• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] LineageOS 16.0 [PEREGRINE]

Search This thread

edward636

Apr 10, 2014
Thank you very much for the contribution of this ROM, I have had failures with the WIFI, it does not detect the hidden networks already saved, and very low detectability of the signals

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
For those of you wishing to update to the JUNE '21 Security Patches, I've uploaded one of my unofficial builds that is based off the latest build files available with the most recent security patches added (I know there are a number of members who for one reason or another are unable to or unwilling to build it themselves).

Note: The recent updates have been large and may require a smaller version of Open Gapps than you've been installing, the removal of some apps or, as a last resort, resizing the system partition.

Note: Requires Full Clean Flash when installing rom for 1st time I.E., coming from 14.1 (official or unofficial), etc. - in TWRP wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System and importantly format Data > Yes before flashing the appropriate Open Gapps (pico) - reboot, then in TWRP install preferred root (latest Magisk version recommended). I do not recommend the Xposed framework that's available for pie as it is closed-source).
Very Important: Do a nandroid backup first, including your data - copy any data/media files (e.g., photos, videos etc.), on your SD card over to your PC.
Note: Encryption is not working fully - If you need it, check out the 14.1 rom - Note: it appears that 14.1 and lower versions may no longer be receiving Google security and OS updates.

If you're coming from one of the unofficial updates I uploaded previously, I recommend you do a regular clean flash (wipe Cache, Dalvik cache & System), re-install Open Gapps, reboot to recovery & install preferred root (latest Magisk recommended). I do not recommend the Xposed framework that's available for pie as it is closed-source, i.e., you really don't know what you're installing).

Download Link for lineage-16.0-20210612-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip

I give full credit to the author of this thread @Allstargaurav and in particular to @sevenrock and @RenanQueiroz for their excellent work in getting this rom to this point. Those of you who have not been building this rom for themselves but using the last posted upload by the author of this thread will notice some substantial improvements and should be relatively pleased with how it performs now. After flashing let the rom settle in for a number of hours to start to see the improvements and reap the full benefit.

I do, however, recommend you learn to build it yourselves: refer to post # 230 for the full build instructions.

Last edited:

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
Thank you very much for the contribution of this ROM, I have had failures with the WIFI, it does not detect the hidden networks already saved, and very low detectability of the signals

I'm assuming you followed the install instructions exactly in the update posts I upload, including doing a 'Full Clean Flash' if upgrading from 14.1 or coming from stock? In particular, this means doing 'Format Data -> yes". If not, do it.

If you have followed the install instructions exactly as they're outlined, go to Settings > under Wireless & Networks, tap ... More > Mobile networks > Access point names (apn's) - check the latest apn's from your network provider and add them in, if different than what is shown.

You could also try the 'Network settings reset' under the 'Wireless and networks' header and see if that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: synistron

edward636

Apr 10, 2014
I'm assuming you followed the install instructions exactly in the update posts I upload, including doing a 'Full Clean Flash' if upgrading from 14.1 or coming from stock? In particular, this means doing 'Format Data -> yes". If not, do it.

If you have followed the install instructions exactly as they're outlined, go to Settings > under Wireless & Networks, tap ... More > Mobile networks > Access point names (apn's) - check the latest apn's from your network provider and add them in, if different than what is shown.

You could also try the 'Network settings reset' under the 'Wireless and networks' header and see if that helps.

Yes, I formatted all the partitions and did a clean installation, the problem is that it does not detect WiFi networks with hidden SSIDs.

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
Yes, I formatted all the partitions and did a clean installation, the problem is that it does not detect WiFi networks with hidden SSIDs.

Delete the wifi apn network you're trying to connect to. Add it back in but before entering your password and saving it, under 'Advanced', check mark the hidden network box, then proceed with entering password and saving it.

If it's not available, try unhiding your SSID, connect to the network, than re-hide it on your router/modem and see if it helps.

Please learn to use the 'Like' button at the bottom of the members posts that you receive help from or download roms from.

edward636

Apr 10, 2014
Delete the wifi apn network you're trying to connect to. Add it back in but before entering your password and saving it, under 'Advanced', check mark the hidden network box, then proceed with entering password and saving it.

If it's not available, try unhiding your SSID, connect to the network, than re-hide it on your router/modem and see if it helps.

