[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][8.1] OmniRom [NON-TREBLE] [28/05/2018] [discontinued]

Search This thread

droid27

Sep 9, 2016
@mdeejay its fast but I don't know if its stable enough for daily use. Just installed it few hours ago. One bug Ive found is when you search in file manager it hangs and crashes.

sethidheeraj06

Feb 22, 2016
@mdeejay its fast but I don't know if its stable enough for daily use. Just installed it few hours ago. One bug Ive found is when you search in file manager it hangs and crashes.
Nope for me it's not crashing, while searching in the file manager.
Which version are you using?

waiyanminn

Feb 25, 2016
@mdeejay
Audio Quality is below average. Low volume. Pls fix it. And can you please add Dirac HD from MiA1

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

[/COLOR @mdeejay
Audio Quality is below average. Low volume. Pls fix it. And can you please add Dirac HD from MiA1

droid27

Sep 9, 2016
Nope for me it's not crashing, while searching in the file manager.
Which version are you using?
I just flashed the May 10 ver and it seems all okay now. The thing is I think right now only few apps supports 8.1. Im kind of disappointed since I bought this phone not because of MIUI but its great hardware and its price and was looking forward to its development but Im so sad it seems not much rom for this. 7.1 roms seems got halted and devs went for 8.1 but afaik some apps not working properly ie camera.

sethidheeraj06

Feb 22, 2016
I just flashed the May 10 ver and it seems all okay now. The thing is I think right now only few apps supports 8.1. Im kind of disappointed since I bought this phone not because of MIUI but its great hardware and its price and was looking forward to its development but Im so sad it seems not much rom for this. 7.1 roms seems got halted and devs went for 8.1 but afaik some apps not working properly ie camera.
Use gcam. It's working fine.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Lineage vs Omni?
Omni...for sure.

moralesnery

Aug 27, 2014
Use gcam. It's working fine.

Do you know wich version is working fine? I don't have problems with photos, but video is super dark unless taken with Whatsapp camera.

BTW rom working super fluid and light, only video recording and auto-brightness are a bit weird (brightness is too high when set to "automatic" and video recording is dark except for some 3rd party apps).
Be advised that the Magisk provided by the OP works just fine, but it won't pass SafetyNet test. If anybody hast achived ctsProfile: true in this rom please provide instructions about how can be done, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Sai000

Jan 24, 2015
I flashed stock open gapps after flashed rom. It already has gcam but i cant use that gcam. So i was trying to open api2 " follow thread open api2 on xda forum ". But it's still not working. I really need cam. Any ideas?

AngryLady

Apr 22, 2018
Thanks. I cannot change the charging sound, and no option to disable annoying USB-debugging Notification. At least this ROM is better than LOS based. Because we can encrypt the phone successfully from Settings Security menu, and then root with Magisk. So this ROM accomplish the category of "ENCRYPTED+ROOTED" ROM. Next plan is to relock bootloader. It has "OEM Unlocking" switched ON in Developer Settings. Can I turn OFF? I try to relock bootloader. After that, is there some OmniUnlock Tool? I try to unlock again.

Last edited:

Beat_Slayer

Nov 27, 2014
PVZ
Thanks. I cannot change the charging sound, and no option to disable annoying USB-debugging Notification. At least this ROM is better than LOS based. Because we can encrypt the phone from settings successfully, and then root with Magisk. Next plan is to relock bootloader. It has "OEM Unlocking" switched ON in Developer Settings. Can I turn OFF? I try to relock bootloader. After that, is there some OmniUnlock Tool? I try to unlock again.

You'll get a bootloop if you OEM lock it, without an OEM ROM.

If you read it slowly, you'll understand.

G

GuestK0075

I am unable to uninstall system apps, as the phone gets stuck in a bootloop after. I've tried twice and made sure not to select any omni apps, but a TWRP restore was the only way. Why would this happen?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fwww.androidsis.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F10%2FOm.jpg

What is OmniROM?

OmniROM Source

OmniROM Gerrit Review

OmniROM G+

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

DO NO POST BUGS WITHOUT LOGS AND PROPER STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ISSUE

Downloads :

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Known issues:
    • Nothing important to be worried.

Credits :
    • Omnirom Team
    • CyanogenMod/Lineage OS Team

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniRom, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus

Contributors
    mdeejay
    Source Code: https://github.com/mdeejay/kernel_xiaomi_vince

ROM OS Version: 8.1 Oreo
    Kernel Version: 3.18.109 DragonTC 7.0 Clang

Version Information

Created 06.05.2018
    Last Updated 28.05.2018
    Changelog:
    - Omni weekly updates
    - kernel updates
    - Omni weekly updates
    - kernel updates (3.18.109)
    - kernel power save and performance tweaks / fixes
    - Fixed Qualcomm QC
    - another small fixes / tweaks device related
    - Upstream updates
    - Tweaked autobrightness values
    - kernel power tweaks
    - kernel speed tweaks
    - kernel sound control
    - fixed notification led in some apps
    - Fixed Auto brightness speed
    - Upstream updates (Google security patch)
    - DragonTC compiled kernel
    - New lights HAL
    - Added XiaomiParts
    - Added XiaomiDoze
    - Upstream changes
    - Fixed dt2w enable/disable
    - WiFi Direct
    - Clang compiled kernel
    - Upstream updates
    - Initial release
    rom updated. enjoy
    updated. enjoy