[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0][tbx304f/l/x] LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo TAB4 10

Search This thread

Muad.Dib

• Trying to try this out, having an issue flashing the zip in TWRP though. Has been "installing" for multiple hours now, with the progress bar very near the end for most of that time. Doesn't look like an error is occurring, just doesn't want to finish. I booted the 3.4.0 TWRP image from this post, rather than the 3.3.1 TWRP from the linked TWRP and Root for ... post.

View attachment 5220857

did you get anywhere with this? ... i am stuck at the exact same point. I have X304F.

From my experience you need to first flash the TWRP version which is working for you in recovery, then try to install zip. Just did it on mine after I had same issue you mentioned and it worked like a charm.

However when LOS installed, looks like my display (X304F) is not aligned right or its density is wrong because it does not press where I press....

Hope this helps anyway, maybe you wont get the same issue I have.

Regards,

Muad.Dib

• there is issue with touch in the 12-12-2020 file the touch is mal aligned in my tab by two inches. im not complaining, it says you tell me whats broken so writing here. and Thanks a Lot for the ROM man

Edit: I tried the other release and I have the same problem, any help would be appreciated!

Have you got anywhere with this? I have exact same issue you have on X304F and I am very unsure why and if it could possibly be fixed. I'll be very sad if I cannot make this work.... Love LOS....

Please let me know.

Regards,

EDIT1:
    From what I am reading in this thread, it would look like this LOS package would be actually intended for the L version and not working properly on the F version, both of them probably sharing some but not all hardware.
    I am unsure but It would like screen might be different hardware, maybe even resolution.
    I had the same problem using the TWRP version provided without the 'F' at the end (just x304 no letter) and touch was not aligned right.
    Now could this be fixed easily? I dont know of LOS enough to tell that, maybe someone do? @highwaystar_ru ?
    I'd be more than happy to test on my device or provide data which could help fix the ROM for the F device.

Last edited:

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
    Have you got anywhere with this? I have exact same issue you have on X304F and I am very unsure why and if it could possibly be fixed. I'll be very sad if I cannot make this work.... Love LOS....

Please let me know.

Regards,

EDIT1:
    From what I am reading in this thread, it would look like this LOS package would be actually intended for the L version and not working properly on the F version, both of them probably sharing some but not all hardware.
    I am unsure but It would like screen might be different hardware, maybe even resolution.
    I had the same problem using the TWRP version provided without the 'F' at the end (just x304 no letter) and touch was not aligned right.
    Now could this be fixed easily? I dont know of LOS enough to tell that, maybe someone do? @highwaystar_ru ?
    I'd be more than happy to test on my device or provide data which could help fix the ROM for the F device.
    Could you please test this TWRP build https://cloud.mail.ru/public/AU29/uv1CLEfEs

x304 source code really helps, fixed fast charger and fixed some code in touchscreen driver. Please check if test twrp fixes touchsreen issue. Lineage 17.1 with updated kernel is on the way.

Manan Santoki

Jun 29, 2018
    Could you please test this TWRP build https://cloud.mail.ru/public/AU29/uv1CLEfEs

x304 source code really helps, fixed fast charger and fixed some code in touchscreen driver. Please check if test twrp fixes touchsreen issue. Lineage 17.1 with updated kernel is on the way.

Twrp works well without touchscreen issue but i, the same touch screen issue is now in rom itself, please tell how to fix ?

21prods

Sep 2, 2013
    Hey guys,

By any chance would any of you have a fastboot 7.1 stock image for X304F? I recently lost my backups due to a crash and I'd like to get those images before they get lost forever. Already hard to find on the web... still struggling.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Try this (I cannot tell you for sure that the download will start, but it seems the link still works):

Edit: You will need QFIL tool to install it, I don't think it's possible to do so through fastboot.

Last edited:

Muad.Dib

• Could you please test this TWRP build https://cloud.mail.ru/public/AU29/uv1CLEfEs

Hey @highwaystar_ru !

First of all let me take the opportunity to thank you for all the work you did for all the devices I own in the past (lenovo tabs mainly) and keep doing today! Besides unlocking control on our devices like ability to free ourselves from google and manufacturer bloatware, your work did more for the planet by prolonging life of perfectly working devices way beyond what was planned by manufacturer. I am so grateful to you for that

Now back on x304f, indeed that version of Twrp fixed the touch issue I mentioned.

If I am not mistaking you moved completely to Q (LOS) and have not kept your building environnement for P (space hungry whore thingy they are). For many reasons I am not ready to do that just yet, I still have many devices I have too keep on P for now.
    So I am planning on retake LOS 16 (if you don't mind) as a personal project, firstly simply to push the latest security patch avail for all those devices I still have.
    But my understanding of things will definitely not allow me to 'patch' LOS to make it work on a device where it is not already working properly already like x304f for example. Can this be done? Would you mind giving me some pointers?
    I suppose what you tried for TWRP (way faster to compile) has to be done for LOS?
    How do you do that? Could you lead me a little?
    Because the twrp-3.2.3-0-tb_x304l I had found was working properly with touch, so I guess the source files were there to make LOS16 work too on this x304f device too no?

