[ROM][Unofficial][9.0.0][microG][signed]LineageOS 16.0 for Osprey

Search This thread
Hi!

Since the October build ( also with Nov.) I have issues with mapbox.
The app "wien mobil" doesn't show the map anymore.
When I check the logfile for mapbox it says:

[11-17 18:23:26.745 15293:15293 D/GmsMultiArchLoader]
Loading mapbox-gl from /data/user/0/at.wienerlinien.wienmobillab/cache/.gmscore/lib/armeabi-v7a/libmapbox-gl.so

[11-17 18:23:27.887 15293:15416 E/Mbgl]
{en.wienmobillab}[Setup]: loading style failed: A valid access token parameter is required when using a Mapbox service.
Please see https://www.mapbox.com/help/create-api-access-token/ to learn how to create one.
More information in this guide https://www.mapbox.com/help/first-steps-android-sdk/#access-tokens.Currently provided token is: invalid

Does mapbox work flawlessly on your device?

Thank you for your help,
and this great rom!

m.
Not really using mapbox, simply compiling the existing microG sources "as is" (plus two patches) - haven't checked microG issues and recent commits, yet (short on time), did you already look there?

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto Z3 Play
Haven't tried downloading things recently, but facing issues to upload my stuff since couple of weeks, need often 3-4 attempts, before I finally succeed - weirdest is, that I get sometimes a failure message at 100%, but 5 minutes later the uploaded file is there!

That is strange, oh well I will try again tonight/tomorrow.
Right now I need to unbrick my XT1542 to enabled OEM unlock so I can install your ROM.

maxwell80

Apr 29, 2020

bravo97

Jun 12, 2014
I can try. I am however afraid it won't help much: LineageOS 18.0 is close to be officially released, which will make 16.0 "legacy" (I.e. no ROM shipping and only community supported). Privacy Guard was dropped with 17.1, so I am not too optimistic.

Ah, yes, i forgot that privacy guard was dropped.
Makes the issue irrelevant. Disregard
(the rom still works)

Tiki Thorsen

Jan 27, 2017
Argentina
Moto Z3 Play
Hello, thanks for for great ROM, just as good as your Lineage for the Moto G!
Is there an alternative to Google Contact with MicroG? or is a must to I do a manual import via a .vcf file?

Hello, thanks for for great ROM, just as good as your Lineage for the Moto G!
Is there an alternative to Google Contact with MicroG? or is a must to I do a manual import via a .vcf file?
Hi, the answer is more complex and depends on your specific requirements.
First of all, microG does not interact with Google servers to synch. your contacts. But you don't need Google to store your contacts on a server - a couple of mail providers (e.g. posteo.de or mailbox.org) offer that option for an encrypted and protected contacts repository - you would need the app DAVx5 (FDroid) for that - this is my recommendation and what I do.
To simply get your contacts exported from your previous setup and migrated to a microG setup, the .vcf option is the easiest - afterwards, you could e.g. use the DAVx5 setup to synchronize your contacts with an e-mail provider.
Finally, on the site shadow53.com you will find instructions, how to take the Google contact synch. adapter from a Gapps zip file and flash it to a microG setup to continue using your Google account for that under microG - I personally wouldn't recommend this approach, but that is your decision.

LineageOS 17.1 Test build for microG build variant

Hi all,

I have created a fist test build for LineageOS 17.1 variant B (microG variant) - for the "standard" variant, there is - as you all know - official LineageOS 17.1 support:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...-UNOFFICIAL-microG-signed-osprey.zip/download

I am planning to switch to 17.1 in the near future (don't worry, for December, there will definitely still be LineageOS 16.0 builds) and to offer this in a new thread.
(For the people using the standard variant, I'll provide - once I decide to switch - a migration build to be able to switch over to official LineageOS).
I would like however, after some promising tests on my end, to gather feedback also from others before following that path.

How to install:
1. Make a backup in TWRP to be able to get back to lineage 16.0 after your test!
2. You can directly "dirty-flash" over my lineage-16.0 build (variant B only, of course!)

Features:
  • Pre-installed microG and F-Droid same as the LineageOS for microG project
  • Pre-installed AuroraStore
  • eSpeak TTS engine (FOSS TTS solution)
  • Bromite as default browser
  • Additional security hardening features listed below
  • Cloudflare as default fallback DNS (instead of Google)
  • Privacy-preferred default settings
  • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
  • Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
  • Increased max. password length of 64
  • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
  • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
  • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
  • Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
  • Firewall (control internet access per app - under Trust)
  • Constified JNI method tables
(Note: Access restrictions to /proc/net are now implemented by default in Android 10)

Lost features
LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) does not offer any longer:
  • LockClock app to show calendar entries and Weather widget
  • Privacy Guard

Looking forward to your feedback.
Thanks & regards - M.

