[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 [trlte][tblte][trlteduos]

Search This thread

srdryl

Nov 10, 2011
Samsung Galaxy A51
I flashed this on my n910t it was running good I only have 2 issues any solutions to these issues would be greatly appreciated.......my bluetooth (settings)won't sync with either my bluetooth or my fitness tracker any soluions for this? The second issue I'm having is I use app manager/ultimate backup pro (which have root permissions) won't let me go into my backup apps to restore. Any solution for this?

Darthsternie

Feb 12, 2013
darthsternie.net
Just out of curiosity, did you clean flash my 0318 build? If so, did you wipe the data, cache, dalvik, and system partitions? Which gapps did you flash?

Woops Sorry. It didn't bootloop but was stuck at the bootlogo just like in your Test. Sorry.
I did a clean flash (Formatted System/Data/Cache/Dalvik) and only flashed the Rom without Gapps or anything else.

Last edited:

Black Shade

May 3, 2015
I've been using the ROM since the release day on my N910F, I tried all the builds with a clean flash every time. Most of the stuff works fine, but I still get a couple of annoying issues.

As mentioned in a previous in a previous reply, the Settings app force closes when I try to open the full apps list, go to app info or attempt setting some permissions. I'm unable to attach the logs because I don't have a PC I can use at the moment and all the logging apps I've tried seem to have problems saving the actual logs.

I still have the issue with Google Play Services randomly force closing - happens once or twice a day, but the FC pop-ups make the device unusable. Different G•Apps packages bring to the same results.

Last thing, the device goes into "no service" quite frequently, requiring a full restart to fix. This is particularly bad, since it could prevent phone calls or messages to be received.

Anyways, nothing too bad, I had far worse issues with the first Lineage and RR Nougat builds and I somehow managed to survive. Thanks for all the support for this device, I'll keep following this thread and my device definitely isn't going back to Nougat

dodo-j

May 11, 2014
Orlov
To Black Shade:

I use this assembly lineage OS 15 1 from the very beginning, but problems with "no service" I never had on my note 4 N910F on this ROM.

I had a problem half a year ago with the SIM and SD Card reader and it was just a signal loss and a "no service" randomly.

After changing the SD Card and SIM reader, the signal is OK.
So if there were problems on other ROMs, then there is a hardware problem with the reader.

Reactions: Black Shade

Black Shade

May 3, 2015
Update your modem... and bootloader while you're at it :good:

I believe I already have the latest, at least based on the android file host folders shared by alexandr, which I've used in the last two years. Anyways, the connection loss is the lest important, it's not my main device and I can live without the connection, I just wanted to highlight this potential issue. The settings app force closing is really the most annoying thing for me, simply because it prevents some apps from being usable on my device. I'll try to save the logs once again, maybe this could help

Black Shade

May 3, 2015
Here are the logs, the first file is for the application list in setting, the second one is for modify system setting permissions (which is just an example, all permissions sections are force closing)

Attachments

• 2018-03-19-00-10-17.txt
    48.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 2018-03-19-00-13-35.txt
    89.1 KB · Views: 6

dferferfer

Aug 8, 2014
Camera works very Well If i Take Photos on WhatsApp but stock Cam and Google Cam App Crashes Like known Bugs

chirs241097

Mar 17, 2018
I managed to produce a build for trlteduos using ripee's device tree (with a few modifications to eliminate the build errors) and it also stuck at the boot logo.
I grabbed logcat and dmesg in case they are useful:
https://gist.github.com/chirs241097/9e5637af82f07b510aa78dc29bb382c5

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Last edited:

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
I believe I already have the latest, at least based on the android file host folders shared by alexandr, which I've used in the last two years. Anyways, the connection loss is the lest important, it's not my main device and I can live without the connection, I just wanted to highlight this potential issue. The settings app force closing is really the most annoying thing for me, simply because it prevents some apps from being usable on my device. I'll try to save the logs once again, maybe this could help

alexandr's aren't the latest, not since I started posting the latest ;) link in the OP.

tripping singer

Nov 11, 2016
Is anyone facing this problem(sprint model) : when turn off or restart the phone , it cant boot up or just boot to download mode? , must pull out the battery several time to boot it up ? May be my phone hardware /battery is having problem or just firmware issue

Black Shade

May 3, 2015
alexandr's aren't the latest, not since I started posting the latest ;) link in the OP.

Thanks a lot for the information. Sorry for being excessively annoying, but unfortunately I'm not sure about one step

The files I've used till now were a bit different, the bootloader and modem were available separately and were differentiated by BL_X and CP_X

I've always used the BL and CP slots for the updates in Odin, should I flash your update N910FXXU1DQL2_N910FXXU1DQL1 using the AP slot?

Thanks again for your time. I've noticed you shared a new 19/03 build, hopefully I'll have the time to flash it later.

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Thanks a lot for the information. Sorry for being excessively annoying, but unfortunately I'm not sure about one step

The files I've used till now were a bit different, the bootloader and modem were available separately and were differentiated by BL_X and CP_X

I've always used the BL and CP slots for the updates in Odin, should I flash your update N910FXXU1DQL2_N910FXXU1DQL1 using the AP slot?

Thanks again for your time. I've noticed you shared a new 19/03 build, hopefully I'll have the time to flash it later.

You can flash it with BL or CP, actually, but I always use AP. The slots are separated so that you can flash individual tar files in one go.

quan_1986

Jun 22, 2011
BinhDuong City
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 [trlte]

Hello,i own a Note 4,F,and inb OÖ nstalled this Rom.Its running great,realy.But i cant geht access to the playstore,nobway??

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

Flash rom 1903 on My device N910T boot failed
IMG_0197.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-o-logo.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
     * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    (Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-15.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.2. Simply flash the linked below version 3.2 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: When will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: Not before all the issues listed under "Bugs" below are fixed.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: What will some of the differences be between unofficial and official builds?
    A: The following technical changes will take effect:
    - Built-in su root will be removed: You will have to download and install the su addon from LineageOS Extras.
    - Phone status > LineageOS updates will be activated, allowing for the OTA downloading of official builds.
    - The official builds will be digitally signed by Lineage to prove that they do not contain malicious source code and are able to pass the Play Store's SafetyNet check.
    Note: Each official build will be cooked and released by LineageOS on their schedule and only if no major unexpected bug is introduced into the source code. The developers will announce if and when their source code will be submitted to Lineage for official support and when we can expect to see the first official builds.

Q: Why is my phone warmer/hotter and the battery noticeably drained after flashing a build?
    A: The wipe process that is a part of the installation procedure deletes some important configuration data, ie. BATTERYSTATS, which keep track of the battery's power level. These data ensure a balanced power management profile for all the hardware components of your phone. This is normal and nothing to worry about at all. Your battery drain will return to normal within a day or two.

If, however, you notice increased battery drain over a few days, check your signal. Android automatically re-directs battery power to the antennas to compensate for a weak signal from the tower to which your phone is connected at that time. If your signal is strong, check the following:
    1) You missed one of the Wipe steps in the flashing procedure.
    2) You are running an old bootloader or modem. Flash the most recent one listed for your variant either under the links below. Note: Use the "AP" button in Odin to flash ripee's combined BL_CP tar files.
    3) How old is your battery? Official replacement Samsung batteries typically last around 1 year if you recharge them regularly, ie. once a day. Since the Note 4 is almost 4 years old, it is normal for your original battery to start failing, but official Samsung batteries should not cost more than USD 20 nowadays.
    4) If all else fails, start over! Go through the entire installation procedure, including flashing a stock Marshmallow build, and going from there. Do NOT skip any steps this time!

Q. Flashing a build failed with the message "eMMC Write Fail".
    A. This is the infamous embedded Multi-Media Controller bug that indicates that your internal flash memory is dead or dying. Do NOT try any tricks or crazy ideas to fix it, as they are all hoaxes! The ONLY way to get rid of it is to open your phone up and replace its logic board. :p

[Official] Note 4 Verizon Bootloader Unlock
    - ryanbg

Odin
    - Odin3 v3.13.1

Heimdall
    - Glass Echidna

Bootloaders and modems
    - ripee

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Qualcomm)

[THEME][TWRP] TWRP Materialised - Black / Dark / Light / Play [27/01/18]
    - z31s1g

Open GApps

OFFICIAL !!
    I am not building for oreo anymore, devs have moved to pie,
    thanks everyone !!
    tripLr

Code:
    LAST ROM Downloads for Oreo
    triplr
    Source Code http://www.github.com/tripLr
    @kevintm78 kernel development
    https://xdaforums.com/note-4/snapdragon-dev/kernel-flashpoint-v3-1-stock-n7-ports-t-t3727407

(LineageOS su root included.)