Please learn to use the 'Like' button at the bottom of the members posts that you receive help from or download roms from.
Thanks, Solved

Reactions: sdembiske

synistron

Aug 18, 2013
I'm trying to build following instructions on post #230, and when I get to the "brunch peregrine" command, I get this error:

Code:
[477/1067] including packages/apps/LockClock/Android.mk ...
packages/apps/LockClock/Android.mk:20: error: FindEmulator: find: `packages/apps/LockClock/src': No such file or directory
15:35:45 ckati failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (17 seconds) ####

And indeed, it seems that there is no such file. Prior to the build when I pulled everything from git, my had HDD filled up and I got an error, but I made room and ran the command again successfully. What should I do now?

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
I'm trying to build following instructions on post #230, and when I get to the "brunch peregrine" command, I get this error:

Code:
[477/1067] including packages/apps/LockClock/Android.mk ...
packages/apps/LockClock/Android.mk:20: error: FindEmulator: find: `packages/apps/LockClock/src': No such file or directory
15:35:45 ckati failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (17 seconds) ####

And indeed, it seems that there is no such file. Prior to the build when I pulled everything from git, my had HDD filled up and I got an error, but I made room and ran the command again successfully. What should I do now?

For future reference, the next time you get an error, that you can't figure out on your own: at the top of the command prompt app, go to 'Search' (top bar) and search for 'Failed', let it run and when finished find the relevant 'Failed' paragraph (it will have 'Failed' at the very start of the relevant paragraph), copy it and post it to pastebin.com, get the link (no expiry) and post the link here in the thread.

Now, with that said, if the error occurred in the 'Packages' folder in the rom build folder, delete the 'Packages' folder and run the 'repo sync --force-sync -c -j1' command again (use -j1 even if you have more than 2 cores). Once complete, run the 'brunch peregrine' command again.

Last edited:

synistron

Aug 18, 2013
Thank you sdembinske, I will try rebuilding and see how it goes.

I was unable to load any of the Open GApps on the default phone (even the smallest one) because there was not enough internal memory, so I used BitGApps as djibe89 recommended above.

However - and I'm not sure this has anything to do with BitGApps - something in the phone will crash at random, even when I'm not using the phone. The screen will go black (still light coming from the screen, so it's on all the time), then after a few seconds it will come back to the lock screen. This happens when using or not. I installed a logcat reader to attempt to pinpoint the issue, but at this stage I may just redo it without BitGApps and see how it goes. I added an SD card so hopefully it can be used early on in the process.

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
Thank you sdembinske, I will try rebuilding and see how it goes.

I was unable to load any of the Open GApps on the default phone (even the smallest one) because there was not enough internal memory, so I used BitGApps as djibe89 recommended above.

However - and I'm not sure this has anything to do with BitGApps - something in the phone will crash at random, even when I'm not using the phone. The screen will go black (still light coming from the screen, so it's on all the time), then after a few seconds it will come back to the lock screen. This happens when using or not. I installed a logcat reader to attempt to pinpoint the issue, but at this stage I may just redo it without BitGApps and see how it goes. I added an SD card so hopefully it can be used early on in the process.

"Do a regular clean flash (wipe Cache, Dalvik cache & System), re-install Open Gapps/BitGApps, reboot to recovery & install preferred root (latest Magisk recommended)."

This should be done EVERYTIME you install a new version over an older version. You will not lose any Data. If you run into the same problem, you will have to do a 'Full clean flash', i.e., the above but 'Format Data > Yes' before rebooting and installing Magisk. You will lose Data in this case, so back it up beforehand.

Last edited:

rah2501

Aug 8, 2011
There is not enough space for the latest pico Open GApps, specifically open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20210715.zip:

Code:
INSTALLATION FAILURE: Your device does not have sufficient space available in
the system partition to install this GApps package as currently configured.
You will need to switch to a smaller GApps package or use gapps-config to
reduce the installed size.