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Does anybody have mirrors for the latest builds? I'm having no luck with sourceforge. Either painfully slow or I just get '503 Service Unavailable'. Thanks!

Don't worry, all good now!

Last edited:

KamiOh

Apr 13, 2011

Hi all,

I have created a fist test build for LineageOS 17.1 variant B (microG variant) - for the "standard" variant, there is - as you all know - official LineageOS 17.1 support:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...-UNOFFICIAL-microG-signed-osprey.zip/download

I am planning to switch to 17.1 in the near future (don't worry, for December, there will definitely still be LineageOS 16.0 builds) and to offer this in a new thread.
(For the people using the standard variant, I'll provide - once I decide to switch - a migration build to be able to switch over to official LineageOS).
I would like however, after some promising tests on my end, to gather feedback also from others before following that path.

How to install:
1. Make a backup in TWRP to be able to get back to lineage 16.0 after your test!
2. You can directly "dirty-flash" over my lineage-16.0 build (variant B only, of course!)

Features:
  • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
  • Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
  • Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
(Note: Access restrictions to /proc/net are now implemented by default in Android 10)

Lost features
  • Privacy Guard

Thanks & regards - M.
mirror?
sourceforge is so soooooooooooo slow speed download.

maxwell80

Apr 29, 2020

Hi all,

How to install:

Features:

Lost features
  • Privacy Guard

Thanks & regards - M.

Hi M;

feedback for 17.1
Device boots with wrong system time (build time, I guess) and is not able to correct, even if network time is chosen.
After time and date is set manually device reboots with corrected time - however, working network time would be fine.
Log added.

Problems with apps that use mapbox are the same as in your 16 build.

Otherwise I have seen no other flaws yet - great work!

Please allow me two suggestions/questions regarding the usability of your rom:

Would it be possible to split the Google/faceboock-blocker into two separate options?
While I would like to block Google, I have to allow Fb for receiving pics, vids and other files on Whatsapp.

I like your idea of providing an adblock with your rom - however - some websites do not work with adblock, and white-listing them is not really user-friendly in your solution.
What speaks against adding - for instance - adaway to your build?

Again, thank you for your great work!

Best regards,
M

Attachments

• logfile.zip
    92.6 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: MSe1969
Hi M;

feedback for 17.1
Device boots with wrong system time (build time, I guess) and is not able to correct, even if network time is chosen.
After time and date is set manually device reboots with corrected time - however, working network time would be fine.
Log added.
Thanks for your feedback! I need to have a deeper look into that. You mentioned an added log, but I don't see anything, yet . . . ?

Problems with apps that use mapbox are the same as in your 16 build.
This is something, only the microG folks can address, I only pick from their repo . . .

Otherwise I have seen no other flaws yet - great work!
As mentioned already, many thanks for the feedback and your tests.

Please allow me two suggestions/questions regarding the usability of your rom:

Would it be possible to split the Google/faceboock-blocker into two separate options?
While I would like to block Google, I have to allow Fb for receiving pics, vids and other files on Whatsapp.
I am considering to maybe implement an exception for Whatsapp to still be able to connect to FB.

I like your idea of providing an adblock with your rom - however - some websites do not work with adblock, and white-listing them is not really user-friendly in your solution.
What speaks against adding - for instance - adaway to your build?
AdAway has been designed as a user-app, which requires root access (in the newest version it also offers a non-root VPN solution). As replacing or editing the /system/etc/hosts file requires to mount the system partition read-write, which only works with root access, this does not make sense, as LineageOS 17.1 does not come with a built-in root solution.
However - you have the following options:
  1. You can use a switch in the developer options to stop the /system/etc/hosts file to be updated with ROM updates
  2. You can e.g. install Magisk as root solution on top, and then you can install AdAway - Adaway and Magisk even work together to make the hosts file replacement a system-less functionality.
Regards, M.

maxwell80

Apr 29, 2020
Thanks for your feedback! I need to have a deeper look into that. You mentioned an added log, but I don't see anything, yet . . . ?

This is something, only the microG folks can address, I only pick from their repo . . .

As mentioned already, many thanks for the feedback and your tests.

I am considering to maybe implement an exception for Whatsapp to still be able to connect to FB.

AdAway has been designed as a user-app, which requires root access (in the newest version it also offers a non-root VPN solution). As replacing or editing the /system/etc/hosts file requires to mount the system partition read-write, which only works with root access, this does not make sense, as LineageOS 17.1 does not come with a built-in root solution.
However - you have the following options:
  1. You can use a switch in the developer options to stop the /system/etc/hosts file to be updated with ROM updates
  2. You can e.g. install Magisk as root solution on top, and then you can install AdAway - Adaway and Magisk even work together to make the hosts file replacement a system-less functionality.
Regards, M.
Thanks for the reply!
Log is added to my recent post now.

