• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy J4+ & J6+ [j4primelte & j6primelte]

Search This thread

ataberkozen

Oct 14, 2016
Adana
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy J4+ & J6+ [j4primelte & j6primelte]

http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • GPS
  • NFC
  • Fingerprint on J6+
  • Sim slots
  • Flashlight
  • Mobicore keystore

Known issues:
  • VoLTE
  • Selinux is permissive

Instructions :
  • If you're on oreo, flash OneUI latest.
  • Download the latest build.
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build.
  • Optional: Flash GApps for Google Services and Magisk for root.
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Sources :

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy J4+/J6+ [j4primelte & j6primelte], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J4+

Contributors
ataberkozen
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: Pie, OneUI
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-01-29
Current Beta Version: 1.0
Beta Release Date: 2019-06-26

Created 2019-06-25
Last Updated 2020-01-29

Last edited:

ataberkozen

Oct 14, 2016
Adana
Changelogs :
Stable version 1 - 29/01/2020 :
  • Now we are building vendor too. Goodbye OneUI vendor.
  • Happy news to J6+ users: my builds are now supporting j6primelte.
  • NFC is fixed on NFC variants.
  • Keystore is now fixed and got rid of aosp's software implementation. You don't need any hacks or tricks to make it work on GSIs.
  • SIM count detection added, single sim users won't have annoying second sim.
  • Previous build had dead flashlight sometimes. Fixed.
  • Removed Samsung's bloatwares.
  • RIL working delay after boot fixed.
  • And so much more that I did in past couple of months that I don't remember.

Public Beta 4 - 18/08/2019 :
  • MTP totally fixed.
  • Added FM Radio.
  • NFC should work now on FN users (Current device I have isn't NFC variant. I am not sure).

Public Beta 3 - 27/06/2019 :
  • Added USB and Bluetooth tethering.

Public Beta 2 - 26/06/2019 :
  • Lockscreen password fixed.
  • Audio on camcorder(video recording) fixed.
  • Autobrightness fixed.
  • Hotspot fixed.
  • MTP fixed.
  • Second SIM Slot fixed.

Public Beta 1 - 25/06/2019 :
  • First release.

Thanks to abhishek987 for thread template.

Last edited:

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
Wow just wanna say thanks for this. But based on this sentence by you: "If you're on oreo, flash OneUI latest."

Does it mean that we need to upgrade it to Samsung Android Pie first?

rudi021

Nov 23, 2014
Split
New update released. Enjoy.
hi ataberkozen.i must say thank you for this rom.i flash it today and is boot and all work. i have few questions if i may. in your device tree is write that architeture is armv7-a-neon,but when i compile rom then is warning about a53 is armv8-a-neon(not error just warning).,thats ok,i add line for armv8-a-neon and now is ok. then no vendorsetup.sh in device tree.dont be mad is just observation from my side.btw thank you very much for device tree,vendor tree and kernel for this device.:good: btw for people who want flash this device do as: Must be on pie;when flash twrp go to format data,write yes,go to advance wipe and wipe dalvik,cache,system,data;then Flash RMM Bypass and forceencrypt disabler and then flash rom and magisk.reboot.as i hate gapps i dont flash it.once again thanks on rom and other stuff and your hard work.:eek:

Geckyn

Jun 6, 2018
hi ataberkozen.i must say thank you for this rom.i flash it today and is boot and all work. i have few questions if i may. in your device tree is write that architeture is armv7-a-neon,but when i compile rom then is warning about a53 is armv8-a-neon(not error just warning).,thats ok,i add line for armv8-a-neon and now is ok. then no vendorsetup.sh in device tree.dont be mad is just observation from my side.btw thank you very much for device tree,vendor tree and kernel for this device.:good: btw for people who want flash this device do as: Must be on pie;when flash twrp go to format data,write yes,go to advance wipe and wipe dalvik,cache,system,data;then Flash RMM Bypass and forceencrypt disabler and then flash rom and magisk.reboot.as i hate gapps i dont flash it.once again thanks on rom and other stuff and your hard work.:eek:

Are you also building a ROM?