NOTE: The Stock/AOSP NFC Tag is not available on your
ROM (anymore), the Google equivalent will not be removed.
NOTE: The Stock/AOSP Dialer is not available on your
# Begin GApps Size Calculations
------------------------------------------------------------------
  TYPE  |         DESCRIPTION        |      SIZE |   TOTAL
        |         Current Free Space |    225872 |  225872
Remove |             Existing GApps | +       0 |  225872
Remove |             Obsolete Files | +       0 |  225872
Remove |              cmsetupwizard | +       0 |  225872
Remove |           extservicesstock | +      52 |  225924
Remove |             extsharedstock | +      24 |  225948
Remove |      packageinstallerstock | +    8668 |  234616
Remove |                  provision | +       0 |  234616
Install |                       Core | -  223832 |   10784
Install |                    calsync | -    2548 |    8236
Install |            dialerframework | -      12 |    8224
Install |                  googletts | -   30892 |  -22668
Install |     packageinstallergoogle | -    8348 |  -31016
        |               Buffer Space | -    9216 |  -40232
                      Additional Space Required |   40232

But I managed to get Open GApps installed through recovery by removing the following package directories using "adb shell" from my workstation in between installation of the Lineage OS ROM .zip and the Open GApps .zip:

/system/priv-app/Gallery2/
/system/priv-app/WeatherProvider/
/system/priv-app/Recorder/
/system/priv-app/FMRadio/
/system/priv-app/VpnDialogs/
/system/priv-app/WallpaperCropper/
/system/app/Email/
/system/app/WallpaperPicker/
/system/app/Exchange2/
/system/app/Calendar/
/system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker/

Last edited:

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
There is not enough space for the latest nano Open GApps:

Code:

|         Current Free Space |    225872 |  225872
Remove |             Existing GApps | +       0 |  225872
Remove |             Obsolete Files | +       0 |  225872
Remove |              cmsetupwizard | +       0 |  225872
Remove |           extservicesstock | +      52 |  225924
Remove |             extsharedstock | +      24 |  225948
Remove |      packageinstallerstock | +    8668 |  234616
Remove |                  provision | +       0 |  234616
Install |                       Core | -  223832 |   10784
Install |                    calsync | -    2548 |    8236
Install |            dialerframework | -      12 |    8224
Install |                  googletts | -   30892 |  -22668
Install |     packageinstallergoogle | -    8348 |  -31016
        |               Buffer Space | -    9216 |  -40232
                      Additional Space Required |   40232

But I managed to get Open GApps installed through recovery by removing the following package directories using "adb shell" from my workstation in between installation of the Lineage OS ROM .zip and the Open GApps .zip:

/system/priv-app/Gallery2/
/system/priv-app/WeatherProvider/
/system/priv-app/Recorder/
/system/priv-app/FMRadio/
/system/priv-app/VpnDialogs/
/system/priv-app/WallpaperCropper/
/system/app/Email/
/system/app/WallpaperPicker/
/system/app/Exchange2/
/system/app/Calendar/
/system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker/

Well known .. Pico is the recommended version if you're using Open Gapps. A little more searching of the posts on this thread and you would have discovered that.

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
For those of you wishing to update to the JULY '21 Security Patches, I've uploaded one of my unofficial builds that is based off the latest build files available with the most recent security patches added (I know there are a number of members who for one reason or another are unable to or unwilling to build it themselves).

Note: The recent updates have been large and may require a smaller version of Open Gapps than you've been installing, the removal of some apps or, as a last resort, resizing the system partition. Pico is the recommended version of Open Gapps, currently. The June 10 '21 Pico version appears to be the last one (to-date) that can be installed without issues. See post # 380 for a download link or search the older versions on the Open Gapps site for this particular version download.

Note
: Requires Full Clean Flash when installing rom for 1st time I.E., coming from 14.1 (official or unofficial), etc. - in TWRP wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System and importantly format Data > Yes before flashing the appropriate Open Gapps (pico) - reboot, then in TWRP install preferred root (latest Magisk version recommended). I do not recommend the Xposed framework that's available for pie as it is closed-source).
Very Important: Do a nandroid backup first, including your data - copy any data/media files (e.g., photos, videos etc.), on your SD card over to your PC.
Note: Encryption is not working fully - If you need it, check out the 14.1 rom - Note: it appears that 14.1 and lower versions may no longer be receiving Google security and OS updates.

If you're coming from one of the unofficial updates I uploaded previously, I recommend you do a regular clean flash (wipe Cache, Dalvik cache & System), re-install Open Gapps, reboot to recovery & install preferred root (latest Magisk recommended). I do not recommend the Xposed framework that's available for pie as it is closed-source, i.e., you really don't know what you're installing).

