[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1 [trlte][tblte][trlteduos]

Search This thread
Hey, uh will this work for the Verizon Variant? I know theres another unofficial build for the verizon variant but its on 7.1.2 and I want an Oreo rom. So, will this work on the Verizon variant?

I am running the 910v. Works great. Let me know if your fingerprint works. I have a feeling my sensor is dead.
@ripee @_mone

0623 version is really really stable (nano). I have had the aosp camera on running in the background and no crashes.
A couple times I lost Bluetooth .

Interesting thing, I was streaming iHeartRadio and I wanted to change my home button settings for a different launcher , so I went to settings/apps/show all/reset app preference/ and when I reset, it killed the Bluetooth. So maybe the Bluetooth is getting a intermittent kill from some other app in the OS ? Log attached

Attachments

• alogcat.2018-06-26-18-34-58-0700.txt
    88.4 KB · Views: 7

fattire

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
www.eff.org
for me this build 0626 has been the best for N910T. stable hotspot, working gps, stable BT as compared to the disconnects on 0625. i'm glad i made the jump. no issues for me yet

I had an annoying BT disconnect at random times (with no error in the UI) that correlated to this:

06-26 11:07:20.113 10732 10732 F DEBUG : signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------
06-26 11:07:20.122 10732 10732 F DEBUG : Abort message: '[FATAL:future.cc(64)] Check failed: future != NULL.

...and I've been trying to track down the issue. For fun i tried building using this repo in place of the lineageos one. I used the "android-8.1.0_r32" branch because I noticed that the most recent commit in lineageos updated to r30, so it's r2-better, right?

Okay so that said, I have not had any BT crashes yet. But it's only been about 6 hours of which I've barely had bt connected, only for a few moments-- just because I haven't really had occasion to try it. But anyway if I notice anything is fixed, it might be interesting to switch to that repo or try to figure out what is fixed there. I'll report back if I find any issues.

If anyone wanted to try something similar I figured I'd just let people know. I'm also open to any other suggestions of what could be wrong. I didn't track the bug down too diligently, I admit.

desvariando

Jan 1, 2017
I had an annoying BT disconnect at random times (with no error in the UI) that correlated to this:

06-26 11:07:20.113 10732 10732 F DEBUG : signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------
06-26 11:07:20.122 10732 10732 F DEBUG : Abort message: '[FATAL:future.cc(64)] Check failed: future != NULL.

...and I've been trying to track down the issue. For fun i tried building using this repo in place of the lineageos one. I used the "android-8.1.0_r32" branch because I noticed that the most recent commit in lineageos updated to r30, so it's r2-better, right?

Okay so that said, I have not had any BT crashes yet. But it's only been about 6 hours of which I've barely had bt connected, only for a few moments-- just because I haven't really had occasion to try it. But anyway if I notice anything is fixed, it might be interesting to switch to that repo or try to figure out what is fixed there. I'll report back if I find any issues.

If anyone wanted to try something similar I figured I'd just let people know. I'm also open to any other suggestions of what could be wrong. I didn't track the bug down too diligently, I admit.

That working would be great news!

Reactions: tripLr

pro99line

May 17, 2018
I have been on multiple daily builds and still have the same problem. N910V currently on 6/24, updated gapps, updated modem and bootloader. When I am on a current call and another one is coming in, I see the new incoming call and when I press answer to swap over, the screen just goes to in call and doesn't answer the new call. I checked the phone app settings and there are none for call waiting. Am i missing something?

kerfex

Jul 24, 2010
Bellows Falls
Hi community, Question to other N910V users. I have been dirty flashing every build since 06/15/2018 Ripee's builds of course. Currently Running the newest, 06/27/2018. All seems well. I still have no fingerprint scanner working. I also get a system app crash when I go to /Settings/System/About Phone/Status. Nothing else in settings crashes it. Minor issue and for me every thing else is working perfect.

The question I have is, has anyone clean installed either 06/25, 06/26 or toady's build, 06/27 and the fingerprint reader works for you? Thanks again and Thank you DEV's. This ROM is just simply fantastic for being Beta/Unofficial. Just spectacular.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018
Ok so theres a problem with the rom that idk if its my problem or if its the rom. For some reason i got twrp removed twice with this rom. I could still flash it because the bootloader was unlocked but idk why twrp got removed.

RockwellB1

Nov 30, 2013
Ohio
Is anyone else still having issues with the play store and basketbuild downloader taking FOREVER to initialize downloads? This has been going on for awhile and is becoming so annoying doing any kinds of updates or makes it impossible to grab an app when out and about that you might need right then.

