patches will be there. sorry for sounding noob here..

bloodbath77

Sep 15, 2017
@Abishek987 We would like to see treble support for RN3 too, just like you did it for RN4. I am not blabbering or exaggerating it, but you know the perks of having treble. Kenzo development is declining rapidly day by day, and in such times of despair, 'treble' will be our savior.

Reactions: Star day

karkand

Jan 31, 2012
Jakarta
I just back to this rom due the gps performance.
But, after a day, the gps lock is less accurate than the 4th April build..idk why it just same as like another rom out there..will try 4th April build tomorrow to compare this..
Btw i did not using any doze tweak etc.

bloodbath77

Sep 15, 2017
Can you explain how ?

It would be much easier and quicker for devs to build roms with latest android version rather than building it from the source. For a device like Kenzo, the source code is already obselete. That's why devs have to put their utmost effort to get those nasty bugs fixed, and sometimes fixing one raises another. You can't have a really 'stable' rom with an obselete source code. I mean this fact can't be ignored

Reactions: Shrewdy

wxtester

Dec 22, 2010
Hello guys,

I'm experiencing issue, where I can't enable bluetooth at all. I mean, some people in this thread are sayin' they aren't able to make bluetooth calls. I can't enable bluetooth, at all. I was able after freshly install of ROM, but after some time my GBoard keyboard wasn't showing, even after data cleaning, so I tried to restore my TWRP backup done after few days of LOS use. I wasn't able to perform full restore, so I've just selected 3 recommended options (i don't remember now).

Now my bluetooth isn't working, after enabling it from tile or from Setting, nothing happens or I have popup "Bluetooth force stopped". Reboot of course doesn't help. Is there any fix other than clean flash or this is only legit solution? :D I've also tried dirty flash (same version of ROM), but nothing changed.

Black_Stark

Sep 24, 2012
GOA
It would be much easier and quicker for devs to build roms with latest android version rather than building it from the source. For a device like Kenzo, the source code is already obselete. That's why devs have to put their utmost effort to get those nasty bugs fixed, and sometimes fixing one raises another. You can't have a really 'stable' rom with an obselete source code. I mean this fact can't be ignored

Dude Stop crying for treble. Do you expect abhishek to write Oreo code for kenzo by himself just to give u treble.

Yes. abhishek did treble for mido. But i think he took the Oreo blobs from tissot. Tissot has similar hardware to mido.

And How u expect him to do for kenzo?
Treble for kenzo is possible if hydrogen (Mi Max) gets miui Oreo. kenzo has almost similar hardware to hydrogen. So only thing u can do is wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • You Tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Flash Magisk
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Special Thanks to gaurav, savio for testing builds real quick :p

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0][kenzo] LineageOS 15.1 [Nightlies], ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    abhishek987
    Source Code: https://github.com/TheScarastic/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8956

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-04-01

Created 2018-04-01
    Last Updated 2018-04-03
    First of all many many thanks to @abhishek987 for bringing this update. And thanks a lot for still supporting kenzo development even after you have got mido, tissot.

Coming next, I have been seeing this kenzo community lately and things aren't good as used to be. Yes, Oreo came and people and devs are readily flashing Oreo roms. That's nice. But people here, mainly users are running after Updates. If you are still on Nougat, it's okay. But if you are using Oreo and the ROM is maintained by someone who is udpating the ROM every day then that ROM is better. This is the mentality here in the community. I see no support of the users to the developers. Test builds are always leaked. Where is the overall support that all devs get? In this thread People are complaining why did abhi built LOS 15.1 again? Come on man. You already know that Oreo was really buggy. Cam crashed, reboot to recovery didn't work. ViLTE was broken also. VoLTE was broken on 2nd sim, GPS and under the hood everything was a hack. Hack means the sources were made in a such way that kenzo will be able to run Oreo. But even after abhi re did the Ore bring up. He added all Oreo blobs and how many things he did. So many under the hood changes etc. But people doing see it. Just because a guy is providing nightly builds, the builds are enforcing that doesn't imply that that ROM is better. Abhi fixed all bugs here. And is ready to maintain LOS officially for Kenzo even after having two newer devices. People just don't f*** see it. What's wrong guys? I am very disappointed. I seriously have lost faith in this community. People don't read.
    Please at least now support Abhi. If this ROM is focused and worked on then it will good for all other developers. This is a community where everyone work together. I request all developers to also contribute to Lineage OS platform. You have gerrit and you can push patches. This will be beneficial for everyone.
    Thank you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Things that differs from other roms :p

* fixed gps wroks perfectly
    * Added manual provisioning
    * Volte should work on both sim slots
    * Vilte works partially (you can see other guy but reciever cant see you)
    * All blobs updated to latest LA.BR1.3.7
    * Many under the hood changes
    Time for update again :p

Changelog

• Fixed imei not showing
    • Fixed multi touch issues
    • battery improvements
    • Lineage upstreams

For a change kenzo lineage will be getting nightlies so you can get updated rom everyday and as usual links are up in op enjoy :)

Special thanks to @akhilnarang for making nightlies possible :)