ROMs Note 4
    SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8:
    click to open trlte drive folder
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XWrdmxHeC0A7zGK-TGOH3XG2VfKYP-IA?usp=sharing
    <build date>.zip <flashable zip>
    <build date>.zip.md5sum <md5 checksum for build>
    <build date>.zip.img <backup kernel image install image in twrp>

ROMs Note 4 Edge
    Note 4 Edge Thanks to @micky387 and @ripee
    Which device is supported ??
    I'm do the best for support multi note edge device so tell me if you see an issue and write it here with you variant
    Support SM-N915F SM-N915FY SM-N915G SM-N915T SM-N915P SM-N915V
    Google Drive Download Folder Click to open and browse to latest
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lD5vLRFYr8XyGIgL2oT9VXFmdcLOWe3F?usp=sharing
    file names

ROMs Note 4 DUOS
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W:
    click to open trlte duos folder
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uibdRnVs9-klbJhtvB5__5B9XFYel1jK?usp=sharing
    file names

Code:
    # Depreciated
    [B]ripee[/B] [I]([COLOR="Teal"]LineageOS[/COLOR] su root included.)[/I]
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: [URL="https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=31259"][B]
    lineage-15.1-20190218-UNOFFICIAL-trlte.zip[/B][/URL]
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: [URL="https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=31260"][B]
    lineage-15.1-20190218-UNOFFICIAL-trlteduos.zip[/B][/URL]

[B]_mone[/B]
    - [URL="https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=140308&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC"][B]LineageOS[/B][/URL]

[B]micky387[/B]
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: [URL="https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=257279&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC"][B]Note 4[/B][/URL]

[/CODE]LineageOS Extras
    - addonsu-15.1-arm-signed.zip
    - addonsu-remove-15.1-arm-signed.zip

Magisk

The SELinux Switch
    - Ibuprophen

SPenCommand
    - It is against XDA Developers rules to post links to paid apps and games. Please find this app on your own if you wish to use it.

WipeTelephonyProviderData
    - hsbadr

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 15.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your phone!

How to flash a bootloader and/or modem and TWRP
    1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu,
    2. In Odin, import the bootloader.tar file with the "BL" button and the modem.tar file with the "CP" button, or a combined BL_CP.tar file with the "AP" button, for your variant,
    3. Download the .tar file of the latest version of TWRP from the link above,
    4. Reboot into Download mode again and import the TWRP .tar file with the "AP" button.

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibrate),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Important information about stock S Pen functionality!
    The apps, libraries, and drivers that allow for the advanced S Pen-based functions in stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz-based custom roms WILL NEVER BE INCLUDED IN ANY AOSP-BASED ROMS due to their proprietary nature. The scope of these functions goes beyond simple vendor blobs and enters the realm of 3rd party intellectual property licensed to Samsung. The S Pen does work in all AOSP-based custom roms, however it acts simply as an alternative input device. Various open source 3rd party apps are available that take advantage of the Note 4's stylus (see above), but their functionality is a fraction of that of stock TouchWiz.

How to install SPenCommand
    1. Install The SELinux Switch and Select SELinux mode as PERMISSIVE,
    2. Reboot into System,
    3. Install SPenCommand.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - Temporary fix for random SIM death on all trlte variants, courtesy of _mone: boot-1223-trlte.img
    - The fingerprint scanner has not yet been integrated into either trlte or trlteduos.
    - The front camera force closes, requiring a reboot to work again.
    - Bluetooth does not see some wearable devices.
    - The built-in camera app is slow and crashes randomly, especially when the flash fires, requiring a reboot to function again.
    - Video recording in 4K resolution is not possible with either the built-in camera app or any 3rd party camera/camcorder apps.
    - 5GHz hotspot gives an error message when attempting to turn it on.
    - If NFC is turned off when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will freeze in the "off" position and remain off until the phone is rebooted. If NFC is turned on when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will function properly to turn NFC both on and off. However, if NFC is turned off and the phone is rebooted, this bug will reappear.
    - The 2nd SIM slot does not work in any trlteduos variant.
    - VoLTE is not (yet) supported.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - fattire and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the trlte and trlteduos.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - triplr-dev

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    micky387, ripee, tripLr, _mone, cvxda
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Marshmallow for your variant.

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 8.1.0

Created 2018-03-09
    Last Updated 2019-07-13
    How's the SIM death? :D
    No SIM death for now.. No SIM at all (LOL). I was even without wifi (that's fixed now). Hopefully I'll keep making progress, once it's a bit more stable I'll start sharing pieces of pie.
    Hi guys.
    Sorry, very busy with my home/work/build but working on new release ;)

From what I read in last comment, i have fixed Bluetooth pairing.
    Last lineage15.1 source code fix lot of issue too and more new feature :p

I will add new release today i think (it's 04h15 Am here in France)

In the future,can you add your device model for your issue please ?? not very simple to add few device support ;)

Thanks
    Hi there!

Test build for trlte users:
    lineage-15.1-20180728-UNOFFICIAL-trlte.zip

Looking for feedback regarding reboot and SIM issues.
    For me the modem finally initialize properly with this build, a first from cm-14.1. Too early to speak about SIM death or reboot issue, I'll keep running this build the whole day (going out in a bit), when I'll be back home I'll see if there will be some feedback from you and decide if the changes are worth pushing to github or not.