Otherwise everything else seems to be working great for me that I use (basically anything but BT and fingerprint scanner, don't use them).

zed37

Account currently disabled
Sep 8, 2016
GB
meettomy.site
I had issue with play store (not in this rom) - i cant update anything. Any solution after few day fight was uninstall play store (all updates) and install again.

X(d)avier

Sep 1, 2017
Quick test with clean install on N910F :

- N910FXXU1DRD1_N910FXXU1DQL1 (from https://basketbuild.com/devs/ripee/BL_CP)
- lineage-15.1-20180627-UNOFFICIAL-trlte
- addonsu-remove-15.1-arm-signed
- MindTheGapps-8.1.0-arm-20180610_023943
- Magisk-v16.4

Seems stable. Here MAPS locate me quickly. But after some test with different core on Retroarch, the sound delay problem is still here ;(

unic0rnio

Jun 28, 2018
You folks are legends. I thought the file was corrupt when I saw the download was ~380 mb. But legit that's the size of the ROM! My phone is literally lightning fast now there is absolutely no lag between any task switching or anything. Godlike porr, much appreciated :D:highfive:

stylemessiah

May 2, 2008
Sydney
Ok so theres a problem with the rom that idk if its my problem or if its the rom. For some reason i got twrp removed twice with this rom. I could still flash it because the bootloader was unlocked but idk why twrp got removed.

The ROM cannot remove TWRP

Check or post your flashing process to see if perhaps youre doing something wrong

Last edited:

kerfex

Jul 24, 2010
Bellows Falls
OK, So I went home last night and wiped everything and clean installed 06/25/2018. Fingerprint scanner did not work. Does not even sense anything. So I cannot even try to register one fingerprint . So I thought well my reader must be dead. So just for the heck of it, I went back to BPA1 full stock. Sensor worked. So, I just thought I would let the DEVS know that. The only other thing I can think that might be messing it up, is that I always flash Gapps-Stock. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Oh, and one other thing for Ripee. I have the TWRP 3.2.1 and when I went to reinstall my NAND back up, it said it did but would only boot to download mode. And I had system and data and boot backed up. N910V and 32 gig SD card. Sandisk. I have never experienced not being able to restore a NAND backup before. Not sure if its the card or the TWRP recovery itself. Anyone else experience this.? Just thought I would let you know Ripee. It is no biggie since I have multiple backups of my programs ( Google and a manual one to Google Drive). So, never a problem restoring. Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: tripLr and frili

Shizzle2889

Apr 17, 2015
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
OK, So I went home last night and wiped everything and clean installed 06/25/2018. Fingerprint scanner did not work. Does not even sense anything. So I cannot even try to register one fingerprint . So I thought well my reader must be dead. So just for the heck of it, I went back to BPA1 full stock. Sensor worked. So, I just thought I would let the DEVS know that. The only other thing I can think that might be messing it up, is that I always flash Gapps-Stock. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Oh, and one other thing for Ripee. I have the TWRP 3.2.1 and when I went to reinstall my NAND back up, it said it did but would only boot to download mode. And I had system and data and boot backed up. N910V and 32 gig SD card. Sandisk. I have never experienced not being able to restore a NAND backup before. Not sure if its the card or the TWRP recovery itself. Anyone else experience this.? Just thought I would let you know Ripee. It is no biggie since I have multiple backups of my programs ( Google and a manual one to Google Drive). So, never a problem restoring. Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up. Thanks.

Ok- for everyone having issues with the fingerprint scanner. I am currently utilizing the verizon note and have yet to flash a lineage build that the scanner did not work at all. The issue is that the fingerprint scanner has issues, but the majority of those issues are in trying to get the fingerprint registered. Just need to work with it. Once registered, it sometimes works and sometimes doesnt for unlocking the phone, but never had an issue with permitting so or many other security thresholds that may utilize the fingerprint.

What i have gotten used to for the lock screen is continually swiping. 99% of the time (and in the last 2 weeks, can only recall 2x it didnt) it will get to a point where it eventually displays a red exclamation circle stating it was a bad scan. The next swipe has always unlocked the phone for me. Those 2x i can recall that it didnt work, i never got anywhere outside of for some reason, the pin number pad popping up.

Now for the issue with registering the finger prints. You will just want to skip during setup and go into settings to set up once phone setup is complete. From there, setup a pin, password, or something of the sort. Select to register a fingerprint, type in your passcode, and select to add a new fingerprint. It will ask you to swipe to initialize the registering. Then swipe 7 or 8 more times to register the print (unsure why but have seen it ask for 7 or 8 swipes on registering and cant figure out what concludes how many it wants). If the swipe does not work to initialize the registration, then you need to put a pause to it. Try doing different things to get it to work. Only time i had this issue, got it to work by charging to 98%, then unplugging and trying. Once you finish the registration, ensure that there is a fingerprint registered before exiting the fingerprint settings. If not, redo the registration process. I have never gotten it on lineage the first try, but have in as few as 8 and other times as many as 30+.