I have all the hardware already, all I need is to set up the building environment (still hesitating between ubuntu and debian...) and start doing it.
    Any advice would be very appreciated in the matter.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Muad.Dib

• Try this (I cannot tell you for sure that the download will start, but it seems the link still works):

Edit: You will need QFIL tool to install it, I don't think it's possible to do so through fastboot.
    Tyvm for the link. Going to get it as a safety belt in case I seriously mess up with things here.

But I wonder why I cannot find any fastboot image like for all the other devices I own, they are so much more convenient when you only need to quickly fix something you know exactly how you broke it. Will keep looking maybe I'll get lucky!

Regards!

rustyrust

Dec 22, 2020

Please let me know.

Regards,

EDIT1: From what I am reading in this thread, it would look like this LOS package would be actually intended for the L version and not working properly on the F version, both of them probably sharing some but not all hardware.
    Nah the touch in the rom isn't working and then i stopped trying as well. Did it work for you?

Muad.Dib

• Nah the touch in the rom isn't working and then i stopped trying as well. Did it work for you?

No it does not work for me either. Cannot make it work unless the rom is rebuilt specifically for the device. But now most of the devs have moved to Q. Reason why I am trying to set up a building env for P myself and retake LOS16 projects for the devices I own, if I manage to get things working that is. If anyone can help get things running will definitely be appreciated.
    We will see how this turns out.

Meanwhile if you want to move to Q yourself, something I am not ready for myself, you can get the newer LOS 17.1 Rom provided by @highwaystar_ru .

You have to use new rom. Here is Lineage 17.1 (android 10) build https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...8-rom-for-the-lenovo-thinkpad-tablet.4259205/

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

Muad.Dib

• Could you please test this TWRP build https://cloud.mail.ru/public/AU29/uv1CLEfEs

Hey @highwaystar_ru,

Good news (well more or less), my LOS16 building environment is set up and rolling. Will release an update (security patch updated) for TB--8704F you also released after I have time to test the package on my own tablet. The building process ended up with a zip file and no error so I assume that's a good sign, well at least I hope so.

My knowledge of Android and LOS is not extended enough for me to be able to patch your LOS16 release for X304F, but you obviously know what you are doing and if you can patch it, I can compile it since you are now on LOS17.1 (Q) branch. I have no idea but maybe that's just a matter of a few files like you did for TWRP few days ago and which is now working perfectly with touch.

All I need to know is how to add a few other devices on top of the one I have downloaded all the source for and built already, being TB-8704F.

I am pretty sure we would make at least a few people happy with and updated LOS16 release for x304 and working for F.

For now I am just happy I managed to build LOS16 for a device ;)

Let's hope it works,

Regards,

Reactions: rustyrust

rustyrust

Dec 22, 2020
    Hey @highwaystar_ru,

Good news (well more or less), my LOS16 building environment is set up and rolling. Will release an update (security patch updated) for TB--8704F you also released after I have time to test the package on my own tablet. The building process ended up with a zip file and no error so I assume that's a good sign, well at least I hope so.

My knowledge of Android and LOS is not extended enough for me to be able to patch your LOS16 release for X304F, but you obviously know what you are doing and if you can patch it, I can compile it since you are n
    No it does not work for me either. Cannot make it work unless the rom is rebuilt specifically for the device. But now most of the devs have moved to Q. Reason why I am trying to set up a building env for P myself and retake LOS16 projects for the devices I own, if I manage to get things working that is. If anyone can help get things running will definitely be appreciated.
    We will see how this turns out.

Meanwhile if you want to move to Q yourself, something I am not ready for myself, you can get the newer LOS 17.1 Rom provided by @highwaystar_ru .

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

ow on LOS17.1 (Q) branch. I have no idea but maybe that's just a matter of a few files like you did for TWRP few days ago and which is now working perfectly with touch.

All I need to know is how to add a few other devices on top of the one I have downloaded all the source for and built already, being TB-8704F.

I am pretty sure we would make at least a few people happy with and updated LOS16 release for x304 and working for
    I dont get it, why arent you switching to android Q then? Its higher android version right? Or am i not getting somthing?

Muad.Dib

• I dont get it, why arent you switching to android Q then? Its higher android version right? Or am i not getting somthing?
    Well moving to latest version available is not always the wisest thing to do. Things that worked for you may end up not working anymore (let's say you use a specific app which does not have an update for Q yet), even more for old devices which were not really designed to support such a new release (some drivers may be missing or not updated and such). New versions of OS usually need more Ram to function, leaving you will less Ram for you to use, and again that can be a problem.
    As goes the famous saying : 'When it works, don't fix it' ;)

However you are right at some point you have no other choice but to update, even if that comes with a tradeoff. For example once NetFlix (or any of the few other apps I want to keep using) will drop P support, I wont have a choice but to move. But I still have time. But at the moment there is no appealing feature on Q which makes me want to update unconditionally.

