/* * Your (probably expired) warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
This is an unofficial Pie build for the Galaxy S3 (i9300) based on LineageOS 16.0.
Most of the ROM features are working, but the overall state might be not stable or not suitable for a daily use. This is an alpha quality build. Don't install this ROM as your daily driver.
This work is heavily based on works of forkbomb444 (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 14.1), rINanDO (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 16.0) and A$teroid (thanks for cherry-picks I took from his kernel).
What is working:
- Audio (playback && recording)
- RIL (SMS, mobile data, calls)
- Video playback (HW/SW)
What is not working:
- SIM PIN unlock doesn't work
- maybe yet something
When reporting reboots, please produce log below as follows
(using adb or terminal)
su cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
If reporting another issues
to quickly & easily capture logcat (Main log), Kernel log (dmesg) & Last Kernel log (last_kmsg which is important in case of unwanted reboot) without using a computer + adb or use a Terminal emulator on the phone:
Done! And make the dev happy.
- Root the phone
- Developer Options > Store logger data persistently on device > select All. More info about it here on developer.android.com
- Install the free SysLog. (screenshot)
View attachment 4644180
- Reboot the phone & reproduce the problem(s).
- Open Syslog & select logcat, dmesg & last_kmsg. Add some significant keywords in the bottom including in Notes describing the bug & hit Take log.
- The individual logs + a .zip of all of them will be saved in /sdcard/Syslog. You must rename them .txt to be able to attach them to an XDA post like logcat.log > logcat_log.txt for example. Or you can choose Share which will .zip them & then you can attach to a post or upload somewhere & link to in your post if the .zip is too big for XDA's attachment service (20 MB max).
Bug Reports & Logs?
If the phone is not rooted you can grant this permission to enable Syslog using ADB (15 seconds ADB Installer) & a computer:
You can also install an app like MatLog to analyse the logcat, filter it, search in it, export files etc but Syslog is fast & easy. If not rooted grant permission for MatLog:
- adb shell pm grant com.tortel.syslog android.permission.READ_LOGS
- adb shell pm grant com.pluscubed.matlog android.permission.READ_LOGS
SIM PIN code unlock feature is disabled to locking issues in build #6. Make sure to unlock the SIM PIN before flashing this build.
- Lord Boeffla
- LineageOS team
- Nameless ROM
- I really hope I didn't miss here anyone who deserves credits for their amazing works
If you like my work and want to thank me, feel free to buy a coffee
Thanks to it'sup, someOn3 and leleobhz for donations!
- Manifest: LOS 16.0
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
ChronoMonochrome, rINanDO, A$teroid
Source Code: https://github.com/CustomROMs/android_local_manifests_i9300/tree/lineage-16.0
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Last Updated 2020-09-20