[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0] PixelExperience 9.0 for Nexus 4 (mako)

Search This thread

AndroidGuy087

Aug 11, 2019
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FGtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for LG Nexus 4 (mako)

To install this ROM, you must resize your system partition to at least 1500MB (1.5GB). For instructions on this, see this tutorial on XDA.

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP/CAF based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

What's working?
I don't know, as I do not yet have the device. If someone who has it could test it, that would be much appreciated!

December 2019 security patch
Android 9.0 Pie​

ROM download

Don't flash GAPPS, they are already included

XDA:DevDB Information
PixelExperience, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
ChasTech
Source Code: https://github.com/ChasTechProjects/android_device_lge_mako

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2020-11-19
Last Updated 2020-11-19

AndroidGuy087

Aug 11, 2019
Hello everyone! I am a phone collector and have become interested in the LG Nexus 4 recently. However, I do not yet have the device nor have I purchased it, as I am still looking for good deals for second hand devices. In the meantime, I have built this ROM by adapting the Lineage device tree to work with AOSP ROMs, and then building Pixel Experience 9.0. It would be much appreciated if those who have the device could test out the ROM for me. Remember, you will need to resize system partition, a tutorial for that is linked.

Prevailious

Dec 10, 2010
Hi, thank you for making this rom and I'm excited to try this out. But I keep getting E1001 Error 7 (Log attached). I tried TWRP 3.4.0.0 and 3.3.1.0. Please advise--

AndroidGuy087

Aug 11, 2019
Hi, thank you for making this rom and I'm excited to try this out. But I keep getting E1001 Error 7 (Log attached). I tried TWRP 3.4.0.0 and 3.3.1.0. Please advise--

That link to the log says error 404 not found. But error 7 usually means not enough space on the system partition. You need to resize the system partition, the tutorial is linked in the original post.

Prevailious

Dec 10, 2010
That link to the log says error 404 not found. But error 7 usually means not enough space on the system partition. You need to resize the system partition, the tutorial is linked in the original post.

You are absolutely right. I was following that guide word for word so only had 1400 MB system. I just stole some from Usedata and now it's booting.
-- 5 minutes later it finally booted into "System UI stopped working" and now black screen. Lol.

Last edited:

AndroidGuy087

Aug 11, 2019
You are absolutely right. I was following that guide word for word so only had 1400 MB system. I just stole some from Usedata and now it's booting.
-- 5 minutes later it finally booted into "System UI stopped working" and now black screen. Lol.

Try erasing data, cache, system, etc in TWRP and reinstalling again.

missytoby2000

Jul 18, 2013
Redmi Note 9 Pro
LG Nexus 4 second hand device deal

Hello everyone! I am a phone collector and have become interested in the LG Nexus 4 recently. However, I do not yet have the device nor have I purchased it, as I am still looking for good deals for second-hand devices. In the meantime, I have built this ROM by adapting the Lineage device tree to work with AOSP ROMs, and then building Pixel Experience 9.0. It would be much appreciated if those who have the device could test out the ROM for me. Remember, you will need to resize system partition, a tutorial for that is linked.

Hi! Thank you for your work. I am too looking for a second hand or refurb Nexus 4 and found it at eBay for 35 bucks. I don't know if I can post the link here, so I prefer not to but to point you there instead. I just looked for an "android phone" and then applied these filters to the search: Network: Unlocked; RAM: 2 GB; Storage capacity: 16 GB, and Screen Size: 4.0 - 4.4. in, as I need it to be small to fit into hubby's pocket. Also, I search only within Buy it Now offers. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

yjwoo

Oct 29, 2015
Shanghai
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FGtwTyCR.png

Pixel Experience for LG Nexus 4 (mako)

To install this ROM, you must resize your system partition to at least 1500MB (1.5GB). For instructions on this, see this tutorial on XDA.

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP/CAF based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 9.0

What's working?
I don't know, as I do not yet have the device. If someone who has it could test it, that would be much appreciated!

December 2019 security patch
Android 9.0 Pie

ROM download

Don't flash GAPPS, they are already included

Download latest build here

XDA:DevDB Information
PixelExperience, ROM for the Google Nexus 4

Contributors
ChasTech
Source Code: https://github.com/ChasTechProjects/android_device_lge_mako

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Testing

Created 2020-11-19
Last Updated 2020-11-19
Download Link is not working. Can you update it?