• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 for the Lenovo K5/K5 Plus

Search This thread

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Device infos:
http://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/A6020/

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • RIL (Call, SMS, MMS, Data/LTE)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera Photo and Camcorder (video recorder via Footej Application)
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
  • GPS
  • Sensors
  • WiFi/USB Tethering

What's not working :
  • SELinux is permissive
  • Video Playback (hardware acceleration)
  • Audio (Stereo Playback is a little buggy) (should be fixed)
  • DRM
  • Encryption
  • VoLTE
  • Flashlight might be not well synchronized
  • Maybe more ROM specific bugs

Instructions :
  • Requires TWRP 3.1.1 Oreo (or newer) - Official TWRP 3.2+ should be good
  • At first install, wipe cache and data and system
  • Install ROM
  • Install Open GApps arm64 (please use right version, according if you're using 8.0 or 8.1)
  • ReBoot

When you're updating from a previous Lineage 15.x version:
  • Install ROM update
  • Wipe cache and Dalvik
  • ReBoot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Bug report should be done in following format provided in code below
Code:
What is your
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you
wipe:
 restored with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Extra thanks & Contributors to this dev:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 for the Lenovo K5/K5 Plus, ROM for the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus

Contributors
Shreps, scritch007
Source Code: https://github.com/boulzordev/android_device_lenovo_A6020

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-09-17
Last Updated 2018-01-04

Last edited:

subhankardas

Jan 2, 2015
Nyc
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Device infos:

What's working :
Boots
Wifi
RIL (Call, SMS, MMS, Data/LTE)
Bluetooth
Camera Photo and Camcorder (video recorder via Footej Application)
Video Playback
Audio ( Recording and Playback )

What's not working :
SELinux is permissive
Video Playback (hardware acceleration)
Sensors
GPS
VoLTE
Maybe more ROM specific bugs

Instructions :
At first install, wipe cache and data and system
Install ROM
Install Open GApps arm64 (tested with the zip version on my website)
ReBoot

When you're updating from a previous Lineage 15.0 version:
Install ROM update
Wipe cache and Dalvik
ReBoot

Downloads :
Builds : https://moto.shreps.fr/?dir=Lenovo Vibe K5 (A6020)/ROM/Lineage/Oreo
Gapps: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634797336 (or zip available on my website)

Reporting Bugs
DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

@subha785
@Harry8242

[ROM0][UNNOFICIAL][8.0] LineageOS 15.0 for the Lenovo K5/K5 Plus, ROM for the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus

Contributors
Shreps, scritch007
Source Code:https://github.com/boulzordev/android_device_lenovo_A6020

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-09-17
Last Updated 2017-09-17
Nice bro

Reactions: vivaan1307

aninditAXC

Oct 27, 2014
Dude, your stock kernel for a40 is BAD. I can't run the phone without lag.......and whenever I lock my phone while listening to music, it studders(I mean the song). The room is really good but the stock kermal is pulling the performance drastically.....

The big core is stuck at 560something frequency and the little core is stuck at 800mhz

Pls fix it, it is my humble request ...?

sameer12dhi

Mar 1, 2017
Dude, your stock kernel for a40 is BAD. I can't run the phone without lag.......and whenever I lock my phone while listening to music, it studders(I mean the song). The room is really good but the stock kermal is pulling the performance drastically.....

The big core is stuck at 560something frequency and the little core is stuck at 800mhz

Pls fix it, it is my humble request ...?
Its a test build and only for testing purposes. Don't expect great performance and bb from it. Kernel still needs to be optimized

sullivan781

Nov 24, 2015
Arapiraca
Reactions: Shreps

Jhonzx

Oct 13, 2013
Igarapé
Hi @Shreps

Issue: hardware buttons long press shortcuts not working (split screen, Assistant)

LineageOS version: lineage-15.0-20170917-UNOFFICIAL-A6020.zip
LineageOS Download url: http://moto.shreps.fr/Lenovo Vibe K...eo/lineage-15.0-20170917-UNOFFICIAL-A6020.zip
Gapps version: open_gapps-arm64-8.0-micro-20170902-UNOFFICIAL.zip

wipe: yes, clean install
restored with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: yes

Is that the most severe bug you found?

lucasdeeiroz

Oct 24, 2011
Curitiba, Paraná
twitter.com
Can't play musics in Google Play Music. The system gets a little buggy while trying to play songs.

LineageOS version: 20170917
Gapps version: opengapps_arm64-8.0-aroma-20170909

Did you

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: magisk (no modules)

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed: GPM is a system app (open-gapps), no FCs when using it. Spotify works normally. I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S RELATED TO THE ROM, can be OpenGapps or the app itself (I don't know if I should post this issue here or not).

Shreps

Recognized Developer
Feb 13, 2012
Paris
moto.shreps.fr
Can't play musics in Google Play Music. The system gets a little buggy while trying to play songs.

LineageOS version: 20170917
Gapps version: opengapps_arm64-8.0-aroma-20170909

Did you

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: magisk (no modules)

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed: GPM is a system app (open-gapps), no FCs when using it. Spotify works normally. I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S RELATED TO THE ROM, can be OpenGapps or the app itself (I don't know if I should post this issue here or not).

Can you try to set Audio to "mono" mode in Settings ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Device infos:

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • RIL (Call, SMS, MMS, Data/LTE)
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera Photo and Camcorder (video recorder via Footej Application)
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Recording and Playback )
    • GPS
    • Sensors
    • WiFi/USB Tethering

What's not working :
    • SELinux is permissive
    • Video Playback (hardware acceleration)
    • Audio (Stereo Playback is a little buggy) (should be fixed)
    • DRM
    • Encryption
    • VoLTE
    • Flashlight might be not well synchronized
    • Maybe more ROM specific bugs

Instructions :
    • Requires TWRP 3.1.1 Oreo (or newer) - Official TWRP 3.2+ should be good
    • At first install, wipe cache and data and system
    • Install ROM
    • Install Open GApps arm64 (please use right version, according if you're using 8.0 or 8.1)
    • ReBoot

When you're updating from a previous Lineage 15.x version:
    • Install ROM update
    • Wipe cache and Dalvik
    • ReBoot

Downloads :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Code:
    What is your
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you
    wipe:
     restored with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 for the Lenovo K5/K5 Plus, ROM for the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus

Contributors
    Shreps, scritch007
    Source Code: https://github.com/boulzordev/android_device_lenovo_A6020

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2017-09-17
    Last Updated 2018-01-04
    Waiting for stable update
    Waiting for useful reply
    when the listed bugs will solved???
    With this kind of contribution, probably never.
    Guys, a new build is available with IMS blob back
    Can you try it and feedback about VoLTE stuff? (is it working or not)
    Thx