[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0][tb8703f/x/r/n] LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo TAB 3 8 plus P8

Search This thread

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
Calls/SMS/Mobile data
Wifi
Bluetooth
GPS
Camera
Audio
FM radio
Torchlight
USB and WLAN tethering

Broken
You tell me

Source code:
device : https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_device_lenovo_TB8703/tree/lineage-16.0
kernel: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-16.0-common
vendor: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_vendor_lenovo_TB8703/tree/lineage-16.0

2019-08-11
  • Updated Lineage code
mailru: lineage-16.0-20190811-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip
gdrive: lineage-16.0-20190811-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip

Previous versions:
2019-06-08
  • Updated Lineage code. (circle battery animation, new wallpaper app, Night mode)
  • Updated init scripts, fixed startup of some services
  • enforcing selinux
  • removed telephony apps for wifi version
  • First test build from common sources together with Lenovo Ta4 10 plus developers : @codeworkx and @yener90 . Common sources link https://github.com/lenovo-devs
mailru: lineage-16.0-20190608-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip
gdrive: lineage-16.0-20190608-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip

2019-05-10
  • Updated Lineage code
  • Added wireless display broadcast
mailru: lineage-16.0-20190510-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip
gdrive: lineage-16.0-20190510-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip

2018-04-21
  • Fixed reboot to recovery and bootloader from reboot menu
  • Fixed long time to wake up screen
  • Fixed Deep sleep
mailru lineage-16.0-20190421-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip
gmail lineage-16.0-20190421-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip

2018-04-20
  • Initial release
mailru lineage-16.0-20190420-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip
gmail lineage-16.0-20190420-UNOFFICIAL-TB8703.zip

How to install
To install this you have to install TWRP using by QFIL utility, follow this instruction: https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/twrp-lenovo-p8-tb-8703f-tb-8703x-t3689442/post76277192

Special TWRP build
To install and boot any custom roms and to boot it after installing mods that change boot partitition like Magisk please use this TWRP:
2018-08-25
  • Fixed long time to wakeup screen in TWRP
  • Added NTFS filesystem for sdcards
mailru: twrp-tb8703-3.2.1-20180825-bootsign.img
gdrive: twrp-tb8703-3.2.1-20180825-bootsign.img

Previous version

[*] Первая версия
mailru: twrp-tb8703-3.2.1-bootsign.img
gdrive: twrp-tb8703-3.2.1-bootsign.img

This TWRP build has special function Sign boot which you have to click after install new version of ROM or mod like Magisk. It will append stock boot signature to your boot partition. This allows to boot with locked bootloader.
TWRP with Boot Sign function screenshots:

Fortunately you dont need to unlock bootloader, because not every Lenovo tab can be unlocked. Custom kernel and ROM can be runned by appending boot.sig signature extracted from stock rom to boot.img like
Code:
cat boot.img boot.sig > boot-signed.img
It still cant be loaded by fastboot, but you always can flash it from TWRP. You can get boot.sig in my repo https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_device_lenovo_TB8703/blob/cm-14.1/twrp/recovery/root/boot.sig

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0][tb8703f/x/r/n] LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo TAB 3 8 plus P8, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
highwaystar_ru
Source Code: https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-16.0-common

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOs

Version Information

Created 2019-04-20
Last Updated 2019-08-11

wbn1

Nov 29, 2016
Restart to recovery/bootloader don't work. The tablet restarts to OS in both cases. (dev menu -> advanced restart)
I'll post more bugs as I'll find them.

wbn1

Nov 29, 2016
It doesn't connect to hidden SSID wifi network. when adding a network there's an option to specify that the SSID is hidden or not.. :eek:
Rotate lock screen isn't present in Settings but it appears in Search.
Ethernet connection doesn't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhden2x

tomas.vala

Aug 19, 2018
I have upgraded from latest 15.1. Some observations:
  • Vibration does not work for me in the initial 16.0 release.
  • Longer wake up time (i see it's fixed in new built).
  • I also didn't realize 15.1 gapps are not compatible with 16.0 so after upgrading just the LOS I experienced gapps crash fest. It's better after installing MindTheGaps9 but now launches and crashes some silly Pixel Phone wizard app on almost every transition to home screen, preventing opening home screen. There is a workaround getting to home screen by using history button and clicking on background. Some apps failed to start, like Youtube but reinstallation healed the issue.
  • System seems to be nice, smooth and responsive. Very nice upgrade.

Catscratch

Mar 10, 2012
Thank you. The 15.1 built was amazing already.
Do we have to flash new gaaps when upgrading?

Of course.

Upgrade process should look like this:
- create a backup!!!
- wipe system, cache, dalvik
- flash los 16
- flash open gapps for pie (i use Pico)
- optional: flash your root solution (I use magisk)
- sign boot
- reboot

Armando Lopez

Jun 17, 2016
Mexico
Hey dude, thanks for your great work, everything's working fine, but I have a problem when try to screen mirroring to my tv because every time I do the tablet crash and restart... Can you fix it please? In lineage 15 doesn't have that problem. Thanks in advance.

lu99ke

Aug 20, 2014
Newcastle
Man, you are a legend!! Working great!! Thankyou sooooo much!

In regards to vibration not working... Mine is working but it is very light when say pressing home button. Working but much lighter vibration than before.

I use Gboard so I can just increase that vibration fine.

Thanks again!!

patton82

Apr 27, 2009
Thanks for the update, works very well for me

Inviato dal mio Lenovo TB-8703F utilizzando Tapatalk

Mhden2x

Sep 11, 2012
Guys, can you find "ambient display"? There's no option in Setings> Display, but if you search in Settings, 2 results appear with no use unfortunately :(

Mhden2x

Sep 11, 2012
There's a LiveDisplay in settings. I think it's the same thing.
Well, I just want to have the display turned on when a notification arrives.
LiveDisplay is Day/Night color tweak etc... Ambient Display is that option to have the display turned on when notifications arrive/ when you pick up the tablet etc.
The weird thing is that if you use search in settings, you can see that the option is there somewhere. But when you tap it you go nowhere :eek::confused:

wbn1

Nov 29, 2016
Well, I just want to have the display turned on when a notification arrives.
LiveDisplay is Day/Night color tweak etc... Ambient Display is that option to have the display turned on when notifications arrive/ when you pick up the tablet etc.
The weird thing is that if you use search in settings, you can see that the option is there somewhere. But when you tap it you go nowhere :eek::confused:

Ah sorry. I've never used Ambiend display before and I tought that they might be the same thing.
Same bug with Rotate lockscreen.

If anyone find a Google Camera app that works, please post it in the topic. Thanks

Reactions: Mhden2x

Mhden2x

Sep 11, 2012
I noticed that not all notifications from twitter appear with this ROM comparing with 15.1... So I thought I could return to 15.1 by wiping Cache/ Dalvik/ System and flashing the Oreo ROM + Gapps. Unfortunately Android started booting but ended up in TWRP. Most probably full wipe is needed.
So I decided to flash Pie again! I wiped cache/ dalvik/ system, flashed LOS 16 + Gapps, rebooted.. this time it booted to Android normally, but now I have no notifications from any app at all! Yikes! Any clues guys?

ManuCE2

Mar 1, 2008
Good morning.
Thanks for all.
I have a problem. I installed the new LineageOS 16.0 but the wifi does not activate. When active it is deactivated by itself. Thanks for your help.

Top Liked Posts