[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0.0] LineageOS 16.0 [BETA][16.04.2020] for i9305

Search This thread
Difficult for me to verify what is missing or what happened, because I don't know what you have built or what you changed.
But in general, if you built a rom from my sources on github, then yes the repos are not all updated / and or complete.

Thanks for your reply.
I synchronized the source code from https://github.com/CustomROMs/android_local_manifests_i9300/tree/lineage-16.0 and built it without any modification. I found that the META-INF and install directory in the package I compiled are very different from your distribution.
Could you please submit changes to the repository or send me the patches?
Thanks a lot!

rodman01

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
Remove the first lines, where the device identification is called, from the updater script and as far as I remember, the install folder is not necessary.
Then meta inf should work. Otherwise exclude the meta inf from one of my last build, that should also work.
But also as far as I remember, the i9305 device repos from victor aren't complete, so that not all features will work. But could be that this is fixed now.

Reactions: ali7557
Remove the first lines, where the device identification is called, from the updater script and as far as I remember, the install folder is not necessary.
Then meta inf should work. Otherwise exclude the meta inf from one of my last build, that should also work.
But also as far as I remember, the i9305 device repos from victor aren't complete, so that not all features will work. But could be that this is fixed now.

Thanks, I'll have a try.

Tube7

Feb 11, 2021
Thank you for the fix. Firefox starts now but I can't download anything. It always shows the error message "download failed". In addition to that, I can't use the "Night Mode" feature in the "Live Display" of LineageOS anymore because it has been disabled. I would be grateful for a solution.
Greetings Tobias

Edit:
In LineageOS 14.1 version Firefox v.85 works great. (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=674106145207498188)

LineageOS 16, Firefox v.85 causes sudden restarts. The file "boot.img" from goodwu (thanks for that) lets Firefox start, but no downloads are possible and the "night mode" of LineageOS is disabled.

Last edited:

rodman01

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
As far as I know only 2 devs are working on 11for this samsung "familiy models" (i9300, S2). Although there are currently actual activities at midas mainline/replicant github too, also with more different contributors. But (currently?) not for this or our model. So the answer to the question will be most probably: no.

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke

CaptPicard

Nov 10, 2010
Incroyable/amazing
Merci merci merci merci !!!! 0 bugs

twrp-3.5.2_9-0-i9305 + lineage-16.0-20200416-UNOFFICIAL-i9305_rodman01 + open_gapps-arm-9.0-nano-20210514 + addonsu-16.0-arm-signed
second life for my old i9305 <3 <3

Je t'aime

EeeK

Nov 30, 2011
Just flashed to this rom from the Resurrection Remix® N v5.8.5 final.

Any update on to get the LTE and possibly VoLTE working?

EeeK

Nov 30, 2011
I have also flashed the root zip file and I still see my root access disabled and SELinux disabled. Is this correct?

I have also flashed the root zip file and I still see my root access disabled and SELinux disabled. Is this correct?
addonsu is deprecated and also no longer works after 14.1
You must use magisk.

And to the other question:
LTE does work in theory and some people around here got it working by using a "hidden settings" app from play store.
I wasn´t able to get this working with my provider and location.
VoLTE, as always, probably will never work and i guess this device even never supported it officially anyways.

Also development on exynos 4412 devices is still active, but only i9300 and I9100 are currently under active development (withslow progress).
On other devices, including Note 2 and S3 LTE it almost stopped entirely unless someone is willing to add the device specific changes needed for those devices at their own (just like rodman did).

I tried to bringup n7100 but it´s much harder for beginners than you would imagine so it will probably never happen anytime soon.

Noobmaster20

Jul 19, 2021
Hi
While using this ROM
I tried to install Microsoft Outlook and it worked in LineageOS 14 but not in 16
Also When I tried to play pubg or free fire
They crash immediately after the loading screen
Note: I did a clean flash and wiped all partition except for vendor
And these games worked in other roms

HoussemEd

Jul 19, 2021
Good job
i installed before lineage OS v 14 Nougat , my phone restarted after the screen sleep and was with no network
your ROM solved this problems with me
thanks

HTC_S3

Dec 12, 2020
I installed the rom but the phone is not connecting more at the network.
I have to reinstal/upgrade the modem maybe?

