• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0][tb8504f/x] LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo TAB4 8

Search This thread

FreyrFox

Jan 22, 2018
Need a wee bit o help.

Cannot for the life of me get this thing to work on my tb-8504f. followed every listed step, have formatted data and done wipes and whatnot prior. For a while I had issues with error 7, so I had to edit/delete the assert/getprop. 99% of the time, it gets hung up while flashing with `detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system`, among other issues in TWRP. It will just hang there for seemingly forever. I got close once, I have absolutely 0 clue how but it went through and seemed to successfully flash, but then I got stuck on the boot animation for 2 hours, which is not normal I'd reckon. Now I'm back at square two, and ready to give up on any form of custom rom.

hussainr

Feb 6, 2010
Shiraz
Thanks for your tips
I installed it but it has problems
1- To connect usb otg, the device must be restarted
2- When charging off, the screen of the device constantly turns on and vibrates
3- Can not find WiFi in hidden mode
4- It is not connected to the TV with cast
5-Disable Google Assistant
I want usb otg enabled. I could not rw / system via root on path
/system/etc/permissions:confused:

I have None of the problems except for the otg one which I did not test yet everything else works , I side loaded the rom reboot the gapps reboot

hussainr

Feb 6, 2010
Shiraz
Btw great battery life:laugh:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102-002802_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20201102-002802_Settings.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 70

lccr193

May 15, 2019
Actually use device simulation (Magisk hide props config)with this rom, it works flawlessly......

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 AM ----------

Yeah, Lenovo tb-8704f/x android 10 and the developer is guess who, @highwaystar_ru
I hope he skips android 10 and works directly on android 11 (Lineage OS 18), I can directly update this device from the updater app it he sends an update, since I don't have device encryption and my data partition can be directly mounted in twrp, so I can provide logs and can also report bugs, issues, and also some other forms of help for room development...

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

Hello everyone, I have a list of things to do if you are daily driving this rom....
Firstly, install magisk, then install the following modules,
1. Google dialer framework
2. Magisk hide props config
3. Universal GMS doze
4.VoEnabler,
Enable magisk hide and hide all apps, then use magisk hide props config, and set a certified fingerprint, then enable all options in device simulation (it works and is stable), then manage all app settings in Trust and change all settings to your needs, and enjoy!

lccr193

May 15, 2019
I m just amazed by the battery life :laugh:
Same here, out can last for about a month with extremely light usage, but I'm taking online classes, so 4 hours of continuous use on balanced power profile, the battery doesn't drop below 65% even after 30 minutes of screen presentation, 2 chrome tabs open at the same time... But another thing I noticed is that, with the power profile set to efficiency, the performance is nice and the tab doesn't go below 70%... Power save is best for standby for example, when there is an extended power outage, there was a power outage for 2 days and it only dropped to 98% (2 phone calls, 30 SMS messages and 10 minutes of RCS chatting) I recommend you to set the profile to efficiency for normal usage with great battery life!
I hope @highwaystar_ru gets Lineage OS 18 up and running and makes it stable for daily use!

adazem009

Guys show some activity here maybe the developer gets encourage to build more roms :D:D:D

I can try to port Ubuntu Touch or Plasma Mobile because I have some experience with it. Just tell me if I should start ;)
Lenovo TB-8504X meets all the requirements Halium needs so it shouldn't be a problem. However, this is the first time I'm going to port Halium 9.0.

invaderisss

Nov 24, 2020
8GB Storage except of a 16GB

Hello so system is smooth and looks fantastic, but i have a little problem and i dont know how to solve. After the installation in the settings i can see my tablet has 8gb internal storage, 6gb already used by system. But my tab4 8 is a 16gb model. Where did 8gb disappear? I would like to use all of my memory not just half of it if it is possible. Any solution?
Thank you and thanks for a nice rom. :D

lccr193

May 15, 2019
I can try to port Ubuntu Touch or Plasma Mobile because I have some experience with it. Just tell me if I should start ;)
Lenovo TB-8504X meets all the requirements Halium needs so it shouldn't be a problem. However, this is the first time I'm going to port Halium 9.0.

Actually, could you please try porting Lineage OS 17.1 or 18, also, if you need logs for any issues, we will process provide them, please try porting android 10/11 for this device...

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Also, the reason we want you to port android based roms, is because, since we are in lockdown, we have to work on these devices, and most of the apps that I work on only are on android, I mean, Ubuntu touch would be great, but it can't be used as a daily driver rom in our current use cases, so that is why try to port Lineage OS 17.1/18 because Lineage OS will be stable, and we are familiar with it, and can also flash the open gapps package and use Google services without any additional steps... (If you require any logs or want us to check for any bugs, we will do that if possible!)

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Hello so system is smooth and looks fantastic, but i have a little problem and i dont know how to solve. After the installation in the settings i can see my tablet has 8gb internal storage, 6gb already used by system. But my tab4 8 is a 16gb model. Where did 8gb disappear? I would like to use all of my memory not just half of it if it is possible. Any solution?
Thank you and thanks for a nice rom. :D
Actually, I to faced this issue in the beginning, but I was able to fix it by restoring the boot partition, system partition using a twrp backup, to the stock rom, after that, format the data partition and install the Lineage OS package, it will then install, then wipe the data partition once again just to be sure, and then reboot to system, the first boot will take a bit of a long time, if it doesn't boot after 15-20 minutes then you might have messed something up... (Also, I recommend flashing the open gapps package right after installing the os, as it won't cause play services crash issue...)

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Actually, try starting with Lineage OS, because it can be daily driven without any extreme limitations...

lccr193

May 15, 2019
It'll be a bit harder to port, but it's possible. I just need to port the device tree, common tree, vendor tree and kernel source to LOS 17.1

I hope you will be able to pull off the feat and give a better life for this device...