Necrosis Virus

Nov 25, 2017

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • GPS

Known issues:
  • VoLTE
  • Selinux is permissive

Instructions :
  • Flash RMM Bypass and forceencrypt disabler from TWRP thread.
  • Download the latest build and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and GApps
  • Optional: Flash magisk for root.
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Sources :

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy J4+ [j4primelte], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J4+

Contributors
ataberkozen

Version Information

Created 2019-06-26
Last Updated 2019-06-25

I tried to flash this on my SM-J415GN . It says on TWRP. "Size of image is larger than target device." How do i fix this? Thank you.

edit. I'm just dumb so uh nvm this. Lol

Last edited:

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
Some notes and bugs encountered by me on J415F:

1) No face unlock option even after flashing GApps. Workaround: use other screen lock method
2) SIM 2 will be named as 'CARD 2' instead of its real name on many occasions. Workaround: Change your SIM 2 name manually from Settings -> Network & internet -> SIM Cards -> SIM slot 2. This may happen because your SIM carrier is unrecognized by Android
3) Samsung Pay and Samsung Max are there. Workaround: Remove the APKs manually using File Manager that supports root feature. They are located inside ./odm/app
4) If Android cant 'sign in to network' on SIM 1. It will display an error referring to SIM 2's name. It will also use mobile data from SIM 2 instead (pic 1, pic 2). No workaround
5) Bluelight filter not working (won't change settings). Workaround: Use 3rd party app to filter it (such as CF.Lumen)
6) Saved screenshot shows a blank preview image (on notification list). No workaround
7) Removing system apps cause bootloop. Workaround: Just disable it or use ADB to uninstall it instead (current user only)
8) MTP/PTP still not working, will show an error when copying files. Workaround: Use 3rd party file sharing apps like ShareIt or AirMore
9) Download manager is buggy, taking long time or failed to download something (for example Magisk module), or download file with strange name (instead of its real name on Jelly browser). Workaround: Restart the device at least once or use other browser like Chrome or Firefox (Lite)
10) 'Files' app shows an error when renaming file (but it actually works). No workaround
11) Bluetooth keeps stoping when accessed/enabled by apps (example: Google Play Games). No workaround?
12) When setting navigation bar to compact mode (or other mode), the 'change rotation' button (if you don't use auto rotate) will appear behind/on top of/in the middle of other navigation buttons. Workaround: Use the default one or use 'Gesture' navigation bar instead. This may happen if you change your screen 'Display size' (aka DPI) from Settings -> Display
13) Changing navigation bar to lefty/righty may cause the navigation bar to disappear. Workaround: Reboot the device at least once or use the same workaround as above
14) Changing home screen wallpaper will also change lock screen wallpaper and using custom image as wallpaper will cause the default 'Wallpaper' app to crash. Workaround: Use other app to change wallpaper (such as Google Wallpaper app)
15) Lock screen message does not appear, although emergency message/info works fine. Workaround: Change it and save it again (for the second time), if the problem stays reboot the device at least once
16) Keyboard will not appear on some conditions (like when writing app review on Play Store) and cause heavy lag or screen blinking. Workaround: Press home button and kill the 'hanging' app. Install alternative keyboard (such as G-Board or Simple Keyboard)
17) Changing accent color (from Settings -> Display -> Style) will not change 'Trebuchet' launcher accent color. Workaround: Change it to other color and save it again. If the problem persist force stop the launcher or reboot the device
18) 'Trebuchet' launcher is using light theme even after I change the system style color to Dark/AMOLED. Workaround: Change your wallpaper to a darker one
19) Notifications are still on white color even after I change the system style color to Dark/AMOLED. Workaround: Use 3rd party theming app (such as Substratum) or Xposed module or whatever
20) Signal bar is empty on both SIMs but mobile data, SMS, and phone work fine. No workaround?
21) Some apps notifications (like Messaging app) will be delayed or not showing up at all if 'Do no disturb' mode is activated. Workaround: Check it manually, of course
22) Minor UI bugs here and there that doesn't affect anything (maybe also DPI related issue) (pic 1, pic 2, pic 3). No workaround?