@rodman01
The phone was network locked, i unlocked it and now the "phone calls" are working but the internet connection no, the APN setting doesn't allow me to save the apn settings. Any idea what to do? Thanks

Last edited:

BlindMan2020

Jul 27, 2020
Hi being following this for awhile since my i9300 developed audio ic chip failure meaning lost all audio like microphones, rear speaker or any sound related. I am looking to get the newer version of the Samsung S3 gt-I9305 and Im having trouble looking for lineage os 16 to run with due to limited scope like what working and not working. As well I am planning to increase the sound levels (I am hard of hearing by the way) by editing the file in question as I will temporary root the phone to do this but need to ask where the file is located in the phone as I done this on the i9300 but forgotten where :) As I was hoping the LTE would work on the phone with rodman01 custom rom as I'm located in Ireland as The phone is in Germany which I will be buying next week since it unlocked to any network

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an unofficial Pie build for the S3 LTE (i9305) based on LineageOS 16.0.

!! Please note that all thanks and credits go to @ChronoMonochrome because he ported the necessary changes to t0lte and got Pie to work for that device, especially the kernel thingis!!

And below is a quote from his release, where he mentioned in his t0lte thread all the involved devs and credited to all the people helped to get pie running for our "old" devices.

This work is heavily based on works of PoisonNinja, Option58 (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 14.1).
    A full credit for Pie bringup goes to rINanDO (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 16.0).

Working
    • Graphics
    • Wifi
    • Data (LTE is not supported currently)
    • RIL
    • Bluetooth (needs more testing, receiving files is working, sending I am not sure, also device name needs a change)
    • Sensors (needs more testing, proximity sensor works, others not sure whether it work)
    • Vibration
    • Camera (advanced settings not working switched to snap cam and its working now)
    • Audio
    • LED Notification, color and brightness settings
    • Pico Gapps are working, Youtube and Google Films are well
    • livedisplay
    • etc

Not tested, needs testing
    • Call recording, call forwarding and else
    • NFC (needs more testing, not sure whether it work)
    • GPS (got a fix with gps status, first fix lasts a minute, nexts are much faster) currently getting worse, have no fixes 14/03/20

Bugs
    • feel free to report them, will try to find a solution, but no promise :)

Download:

Installation:
    1. I am using an older TWRP, which is working fine: TWRP_2.8.7.0_alpha17_by-SdtBarbarossa_i9305.zip
    2. Download the latest build and copy it to the phone
    3. Factory reset in TWRP (Very important! Do not skip)
    4. Wipe cache, Data, System and Dalvik in TWRP advanced (Very important! Do not skip)
    5. Flash LineageOS 16.0
    6. Optional: Flash gapps and root package
    7. Reboot
    8. Be patient. The first boot will take between 5 - 15 minutes.
    9. Enjoy and have fun :)

Credits:

Source code: LOS 16.0

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung S3 LTE (i9305)

Contributors
    rodman01, ChronoMonochrome, rINanDO, Option58, PoisonNinja, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/CustomROMs/android_local_manifests_i9300/tree/lineage-16.0

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP_2.8.7.0_alpha17 or newer

Version Information

Created 2020-01-15
    Last Updated 2020-04-16
    small update

Hi There,
    gapps pico are working, but graphical glitches are occurring in youtube app, youtube browser is working fine, google films is working fine.
    Bluetooth sending and receiving is working, device name is still wrong, shows still Galaxy Note 2, which does not matter and can be changed in settings manually.

Download
    lineage-16.0-20200118-UNOFFICIAL-i9305_rodman01.zip https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261704972
    reserved

maybe another one needed? :confused:
    new build is up: 20200314 security patch march included

Hi all,
    new update, with latest leos changes and march security patches, is done and available.
    Additionally the key mapping fix is included. Other device and kernel changes are not made.
    GPS is at my side worse now, don't know why and what caused this.
    Anyways: for me I am getting several satellites, but no fix with gps status.

Download:
    lineage-16.0-20200314-UNOFFICIAL-i9305_rodman01.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261745101
    new build is up: 20200212 security patch feb included

Hi all,
    new update is uploaded and available. Its based on yesterdays leos sources, security patches 05.02 are included.
    Beside thie:
    - cam is changed from gcam to snap: advanced settings are no more crashing
    - livedisplay is working
    - with gps status I am getting the first fix within a minute, nexts are much faster

So download and have fun :)

lineage-16.0-20200212-UNOFFICIAL-rodman01_i9305.zip: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261722490