[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1] LineageOS 15.1 for Vibe K5/K5+ with SIM management

Search This thread

kjonca

May 28, 2012
That's an ancient recovery. Get it updated.
https://moto.shreps.fr/Lenovo Vibe K5 (A6020)/Recovery/twrp-3.3.1-0-A6020.img

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using XDA Labs

I upgraded to this version, but still no luck - rom installs, but then cannot boot. screen is blank.
Even worse - I cannot return to pac_rom which was installed before :( - there is bootloop.
I am afraid the phone is unusable.
edit:
finally I used method described at https://xdaforums.com/general/help/simplified-qpst-qdltool-linux-unbricked-t3242494
(kind of atomic bomdb, but at least phone work) and then return to pacrom.
Maybye I give oreo another chance.

Last edited:

adinechin

I upgraded to this version, but still no luck - rom installs, but then cannot boot. screen is blank.
Even worse - I cannot return to pac_rom which was installed before :( - there is bootloop.
edit:
finally I used method described at https://xdaforums.com/general/help/simplified-qpst-qdltool-linux-unbricked-t3242494
Wich model do you have ?

Sent from my Vibe K5 Plus using XDA Labs

kjonca

May 28, 2012
Wich model do you have ?

A6020a40

Finally I managed to install this rom, and looks, that it work.

My question is: which app is used to root manage? Magisk?

edit: Magisk manager seems to work.
Strange thing: bluetooth MAC is different after each reboot. This is bug or feature - and if feature, how to turn it off?

Last edited:

kjonca

May 28, 2012
A6020a40

Finally I managed to install this rom, and looks, that it work.

My question is: which app is used to root manage? Magisk?

edit: Magisk manager seems to work.
Strange thing: bluetooth MAC is different after each reboot. This is bug or feature - and if feature, how to turn it off?

I know that this is not recommended to answer to my own post, but maybe somebody will be interested.
I took a look into startup scripts, and we have:

/etc/init.qcom.bt.sh
there is a line
Code:
eval $(/system/vendor/bin/hci_qcomm_init -e $PWR_CLASS $LE_PWR_CLASS && echo "exit_code_hci_qcomm_init=0" || echo "exit_code_hci_qcomm_init=1")

i add '-b" parameter wiht my MAC
Code:
eval $(/system/vendor/bin/hci_qcomm_init -b xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx -e $PWR_CLASS $LE_PWR_CLASS && echo "exit_code_hci_qcomm_init=0" || echo "exit_code_hci_qcomm_init=1")
and my bluetooth MAC is set properly ...

Apart this bluetooth issue ROM works very good.

Reactions: ghostrider_reborn

eurodiesel

Sep 18, 2017
The Middle of Nowhere
Last edited:

ntd252

Dec 2, 2018
Dragon elite 1.4
https://xdaforums.com/k5-plus/development/kernel-t3725978/post76549650
Install from recovery like flashing rom. You might need to flash magisk if you did before.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using XDA Labs

Thank you for the link, I will try it!
My 15.1 newest security update has a bug that pretty usually when turning on the screen, the phone opens camera app automatically. Have you run into this bug? I have tried to reboot a few times. Will try with the Dragon kernel to see how it goes.

adinechin

Thank you for the link, I will try it!
My 15.1 newest security update has a bug that pretty usually when turning on the screen, the phone opens camera app automatically. Have you run into this bug? I have tried to reboot a few times. Will try with the Dragon kernel to see how it goes.
I had the same problem, I just deactivated the shortcut to have the camera on power double click. It's in Parameters > Buttons ;)

Reactions: ntd252

daeMysterious

Aug 5, 2019
Kayseri
Dude i know a great fix

edit:

Well,I read your post i know i am too late(maybe not) but i will give you a quick guide to install required(and compatible with your hardware)drivers since they seem to be damaged(welp you need to be using a PC and a micro sd for these)(Also you need to know that all your files are going to be gone and you will need to unlock your bootloader again in case you dont want to use full stock rom)
Step One: Download and install Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant
Step 2: go under "Flash" option and then rescue and select the product you are using now choose the model and also select your hw code which i found under battery i dont know yours, and then wait for download.
Step 3:Enable usb debugging and then open cmd and use this command "adb reboot edl" without double quotation marks ofc
Step 4:proceed and press ok to all of em
AND CONGRATULATIONS! you are now on stock rom with all compatible drivers installed on your drive!
Also this is to everyone a quick tip:if you cant reboot to download mode which you can do on cmd, you can go to fastboot mode first (Voldown+power)and then keep pressing on VolUp+VolDown+Power (keep doing until you see a whole black or a glowing screen)
Also can someone teach me or recommend me a guide for Custom rom devolopment? I'm really into it but i cant find new guides.

Fax Max

May 28, 2017
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
Realme 6
Using this setting in viper for android legacy material majisk installed because the sound is not balanced.

Also, while a music is playing in a headphones, if a system sound plays the sound plays in both the speaker and headphones and continues like that untill i pause the music and play again, (music is general term i tried on YouTube and any other audio source)

Edit: system sound plays even in silent do not disturb mode, in both headphones and speaker

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191128-001310_ViPER4Android_FX.png
    Screenshot_20191128-001310_ViPER4Android_FX.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 212
  • Screenshot_20191128-001405_ViPER4Android_FX.png
    Screenshot_20191128-001405_ViPER4Android_FX.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

DnlPereira

Sep 2, 2019
Two questions

Hello! can i use any gapps? I'm on Android 10 but the performance is not very cool ... I remember this ROM is working. Does the camera work normally? And the led of notifications? And WhatsApp , Instagram videos?

Last edited:

adinechin

Hello! can i use any gapps? I'm on Android 10 but the performance is not very cool ... I remember this ROM is working. Does the camera work normally? And the led of notifications? And WhatsApp , Instagram videos?
  • You can use any Gapps
  • I think everything works fine
  • On the last version there were a little bug on the stereo audio repartition, but located on ROM side so to check ;)

Top Liked Posts