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

how does linage 17 or 18 sound ? :D
Actually, speaking of los 18, it is still being worked upon so we should wait a bit more before trying to port it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
    Calls/SMS/Mobile data
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Camera
    Audio
    FM radio
    WLAN and USB tethering
    Broken
    You tell me

Source code:
    device : https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_TB8504, https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_tb-common/tree/lineage-16.0-msm8937
    kernel: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-16.0-tb8504
    vendor: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/proprietary_vendor_lenovo/tree/lineage-16.0-msm8937

2020-03-19
    • Fixed USB flash mounting when using OTG
    mailru: lineage-16.0-20200319-UNOFFICIAL-TB8504.zip
    gdrive: lineage-16.0-20200319-UNOFFICIAL-TB8504.zip

Previous versions:

2020-03-13
    • Fixed graphical issues
    • Fixed USB modem mode
    • Selinux now enforcing
    mailru: lineage-16.0-20200313-UNOFFICIAL-TB8504.zip
    gdrive: lineage-16.0-20200313-UNOFFICIAL-TB8504.zip

2020-03-04
    • first release
    mailru: lineage-16.0-20200304-UNOFFICIAL-TB8504.zip
    gdrive: lineage-16.0-20200304-UNOFFICIAL-TB8504.zip

How to install
    You have to had TWRP installed from this thread TWRP and ROOT for Tab 4 8/10 (Plus) (TB-8704X/F/V,TB-X704L/F, TB-8504X/F, TB-X304L/F or one from link below

In TWRP clean Data if you coming from stock ROM and do Install of this ROM. If you have android 8 stock rom installed you have to format Data with data loss, because used encryption is incompatible with android 7.1

TWRP
    Built from omnirom android 9.0 source (twrp 3.3.1), includes same kernel as Lineage build, with support for pstore (kernel logs after crash), exfat, ntfs, reboot to EDL mode.
    mailru: twrp-3.3.1-1-TB8504.img
    gdrive: twrp-3.3.1-1-TB8504.img

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0][tb8504f/x] LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo TAB4 8, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
    highwaystar_ru
    Source Code: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-16.0-tb8504

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOs

Version Information

Created 2020-03-04
    Last Updated 2020-03-19
    Can this be installed on my 8704v?

No, it is only for 8504, it has different SOC.

Update here
    • Fixed graphical issues
    • Fixed USB modem mode
    • Selinux now enforcing
    Managed to install Lineage on my TB-8504F, but it doesnt get past the Lineage boot animation, no matter how long I leave it.

Pushed TWRP to Recovery, formatted as required. Had to amend the Lineage image to remove the device checks, as although I definately have TB-8504F, it didnt like that TWRP reported it as TB_8504f - ?

Installed and installed GAPPS, cant get past load screen.

I do have a backup, so not concerned, but frustrated!

Any help appreciated

Same issue here. Did you manage to resolve it?

Hey, just spent all day resolving this issue. I remembered seeing you two running into it as well, and wanted to make sure I came back here and follow up.

First, the solution: (I think these steps should work for both TB-8504f and TB-8504x variants, and honestly could be used with just about for any Lenovo device)
    - Download and install Lenovo's "Rescue and Smart Assistant" software (Looks like it's Windows only, PM me if you're on Linux or MacOS and I'll try and share the stock image when I get time) https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds101291
    - The program is pretty straightforward, but select "Rescue" -> "Lenovo Tablet" -> "Lenovo Tab4 8" -> etc. and select your device as precisely as you can.
    - Download the stock image (mine was about 2gb) and when it finishes click "Rescue Now"
    - Follow the instructions exactly - I tried to ignore parts about unplugging, turning it off, plugging it back in, etc because I thought they were walking me through booting into recovery. It seems like there really is some proprietary thing that kicks the restoration off when you plug the usb cable in with the device off while holding the "Volume Up" button.
    - Once it finishes, you should boot back into the stock OS. It does take a while - I thought it was stuck in another bootloop, so I restarted my device once, but it eventually got past the boot screen.

From there, following the instructions in the OP should work.
    - If you're reading this then you've probably already unlocked your bootloader, but just in case reboot into the bootloader and run "fastboot oem unlock-go"
    - Then flash the version of TWRP linked in this post (v3.3.x, NOT the one linked in the large TWRP post for this device, which I believe is v3.2.x)
    - Reboot into recovery (I had to physically do this, as the fastboot command kept rebooting me into the OS for some reason)
    - Wipe Data -> Swipe for Factory Reset -> Advanced Settings -> Change "System", "Data", and "Cache" to use "F2FS" for the filesystem (this file system is a little faster than Ext4, but not at all necessary)
    - From the home menu go to Advanced -> ADB Sideload and load the ROM, then load Gapps (I used Nano)
    - That's it! It does take a little time to boot, so don't get scared and think you're in another boot loop. Eventually you'll see the setup wizard.

What I think happened is that somewhere earlier in the thread someone uploaded an ADB backup file for the TB-8504x with instructions on restoring it via ADB, and that messed something up in the vendor file for my TB-8504f.

Or, whatever firmware the tablet originally had was not fully compatible with this ROM or TWRP version, and whatever stock firmware Lenovo pushes through that recovery app is. Either way, I'm finally up and running. Wasted a whole day on it.
    Update:
    2020-03-19
    • Fixed USB flash drives mounting connected by OTG
    Hey guys , try crdroid rom by dev. @adazem009 , super smooth rom with many customization
    Thread '[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10.0][tb8504f/x] crDroid 6.x for Lenovo TAB4 8' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...504f-x-crdroid-6-x-for-lenovo-tab4-8.4313297/