Download Link for lineage-16.0-20210715-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip

I give full credit to the author of this thread @Allstargaurav and in particular to @sevenrock and @RenanQueiroz for their excellent work in getting this rom to this point. Those of you who have not been building this rom for themselves but using the last posted upload by the author of this thread will notice some substantial improvements and should be relatively pleased with how it performs now. After flashing let the rom settle in for a number of hours to start to see the improvements and reap the full benefit.

I do, however, recommend you learn to build it yourselves: refer to post # 230 for the full build instructions.

Last edited:

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
Sorry, I meant pico. The latest pico version can't be installed. I've updated my comment to reflect this.

"Do a regular clean flash (wipe Cache, Dalvik cache & System), re-install Open Gapps/BitGApps, reboot to recovery & install preferred root (latest Magisk recommended)."

This should be done EVERYTIME you install a new version over an older version. You will not lose any Data.

If you run into the same problem, you will have to do a 'Full clean flash', i.e., the above but 'Format Data > Yes' before rebooting and installing Magisk. You will lose Data in this case, so back it up beforehand.

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
I did that. There isn't enough space to install pico GApps. I repeat: there isn't enough space to install this Lineage OS release and the latest pico Open GApps, specifically open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20210715.zip. You seem resistant to this idea and I'm not sure why.

As this issue has not been posted by anyone else with respect to this current security updated rom, the problem seems to reside with you at this point.

Given your first post, it appears you still had the stock GApps in your rom, so I'm thinking you didn't do a full clean flash to start with when you first transitioned from your stock rom to this one. If that is the case, your only option is to do what is suggested in all the rom upload posts, i.e., do a full clean flash, i.e., format Data > yes in addition to wiping cache, dalvik cache and system. If you have backed up to your Google account you will get most of your data back and you can use some free apps on Google Play Store to back up calls, messages, etc.. If you're storing pictures etc., on your system partition copy them over to your PC. You should be using your SD card as portable storage and storing any pictures, videos there.

bweston6

Apr 21, 2020
United Kingdom
Moto G
OnePlus 8
I am also facing the same issue as @rah2501 with insufficient space to install pico GApps. The size of my System partition is 1086MB with 206MB remaining after installing lineage-16.0-20210715-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip.

GApps log:
Code:
# Begin Open GApps Install Log
            ROM Android version | 9
                   ROM Build ID | lineage_peregrine-userdebug 9 PQ3A.190801.002 eng.steve.20210715.142136 test-keys
          ROM Version increment | eng.steve.20210715.142136
                ROM SDK version | 28
        ROM/Recovery modversion | 16.0-20210715-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine
                Device Recovery | TWRP 3.5.2_9-0-2bc3eccd
                    Device Name | peregrine
                   Device Model | peregrine
                    Device Type | phone
                     Device CPU | armeabi-v7a,armeabi
          Device A/B-partitions | false
             Installer Platform | arm
                   ROM Platform | arm
           Display Density Used | 320
                   Install Type | Clean[Data Wiped]
Google Camera already installed | Clean
              VRMode Compatible | false
       Google Camera Compatible | true
      New Camera API Compatible | false[force_api]
          Google Pixel Features | false
          Current GApps Version | No GApps Installed
          Google Camera version | Legacy
       Installing GApps Zipfile | /sdcard1/open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20210723.zip
       Installing GApps Version | 20210723
          Installing GApps Type | pico
                    Config Type |
             Using gapps-config | Not Used
      Remove Stock/AOSP Browser | false[NO_Chrome]
       Remove Stock/AOSP Camera | false[NO_CameraGoogle]
       Remove Stock/AOSP Dialer | false[NO_DialerGoogle]
        Remove Stock/AOSP Email | false[NO_Gmail]
      Remove Stock/AOSP Gallery | false[NO_Photos]
     Remove Stock/AOSP Launcher | false[NO_GoogleNow/PixelLauncher]
      Remove Stock/AOSP MMS App | false[NO_Messenger]
     Remove Stock/AOSP Pico TTS | false[default]
         Ignore Google Contacts | false
           Ignore Google Dialer | true[NoRemove]
         Ignore Google Keyboard | false
Ignore Google Package Installer | false
          Ignore Google NFC Tag | true[NoRemove]
          Ignore Google WebView | false
         Total System Size (KB) | 1112708
         Used System Space (KB) | 901060
        Current Free Space (KB) | 211648
 Additional Space Required (KB) | 54632   << See Calculations Below
# End Open GApps Install Log

