[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0.0][mido] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

SubwayLine5

Sep 13, 2017
Anyone tried port of LiveWallpapers 18 on Anderson's build from 20190422? How's it working, if so. I'm experiencing very poor performance with such combination.

greenys'

Dec 15, 2014
Sümeg/Csepel
Whats the difference between @Aryan Kedare and @anderson mendes LOS16 builds?
According to rumors and my knowledge Aryan Kedare dropped updating the Lineage OS 16 builds thus Anderson Mednes took on it so that's why it is named unofficial here.

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

A few but to me very important questions.
Can we set notification light strength in LOS 16 like in previous LOS 15.1 builds? Does wifi hotspot file transfer work in LOS 16? I got tired of plugging in usb to transfer my files to phone. Via wifi file transfer I it's much easier and faster than any other file host like drive or one drive. The reason I rolled back to LOS 15.1 from Pie roms that they were missing notification light strength customisation and wifi hotspot file transfer. Not to mention that wakeup delay is annoying and still present even though one year has passed since initial Android 9 release. Even with "liblinx kind of wakeup delay fix hack" It's still noticeable and slower than 8.1 oreo.

pvabel

Jan 2, 2019
A few but to me very important questions.
Can we set notification light strength in LOS 16 like in previous LOS 15.1 builds? Does wifi hotspot file transfer work in LOS 16? I got tired of plugging in usb to transfer my files to phone. Via wifi file transfer I it's much easier and faster than any other file host like drive or one drive. The reason I rolled back to LOS 15.1 from Pie roms that they were missing notification light strength customisation and wifi hotspot file transfer. Not to mention that wakeup delay is annoying and still present even though one year has passed since initial Android 9 release. Even with "liblinx kind of wakeup delay fix hack" It's still noticeable and slower than 8.1 oreo.

I cannot remember seeing a notification light strength setting since like 4.3, so cannot answer that one
As for file transfer over wifi/hotspot I personally use TotalCommander WiFi plugin, and never seen a built-in option

What are you talking about Aryan Kedare has a separate thread for his builds here.

We are on XDA. People are lazy to actually check things, and if someone posts strange rumors without any backing, 90% of the users will handle them as facts

greenys'

Dec 15, 2014
Sümeg/Csepel
What are you talking about Aryan Kedare has a separate thread for his builds here.
Now that I didn't know. Appreciated info.

I cannot remember seeing a notification light strength setting since like 4.3, so cannot answer that one
As for file transfer over wifi/hotspot I personally use TotalCommander WiFi plugin, and never seen a built-in option

We are on XDA. People are lazy to actually check things, and if someone posts strange rumors without any backing, 90% of the users will handle them as facts
Thanks a lot. I'll check tcmd with it's wifi plugin.

Reactions: vaggdou

greenys'

Dec 15, 2014
Sümeg/Csepel
that leaves the question of difference between to ROMs even more open... after 1,5 years and officially no more updates I am willing to ditch MIUI in favour of LOS and it seems this and the @Aryan Kedare builds are my options
After 3 days of getting my mido I ditched MIUI. Till the bootloader unlock wait time lasted I didn't even touch my phone I was so annoyed with miui and it's aggressive memory management methods. No matter how I tweaked, disabled optimizations it still wouldn't let me multitask. That and miui's problem with custom kernels made me leave it so soon. I can only recommend LOS. Be it 15.1 or 16.

Reactions: pvabel

pvabel

Jan 2, 2019
After 3 days of getting my mido I ditched MIUI. Till the bootloader unlock wait time lasted I didn't even touch my phone I was so annoyed with miui and it's aggressive memory management methods. No matter how I tweaked, disabled optimizations it still wouldn't let me multitask. That and miui's problem with custom kernels made me leave it so soon. I can only recommend LOS. Be it 15.1 or 16.

^^ This. It even killed my VPN connections as soon as I switched apps

Reactions: greenys'

mixnfxxx

Oct 20, 2017
I know data consumes a lot of battery.. But mine in consuming a lot and heating a lot. Even if im not using my phone.. But with data turned on. Any fix?

pvabel

Jan 2, 2019
For those that are suffering from Wi-Fi speed dropping with Bluetooth enabled. Could you answer a few questions if you can.

EDIT:
No need of answers,
Apparently @crok.bic answered our questions with this post.

The SOC's documentation can be found here

so basically everyone who claimed that it's not a ROM-specific issue but how things are supposed to work on this hardware was correct

razibrizal

Oct 30, 2015
Banjarbaru
Yes, correct. I still face that issue (net drops on wifi+bluetooth activated) on my Redmi note 5 pro whyred running stock miui). So, it does not has any relation with the custom rom.
but you know, nougat rom doesnt have that problem, because i use mi band with nougat rom before and no issue, after using oreo and pie wifi speed become really slow

Dharmik Jain

Feb 23, 2015
@abhishek987 Why this thread is not closed if this rom is not maintained or not updated anymore. I mean why to confuse people when there is another new los 16 roms are available by different developers for redmi note 4. I'm just asking the reason politely...............
Any one can tell me what should be done with this thread as the rom is not maintained anymore.

Walden0

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 24, 2018
Jabalpur
but you know, nougat rom doesnt have that problem, because i use mi band with nougat rom before and no issue, after using oreo and pie wifi speed become really slow
Maybe because it got optinized by tweaking the build. prop as can be seen in the thread LilBlinx posted. I could have misinterpreted it though.

SubwayLine5

Sep 13, 2017
@abhishek987 Why this thread is not closed if this rom is not maintained or not updated anymore. I mean why to confuse people when there is another new los 16 roms are available by different developers for redmi note 4. I'm just asking the reason politely...............
Any one can tell me what should be done with this thread as the rom is not maintained anymore.

What was the point of making another thread of unofficial LOS in the first place? That's the only thing that confuses me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • IR Blaster
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte

Known issues:
    • Encryption

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0.0][mido] LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    abhishek987
    Source Code: https://github.com/TheScarastic/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8953/commits/lineage-15.0

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2018-08-17

Created 2018-08-17
    Last Updated 2018-10-03
    Time for quick update :p

Changelog
    • Fixed hotspot
    • Fixed usb tethering
    • Fixed goodix enroll issue
    • Lineage upstream

As usual links are updated in op enjoy
    Hi,
    In this build all sources are synced to 12.12.2018, latest device trees from tissot and daisy thanks to zeelog. Updated IPACM, data-ipa-cfg-mgr, GPS to latest CAF tag. Used the latest tags for hardware/qcom repos. Kernel is updated to latest linux version, CAF tag and prima tag. The display delays should be fixed on gt9xx displays. Post your feedback as a reply to this post.

I will update my github repos as soon as I can

lineage-16.0-20181212-UNOFFICIAL-mido.zip
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone