Recognized Developer
Oct 10, 2015

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.x (Pie),
which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
2. This ROM will never work fully with newer versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
3. The device trees (which were used to build this ROM) will not be published until they are in WIP state or I consider them ready for public release.
Downloads Links
LineageOS 16.x:
Unofficial: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14iXmvLOMXLoZdJoCahcRhBzbUr1Eu7gw

Google Applications (optional):
OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (ARM64->Android 9.0->Pico, Nano or Micro)
Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional):
TWRP 3.x: https://forum.xda-developers.com/-/-t3793837

Flashing and updating
LineageOS clean install:
  • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
  • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
  • Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
  • Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications (optional)
  • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
  • Reboot
LineageOS update/upgrade:
  • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
  • Wipe cache and dalvik cache
  • Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
  • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
  • Reboot
LineageOS addonsu for root access:
  • Download the addonsu for arm64: LineageOS Downloads / Extras
  • Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
  • Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
  • Reboot

About the builds:
Device tree: WIP
Kernel sources: https://github.com/Chippa-a/android_kernel_sony_msm8956
Vendor blobs: WIP​

Issues and reports
  • Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
  • If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
  • Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
  • Share a log of the error with CatLog for example
Also thanks to:
  • The LineageOS Team
  • The CyanogenMod Team
  • Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0 for Xperia X Compact, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Compact

Contributors
Chippa_a
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2020-04-11
Last Updated 2020-05-10

Attachments

Last edited:

Chippa_a

Recognized Developer
Oct 10, 2015
FEATURES AND ISSUES
Code:
[SIZE="4"]- Boot: Ok
- Bluetooth: Ok
- WiFi: Ok
- WiFi Hotspot: Ok
- RIL - Phone - Data: Ok
- GPS: Ok
- Camera: Ok
- Camcorder: Ok
- Lights: Ok
- MicroSD: Ok
- Accelerometer: Ok
- Compass: Ok
- Gyroscope: Ok
- QTI sensors: Ok
- Touchscreen: Ok
- FM Radio: N/A
- Fingerprint: Ok
- Vibrator: Ok
- Microphone: Ok
- Audio & music: Ok
- Bluetooth audio: Ok
- NFC: Ok (HCE: Ok)
- Kernel: Ok
- Graphics: Ok
- 3D Rendering: Ok
- Clock: Ok
- DRM: Ok
- Offline Charging: Ok
- USB: Ok
- USB Tethering:  Ok
- USB OTG: Ok
- Encryption: Ok
- SEPolicies: Enforcing[/SIZE]

Last edited:

heini33

Jul 2, 2018
I installed the rom and it's running fast and perfect, only addonsu installation is a problem. It seems to be installed (as you can see in TWRP) but isn't recognized by rootchecker.
My fault :( : I forgot to enable root access in developer options - every system is different;
Thanks for your great work :+1:

Last edited:

levone1

Dec 28, 2014

Code:
[SIZE="4"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */[/SIZE]

About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.x (Pie),
which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
2. This ROM will never work with any versions of Google Camera (GCam)!

Created 2020-04-11
Last Updated 2020-04-11

Just curious - what is it about the ROM that will make it never work with GCam?

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Thank you @Chippa_a! Been hoping we'd see something new for the XC for months now. I still have a couple and will definitely be testing this rom on one of them.

Great performance and battery so far. Curious as to why GCam/Raw camera support does not work on this rom but does on Omni and AOSP? Is it possible for future builds?

Last edited:

HelloWorldljx

Nov 29, 2017
Thank you @Chippa_a! Been hoping we'd see something new for the XC for months now. I still have a couple and will definitely be testing this rom on one of them.

Great performance and battery so far. Curious as to why GCam/Raw camera support does not work on this rom but does on Omni and AOSP? Is it possible for future builds?
Because of the 3.10 kernel.

Pergin

Jan 17, 2016
Thank you for the great job! I'm using this rom, very fast and stable, also battery seems to be good. The only problem I found is not working fingerprint unlock for the apps (for example PayPal), while the phone fingerprint unlock works well.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
This is INSANE! I just finished my Bachelor thesis and now there's FINALLY an up-to-date-version of LOS for the X Compact, been waiting for many months for this! Gonna flash it immediately!

Reactions: JuniorCaesar

maluus

Dec 26, 2010
Ankara
First i want to thank for your work. Everything seem to work properly and smooth. Rarely some slight stutter here and there but nothing to disrupt the comfort. But there is one thing I need to point and that is some battery drain. I've tested two times from 100% to 40% percent. (Rebooted at 100%) And battery stats show that OS consumes 10-12% of battery. All the other roms I ve used so far drains 2-3% for the OS part. Normally usual suspect for battery drain is Google services but this time it is the OS. I believe it's possible to fix it and then this will be a great rom. Maybe a last breath for the dying XC :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Spaceoid

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Here also, after around 5 hours of testing, no issues so far! Only thing I noticed - sometimes Wifi disconnects and reconnects. On stock, my phone did not do that. Have to admit, it might be that our router had some problems today. He never did that before, though, and my girlfriend didnt notice anything strange, so I assume (!) its the phone. Apart from that, great performance for the very first build!

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Here also, after around 5 hours of testing, no issues so far! Only thing I noticed - sometimes Wifi disconnects and reconnects. On stock, my phone did not do that. Have to admit, it might be that our router had some problems today. He never did that before, though, and my girlfriend didnt notice anything strange, so I assume (!) its the phone. Apart from that, great performance for the very first build!
The same issue happens on Omni and AOSP roms too, I believe it has to do with the Loire software binaries from Sony, but I could be wrong.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

This is INSANE! I just finished my Bachelor thesis and now there's FINALLY an up-to-date-version of LOS for the X Compact, been waiting for many months for this! Gonna flash it immediately!
It's also insane how much better this rom performs than any of the others. It's super smooth and fast on my device.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
So, after the first night I checked my phone and in BetterBatteryStats I saw that it did not sleep at all... 0.2% deep sleep, the rest is "Awake (Screen Off)". Kernel Wakelocks are full with epoll_xxx wakelocks, I am not sure where they come from... I lost around 18% during the night.

Edit: I did some Google research, and it seems the wakelocks are kernel issue. If it helps, I can upload a screenshot of my BBS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Di_binLOL

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
The same here. I attached screenshots of my BBS of last night. I hope they are useful. Phone lay untouched for 7.5 h. I only installed Gapps and Magisk, and a few apps that never caused problems on stock. No deep sleep at all, and quite some activity in the kernel wakelocks. :D

Apart from the deep sleep problem, this ROM is insanely good. Everything works, no crashes or restarts, I am super happy. If the deep sleep is fixable, this phone is as good as new.

Attachments

Apr 16, 2020
Turin
Speakerphone issue in calls

I tried LineageOS 15.1, Omnirom and AOSP: this one is absolutly the best custom ROM for kugo!
Thank you for the great job. Fast and stable, it runs seamless and everything works perfectly for an everyday use.

I get only one issue with the speakerphone in calls: once it's activeted the call ends suddenly. Many reboots and changing call app (e.g. Google Phone) didn't solve the problem. Checked app permissions and turned off AudioFX but the issue is still present; speakerphone in WhatsApp calls works correctly.
Did anyone notice this behavior?

mister-13x

Mar 4, 2015
I tried LineageOS 15.1, Omnirom and AOSP: this one is absolutly the best custom ROM for kugo!
Thank you for the great job. Fast and stable, it runs seamless and everything works perfectly for an everyday use.

I get only one issue with the speakerphone in calls: once it's activeted the call ends suddenly. Many reboots and changing call app (e.g. Google Phone) didn't solve the problem. Checked app permissions and turned off AudioFX but the issue is still present; speakerphone in WhatsApp calls works correctly.
Did anyone notice this behavior?
Tried now to call to the service number of the operator and another person to check the speakerphone, everything works fine, there is not any disruption of the call.

Reactions: [email protected]

zokkii

Dec 5, 2011
Belgrade
This rom is very good almost like stock.I didn't have any problem with deep sleep 0.3%per hour.
My only problem is the camera, that's why i went back to stock

eiskusma

Mar 29, 2020
I have a question since I don't have a ton of experience with the various roms. Under the features and issues it lists the radio as NA. Does this mean it does not function on this rom? Is there a way to activate it if it isn't?