|         Current Free Space |    211648 |  211648
 Remove |             Existing GApps | +       0 |  211648
 Remove |             Obsolete Files | +       0 |  211648
 Remove |              cmsetupwizard | +       0 |  211648
 Remove |           extservicesstock | +      52 |  211700
 Remove |             extsharedstock | +      24 |  211724
 Remove |      packageinstallerstock | +    8708 |  220432
 Remove |                  provision | +       0 |  220432
Install |                       Core | -  224048 |   -3616
Install |                    calsync | -    2548 |   -6164
Install |            dialerframework | -      12 |   -6176
Install |                  googletts | -   30892 |  -37068
Install |     packageinstallergoogle | -    8348 |  -45416
        |               Buffer Space | -    9216 |  -54632
                      Additional Space Required |   54632

# End GApps Size Calculations

# Begin User's gapps-config

# End User's gapps-config

I would just edit the partitions with fdisk but there are 36 of them and it would be a shame if I bricked my phone. What would be the most relevant tool to do this or is there an alternative method?

sdembiske

Jan 4, 2015
@bweston6 @rah2501

The problem does not reside with the rom but is a function of the increased size of the newer versions of Pico Open Gapps. The version that I was using was dated June 10 '21. I tried installing 3 later versions, up until the latest (July 24 '21), doing a Full clean install with Format Data > Yes as well as a regular clean flash (no data format) and they would not install due to the increased size issues. If you check the size of the June 10 Open Gapps version vs the later dated versions, you will see the size differences.

So, with that said, I am uploading here my copy of the June 10th version for any of you experiencing these issues. You should be able to do a regular clean flash with this version.

open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20210610.zip
https://mega.nz/file/4XpE0KzJ#p8wCqZTc50mCuKUkUzypeNrTrXQvnjiVwoz0WqwiLDs

That should solve your problems. Your individual apps will be updated etc., by Google Play Store, as always.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you for the suggestion of Lesser AudioSwitch. I will give it a try.

The "black screen" problem is not related to audio. I notice sometime just after the "black screen", I have an error message "Trebuchet crashed".

I didn't tried LineageOS 14.
    I was in Kit Kat, but since my radio and podcast moved on TSL 1.2, I wasn't able to listen to them anymore. That's why I tried this upgrade since it was the latest.

Trebuchet is a launcher app. Try a different one. I use APEX but many members prefer Nova - many different ones available on Play Store. Check out a few reviews and choose a couple to try out. You can always uninstall what you don't like.

Note: Please remember to use the Like button (bottom left of post when you're logged in), when a member helps out or when you download one of the roms they upload for your use. It's an XDA courtesy.
    I tried to install it but it does not allow me, says that "your device is falcon, this is for peregrine"
    Is there a way to bypass that restriction in TWRP?

In order to bypass that restriction (error 7 in TWRP), one has to remove the 'assert line' in the 'updater script' in the rom zip file. It is there for a reason, to prevent one from installing the wrong rom on their phone and avoid the possibility of hard bricking it.

Refer to this post: How to remove the Assert line:

... if you're willing to take the risk of hard bricking your phone.
    First of all, thank you for such an amazing job porting this ROM to our beloved peregrine.

I just wanted to ask, does this install from any TWRP version or do I need a specific version? Some other ROMs require a specific version and wanted to be on the safe side.

Once again, thank you all involved for your job.

The latest version for the particular device is normally your best bet. The Team Win official site lists all the supported devices of which the Moto G LTE is one:

Thank you for your 'Thank you' but, for future reference, please use the 'Like' button at the bottom left of the post (when logged in), where you have downloaded an updated rom that a member has taken the time to upload or when you have received help from them. It's an XDA courtesy and too many people, particularly newer members, seem to be missing this accepted XDA courtesy. Thanks.
    @PhunkyBob

Check out the Lesser AudioSwitch app on Play Store - see if it might help the audio switching issues you're experiencing. You are the first to have reported the issue as far as I know.

Black screen could be a result of a data corruption or an incompatible app. Not usually present when a Full Clean Flash is done as you have indicated you have done. The black screen issue has not occurred with my phone. Suggest doing it (i.e. Full Clean Flash), again. No need to wipe data if you format data > yes. The audio files in LineageOS 16.0 are the same as what was in 14.1, from what I can see. Did you have that problem in 14.1 or did you not try it? The 14.1 version was the last 'Officially' supported version by the LineageOS team.

