• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 for Xperia X Compact [FINAL]

Search This thread

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Final edit: Regarding GPS, it's super strange. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. After the first fix with SatStat all my other apps that use GPS will work just fine. Then after a day if I start Maps or a running tracker again, they will not be able to locate me unless I start SatStat again, thus resetting the AGPS data completely. No idea what caused this. There is no change in gps.conf between the May and the July build.

Last edited:

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
Could you please release your device and vendor tree then, so others can continue building LineageOS for kugo? They are still listed as "WIP" in your initial post, but since everything is listed as "Working" and the project is marked as "Final", the device tree should also be finalized now I'd guess?

Thanks!
I would like to ask the same.

Pieceofawa

May 1, 2021
I can't boot this ROM on my Sony xc,but I've boot it success a few days ago.now,I can't get in the system and it just shows me the logo of lineage.I don't know how to fix it

HelloWorldljx

Nov 29, 2017

PlsHelpXDA

Sep 21, 2020
@Cippa_a
It's possible you compile a LineageOS 18.1 (or 17.1) rom (for F5321, Xperia X Compact)

Kind regards

xanxanxanxan

Oct 5, 2021
Thank you very much for all the work you put into this ROM, @Chippa_a! It works great (stability, battery, ...), except for one thing. Calling doesn't work at all for me.

I installed only the ROM without GApps. When I try to call someone using the standard dialer and phone app, the display goes crazy. I see random buttons being pressed, the call is made but sometimes interrupted because "hang up" is being triggered. And more importantly, other apps and settings are changed. It's like I swipe and type randomly on my unlocked screen.

I tried a lot of alternative dialer apps. For those of them using an independant phone screen, it's a bit better. The buttons are not pressed. But often, the screen goes dark at the beginning of a call and there is no way to hang up or do anything. It pretty much freezes the phone while still making the call.

I'm not sure but this could be an issue with the proximity sensor. Maybe it doesn't detect when I'm holding the phone in my hand and still thinks it is being held next to my ear. But how can I fix this?

And how does this hypotheses explain the random button pressing? I'm very grateful for any hint or update that could help me to fix this issue.

Reactions: luojie

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Thank you very much for all the work you put into this ROM, @Chippa_a! It works great (stability, battery, ...), except for one thing. Calling doesn't work at all for me.

I installed only the ROM without GApps. When I try to call someone using the standard dialer and phone app, the display goes crazy. I see random buttons being pressed, the call is made but sometimes interrupted because "hang up" is being triggered. And more importantly, other apps and settings are changed. It's like I swipe and type randomly on my unlocked screen.

I tried a lot of alternative dialer apps. For those of them using an independant phone screen, it's a bit better. The buttons are not pressed. But often, the screen goes dark at the beginning of a call and there is no way to hang up or do anything. It pretty much freezes the phone while still making the call.

I'm not sure but this could be an issue with the proximity sensor. Maybe it doesn't detect when I'm holding the phone in my hand and still thinks it is being held next to my ear. But how can I fix this?

And how does this hypotheses explain the random button pressing? I'm very grateful for any hint or update that could help me to fix this issue.

I used this ROM for nearly a year and never had any SOFTWARE related problems with calls.

What I DID experience, though, were problems with the proximity sensor, but THESE problems persisted on stock as well. I once changed my headphone jack and must have damaged the proximity sensor in the process, as afterwards my phone would no longer detect near objects.
Which means: Whenever I called someone (be it on stock or LOS), I had to MANUALLY lock my screen via the button to not do any display input with my head/cheek. Maybe that is your problem as well?

NasiJagung

May 12, 2011
City Of Ruko
Is there anyone got problem with NFC ? Mine seems not working. Or it need additional file to work ? From drop down menu its only blank icon and from connection menu its show nothing only Bluetooth.
IMG_20211019_073055_112.jpg

IMG_20211019_073052_088.jpg

IMG_20211019_073047_846.jpg

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
I am PRETTY certain NFC worked for me back then, and chippa_a also stated in one of his posts that it should work. But I went back to stock after some time, so my memory might be mistaken...
Did you ever open your phone? Once I did a repair and afterwards did not connect the NFC antenna properly, so NFC would not work until I had fixed the connection.

NasiJagung

May 12, 2011
City Of Ruko
I am PRETTY certain NFC worked for me back then, and chippa_a also stated in one of his posts that it should work. But I went back to stock after some time, so my memory might be mistaken...
Did you ever open your phone? Once I did a repair and afterwards did not connect the NFC antenna properly, so NFC would not work until I had fixed the connection.
What stock A7 or A8 ? Do you have other recommendations rom with working NFC ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mU06hk7.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.x (Pie),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    2. This ROM will never work fully with newer versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    3. The device trees (which were used to build this ROM) will not be published until they are in WIP state or I consider them ready for public release.
    Downloads Links
    LineageOS 16.x:
    Unofficial: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14iXmvLOMXLoZdJoCahcRhBzbUr1Eu7gw

Google Applications (optional):
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (ARM64->Android 9.0->Pico, Nano or Micro)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional):
    TWRP 3.x: https://forum.xda-developers.com/-/-t3793837

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install:
    • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
    • Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    • Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications (optional)
    • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    • Reboot
    LineageOS update/upgrade:
    • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    • Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    • Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    • Reboot
    LineageOS addonsu for root access:
    • Download the addonsu for arm64: LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    • Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    • Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    • Reboot

About the builds:
    Device tree: WIP
    Kernel sources: https://github.com/Chippa-a/android_kernel_sony_msm8956
    Vendor blobs: WIP​

Issues and reports
    • Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    • If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    • Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    • Share a log of the error with CatLog for example
    Also thanks to:
    • The LineageOS Team
    • The CyanogenMod Team
    • Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for Xperia X Compact, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Compact

Contributors
    Chippa_a
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2020-04-11
    Last Updated 2020-05-10
    The new build is available!

It was decided to release another final build.
    The main reason for this was to solve an issue with the fingerprint scanner, when it could become unavailable after a while.
    As a bonus, this build also includes July security patches.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aba9htwih7rB-UrD91VWuZgjRc45fT72/view?usp=sharing
    The new build is available!
    It includes May 2020 security patches and various improvements like:
    * fingerprint authentication should be fixed for some applications
    * brightness/autobrightness should work better
    * general performance improvements

This build is currently marked as final.
    Thanks to everyone who used this ROM and helped to improve it by valuable feedback!

P.S. Please don't ask about LineageOS 17.1 release plans for this device, as I'm not ready to give an ETA at this moment.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1clpWrFCKF1aEhLiaAXt_Dwmo9mqwhhiX
    FEATURES AND ISSUES
    • Boot: Ok
    • Bluetooth: Ok
    • WiFi: Ok
    • WiFi Hotspot: Ok
    • RIL - Phone - Data: Ok
    • GPS: Ok
    • Camera: Ok
    • Camcorder: Ok
    • Lights: Ok
    • MicroSD: Ok
    • Accelerometer: Ok
    • Compass: Ok
    • Gyroscope: Ok
    • QTI sensors: Ok
    • Touchscreen: Ok
    • FM Radio: N/A
    • Fingerprint: Ok
    • Vibrator: Ok
    • Microphone: Ok
    • Audio & music: Ok
    • Bluetooth audio: Ok
    • NFC: Ok (HCE: Ok)
    • Kernel: Ok
    • Graphics: Ok
    • 3D Rendering: Ok
    • Clock: Ok
    • DRM: Ok
    • Offline Charging: Ok
    • USB: Ok
    • USB Tethering: Ok
    • USB OTG: Ok
    • Encryption: Ok
    • SEPolicies: Enforcing
    @Spaceoid

Thanks! l'll see what can be done when I find some free time.
    But in any case, there will be no more updates for LineageOS 16.0.
    So I hope that possible improvements on this side will be in LineageOS 17.1.