New (16.0) builds available with December 2020 ASB

Hi all,

new builds are available for download and already offered as OTA updates:

A. Standard LineageOS 16.0
  • Security String 2020-12-05
  • System Webview on 87.0.4280.101

B. Security hardened microG build
  • Security String 2020-12-05
  • Bromite System Webview on 87.0.4280.106
  • F-Droid updated to 1.10-alpha1-114
  • microG updated from upstream to 0.2.14.204215-15 (picked until 720b089)

Happy flashing!
Regards, M.

Aug 6, 2019
New (16.0) builds available with December 2020 ASB

M

New build downloaded, installed, and working fine. Many thanks.

Couldn't download the 17.1 trial but I believe that this was only available to users of Variant B. I'm using Variant A, but I look forward to switching once you have a final product ready to go for "mere mortals"! {grin}

Alan

Hi M;

feedback for 17.1
Log added.
Hi - in fact, this is something, what can be even observed in the "official" LineageOS 17.1 builds for the Osprey device. So this is not related to my build in particular. Anyhow, I'll try to have a deeper look - I have observed already, that the LineageOS 16.0 build (as mentioned, this is mainly chil360's work) uses the TimeService.apk (Qualcomm time service) from the Motorola blobs, whilst LineageOS 17.1 (both, chil360's unofficial builds as well as the LineageOS official build) uses 'Sony Timekeep' - don't know why, but I may want to try in my builds with the Qualcomm TimeService (although I suspect, that there must be a reason for this...)
Regards, M.

Switching from LineageOS 16.0, build variant A, to official LineageOS 17.1 builds for the Osprey device

Hi all,
here comes a tutorial how to switch from my current LineageOS 16.0 build variant A to official LineageOS 17.1 build without having to do a clean install (e.g. to keep your data):

1. Download my migration build from below URL and place it into the internal memory or SD card of your Osprey device:
  2. Download the latest official build from LineageOS and also place it into the internal memory of SD card of your device:
  3. Download any further flashable ZIPs, you may need for your specific setup, such as Gapps (remember: arm and Android 10, flavor of your choice), Magisk, etc. and also place it to your phone
  4. Reboot to recovery
  5. Make a nandroid backup, to be able to restore the current LineageOS 16.0 Setup
  6. Wipe the /system partition
  7. Flash my migration build, afterwards - without rebooting - Gapps (if applicable) and afterwards (also only, if applicable) Magisk and any other additional stuff - but DON'T flash the official build yet!
  8. Wipe cache & dalvik and reboot into LineageOS 17.1
  9. You are now with my Migration build - remember, that this build is not secure - simply verify, that the system seems to work as expected and that you can re-setup, what might be missing. However, don't install new stuff and only have the migration build active for a short time.
  10. Reboot to recovery and flash/install now the official LineageOS 17.1 build and reboot - DONE.
This does not have to happen immediately, but I wanted to provide this information - feedback welcome.

Regards, M.

sponk0

Apr 7, 2019
Moto G 2015
Xiaomi Poco F1
Switching from LineageOS 16.0, build variant A, to official LineageOS 17.1 builds for the Osprey device
Thank you very much for providing these instructions and the migration build. I followed the instructions 1 by 1, and everything went smoothly and looks fine so far.
  • I started from the 16.0, Variant A build from Dec. 18
  • Test device is a XT1541 (16GB/2GB)
  • I installed opengapps from 2020-12-09, arm / android10 / "nano" version and official lineageos-nightly from 2020-12-18
  • The phone is operated without a SIM at the moment, so I only tried WiFi (can't comment on calls and mobile data), and I haven't done real-life testing over a longer period of time yet (just installed a few minutes ago). If anything comes up that is looking odd, I'll let you know.

Aug 6, 2019
here comes a tutorial how to switch from my current LineageOS 16.0 build variant A to official LineageOS 17.1 build without having to do a clean install (e.g. to keep your data):

M:

Following the above instructions (Dec 19, 2020 at 7:38 PM), I have now installed LineageOS 17.1. The flashing process worked exactly as advertised. I have yet to try out Android 10 to any great extent, but I do have two questions for you regarding the new build:

(1) Are you switching to LineageOS 17.1 builds going forward, such that there will be future updates of this new variant and, presumably, if this is the case, the recent 16.0 series will be abandoned at some point?

(2) I ran into some storage issue with 16.0 where the free storage dropped precipitously to about 300 MB and Google Play refused to download and install any new apps or updates (see: https://linuxnorth.wordpress.com/2020/12/19/tracking-down-android-storage-space-hogs/).

Initially, I thought that this was the K-9 E-mail client grabbing almost 1 GB of storage in app_view/BrowserMetrics. I cleaned out this folder, checked the web for references to BrowserMetrics and found a bug report on GitHub:

Webview’s BrowserMetrics should be regularly cleaned by K-9 #5061

The OP indicated that "we (the group of people maintaining legacy LineageOS including MSE1969) resolved the problem by switching system webview to Bromite."