This phone was not designed to handle the increased demands up from the original stock android roms so naturally it will be reflected in the ram demand. to some extent. Your solution in that case is to get a newer phone.
    Note: Please remember to use the Like button (bottom left of post when you're logged in), when a member helps out or when you download one of the roms they upload for your use. It's an XDA courtesy.
    I "liked" your post at the same time I read and answered it.
    I don't get why this comment...
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Dual-SIM
    • Wi-Fi
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led
    • Offline Charging

What's not working :
    • You tell me

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Lineage version:
    Lineage Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    LineageSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Credits :

Donations :
    You don't have to but if you want so...

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pie For Peregrine, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Allstargaurav
    Source Code: https://github.com/MotoDevelopment

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-04-21

Created 2018-08-28
    Last Updated 2019-04-21
    Lineage 16.0 April Update
    • Fixed Black Screen Issue
    • April security patch
    • Enforcing Build
    • Fixed Lineage Offline charger
    • Other Fixes and all that ****
    Just Clean flash that's all

Would not be possible without @RenanQueiroz I did not do anything

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397953949

Note: If you can't flash gapps look for other alternative gapps which is smaller in size.
    New LineageOS 16.0 update is out!

Changelog:
    • Fixed Whatsapp and Instagram Issue
    • Enforcing Build
    • Many ROM side changes (Most of the features from 15.1 are back, although some switches won't work)
    • Added Snap Cam
    • Zram working again
    • Many other minor improvements
    • Lot more stuff which I am lazy to list flash and find yourself

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603869829

Special thanks to @sevenrock it would not have been possible without him
    Also thanks to @RohanHasabe8 for server
    For those of you wishing to update to the MAY '20 Security Patches, I've uploaded one of my unofficial builds that is based off the latest build files available with the most recent security patches added (I know there are a number of members who for one reason or another are unable to or unwilling to build it themselves). I have been reviewing and testing these patches in LineageOS Gerrit for LineageOS 14.1 (Moto G LTE Peregrine) and LineageOS 15.1 (LG G4) when they're posted before they are merged and will be doing the same from this point on for LineageOS 16.0, before uploading for your personal use.

Note: Requires Full Clean Flash when installing rom for 1st time I.E., coming from 14.1 (official or unofficial), etc. - in TWRP wipe Cache, Dalvik cache, System and importantly format Data > Yes before flashing the appropriate Open Gapps (pico Jan. 17th '20, for now - the latest uploads have been presenting problems with Pie) - reboot, then in TWRP install preferred root (latest Magisk version recommended). I do not recommend the Xposed framework that's available for pie as it is closed-source).
    Note: Encryption is not working fully - If you need it, check out the 14.1 rom - it is fully up to date in my latest uploads there.

Download Link for lineage-16.0-20200508-UNOFFICIAL-peregrine.zip
    https://mega.nz/file/MeRQlQjK#Yw4SJBvw5pz8T1OfFoT_hmOt4gS4KbtCLOgWEKdlLQo

I give full credit to the author of this thread @Allstargaurav and in particular to @sevenrock and @RenanQueiroz for their excellent work in getting this rom to this point. Those of you who have not been building this rom for themselves but using the last posted upload by the author of this thread will notice some substantial improvements and should be very pleased with how it performs now. After flashing let the rom settle in for a number of hours to start to see the improvements and reap the full benefit.

How to build & update this rom yourself: Updated for Ubuntu 20.04 based systems.

For those members wishing to build this rom for themselves and keep it updated, The following roomservice.xml file is what I've been using (forked from sevenrock's github site (https://github.com/sevenrock) - full credit to him:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
    <project name="sdembis/android_device_motorola_peregrine" path="device/motorola/peregrine" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="sdembis/android_device_motorola_msm8226-common" path="device/motorola/msm8226-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="sdembis/android_kernel_motorola_msm8226" path="kernel/motorola/msm8226" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="sdembis/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola"
    remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_system_qcom" path="system/qcom" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" revision="lineage-16.0"/>
    </manifest>

* Follow the directions from here for setting up the build environment: Build for peregrine
    - * Do not go any further in setting up your build environment than the paragraph including the Configure git instructions. After setting up the git configuration, ignore the rest of the instructions posted there and follow the guide posted here.