Some of this may be features/limitations of AOSP and LineageOS, not actually bugs. Tested on beta 3 release, will always update this post once I found new bugs. Thanks for the ROM by the way. Cheers :)

Last edited:

ataberkozen

Oct 14, 2016
Adana
1) No face unlock option even after flashing GApps. Workaround: use other screen lock method
2) SIM 2 will be named as 'CARD 2' instead of its real name on many occasions. Workaround: Change your SIM 2 name manually from Settings -> Network & internet -> SIM Cards -> SIM slot 2. This may happen because your SIM carrier is unrecognized by Android
3) Samsung Pay and Samsung Max are there. Workaround: Remove the APKs manually using File Manager that supports root feature. They are located inside ./odm/app
4) If Android cant 'sign in to network' on SIM 1. It will display an error referring to SIM 2's name. It will also use mobile data from SIM 2 instead (pic 1, pic 2). No workaround
5) Bluelight filter not working (won't change settings). Workaround: Use 3rd party app to filter it (such as CF.Lumen)
6) Saved screenshot shows a blank preview image (on notification list). No workaround
7) Removing system apps cause bootloop. Workaround: Just disable it or use ADB to uninstall it instead (current user only)
8) MTP/PTP still not working, will show an error when copying files. Workaround: Use 3rd party file sharing apps like ShareIt or AirMore
9) Download manager is buggy, taking long time or failed to download something (for example Magisk module), or download file with strange name (instead of its real name on Jelly browser). Workaround: Restart the device at least once or use other browser like Chrome or Firefox (Lite)
10) 'Files' app shows an error when renaming file (but it actually works). No workaround
11) Bluetooth keeps stoping when accessed/enabled by apps (example: Google Play Games). No workaround?
12) When setting navigation bar to compact mode (or other mode), the 'change rotation' button (if you don't use auto rotate) will appear behind/on top of/in the middle of other navigation buttons. Workaround: Use the default one or use 'Gesture' navigation bar instead. This may happen if you change your screen 'Display size' (aka DPI) from Settings -> Display
13) Changing navigation bar to lefty/righty may cause the navigation bar to disappear. Workaround: Reboot the device at least once or use the same workaround as above
14) Changing home screen wallpaper will also change lock screen wallpaper and using custom image as wallpaper will cause the default 'Wallpaper' app to crash. Workaround: Use other app to change wallpaper (such as Google Wallpaper app)
15) Lock screen message does not appear, although emergency message/info works fine. Workaround: Change it and save it again (for the second time), if the problem stays reboot the device at least once
16) Keyboard will not appear on some conditions (like when writing app review on Play Store) and cause heavy lag or screen blinking. Workaround: Press home button and kill the 'hanging' app. Install alternative keyboard (such as G-Board or Simple Keyboard)
17) Changing accent color (from Settings -> Display -> Style) will not change 'Trebuchet' launcher accent color. Workaround: Change it to other color and save it again. If the problem persist force stop the launcher or reboot the device
18) 'Trebuchet' launcher is using light theme even after I change the system style color to Dark/AMOLED. Workaround: Change your wallpaper to a darker one
19) Notifications are still on white color even after I change the system style color to Dark/AMOLED. Workaround: Use 3rd party theming app (such as Substratum) or Xposed module or whatever
20) Signal bar is empty on both SIMs but mobile data, SMS, and phone work fine. No workaround?
21) Some apps notifications (like Messaging app) will be delayed or not showing up at all if 'Do no disturb' mode is activated. Workaround: Check it manually, of course
22) Minor UI bugs here and there that doesn't affect anything (maybe also DPI related issue) (pic 1, pic 2, pic 3). No workaround?

Some of this may be features/limitations of AOSP and LineageOS, not actually bugs. Tested on beta 3 release, will always update this post once I found new bugs. Thanks for the ROM by the way. Cheers :)

1-) OpenGApps telegram group aware of this problem, wait for them.
2-) Prepaid doesn't show for me too, but others shows.
3-) I'll disable it later.
4-) Send logs from telegram.
5-) I forgot to add lineage livedisplay while creating tree. I'll add next update.
6-) SkiaGL problematic on sd425, 425 phones are using opengl. I had to choose between fixing lags and other ui problems or working screenshot. I choose first one.
7-) You said yourself, removing system apps causes bootloop.
:cool: I'll fix it later.
9-) IDK is it problem or not but i am pretty sure isn't bcz of me.
10-) Same 9.
11-) I didn't faced problem while sending mp3, but if u you can send logs i'll check.
12-) Not my problem.
13-) Not bcz of me.
14-) I didn't faced but it's app bug really not my problem.
15-) Not my problem 2.
16-) You said yourself install gboard.
17-) Accent colors is overlay based. Bug isn't from my side.
1:cool: App feature missing or buggy. Idk java I cannot fix.
19-) It's not problem by me, even official devices same.
20-) I am aware of this problem. I need to find a way to change it to rssi.
21-) Isn't this point of DND ? I am busy don't send me any notifications ?
22-) Set ro.lcd.density to 280 with build.prop editor and report back.