However, before I could research Bromite, I found that free space was still being eaten up and it turned out that many apps were using considerable amounts of storage in the same manner. A post on GitLab noted the same issue.

WebView produces a lot of garbage in cache

A recent post on this forum noted that "This will be resolved by any builds dated 20201227 or later..."

Can you confirm that this is indeed the case for your build of LineageOS 17.1 ?

As usual, many thanks for all your work on these custom ROM's and Happy New Year!

Alan

M:

Following the above instructions (Dec 19, 2020 at 7:38 PM), I have now installed LineageOS 17.1. The flashing process worked exactly as advertised. I have yet to try out Android 10 to any great extent, but I do have two questions for you regarding the new build:

(1) Are you switching to LineageOS 17.1 builds going forward, such that there will be future updates of this new variant and, presumably, if this is the case, the recent 16.0 series will be abandoned at some point?
Hello Alan,
yes, my plan is to open a new thread for the LineageOS 17.1 "microG" build variant and to stop the LineageOS 16.0 builds eventually. I won't provide a "default" LineageOS 17.1 build any longer, that is why I have published the instructions to help people, who have so far used the build variant A of my 16.0 builds to take advantage of the official LineageOS 17.1 builds. I have provided the build variant A for LineageOS 16.0, as there hasn't been any official 16.0 build for the Osprey device, but providing a build variant with almost no difference to the official builds does not really add any value - that's why.

(2) I ran into some storage issue with 16.0 where the free storage dropped precipitously to about 300 MB and Google Play refused to download and install any new apps or updates (see: https://linuxnorth.wordpress.com/2020/12/19/tracking-down-android-storage-space-hogs/).

Initially, I thought that this was the K-9 E-mail client grabbing almost 1 GB of storage in app_view/BrowserMetrics. I cleaned out this folder, checked the web for references to BrowserMetrics and found a bug report on GitHub:

Webview’s BrowserMetrics should be regularly cleaned by K-9 #5061

The OP indicated that "we (the group of people maintaining legacy LineageOS including MSE1969) resolved the problem by switching system webview to Bromite."

However, before I could research Bromite, I found that free space was still being eaten up and it turned out that many apps were using considerable amounts of storage in the same manner. A post on GitLab noted the same issue.

WebView produces a lot of garbage in cache

A recent post on this forum noted that "This will be resolved by any builds dated 20201227 or later..."

Can you confirm that this is indeed the case for your build of LineageOS 17.1 ?
Just to be sure, that things don't get mixed up or confused:
  1. The build variant B ("microG build") of my builds uses Bromite Webview instead of the default System Webview, hence those builds aren't affected that much, as Bromite seems to clean up this directory frequently. There is however an issue opened for Bromite to entirely remove that feature - one of the next releases of Bromite will include it.

2. The build variant A (Standard build) makes use of the default Webview shipped by LineageOS, that is why those builds were affected. LineageOS has now patched their Webview, so any new official builds including that patch will stop wasting that much space (you may however still have to manually do some cleaning)

3. As indicated above, I will stop providing the build variant A for LineageOS 17.1 - people who were using my build variant A for LineageOS 16.0 should switch to the official builds of 17.1.

Regards, M.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build with April 2024 ASB backports

Hi all,

a new build is available for download and will soon be offered in the Updater app:
    • Custom build release 2024-04-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Mulch Webview 124.0.6367.42
    Happy flashing!
    Regards, M.

EDIT: Sourceforge seems overloaded right now... - please be patient
    Welcome back!

This thread is dedicated to provide Lineage-OS 16.0 builds for the Motorola Moto G 2015 (Osprey) with current security patches.

You can consider this thread as kind of a successor of my LineageOS 14.1 Osprey thread
    Well, and as well also a 'successor' of my LineageOS 17.1 Osprey thread !

Sounds weird? Well, here comes the explanation:
    In May 2020, I have created this thread as a successor of my LineageOS 14.1 builds. Until December 2020, I used to provide two build flavors, one for Standard LineageOS and one with my hardened microG build. From January 2021 onwards, I have provided my hardened microG build flavor with LineageOS 17.1 in above linked thread, whilst I had asked the users of the "Standard" flavor to simply switch to the official LineageOS 17.1 builds. It has turned out, that indeed Android 10 is the boundary, of what can be done with this old device. Especially the hardening measures ask for a stronger hardware, so the builds were "still okay", but not really as agile as the 16.0 builds (especially on an 8GB device). Based on own experience and user feedback in my 17.1 thread, I have finally decided to go back to Android 9 / LineageOS 16.0 - so here we are.

I have decided to re-enable this thread instead of creating a new one, to allow you to better search for any answers and issues.

Until December 2020, There were two build flavors available, both signed (see further below). Both builds have aimed at providing stable and reliable "daily-driver" builds. The last "Standard LineageOS 16.0" build can still be downloaded here - I will however not offer this build flavor any more.

The build flavor, which I offer now again in this thread is my

Security hardened microG build
    The latest build can be downloaded here.
    It is mainly based on the work of chil360 and the main features are:
    • Fork of Hybrid-X kernel with frequently applied security patches
    • Encryption fully functional
    • Enforcing SE Policy
    • OTA support
    • Pre-installed microG and F-Droid like the LineageOS for microG project (own fork)
    • Backported Audio balance (accessibility settings) from Android 10
    • Access to /proc/net blocked for user apps
    • Bundled netmonitor app to allow network monitoring
    • Enhanced Privacy Guard: Switches for motion sensors and other sensors
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking
    • Optional disable captive portal detection
    • Firewall UI
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView Mulch Webview
    • Additional restriction options for secondary users

Current release levels
    Custom build release: 2024-04-01
    Security string: 2022-01-05
    AOSP tag: 9.0.0_r46
    Mulch Webview: M124

Source-code and build instructions
    Kernel: https://github.com/lin16-microg/android_kernel_motorola_msm8916/tree/mse_v1
    Build manifest: https://github.com/lin16-microg/local_manifests

Installation Instructions

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE SOLELY YOURSELF FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU DO WITH YOUR DEVICE !!!

Please note - I won't explain any single aspect (e.g. how to install 'fastboot' on your PC or troubleshoot USB connectivity issues under Windows). Search the net and consult the search engine of your choice or look here in XDA, there is plenty information available.

Pre-Requisites
    • Get familiar with the hardware keys of the Motorola Moto G 2015 (osprey) device, especially how to enter fastboot mode (switch phone off hold power + volume down together for about 3 seconds) and recovery mode (in fastboot mode, switch with volume key to the reboot recovery option and select with power key)
    • Activate the Developer options (Settings, about phone: tap 7 times on the build number), get into the new menu Developer options and activate, if available, the option "OEM unlocking")
    • Have fastboot and adb installed on your PC and make sure, you can connect via USB to your device in fastboot mode and via adb
    • Download the most current .ZIP file of this ROM and place it to your phone's internal memory or SD card
    • Only valid for the "standard build flavor": If you wish to install Google apps (GApps), please refer to the GApps section further below
    • An unlocked bootloader (read the warnings carefully and backup your data!)

Install TWRP recovery
    If you come from stock ROM and have just unlocked your boot loader, this is the next thing to do. If you have already a working custom recovery on your device, there is no necessity to replace it. However - I recommend to use the official TWRP recovery from the TWRP site (recommended to use version 3.4.0 and not the most recent one). The following instructions are based on TWRP.
    To install TWRP, download the TWRP.img file (Note: replace "TWRP.img" in the following instructions with the real file name) from this section to your PC, connect the phone via USB to your PC, get it into 'fastboot mode' and enter the following command on your PC:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
    Afterwards, directly boot into 'recovery mode' (enter fastboot reboot on your PC and use the right hardware keys to get into recovery mode) - I recommend not to boot the phone's Android system after having flashed TWRP. Once TWRP has been launched, you may decide to reboot your phone and install the ROM at any time later. But the first boot after flashing TWRP should be TWRP in recovery mode.

Advanced Wipe
    ONLY perform the steps described here, if you come from Stock ROM or a different Custom ROM!

Boot into recovery mode. In TWRP, choose "Wipe", "Advanced" and spefify "Dalvik", "System", "Cache" and "Data" to be wiped. Make sure NOT to wipe "Internal memory" or "SD Card". Swipe to confirm the deletion and get back into the main menu.

GApps
    DO NOT attempt to flash GApps on the "microG" build variant!
    For the "Standard" variant (if you really want to flash the "historic" build from December 2020), the following applies:
    You do not need to install GApps, but you may wish to do so. In that case, download GApps from here and put the .ZIP also to the SD card or Internal memory of your device. Choose ARM as platform, Android 9.0 and the flavor of your choice. I recommend "pico", as this leaves you the most freedom to only install, what you really need; you can later still install all the Google products you want and do not need to live with pre-installed Google applications you have no use for.
    (To be more precise, I EXPLICITLY DO NOT RECOMMEND any Gapps variant larger than "nano"!)

