[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] BlissRom for Moto G4/G4 Plus

G

GuestK00473

team bliss is pleased to present to you
bliss rom based on Android 9 Pie

Our focus is to bring the Open Source community a quality OS that can run on all your devices as a daily driver, syncing your apps + settings + customizations across all platforms you run Bliss on.​
Bliss ROMs comes with a wide selection of customization options from around the Android community as well as unique options developed by our team. With so many options available, you’ll find it hard not to enjoy the Blissful experience.​

Notice

The OP and most recent discussions will generally help to answer any questions you will encounter. If not, we will do our best to answer your questions & concerns as soon as possible.​
We will also simply direct you to the OP if the answer is contained there. We encourage community minded interactions: users helping fellow users allows Team Bliss to focus on the work involved to make things Blissful.​
Please do not ask for ETA's​
We will not tolerate any rudeness or anyone being disrespectful in this thread.​

Bliss Source

Device Source

Kernel Source

Vendor Source

OpenGApps Pico

Bliss Unofficial Downloads

Team Bliss is not responsible in any way for anything that happens to your device in the process of installing
Please familiarize yourself with flashing and custom rom use before attempting to flash the rom.​

Make sure you are rooted​
Make sure you have a custom recovery installed(TWRP is the preferred recovery)​
Download the latest Bliss Rom & the latest GApps package​
Boot into recovery​
Backup your current ROM(Optional of course!)​
Backup EFS(VERY IMPORTANT, UNLESS YOU WANT IMEI LOSS)​
Perform a FULL factory wipe and wipe/system and dalvik cache as a precaution​
Flash Bliss Rom​
Flash Google Apps package​
Flash Magisk Root​
First boot may take up to 10 minutes.​

Flashlight toggle broken (who cares about this? just use chopchop)​

If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you, TeamBliss and me quite some time.​

Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.​
There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.​
After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.​
Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.​
As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.​
Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the thread with a brief description of the error.​

@Lyuu
@Jackeagle @electrikjesus @rfwaterspf1 @Makaveli_da_dev @ElfinJNoty @BitOBSessiOn @customworx
@nilac @sixohtew @aclegg2011 @Roger.T @T.M.Wrath @kanttii @rev3nt3ch @techfreak243 @SuperDroidBond @USA_RedDragon @bcrichster
@deadmanxXD @krittin98 @BlackScorpion @techexhibeo @droidbot @siphonay @pacer456 @nitin1438 @theGeekyLad @kunalshah912 @regalstreak @lordarcadius
A huge thanks to Chainfire, CM/LineageOS, Android-x86, Jide, @farmerbb & all the other developers who work hard to keep all the great features coming!​
We really appreciate all your knowledge & hard work!​

Team Bliss aims to develop and maintain various OS & software projects for educational and the Android community building purposes. Team membership consist of and provides:​
training, development opportunities, design opportunities, build servers, download servers, design & development software,as well as professionals and mentors in all fields revolving around Android development.​
If someone wants to donate, please do so via this PayPal link:​

Website

Telegram Communities
https://t.me/blissx86[/CENTER]

Official Platform Links

Thank you for using Bliss! And as always: #StayBlissful

XDA:DevDB Information
BlissRom, ROM for the Moto G4 Plus

Contributors
bengris32, Lyuu
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2018-11-07
Last Updated 2018-11-23​

Last edited:

StevenFernandes

Oct 29, 2015
Cansaulim
hotspot is showing on in my moto g4 but not showing as wifi in other devices.
Same here

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Cannot upload logs:crying:. Always get a bad request error
I don't know if i did this right bt still, here r the logs of this issue

Attachments

sixohtew

Jul 17, 2012
phoenix
If you guys are having issues, in the OP there is a very detailed guide on how to provide a log cat. I tested this on the Moto g4 athene and it works perfectly. You all must understand when you have a device that is completely customizable from the color of the phone to the stock "hello Moto 'person'" you must realize every g4 is different and some features might work on the OP's phone (and mine) but may not work on yours...remember this is a 32bit AND a 64bit phone...logcats are necessary to the developer to see if he can fix the problem if he can reproduce it

usama251993

Jun 24, 2017
Thane
Some concerns as below, would be really thankful if they are fixed in upcoming builds:
1. No volume toggle QS shortcut
2. WhatsApp camera: turns on but cannot capture photos (I have already flashed MotoCam 2 which works great) (tried attaching logs, got a Bad Request Error)
3. Snapchat login failure (Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. If your login continues to fail, please visit ...) (Googled about it, perhaps a Snapchat behaviour for rooted phones)

Nevertheless issues, I'd exclusively mention that the ROM is very clean, surprisingly fast (compared to other Athene Pie ROMs), very stable (been using since 5 days and did not experience any random reboot), battery performance is maximum ever experienced and remarkably good One Hand Mode

Last edited:

sixohtew

Jul 17, 2012
phoenix
Glad you're doing well! With Snapchat you should do 2 things if you have magisk installed... One: go to magisk/magisk hide and hide Snapchat, second: go to magisk settings and click hide magisk manager. Snapchat should work again after that... That's what I had to do with Pokemon go because just hiding the app doesn't stop it from looking for magisk as an app and if it sees it, it will refuse to work, hiding magisk manager will fix that

sudoxd

Jan 16, 2017
Adelaide
sudoxd.xyz
Some concerns as below, would be really thankful if they are fixed in upcoming builds:
1. No volume toggle QS shortcut
2. WhatsApp camera: turns on but cannot capture photos (I have already flashed MotoCam 2 which works great) (tried attaching logs, got a Bad Request Error)
3. Snapchat login failure (Your login temporarily failed, so please try again later. If your login continues to fail, please visit ...) (Googled about it, perhaps a Snapchat behaviour for rooted phones)

Nevertheless issues, I'd exclusively mention that the ROM is very clean, surprisingly fast (compared to other Athene Pie ROMs), very stable (been using since 5 days and did not experience any random reboot), battery performance is maximum ever experienced and remarkably good One Hand Mode
The snapchat failure has to do with safteynet, use magisk rook to be able to hide the root from snapchat