[ROM][DISCONTINUED][9] LineageOS 16.0 [tblte][trlte][trlteduos]

Search This thread

Lahpyrcopa

Jan 27, 2021
I don't suppose there's a way to make the vibration in the device better? When a call comes in the vibration motor is so faint it's like its not even there.

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020
I got a kid that i want to give this phone with LOS16 to. I want the phone to have child account with the google Link-app and whatnot. The kid already has an account but i can't seem to log in.

Tried several LOS16-builds and opengapps pico and nano.

Does anyone know about this, has any word of advice or something how to make this work?

Thank you!

browny_amiga

May 7, 2013
Hi, I've got the same issues. Did you find workarounds browny_amiga ?

Also, the bluetooth mic input volume is very low (people hardly hear me speaking on bluetooth calls), anyone has a fix ?

Another question, if I wanted to get a more stable overall android, should I downgrade to LineageOS 15 or 14 or even below with my N910F ?
Unfortunately no, I just have to reboot constantly, because bluetooth keeps crashing. I also can't use it to interface with a bluetooth OBD2 interface.

browny_amiga

May 7, 2013
Now this rom does not work anymore with T-Mobile, because it does not include an upgrade that you need to access the T-Mobile network.

Do you know if there is any way to get this rom working again? I don't want to go back to stock, that is really aweful.

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Hello, I am hopping that magic ripee will keep releasing security updates to this LOS 16 ROM from time to time, like he did until April... Thank you ;-)
There has to be a point at which we move forward. I can't keep up with legacy builds for devices that have newer versions available. Is there a reason you can't/don't want to move to 18.1?

Hello ripee, thank you for your answer.
I just hopped...
The Note 4 is my daily driver since years, it currently holds its third battery (!), and I have always smoothly upgraded whenever your versions were ready for a daily use with few remaining bugs.
I have a few legacy apps that won't go over LOS16 because of the new restrictions brought by android 10, among which two of them I developed for my sole use. And I have been struggling to update them to work with android 10+ since a few months now.
But you are 100% right "There has to be a point at which we move forward". I will do.
Thanks again for your remarkable support in providing us an up to date operating system for this great old device.

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Hello ripee, thank you for your answer.
I just hopped...
The Note 4 is my daily driver since years, it currently holds its third battery (!), and I have always smoothly upgraded whenever your versions were ready for a daily use with few remaining bugs.
I have a few legacy apps that won't go over LOS16 because of the new restrictions brought by android 10, among which two of them I developed for my sole use. And I have been struggling to update them to work with android 10+ since a few months now.
But you are 100% right "There has to be a point at which we move forward". I will do.
Thanks again for your remarkable support in providing us an up to date operating system for this great old device.
Don't thank me, thank the developer giants on whose shoulders I stand to put my finishing touches on the roms.

If you would like updated 16.0 builds, I would be happy to teach you how to build them for yourself.

Don't thank me, thank the developer giants on whose shoulders I stand to put my finishing touches on the roms.

If you would like updated 16.0 builds, I would be happy to teach you how to build them for yourself.

Yes, I know you are the last link in the LOS chain, but still this link can be thanked like all other great developers who give us this great opportunity to use CyanogenMod and now LineageOS since years, what I have done too when I contributed (just a little bit) to the project here at XDA with my first android phones (HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy 551).

I would be happy to learn how to build my own LOS versions, although I might be somehow out of order now in building toolchains (my last built was a CM 7.x using a virtual machine set up by a friend of mine), unless there is an easy way with some prebuilt virtual machines?

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
drive.google.com
Yes, I know you are the last link in the LOS chain, but still this link can be thanked like all other great developers who give us this great opportunity to use CyanogenMod and now LineageOS since years, what I have done too when I contributed (just a little bit) to the project here at XDA with my first android phones (HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy 551).

I would be happy to learn how to build my own LOS versions, although I might be somehow out of order now in building toolchains (my last built was a CM 7.x using a virtual machine set up by a friend of mine), unless there is an easy way with some prebuilt virtual machines?
If you have powerful enough system specs, and you don't mind using Ubuntu 20 or any of its derivatives, I posted scripts on my GitHub that set up the proper build environment for you. You just need to rename the lineage source setup script from 18.1 to 16.0 and it will sync down the right stuff for you as well.

I use a VM myself and Ubuntu runs great in it.

Reactions: odoll
odoll, I understand that you stick to LOS 16,!
Moving to 18.1 is not as safe path because of all the constraints android puts in every new version.
Many apps do not work well anymore, that was a good way for me to remove lots of almost unused apps.
Unfortunately, a few of my main apps had to be removed as well because they would hardly or not work anymore.
I am still looking for a replacement app for Titanium Backup which saved my life plenty of times over the years.
And you spend your time managing apps permissions to try to have legacy apps work flawlessly.
But, on the other side, battery drain is much more optimized in LOS 18.1 as well as mobile/wifi switching on the fly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-p-logo.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-16.0 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.2. Simply flash the linked below version 3.2 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: When will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: Not before all the issues listed under "Bugs" below are fixed.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: What will some of the differences be between unofficial and official builds?
    A: The following technical changes will take effect:
    - Built-in su root will be removed: You will have to download and install the su addon from LineageOS Extras.
    - Phone status > LineageOS updates will be activated, allowing for the OTA downloading of official builds.
    - The official builds will be digitally signed by Lineage to prove that they do not contain malicious source code and are able to pass the Play Store's SafetyNet check.
    Note: Each official build will be cooked and released by LineageOS on their schedule and only if no major unexpected bug is introduced into the source code. The developers will announce if and when their source code will be submitted to Lineage for official support and when we can expect to see the first official builds.

Q: Why is my phone warmer/hotter and the battery noticeably drained after flashing a build?
    A: The wipe process that is a part of the installation procedure deletes some important configuration data, ie. BATTERYSTATS, which keep track of the battery's power level. These data ensure a balanced power management profile for all the hardware components of your phone. This is normal and nothing to worry about at all. Your battery drain will return to normal within a day or two.

If, however, you notice increased battery drain over a few days, check your signal. Android automatically re-directs battery power to the antennas to compensate for a weak signal from the tower to which your phone is connected at that time. If your signal is strong, check the following:
    1) You missed one of the Wipe steps in the flashing procedure.
    2) You are running an old bootloader or modem. Flash the most recent one listed for your variant under the links in the TWRP thread. Note: Use the "AP" button in Odin to flash ripee's combined BL_CP tar files.
    3) How old is your battery? Official replacement Samsung batteries typically last around 1 year if you recharge them regularly, ie. once a day. Since the Note 4 is almost 5 years old, it is normal for your original battery to start failing, but official Samsung batteries should not cost more than USD 20 nowadays.
    4) If all else fails, start over! Go through the entire installation procedure, including flashing a stock Marshmallow build, and going from there. Do NOT skip any steps this time!

Q. Flashing a build failed with the message "eMMC Write Fail".
    A. This is the infamous embedded Multi-Media Controller bug that indicates that your internal flash memory is dead or dying. Do NOT try any tricks or crazy ideas to fix it, as they are all hoaxes! The ONLY way to get rid of it is to open your phone up and replace its logic board. :p

[Official] Note 4 Verizon Bootloader Unlock
    - ryanbg

Open GApps

ROMs
    triplr
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos
    - SM-N915F/G/P/R4/T/W8: tblte

_mone
    - LineageOS

LineageOS Extras
    - addonsu-16.0-arm-signed.zip
    - addonsu-remove-16.0-arm-signed.zip

Magisk

SPenCommand

- It is against XDA Developers rules to post links to paid apps and games. Please find this app on your own if you wish to use it.

WipeTelephonyProviderData
    - hsbadr

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 16.0 variant, which corresponds to the model of your phone!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibrate),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Important information about stock S Pen functionality!
    The apps, libraries, and drivers that allow for the advanced S Pen-based functions in stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz-based custom roms WILL NEVER BE INCLUDED IN ANY AOSP-BASED ROMS due to their proprietary nature. The scope of these functions goes beyond simple vendor blobs and enters the realm of 3rd party intellectual property licensed to Samsung. The S Pen does work in all AOSP-based custom roms, however it acts simply as an alternative input device. Various open source 3rd party apps are available that take advantage of the Note 4's stylus (see above), but their functionality is a fraction of that of stock TouchWiz.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - 5GHz hotspot gives an error message when attempting to turn it on.
    - If NFC is turned off when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will freeze in the "off" position and remain off until the phone is rebooted. If NFC is turned on when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will function properly to turn NFC both on and off. However, if NFC is turned off and the phone is rebooted, this bug will reappear.
    - The 2nd SIM slot does not work in any trlteduos variant.
    - VoLTE is not supported, and will not be supported for the foreseeable future.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Our resident Developer Emeritus fattire and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the tblte, trlte, and trlteduos.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - apq8084

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    ripee, _mone, mobspyguy, khalvat, cvxda, tripLr
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Marshmallow for your variant.

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 9
    Stable Release Date: 2019-02-16

Created 2019-02-16
    Last Updated 2020-04-04
    The lineage-17.1 thread is up!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 [tblte][trlte][trlteduos]

If you don't mind not having a working fingerprint sensor, or audio through the headphone jack, then Q is stable enough for daily use. As always when coming from an older rom version, it is highly recommended not to waste your time dirty flashing and just clean flash.

Q is still a work in progress, so I will still be releasing Pie builds, though maybe not as often. As in years past, once the Q bugs have been fixed up to the current Pie level, I will post about when my last Pie build will be. I will upload it to the Downloads tab located at the top of each page of this thread, and link it in the OP.
    Congregations @ripee

Q .. First Boot

The lineage-17.1 build that is in my trlte folder does indeed boot, but most things are broken, and if you flash Magisk or gapps, it'll promptly reboot. There are many things missing and lots of changes still left to be made, but feel free to play with it. I'll keep it up until the time for the next build comes sometime tomorrow. Right now, the proper logs I got from the first successful boot will take time to go through and implement.

There will be no Q thread until the rom is stable and most things work.
    Its embarassing how dev answers on trivial questions but on bootloops you get no answer

Do you honestly believe that comments like this will inspire anyone with more experience than you to explore the bootloop issue on the Note Edge with any more urgency?

That is not to say that this bootloop issue is not important, but if you wish to contribute constructively, please get a logcat and post it in this thread. If you do not know how to do so, please empower yourself in the spirit of self-education.
    Starting from 0422, NO MORE LINEAGE SU ROOT INCLUDED IN MY BUILDS!

I've given this some thought, and for the sake of minimizing problems with Magisk as well as being able to run apps that check for root, I've decided to take it out.

Of course you will still be able to flash it with the official addon zip linked in the OP, as well as flash Magisk like you always could, but Magisk's ability to remove lineage su root automatically is not as reliable at this time than it used to be.

Also, I cherry-picked a bunch of memory- and camera-related commits from khalvat, who is the official maintainer of Havoc-OS for trlte and trlteduos:

android_device_samsung_apq8084-common
    android_device_samsung_trlte-common

Regarding Havoc-OS for tblte, I will work with him to bring it to tblte as well.