• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0][tb8704f/x] LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo TAB4 8 plus

Search This thread

lancebuks

Mar 29, 2012
Yokosuka
Strange thing was that the wifi device did not get any mac address assigned with the original Lenovo firmware.
Thanks for all the hints!

Kind regards, mistersixt.
Hi mistersixt - I've seen the exact same thing on my device. The workaround that I found that works is to flash TB-8704X_S000026_170707_ROW_QFIL which will fix the wifi then flash TB_8704X_S001025_190606_ROW_QFIL which will keep the wifi working. Or just flash LOS and not worry about it :)

Reactions: mistersixt

jcthrower

May 5, 2011
FWIW, just flashed 14.1 on my 8704v with a modified boot file (see below) and it worked! Thanks so much for everyone developing this. I am willing to test 16.1 whenever you want to send my way!

Modified Boot file found here:
(https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=81786103&postcount=27)
took the lineage 14.1 zip, replaced the "boot" file in the zip with the file (renamed to boot) found in the above link.

I have had this tablet listed to sell the last couple weeks (with little interest) because of the crap wifi, but after turning to XDA looks like it may have gotten new life breathed into it! I only got to test wifi for about 20 minutes or so last night, but (fingers crossed) everything was working great!

jcthrower

May 5, 2011
Can anyone confirm if google assistant ambient mode is working on 16.1? I am planning on buying the upgraded Lenovo smart tab M10 (or M8) with google assistant and the dock, to allow google assistant ambient mode. But if there is a way to get that up and running on this tablet there would be no need. Is there an apk, or a device identifier switch that I can change to enable the functionality? It has been confirmed that most devices running 8.0 and higher will get it, but I think its a server side google switch to enable it, as oneplus phones just got it a couple weeks ago....

Last edited:

Thelonyous

Feb 21, 2020
I had a very similar situation where I had to set /system to rw (read-write), that did the trick on my TB8704F.

Kind regards, mistersixt.

I can't get that to work either.
By now I have given up on Lineage and I am just happy with root.
However I want to change the bootanimation and I can't do that without read write.

I tried KreAch3r's modified file https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77781453&postcount=1014 but it's not working.
I even installed Magisk 17.1, to no avail.

What version are you using?

Last edited:

Hnktc

Aug 31, 2011
Italy

lancebuks

Mar 29, 2012
Yokosuka
lineage-16.0-20200309-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704

Hi, latest build available with the March security patch.

All I did was sync the repo and build - the latest patch was added by the LOS team.

Dirty flash and clean flash was fine and everything seems to be working.

Download
lineage-16.0-20200309-UNOFFICIAL-TB8704.zip

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200311-144927_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200311-144927_Settings.png
    100 KB · Views: 137

mr.inter

Dec 27, 2012
Zabbar
Can anyone state whether the battery life for the TB-8704F on LOS 16 is better/worse/same compared to stock Nougat / Oreo ROMs.

Mine is slightly worse (around 10% per hour active battery drain compared to 6-7% on stock - with no app issues) and am thinking to perform a factory reset.

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
FWIW, just flashed 14.1 on my 8704v with a modified boot file (see below) and it worked! Thanks so much for everyone developing this. I am willing to test 16.1 whenever you want to send my way!
Please anyone with TB8704V try this boot.img boot-los16.0-tb8704v-test20200316.img

flash it to boot partitition as image in TWRP install, after lineage 16.0 installation. Please report if it boots and display, camera,sound, etc works.

Reactions: benpage

jcthrower

May 5, 2011
Please anyone with TB8704V try this boot.img boot-los16.0-tb8704v-test20200316.img

flash it to boot partitition as image in TWRP install, after lineage 16.0 installation. Please report if it boots and display, camera,sound, etc works.

Ok I have a 8704v. I took the boot image and replace the one in the full lineage 16.0 package, did a full wipe (was on lineage 14.0) and it worked! Tested the camera, wifi and mobile data, all seem to work great! Thank you so much for your hard work!

Reactions: Sage

jcthrower

May 5, 2011
After some more testing, finger print scanner and bluetooth is working. Also, wifi seems a little more stable than the lineage 14.0 build, which is great, because I was wanting to use it to xbox game stream! Thanks again!

Note to anyone installing:
If you install GAPPs at the same time you flash the rom, skip the initial google account setup, if not it gets stuck on the google assistant page. I have no idea why, even if you try to skip only that step, I had to skip the whole google account setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: dahawthorne

Sage

Dec 12, 2005
AU
so i have a tb8704-v which was on the 7.1.1. Unlocked OEM, booted TWRP 3.2.3-0. Full Wipe, Flashed LoS, Gapps and the "V" boot image. All worked fine with no errors other than it complaining it couldnt mount "Lenovocust".

Though then i get infinite LoS logo.. doesnt appear to bootloop..

Tried again with format internal storage.. no luck.

Tried again with TWRP 3.3.1-0. Still no change..

Am i missing something?

From my other experience with Android doesnt ver 7 to 8/9 require an updated bootloader? Which mine wouldnt have as it was on 7.x

I havent seen any stock 8.x image for my tb8704-v and when i check for updates on stock there is none available.

/edit

I think i am right.. LoS 14.1 works fine. I think i need to be on 8.x to go to 9. Though my device doesnt seem to have 8.x available..

Last edited:

DipXDA1

Mar 29, 2020
Issue with microphone with last 2 builds

Hi,

I've been using the build for a long while but trying to use the last 2 builds on my tab 4 plus (no sim) whether I do a clean or dirty flash results in the microphone not working? Is there a way to resolve this?

Ecthelion3

Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

I've been using the build for a long while but trying to use the last 2 builds on my tab 4 plus (no sim) whether I do a clean or dirty flash results in the microphone not working? Is there a way to resolve this?
Is it not working at all or is it (just) very quiet? Because in my case the microphone is working, but it's much too quiet.

Top Liked Posts