Install the ROM
    In the TWRP main menu, choose "Install". A file manager appears to let you navigate to your internal memory (path /sdcard) or your SD card (path /external_sd). Choose the .ZIP file of the ROM and swipe to flash.
    If you update from a previous version of the ROM, you don't need to perform a wipe. If you had GApps already installed before the update, there is no need to flash them again. They will be automatically restored during the flash process. (Note: If you wish to get rid of GApps, navigate to TWRP's file manager in the Advanced section of the main menu, go to path /system/addon.d and delete the file 70-gapps.sh, before flashing the ROM update)
    If you come from a different ROM (or stock firmware), make sure that you have performed the Wipe steps above. If you wish to install GApps, select the respective .ZIP file directly afterwards, do not boot into Android before having flashed GApps.
    When finished flashing, return to the main menu, choose "Reboot" and then "System", which will cause your phone to boot into our Lineage OS 16.0 - be patient, the first boot after flashing a new ROM takes quite long!

microG
    Only valid for the "microG" build variant: After the first installation of this ROM, you need to setup microG.
    Please read the instructions given on the LineageOS for microG site, section "Post Install - UnifiedNlp"

Dealing with signed builds
    Please note, that my builds are signed with an own key. When you come from a different build, you cannot directly "dirty-flash" this build. You either have to perform a "clean flash" (recommended), or flash "interim-wise" one of my migration builds.

If you don't want to perform a "clean flash" (which means, you will loose your data), you can work with my prepared "Migration Builds". Simply flash the respective Migration Build flavor (A or B) over your existing build. If you had Gapps before, make sure to also flash the respective Gapps (correct android version!) on top before rebooting and wipe cache and dalvik.
    A migration build resets the package signatures during each boot and thus supports "dirty-flashing" from a different build.
    If you choose to go that path, make sure to immediately perform the OTA update, which will be offered by the Updater app - stay on the migration build as short as possible and UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES install or update any app! (if you e.g. had Gapps installed before, deactivate auto-updates).
    The migration builds are foreseen to support the following scenarios only:
    • My Lineage 14.1 (Nougat) Osprey build variant A => my LineageOS 16.0 standard build >> use migration build A
    • Any Lineage 15.1 (Oreo) LineageOS build => my LineageOS 16.0 standard build >> use migration build A
    • Any Lineage 16.0 (Pie) LineageOS build => my LineageOS 16.0 standard build >> use migration build A
    • My Lineage 14.1 (Nougat) Osprey build variant B or C => my LineageOS 16.0 microG build >> use migration build B
    • One of my previous LineageOS 16.0 microG test builds => my LineageOS 16.0 microG build >> use migration build B
    In case you come from my LineageOS 14.1 Osprey builds, please read the detail migration instructions in this thread.
    Download sources:
    Migration Build A
    Migration Build B

Bug reports:
    If you have a problem please create a post with these information:
    Original Kernel shipped with this rom:
    Build Date:
    And try to get log as described here

Credits
    Android Open Source project (AOSP)
    LineageOS project
    chil360
    squid2
    microG project
    csagan5 (Bromite)
    Whyorean (AuroraStore)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Unofficial][9.0.0][signed]LineageOS 16.0 for Osprey, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    MSe1969
    Source Code: https://github.com/lin16-microg/local_manifests

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2024-04-13

Created 2020-05-06
    Last Updated 2024-04-13

Change Log

April 13th, 2024
    • Custom build release 2024-04-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Mulch Webview 124.0.6367.42
    March 10th, 2024
    • Custom build release 2024-03-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Mulch Webview 122.0.6261.105

February 17th, 2024
    • Custom build release 2024-02-01
    • some kernel patches
    • AuroraStore 4.4.1
    • Mulch Webview 121.0.6167.178

January 14th, 2024
    • Custom build release 2024-01-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Timezone DB 2023 updates
    • Mulch Webview 120.0.6099.210

December 21st, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-12-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Mulch Webview 120.0.6099.115

November 25th, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-11-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Mulch Webview 119.0.6045.163
    • microG and companion (aka Fake>Store) 0.3.0.233515

October 24th, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-10-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Mulch Webview 118.0.5993.80
    • AuroraStore 4.3.5
    • FDroid 1.18.0
    • Fixes for CVE-2023-4863 and CVE-2023-5217
    • microG 0.2.29.233013

September 16th, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-09-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Mulch Webview 117.0.5938.60
    • AuroraStore 4.3.1
    • Slightly hardened GPS configuration
    • Updated CA-Certificates

August 17th, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-08-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Mulch Webview 116.0.5845.92

July 12th, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-07-01
    • some kernel patches
    • Mulch Webview 114.0.5735.196
    • microG 0.2.28.231657 - "original" included

June 20th, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-06-01
    • Mulch Webview 114.0.5735.131
    • microG 0.2.28.231657
    • AuroraStore 4.2.3

May 12th, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-05-01
    • Mulch Webview 113.0.5672.77

April 21st, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-04-01
    • Mulch Webview 112.0.5615.101

March 22nd, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-03-01
    • Bromite Webview replaced by Mulch Webview 111.0.5563.58

February 21st, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-02-01
    • microG on 0.2.27.223616-3
    • Spoof apps installed by G*PlayStore

January 8th, 2023
    • Custom build release 2023-01-01
    • microG 0.2.26.223616-16

December 12th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-12-01
    • Bromite Webview 108.0.5359.106
    • microG 0.2.26.223616-2

November 14th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-11-01
    • Bromite Webview 106.0.5249.163
    • microG 0.2.25.223616-10
    • F-Droid 1.15.3
    • Timezone data updated to 2022f

October 13th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-10-01
    • Bromite Webview 105.0.5195.147
    • microG 0.2.24.223616-61
    • APN configurations updated

September 11th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-09-01
    • Many kernel patches
    • Bromite Webview updated to 104.0.5112.91
    • microG 0.2.24.214816-30
    • Contacts app slightly 'de-Googled'

August 12th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-08-01
    • Bromite Webview updated to 103.0.5060.140

July 16th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-07-01

June 16th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-06-01
    • Some kernel patches
    • Bromite Webview on 102.0.5005.96
    • microG updated to 0.2.24.214816-11
    • F-Droid 1.15.2

May 9th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-05-01
    • Some kernel patches
    • Bromite Webview on 101.0.4951.53
    • microG updated to 0.2.24.214816-10
    • Mozilla Location provider on 1.5.0
    • F-Droid 1.15

April 15th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-04-01
    • Bromite System Webview updated to 100.0.4896.57

March 17th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-03-01
    • Bromite System Webview updated to 99.0.4844.58
    • microG 0.2.24.214816-2
    • AuroraStore 4.1.1

February 19th, 2022
    • Custom build release 2022-02-01
    • F-Droid updated to 1.14, F-Droid privileged extension to 0.2.13
    • Bromite System Webview updated to 97.0.4692.106
    • microG updated to 0.2.24.214816-2

January 22nd, 2022
    • ASB Security string 2022-01-05
    • Some kernel patches
    • Backported Audio balance (accessibility settings) from Android 10

December 26th, 2021
    • Relaunch of LineageOS 16.0 microG builds
    • ASB Security string 2021-12-05
    • Bromite Webview 96.0.4664.54
    • microG 0.22.214516-21
    • F-Droid 1.13
    • Many kernel sec. patches
    • Updated DRM blobs

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    December 18th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-12-05
    • System Webview 87.0.4280.101 (Standard variant)
    • Bromite Webview 87.0.4280.106 (microG build variant)
    • Updated microG from upstream to 0.2.14.204215-15 (picked until 720b089)
    • F-Droid updated to 1.10-alpha1-114 (microG build variant)

November 14th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-11-05
    • Additional Fix for CVE-2020-15999
    • Fix of AOSP E-Mail widget
    • System Webview 86.0.4240.185 (Standard variant)
    • Bromite Webview 86.0.4240.181 (microG build variant)
    • Updated microG with fixes in GCM and EN API (microG build variant)
    • Replaced weak F-Droid signatures with ROM's V2 signatures (microG build variant)

October 13th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-10-05
    • Bromite Webview 86.0.4240.73 (microG build variant)
    • microG 0.2.12.203315 - including "Exposure notification API" for use of Covid tracing apps (microG build variant)
    • Additional hardening: bionic and constified JNI method tables (microG build variant)

September 13th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-09-05
    • Kernel: Wireguard tag v1.0.20200908
    • System Webview 85.0.4183.101 (Standard build variant)
    • Bromite Webview 85.0.4183.86 (microG build variant)
    • Added eSpeak TTS engine (microG build variant)

August 10th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-08-05
    • Kernel: Wireguard tag v1.0.20200729
    • System Webview 84.0.4147.89 (Standard build variant)
    • Bromite Webview 84.0.4147.113 (microG build variant)
    • Location of the firewall functionality moved to Network > Data usage in Settings (microG build variant)

July 12th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-07-05
    • Kernel: Wireguard tag v1.0.20200623
    • microG: updated prebuilt GmsCore fom /e/ project to fix FCM registration issues (microG build variant)
    • F-Droid updated to 1.8 / F-Droid privileged extension updated to 0.2.11 (microG build variant)
    • Aurorastore updated to 3.2.9 / AuroraServices updated to 1.0.6 (microG build variant)

June 10th, 2020
    • ASB Security string 2020-06-05
    • Kernel: Wireguard tag v1.0.20200520
    • Disabled NearbyMessagingService and DiscoveryService (only relevant, if genuine Gapps are used) to improve WiFi performance, when BT is used
    • System Webview on 81.0.4044.138 (Standard build variant)
    • Bromite Webview on 83.0.4103.101 (microG build variant)
    • Sepolicy: Netmonitor exception f. "Tracker Control" app (microG build variant)

May 6th, 2020
    Initial feature list:
    • OTA Support
    • Enforcing SELinux
    • Forked Hybrid-X kernel with native Wireguard support and current sec. patches
    • System Webview on 81.0.4044.117 (Standard Build)
    • Below listed initial features apply to the "microG" build variant:
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore (Version 3.2.8) with AuroraServices 1.0.5
    • Access to /proc/net blocked for user apps
    • Bundled netmonitor app to allow network monitoring
    • Enhanced Privacy Guard: Switches for motion sensors and other sensors
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking
    • Optional disable captive portal detection
    • Firewall UI
    • No submission of IMSI/IMEI to Google when GPS is in use
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView 81.0.4044.127
    • Additional restrictions for secondary users
    • Increased password length
    Detail features of "microG" build flavor

1. Pre-installed microG and F-Droid
    same as the LineageOS for microG project

2. Pre-installed AuroraStore
    works w/o having to enable the "unknown sources feature"

3. Restrict access to /proc/net for user apps
    An adapted SELinux policy prevents user apps from accessing the /proc/net pseudo file system, which can be misused to monitor and track the phone's internet traffic. For technical backgrounds, see here. For the legitimate use case of the smart phone owner him/herself monitoring the network traffic to see, what the installed apps do, the app Privacy-Friendly Network Monitor has been bundled.

4. Enhanced Privacy Guard - Sensor permission switches
    An own sensor template to control access to motion sensors ('ask' mode) and all other sensors (allowed by default, but can be restricted) has been implemented into the Privacy Guard.

5. Cloudflare (instead of Google) default DNS
    Cloudflare DNS has a better privacy policy than Google Public DNS and has DNS-over-TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS. In the deafult DNS settings (as fallback) and network diagnostics, the Cloudflare DNS adresses 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 are specified as defaults (instead of Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

6. Privacy-preferred default settings
    When newly installed, the below settings are defaulted, different from standard LineageOS 16.0 (all settings can be changed at any time later):
    • Privacy Guard is enabled on install (proposal during Setup)
    • Anonymous LineageOS statistics disabled (proposal during Setup)
    • The standard browsing app does not get the location runtime permission automatically assigned
    • Sensitive information is hidden on the lock screen
    • Camera app: Location tagging disabled by default
    Further, when a lock screen protection is set (PIN, pattern, password), the Nfc, Hotspot and airplane mode tiles require authentication and cannot be set without

7. Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking
    Settings => Network & Internet (scroll down)
    When activated, all outgoing connection attempts to Facebook servers will be suppressed.
    Same applies to Google, but certain apps on an internal exception list will still be able to connect (AuroraStore, microG, or e.g. NewPipe, if installed)

8. Optional disable captive portal detection
    Settings => Network & Internet (scroll down)
    When activated, the system will not ping a specific Google server any longer when establishing a WiFi connection to determine, whether a captive portal is being used.

9. No submission of IMSI or phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
    GPS also works fine, if no SIM card is present, so there obviously is no benefit for the phone holder (different from other involved parties :rolleyes:) to provide this data . . .

10. Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    The system's hosts file redirects a comprehensive list of URLs known to be adware, tracking, etc. to 127.0.0.1 (ipv4) and ::1 (ipv6)

11. Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    Instead of the default Chromium System Webview component, the Bromite SystemWebView is used offering more privacy, more ad blocking and less Google tracking.

12. Firewall UI
    Settings => Security & Location - Firewall
    Lists all apps and allows to restrict Internet access per app in regards to WiFi, mobile network or VPN
    This per-app feature is a standard feature in LineageOS, but the UI to show all apps is an Extra (taken from a topic in LineageOS's Gerrit - it may, or may not, become part of the official LineageOS one day)

13. Maximum password length increased to 64

14. Additional restriction options for secondary users
    - Disallow app installation option
    - Disallow audio recording option

15. Miscellaneous hardening
    - hardened bionic lib
    - constified JNI method tables
    New builds with June 2020 ASB

Hi all,
    new builds with June 2020 sec. patches are available for download - they will also be offered for OTA update by the updater app within the next 30 minutes:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...0200610-UNOFFICIAL-signed-osprey.zip/download
    • Sec. string 2020-06-05
    • System Webview on 81.0.4044.138
    • Disabled NearbyMessagingService and DiscoveryService (only relevant, if genuine Gapps are used) to improve WiFi performance, when BT is used

• Sec. string 2020-06-05
    • Bromite Webview on 83.0.4103.101
    • Sepolicy: Netmonitor exception f. "Tracker Control" app (microG build variant)

Note:
    This month, no platform patches have been applied (only kernel has been updated with many sec. patches):
    The AOSP tag android-9.0.0_r56, which was merged already in May, did already contain all patches, which were pushed again by Google in tag android-9.0.0_r57, which represents the June 2020 ASB.
    New builds with July 2020 ASB patches

Hi all,
    new builds are up and will soon be offered also as OTA update:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/li...0200712-UNOFFICIAL-signed-osprey.zip/download

• microG: updated prebuilt GmsCore fom /e/ project to fix FCM registration issues (fixes also the delay with Signal messenger)
    • F-Droid updated to 1.8 / F-Droid privileged extension updated to 0.2.11
    • Aurorastore updated to 3.2.9 / AuroraServices updated to 1.0.6

Happy flashing - cheers, M.