At the end of the day, this can be quite a time consuming process to get working, but it does work. I would not suggest doing if you clean flash daily. If you dirty flash, I am unsure if it wipes the print, though i would assume it does. It is completely up to you though.

Also, @ripee and the other devs. Is it possible to get verification or testing on the other note4 variants, outside verizon for the fingerprint scanner issues?

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesM1973

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-o-logo.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
     * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
    (Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-15.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.2. Simply flash the linked below version 3.2 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: When will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: Not before all the issues listed under "Bugs" below are fixed.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: What will some of the differences be between unofficial and official builds?
    A: The following technical changes will take effect:
    - Built-in su root will be removed: You will have to download and install the su addon from LineageOS Extras.
    - Phone status > LineageOS updates will be activated, allowing for the OTA downloading of official builds.
    - The official builds will be digitally signed by Lineage to prove that they do not contain malicious source code and are able to pass the Play Store's SafetyNet check.
    Note: Each official build will be cooked and released by LineageOS on their schedule and only if no major unexpected bug is introduced into the source code. The developers will announce if and when their source code will be submitted to Lineage for official support and when we can expect to see the first official builds.

Q: Why is my phone warmer/hotter and the battery noticeably drained after flashing a build?
    A: The wipe process that is a part of the installation procedure deletes some important configuration data, ie. BATTERYSTATS, which keep track of the battery's power level. These data ensure a balanced power management profile for all the hardware components of your phone. This is normal and nothing to worry about at all. Your battery drain will return to normal within a day or two.

If, however, you notice increased battery drain over a few days, check your signal. Android automatically re-directs battery power to the antennas to compensate for a weak signal from the tower to which your phone is connected at that time. If your signal is strong, check the following:
    1) You missed one of the Wipe steps in the flashing procedure.
    2) You are running an old bootloader or modem. Flash the most recent one listed for your variant either under the links below. Note: Use the "AP" button in Odin to flash ripee's combined BL_CP tar files.
    3) How old is your battery? Official replacement Samsung batteries typically last around 1 year if you recharge them regularly, ie. once a day. Since the Note 4 is almost 4 years old, it is normal for your original battery to start failing, but official Samsung batteries should not cost more than USD 20 nowadays.
    4) If all else fails, start over! Go through the entire installation procedure, including flashing a stock Marshmallow build, and going from there. Do NOT skip any steps this time!

Q. Flashing a build failed with the message "eMMC Write Fail".
    A. This is the infamous embedded Multi-Media Controller bug that indicates that your internal flash memory is dead or dying. Do NOT try any tricks or crazy ideas to fix it, as they are all hoaxes! The ONLY way to get rid of it is to open your phone up and replace its logic board. :p

[Official] Note 4 Verizon Bootloader Unlock
    - ryanbg

Odin
    - Odin3 v3.13.1

Heimdall
    - Glass Echidna

Bootloaders and modems
    - ripee

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Qualcomm)

[THEME][TWRP] TWRP Materialised - Black / Dark / Light / Play [27/01/18]
    - z31s1g

Open GApps

OFFICIAL !!
    I am not building for oreo anymore, devs have moved to pie,
    thanks everyone !!
    tripLr

Code:
    LAST ROM Downloads for Oreo
    triplr
    Source Code http://www.github.com/tripLr
    @kevintm78 kernel development
    https://xdaforums.com/note-4/snapdragon-dev/kernel-flashpoint-v3-1-stock-n7-ports-t-t3727407

(LineageOS su root included.)

ROMs Note 4
    SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8:
    click to open trlte drive folder
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XWrdmxHeC0A7zGK-TGOH3XG2VfKYP-IA?usp=sharing
    <build date>.zip <flashable zip>
    <build date>.zip.md5sum <md5 checksum for build>
    <build date>.zip.img <backup kernel image install image in twrp>

ROMs Note 4 Edge
    Note 4 Edge Thanks to @micky387 and @ripee
    Which device is supported ??
    I'm do the best for support multi note edge device so tell me if you see an issue and write it here with you variant
    Support SM-N915F SM-N915FY SM-N915G SM-N915T SM-N915P SM-N915V
    Google Drive Download Folder Click to open and browse to latest
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lD5vLRFYr8XyGIgL2oT9VXFmdcLOWe3F?usp=sharing
    file names