Andhika24kd

Jan 28, 2017
Jakarta
Sorry I'm quiet busy nowadays (and I'm sure you are). I will upload the log (you mean logcat, right?) when I have time. Yeah, some of these bugs are actually features on AOSP/LineageOS, I'm just informing other users in case it's their first time switching from Samsung ROM to LineageOS or AOSP based ROM.

11) I didn't use the Bluetooth directly, Google Play Games used it to find a match with nearby player on the game "Bowmasters", will send logcat later.
16) Installing Gboard doesn't help, I already tried that 3-4 days ago.
19) Yes, I'm just informing the others in case they never tried LineageOS/AOSP before. However some unofficial LineageOS have that. Of course I'm not asking you to make/merge it, I don't care about themes.
22) Setting it to 280 doesn't help so far, but I think I need more time to see if it works or not.

breversa

Mar 21, 2012
LG G4
Fairphone 2
Awesome work, @ataberkozen ! I can't wait ! :)

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

I fixed it yesterday, a new update expected today. Yes you can flash dirty.

Now that's weird… I installed lineage-16.0-20190627-UNOFFICIAL-j4primelte while waiting for your new build, but MTP works without problem… I'm confused ! ^^

However, I can't connect to any hidden wifi. Seems to be an Android 9 issue though, as I encountered the same issue earlier today with another Android 9 ROM*: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79888858&postcount=10

ataberkozen

Oct 14, 2016
Adana
Awesome work, @ataberkozen ! I can't wait ! :)

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Now that's weird… I installed lineage-16.0-20190627-UNOFFICIAL-j4primelte while waiting for your new build, but MTP works without problem… I'm confused ! ^^

However, I can't connect to any hidden wifi. Seems to be an Android 9 issue though, as I encountered the same issue earlier today with another Android 9 ROM*: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79888858&postcount=10

MTP fails while copying from phone to pc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     */

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint on J6+
    • Sim slots
    • Flashlight
    • Mobicore keystore

Known issues:
    • VoLTE
    • Selinux is permissive

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build.
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build.
    • Optional: Flash GApps for Google Services and Magisk for root.
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Sources :

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 for Galaxy J4+/J6+ [j4primelte & j6primelte], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J4+

Contributors
    ataberkozen

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-01-29

Created 2019-06-25
    Last Updated 2020-01-29
    Changelogs :
    Stable version 1 - 29/01/2020 :
    • Now we are building vendor too. Goodbye OneUI vendor.
    • Happy news to J6+ users: my builds are now supporting j6primelte.
    • NFC is fixed on NFC variants.
    • Keystore is now fixed and got rid of aosp's software implementation. You don't need any hacks or tricks to make it work on GSIs.
    • SIM count detection added, single sim users won't have annoying second sim.
    • Previous build had dead flashlight sometimes. Fixed.
    • Removed Samsung's bloatwares.
    • RIL working delay after boot fixed.
    • And so much more that I did in past couple of months that I don't remember.

Public Beta 4 - 18/08/2019 :
    • MTP totally fixed.
    • Added FM Radio.
    • NFC should work now on FN users (Current device I have isn't NFC variant. I am not sure).

Public Beta 3 - 27/06/2019 :
    • Added USB and Bluetooth tethering.

Public Beta 2 - 26/06/2019 :
    • Lockscreen password fixed.
    • Audio on camcorder(video recording) fixed.
    • Autobrightness fixed.
    • Hotspot fixed.
    • MTP fixed.
    • Second SIM Slot fixed.

Public Beta 1 - 25/06/2019 :
    • First release.

Thanks to abhishek987 for thread template.
    Screenshots on attachment.
    Reserved for just-in-case.

Please give me credits while building roms and sharing with my sources.
    By hitting thanks button and following me on GitHub you can make me happy. Have fun!
    Note(s) :

• Send me logs if you've find any bug.