At the time being, I am just happy with applying google security patches every now and then. Probably more often as soon as I can figure out how to build for multiple devices on same LOS version.

Cheers!

Reactions: rustyrust

Muad.Dib

• lineage-16.0-20210424-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304
    latest build available with the April 2021 security patch.

The sources used were the one provided on page 1 based on Lenovo-devs work which includes @highwaystar_ru who has also fixed the messed up touch screen for the TBX304F and who allowed me to share my LOS16 build so high five to him.

All I did was sync the repo and build - the latest security patch was added by the LOS team.

I have to admit this tablet (TB-X304F) has given me more problems than other devices I own. Probably because the TWRP I was trying to use was outdated/not working properly.
    Anyway to be able to flash fresh new, after a few failed attempts, I had to be on stock 7.1.1, factory reseted and restarted until the first boot welcome screen.

From there I had to use the special TWRP 3.4.0 @highwaystar_ru made for us with fixed touch screen and shared few posts above, flashed not just booted as usual, wipe date, install los from sd card, reboot and complete LOS installation (dont forget to add Gapps if you use that).

Now it is installed it works as intended and I can confirm touch screen is fixed.

Hope this helps anyone,

Regards,

Screenshot_20210425-153026_Settings.png

lineage-16.0-20210424-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304.zip
    md5sum : 00f7cce86ac21ce423473c9e49772b96
    [GDrive] : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DCV-3Am_wLL0TWJvKcFlK1KtEC1EKISw/view?usp=sharing
    [MegaNz] : https://mega.nz/file/KQ9iWCDQ#wX2nADBc1KKsQq58qGaevL9zSOao0WU1LndUFHv9NAw
    [Yandex] : https://disk.yandex.com/d/9u312GUwGMLQaQ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I dont get it, why arent you switching to android Q then? Its higher android version right? Or am i not getting somthing?
      Well moving to latest version available is not always the wisest thing to do. Things that worked for you may end up not working anymore (let's say you use a specific app which does not have an update for Q yet), even more for old devices which were not really designed to support such a new release (some drivers may be missing or not updated and such). New versions of OS usually need more Ram to function, leaving you will less Ram for you to use, and again that can be a problem.

However you are right at some point you have no other choice but to update, even if that comes with a tradeoff. For example once NetFlix (or any of the few other apps I want to keep using) will drop P support, I wont have a choice but to move. But I still have time. But at the moment there is no appealing feature on Q which makes me want to update unconditionally.

At the time being, I am just happy with applying google security patches every now and then. Probably more often as soon as I can figure out how to build for multiple devices on same LOS version.

Cheers!
      http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
      /*
      * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
      * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
      * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
      * Same statement for XDA.
      */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What works:
      Calls/SMS/Mobile data
      Wifi
      Bluetooth
      GPS
      Camera
      Audio
      FM radio
      WLAN and USB tethering
      Broken
      You tell me

Source code:
      device : https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_TBX304, https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_device_lenovo_tb-common/tree/lineage-16.0-msm8937
      kernel: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-16.0-tbx304
      vendor: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/proprietary_vendor_lenovo/tree/lineage-16.0-msm8937

2020-12-12
      • Added double tap to wakeup option
      • Added hall sensor
      • Fixed error in sepolicy
      mailru: lineage-16.0-20201212-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304.zip
      gdrive: lineage-16.0-20201212-UNOFFICIAL-TBX304.zip

Previous versions:

How to install
      You have to had TWRP installed from this thread TWRP and ROOT for Tab 4 8/10 (Plus) (TB-8704X/F/V,TB-X704L/F, TB-8504X/F, TB-X304L/F or one from link below

In TWRP clean Data if you coming from stock ROM and do Install of this ROM. If you have android 8 stock rom installed you have to format Data with data loss, because used encryption is incompatible with android 7.1

TWRP
      Built from omnirom android 9.0 source (twrp 3.3.1), includes same kernel as Lineage build, with support for pstore (kernel logs after crash), exfat, ntfs, reboot to EDL mode.
      mailru: tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img
      gdrive: tbx304-twrp-3.4.0-20201207.img

XDA:DevDB Information
      [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0][tbx304f/l/x] LineageOS 16.0 for Lenovo TAB4 8, ROM for the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Contributors
      highwaystar_ru
      Source Code: https://github.com/lenovo-devs/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8953/tree/lineage-16.0-tbx304

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
      Based On: LineageOs

Version Information
      Testing

Created 2020-03-04
      Last Updated 2020-03-19
      Updated:
      2020-12-12
      • Added double tap to wakeup option
      • Added hall sensor
      • Fixed error in sepolicy

Please let me know.

Regards,

EDIT1:

I tried to unlock with https://github.com/bkerler/edl but I get this error:

So, finally i was able to unlock the bootloader using the firehose file from the stock rom and editing the devinfo.img..
      I will make a detailed guide soon, so that others can make use of it.

EDIT: Detailed thread HERE

Thanks....

Cheers!
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone