[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 for Xperia X Compact [FINAL]

Search This thread

HelloWorldljx

Nov 29, 2017
Glad to see your recent activity. LineageOS 17.1 is almost perfect. I'm still using this phone and waiting for any update on this device.

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Thanks!, it is a rom that freezing in some situation....best rom in this moment is lineageos 16... I hope for other rom...
I started using Corvus OS treble rom, Android 11, and very nice... Haven't found an issue yet...

Screenshot_20220106-142017500.jpg

Last edited:

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Please, which step have i to follow for install this rom?
Instructions here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/project-treble-for-xperia-x-compact.4096909/

Also good info here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-4-9-aosp-kugo-explosive-lobster.4214465/

I originally just flashed Explosive Lobster ROM, and from there, just flashed Corvus system, and vendor IMG, and worked fine. If you just follow instructions in first link, should work.

decsimon

Aug 12, 2015
Instructions here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/project-treble-for-xperia-x-compact.4096909/

Also good info here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-4-9-aosp-kugo-explosive-lobster.4214465/

I originally just flashed Explosive Lobster ROM, and from there, just flashed Corvus system, and vendor IMG, and worked fine. If you just follow instructions in first link, should work.
I also flashed Explosive Lobster ROM but the big problem for me was that is not possible to install magisk....i try everithing! But nothing....

decsimon

Aug 12, 2015

I also flashed Explosive Lobster ROM but the big problem for me was that is not possible to install magisk....i try everithing! But nothing....

decsimon

Aug 12, 2015
Please, which step have i to follow for install this rom?
I try to install but without success...could you please say step to step how you have installed this rom? Thanks! In this time i use more lineageos 17 and can i say that is a good rom....for some apk is better to install old version for a perfect job...

Michael62

Aug 19, 2008
Sony Xperia X Compact
Is Family Link work on this LineageOS 16.0 build?
If yes - which gapps version and how it installed (reboot, wipes, etc)
Which *real* reasons to use this ROM instead stock?

Last edited:

joob84

Jan 27, 2022
Hi - Did you, or anybody, get a solution for the location problem?

I'd be very interested, since I am experiencing no-location data with several apps all having been working fine before LOS16 was flashed, but now failing completely on my Sony Xperia X compact.
Actually the only app still showing a "route" travelled is Strava, but strangely wobbling.
(And, indeed, I noticed the Satstat compass pointing to a pointless "North").

Does anybody here have problems with GPS on the latest build (!) of the ROM? I am talking GPS WITHOUT (!) activated Wifi.
Up until the build of May 10th, GPS worked perfectly fine. I always got GPS lock within like 30 seconds. But after (dirty) flashing the newest build of July 22th, I cannot seem to get my position through GPS only. It always takes around 10 minutes to lock my position, if it works at all. I am quite sure it has something to do with the latest build OR with dirty flashing it, as GPS worked well just 3 hours before I flashed the new build (I went running and had my running route recorded, which also does not work anymore now).
Of course my hardware could be faulty all of the sudden, but I doubt that, because SatStat shows that my phone is able to still find many satellites.
I recorded a log, which I will attach to this post. The log was recorded while trying to lock my GPS position with various apps (SatStat, Runtastic, Google Maps). While scanning through the log, the error "Sensors : sns_reg.c(289):invalid data len" struck the eye. As far as Google could tell me, SNS has something to do with the compass of the phone. That would fit, because Maps is complaining about a non-calibrated compass, too.

Of course, my dirty flash might be the cause of this problem. In the past I often dirty-flashed LOS updates on various phones and rarely encountered any issues, but might be that the LOS devs changed something up in the GPS files or something. If no-one here is able to help or reproduce my problem, I might try a clean flash in August.

Last edited:

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Hi - Did you, or anybody, get a solution for the location problem?

I'd be very interested, since I am experiencing no-location data with several apps all having been working fine before LOS16 was flashed, but now failing completely on my Sony Xperia X compact.
Actually the only app still showing a "route" travelled is Strava, but strangely wobbling.
(And, indeed, I noticed the Satstat compass pointing to a pointless "North").
I did a lot of reading on that matter, and according to the developers on GitHub (the developers of the Sony Open Developer project, iirc) the GPS problem lies in the code of the latest version of the X Compact kernel. And, as there won't be any updates on that kernel anymore, it is unsolvable, if nothing has changed till then (I read about it around a year ago). That's why in the end I switched back to STOCK, because the older Android versions use an earlier version of the kernel (as you also stated with your post).

joob84

Jan 27, 2022
I did a lot of reading on that matter, and according to the developers on GitHub (the developers of the Sony Open Developer project, iirc) the GPS problem lies in the code of the latest version of the X Compact kernel. And, as there won't be any updates on that kernel anymore, it is unsolvable, if nothing has changed till then (I read about it around a year ago). That's why in the end I switched back to STOCK, because the older Android versions use an earlier version of the kernel (as you also stated with your post).
Thank you for reacting, that really sound like final. Too bad. Stock won't work for some of my apps. So I'll have to switch phones.

ANDREW007CZ

Nov 14, 2020
Sony Xperia 5 III
Thank you for reacting, that really sound like final. Too bad. Stock won't work for some of my apps. So I'll have to switch phones.
yep, all that is sad. been using this phone for 5 years now. It's still a good piece of hardware. It's shame Sony did dump it. will need to buy another hardware simply to have up to date software that's not really considerate in any way.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
You could try Treble. There is a ROM to start with in the X Compact boards, and other Treble roms around the board. I tried two, but didnt find one with working GPS, maybe again bc of the underlying kernel...

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
yep, all that is sad. been using this phone for 5 years now. It's still a good piece of hardware. It's shame Sony did dump it. will need to buy another hardware simply to have up to date software that's not really considerate in any way.
Sony has for years said that phones will be supported for 2 years, (for example, https://www.gizmochina.com/2021/07/...-will-receive-software-updates-for-two-years/). Updates typically stop after that...

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
You could try Treble. There is a ROM to start with in the X Compact boards, and other Treble roms around the board. I tried two, but didnt find one with working GPS, maybe again bc of the underlying kernel...
I have been using CorvusOS Android 11 treble rom, and gps working fine.

A couple of issues, but overall stable and usable so far...

Reactions: Spaceoid

dohanin

Hi, I'm new to LineageOS and loved it immediately. Very neat and efficient.

I have a question though. After 5 years of using X Compact, now I mainly used it as a second phone, and also to run some apps that won't work on my new phone that is on Android 12 and rooted. WIth this LineageOS, I found that I don't need magisk and can simply install addonsu, which can be enable/disabled in developer option - perfect for me.

However, there is one app that just would not start even if root is disabled. It only works after I remove addonsu altogether. So now if I want to use this app, I have to flash addonsu-remove first, instead of simply disabling it.

Any advice or work-around in this situation?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mU06hk7.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.x (Pie),
    which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo.
    And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website : http://lineageos.org
    About LineageOS Legal : http://lineageos.org/legal/

Important Information
    1. This ROM has nothing related to ODM images! So you don't need to ask/install anything like that, just follow the instructions.
    2. This ROM will never work fully with newer versions of Google Camera (GCam)!
    3. The device trees (which were used to build this ROM) will not be published until they are in WIP state or I consider them ready for public release.
    Downloads Links
    LineageOS 16.x:
    Unofficial: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14iXmvLOMXLoZdJoCahcRhBzbUr1Eu7gw

Google Applications (optional):
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (ARM64->Android 9.0->Pico, Nano or Micro)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional):
    TWRP 3.x: https://forum.xda-developers.com/-/-t3793837

Flashing and updating
    LineageOS clean install:
    • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    • Full wipe and factory reset (recommended / backup to make sure not to loose data)
    • Flash the LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    • Flash the GApps to have the Google Applications (optional)
    • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    • Reboot
    LineageOS update/upgrade:
    • Download the latest build of LineageOS ROM
    • Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    • Flash the latest LineageOS ROM zip from the Recovery
    • Every additional zip you want to flash (optional)
    • Reboot
    LineageOS addonsu for root access:
    • Download the addonsu for arm64: LineageOS Downloads / Extras
    • Flash the zip on a working Lineage installation (once)
    • Upon ROM updates, the addonsu is preserved
    • Reboot

About the builds:

Issues and reports
    • Report issues only if you are using the ROM kernel
    • If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    • Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    • Share a log of the error with CatLog for example
    Also thanks to:
    • The LineageOS Team
    • The CyanogenMod Team
    • Everyone involved in working and testing

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 for Xperia X Compact, ROM for the Sony Xperia X Compact

Contributors
    Chippa_a
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2020-04-11
    Last Updated 2020-05-10
    The new build is available!

It was decided to release another final build.
    The main reason for this was to solve an issue with the fingerprint scanner, when it could become unavailable after a while.
    As a bonus, this build also includes July security patches.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aba9htwih7rB-UrD91VWuZgjRc45fT72/view?usp=sharing
    The new build is available!
    It includes May 2020 security patches and various improvements like:
    * fingerprint authentication should be fixed for some applications
    * brightness/autobrightness should work better
    * general performance improvements

This build is currently marked as final.
    Thanks to everyone who used this ROM and helped to improve it by valuable feedback!

P.S. Please don't ask about LineageOS 17.1 release plans for this device, as I'm not ready to give an ETA at this moment.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1clpWrFCKF1aEhLiaAXt_Dwmo9mqwhhiX
    FEATURES AND ISSUES
    • Boot: Ok
    • Bluetooth: Ok
    • WiFi: Ok
    • WiFi Hotspot: Ok
    • RIL - Phone - Data: Ok
    • GPS: Ok
    • Camera: Ok
    • Camcorder: Ok
    • Lights: Ok
    • MicroSD: Ok
    • Accelerometer: Ok
    • Compass: Ok
    • Gyroscope: Ok
    • QTI sensors: Ok
    • Touchscreen: Ok
    • FM Radio: N/A
    • Fingerprint: Ok
    • Vibrator: Ok
    • Microphone: Ok
    • Audio & music: Ok
    • Bluetooth audio: Ok
    • NFC: Ok (HCE: Ok)
    • Kernel: Ok
    • Graphics: Ok
    • 3D Rendering: Ok
    • Clock: Ok
    • DRM: Ok
    • Offline Charging: Ok
    • USB: Ok
    • USB Tethering: Ok
    • USB OTG: Ok
    • Encryption: Ok
    • SEPolicies: Enforcing
    @Spaceoid

Thanks! l'll see what can be done when I find some free time.
    But in any case, there will be no more updates for LineageOS 16.0.
    So I hope that possible improvements on this side will be in LineageOS 17.1.