ROMs Note 4 DUOS
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W:
    click to open trlte duos folder
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uibdRnVs9-klbJhtvB5__5B9XFYel1jK?usp=sharing
    file names

Code:
    # Depreciated
    [B]ripee[/B] [I]([COLOR="Teal"]LineageOS[/COLOR] su root included.)[/I]
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: [URL="https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=31259"][B]
    lineage-15.1-20190218-UNOFFICIAL-trlte.zip[/B][/URL]
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: [URL="https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=31260"][B]
    lineage-15.1-20190218-UNOFFICIAL-trlteduos.zip[/B][/URL]

[B]_mone[/B]
    - [URL="https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=140308&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC"][B]LineageOS[/B][/URL]

[B]micky387[/B]
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: [URL="https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=257279&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC"][B]Note 4[/B][/URL]

[/CODE]LineageOS Extras
    - addonsu-15.1-arm-signed.zip
    - addonsu-remove-15.1-arm-signed.zip

Magisk

The SELinux Switch
    - Ibuprophen

SPenCommand
    - It is against XDA Developers rules to post links to paid apps and games. Please find this app on your own if you wish to use it.

WipeTelephonyProviderData
    - hsbadr

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 15.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your phone!

How to flash a bootloader and/or modem and TWRP
    1. If your phone is turned on normally, turn on Advanced reboot in Developer options and select "Download" from the Restart menu,
    2. In Odin, import the bootloader.tar file with the "BL" button and the modem.tar file with the "CP" button, or a combined BL_CP.tar file with the "AP" button, for your variant,
    3. Download the .tar file of the latest version of TWRP from the link above,
    4. Reboot into Download mode again and import the TWRP .tar file with the "AP" button.

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibrate),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Important information about stock S Pen functionality!
    The apps, libraries, and drivers that allow for the advanced S Pen-based functions in stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz-based custom roms WILL NEVER BE INCLUDED IN ANY AOSP-BASED ROMS due to their proprietary nature. The scope of these functions goes beyond simple vendor blobs and enters the realm of 3rd party intellectual property licensed to Samsung. The S Pen does work in all AOSP-based custom roms, however it acts simply as an alternative input device. Various open source 3rd party apps are available that take advantage of the Note 4's stylus (see above), but their functionality is a fraction of that of stock TouchWiz.

How to install SPenCommand
    1. Install The SELinux Switch and Select SELinux mode as PERMISSIVE,
    2. Reboot into System,
    3. Install SPenCommand.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - Temporary fix for random SIM death on all trlte variants, courtesy of _mone: boot-1223-trlte.img
    - The fingerprint scanner has not yet been integrated into either trlte or trlteduos.
    - The front camera force closes, requiring a reboot to work again.
    - Bluetooth does not see some wearable devices.
    - The built-in camera app is slow and crashes randomly, especially when the flash fires, requiring a reboot to function again.
    - Video recording in 4K resolution is not possible with either the built-in camera app or any 3rd party camera/camcorder apps.
    - 5GHz hotspot gives an error message when attempting to turn it on.
    - If NFC is turned off when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will freeze in the "off" position and remain off until the phone is rebooted. If NFC is turned on when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will function properly to turn NFC both on and off. However, if NFC is turned off and the phone is rebooted, this bug will reappear.
    - The 2nd SIM slot does not work in any trlteduos variant.
    - VoLTE is not (yet) supported.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - fattire and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the trlte and trlteduos.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - triplr-dev

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    micky387, ripee, tripLr, _mone, cvxda
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Marshmallow for your variant.

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 8.1.0

Created 2018-03-09
    Last Updated 2019-07-13
    How's the SIM death? :D
    No SIM death for now.. No SIM at all (LOL). I was even without wifi (that's fixed now). Hopefully I'll keep making progress, once it's a bit more stable I'll start sharing pieces of pie.
    Hi guys.
    Sorry, very busy with my home/work/build but working on new release ;)

From what I read in last comment, i have fixed Bluetooth pairing.
    Last lineage15.1 source code fix lot of issue too and more new feature :p

I will add new release today i think (it's 04h15 Am here in France)

In the future,can you add your device model for your issue please ?? not very simple to add few device support ;)

Thanks
    Hi there!

Test build for trlte users:
    lineage-15.1-20180728-UNOFFICIAL-trlte.zip

Looking for feedback regarding reboot and SIM issues.
    For me the modem finally initialize properly with this build, a first from cm-14.1. Too early to speak about SIM death or reboot issue, I'll keep running this build the whole day (going out in a bit), when I'll be back home I'll see if there will be some feedback from you and decide if the changes are worth pushing to github or not.