/* * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA. */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
Camera (autofocus & hdr)
If you are using this ROM first time, wipe data. Wipe data completely. I mean the option where you need to enter "yes". Use this option and then flash the rom.
This ROM only works with the TWRP I added.
If you want to use GAPPS, flash it directly after flashing ROM. Don't let the ROM boot. Otherwise your device will not get certification, so you will not have Google Access.
Instructions (thx @matshias, just changed few lines to get ROM flashing working)
- Put your ROM (and GApps) onto your sdcard (sdcard must be exfat or fat32, NTFS not supported)
- Install fastboot and adb on your PC, e.g. from here
- Enable developer options and in there select to unlock your bootloader by enabling OEM unlock and enable USB debugging
- Connect your PC to your tablet and run
adb reboot bootloaderCode:
fastboot oem unlock-go
- Don't setup, cause you will need to format your tablet later again. Shutdown tablet. Hold volume up and power button to start to bootloader
- Then run
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-<your-filename>.img
- Select with volume buttons "Recovery Mode" and press power button
- Select to write to system, otherwise you can't flash ROM
- Backup at least system and boot partitions to your sdcard cause you will wipe data in next step. Choose "System Image" for the system partition backup.
- Format data using this tutorial
- Flash ROM
- Optionally flash SuperSU or Magisk in TWRP which should install system less. Keep OEM unlock enabled if you flash or modify anything
• changes to fingerprint
• changes to sdcard (careful those who are using sd card as internal)
• security updates: 2019-04-05
• updated TB-X704L fix file for fingerprint support
Dolby Digital Plus (use the TWRP one)
GAPPS (use 8.1 arm64; I suggest using pico variant)
@highwaystar_ru (he gave me the important hint, also used his sources and his thread )
@LumenReaper (for his work with CM14.1, where I took big part of his device tree :fingers-crossed
@Flowah123 for the TB-X704L files :fingers-crossed:
For donations you can click here
Thanks to @rorzer, @Preyer11, @Tschumi, @MrMagic, @max_work & 5 x anonymous
Please don't support Lenovo and buy their tablets
[I]Updates vary depending on the model where our tablets receive Android and security updates after the introduction. We announced Tab 4 10 Plus in February 2017 and since then it has received seven OTA updates. However, this model has reached the end of its update cycle and will not receive any more updates in the future. - Lenovo (2018-05-11)[/I]
Please tell what mods you are using and what tablet variant (TB-X704F or L or ABCDEFGH..)
If your tablet doesnt start:
go to TWRP. use file manager, go to sys/fs/pstore, copy the files and upload it here.
if your tablet starts and bug appears later:
go to TWRP. use file manager, go to sys/fs/pstore, copy the files
start your tablet normal, let the bug appear, enter adb root
use adb logcat and adb shell dmesg, copy the content to a text file and upload here
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1.0][TB-X704F] LineageOS 15.1 for Lenovo Tab4 10 Plus, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
Last Updated 2019-05-13