Note: If Building on an Ubuntu 20.04 (e.g., Linux Mint 20.0) or newer based Linux versions show the content of the following:
    To get around all the errors I encountered I had to do the following:

In the "Software Manager" confirm all the following are installed to check your installation method

- openjdk-8-jdk
    - openjdk-8-jdk-headless
    - openjdk-8-jre
    - openjdk-8-jre-headless

with no environment path or any other path you might have set for Java.

Use the Switch Manager command to set Python2 as the default version (refer to this how to - https://linuxconfig.org/ubuntu-20-04-python-version-switch-manager)

Insert (if not already included) export LC_ALL=C and export CCACHE_EXEC=/usr/bin/ccache in, save it and source it for the /.bashrc file.

If you haven't already done so, make sure you install the additional language packs noted in the System Reports.

That should get you going to successfully build for LineageOS on any Ubuntu 20.04 based system.

Recommended:
    - Seriously consider installing Linux Mint - Xfce (for example), in a dual-boot set-up before setting up your build environment. Your builds will run much faster with fewer problems versus setting up your build environment in VirtualBox!
    - add an 8GB swap file (particularly important if running low ram, e.g., 4GB).

Once you've set up the android build environment, initialize the LineageOS source repository inside a new folder labelled, for example, LineageOS_16.0 with the following command:
    repo init -u git://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-16.0

To add the roomservice.xml file
    above to the .repo folder (Note: if the .repo folder is not visible in your LineageOS_16.0 folder after initializing, try Ctrl H to make it visible):
    - make a new folder inside the .repo folder and label the new folder: local_manifests
    - create an empty document inside the local_manifests folder and label it roomservice.xml
    - copy the roomservice.xml file contents exactly as above and paste it into the document, making sure you save it.

Then, in the LineageOS_16.0 folder, open a command prompt, type the following and enter it:
    repo sync --force-sync -c -j1
    (Note: j1 can be a higher number depending on the number of cores your processor has - the default is j4 but I have had the fewest problems using j1 initially if trying to build with lower ram).

Recomended:
    - Turn on caching to speed up your builds:
    export USE_CCACHE=1 (add the line to your ~/.bashrc file using this command, for example: sudo nano ~/.bashrc to open the file, before adding the line and saving it). Then update your environment using this command: source ~/.profile
    - In the LineageOS_14.1 folder you created open a command prompt and type & enter the following:
    prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/ccache -M 50G this will permanently set your cache to 50GB and speed up your builds hugely. Only has to be done once.
    - Configure Jack by adding this as well to your ~/.bashrc file, the same way that you set up using ccache:
    export ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xms8G -Xmx8G. Then update your environment using this command: source ~/.profile. Adjust the -Xms8G -Xmx8G if trying to build with lower ram (e.g., 4GB). I'm currently running 20GB ram (shortly going to 24) and use 8GB for these particular commands.
    - Note: If running very low ram (Not recommended as you will likely have problems or fail to complete the build, but if trying to build with, e.g., 4 GB), set jack.server.max-service=1 in the .jack-server folder in /home/"user-name"/.jack-server/config.properties (open the config.properties file with a text editor, make the change and save it). The default is jack.server.max-service=4.
    * If experiencing out of memory issues/stalls etc. building with jack-server/Java and you have a swap file/partition seriously consider enabling ZSWAP with lz4 compression - refer to this excellent how-to and follow it exactly: http://grimore.org/linux/zswap

Then to build the rom, use the following commands in the LineageOS_16.0 folder, separately in order:
    . build/envsetup.sh && croot - then, when it's completed
    brunch peregrine - where the rom build actually takes place

Your rom zip file will be found in the out > target > product > peregrine folder in your LineageOS_16.0 folder.

Once you've completed a successful build refer to the following to learn how to update the critical security patches by thealaskalinuxuser: How to manually update your custom rom source code with security updates - as I mentioned above in my previous post, it's not that difficult a process but you do have to build the rom again and test it to make sure all is in order.

To do another build when a new security patch is posted, run the make clobber command in the LineageOS_16.0 folder to clean out the previous build and the ccache -c command to clean-up the ccache build-up before running the repo-sync --force-sync - c -j1 command again, then check the security patch date (in /build/core/version_defaults.mk) and, only if needed and you cannot repopick the security patch topic from the LineageOS Gerrit site, add the security additions/deletions (copy and paste the additions, removing the + signs, and delete the subtractions) to the relevant files and then run the build again with the . build/envsetup.sh && croot and brunch peregrine commands.