• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9] LineageOS4Microg 16.0 (by Bernie_nix)

Search This thread

Bernie_nix

Feb 23, 2020
screen_logo.jpg

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, damage, loss of Google services, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, etc. Do this at your own risk.
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
 * Your warranty may/will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

About LineageOS4MicroG & LineageOS
LineageOS unofficial fork with built-in microG gapps implementation.

Full Play Services compatibility [Well-almost...YMMV]
Our ROM has built-in microG free-as-in-freedom re-implementation of Google's proprietary Android user space apps and libraries. This enables you to use every Google service you need without keeping another closed-source binary blob in your Android system.

Native F-Droid support
LineageOS for microG comes with F-Droid already installed. You can use it to access plenty of FOSS applications or even a Play Store bridge repository like Playmaker or GPlayWeb.

About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Learn more at:
LineageOS: https://lineageos.org/
LineageOS4MicroG: https://lineage.microg.org/

Rom Built by Bernie_nix​
Known issues:
USB-C headphones work for music, watching videos, etc. They don't work in the phone app...yet. (working on this)
Some users report VOIP calls don't work properly. YMMV. Skype, Whatsapp, Nextcloud Talk, working great for me.
Automatic updates not yet implemented but will be in a future build.
You tell me.​

Install Instructions(If coming from stock or another rom):
Prerequisites: Coming from stock rom with bootloader unlocked, Developer settings enabled, android debugging enabled.
(1) ADB reboot bootloader,
(2) Fastboot boot twrp.img
(3) Install copy A/B partitions zip,
(4) Select Wipe button, Advanced Wipe, Choose: Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, Internal Storage, System. Then Swipe to Wipe all of these.
(5) Select Back arrow button
(6) Select Format Data Button. Type yes
(7) Select Install button. Choose rom zip. Swipe to confirm flash.
(8) Press back arrow button 2x to get back to main screen. Select Wipe button. Select format data button. Type yes.
(9) Reboot. Phone will mention "no os installed." Ignore it. Proceed with reboot. Phone will boot twice, then take you to the lineage recovery screen. Use volume down button to select Factory data reset, press power button, select yes to delete data. Phone will reboot into lineageos4microg.

DO NOT install twrp installer/orange fox installer until after phone boots into lineageos4microg or it will not boot. After you have setup lineageos, you can then reboot into twrp and install orange fox or twrp and magisk if you choose. Do not ever install any GAPPS on this ROM.

Upgrade Instructions(If coming from one of my previous builds):
(3) Select Install button. Choose rom zip. Swipe to confirm flash.
(4) Select Wipe button, Advanced Wipe, Choose: Dalvik/ART Cache
(5) Reboot​
(6) If you had Magisk installed, you can then reboot into TWRP/Ofox and flash magisk.zip

Tips for Use
1. Root can be enabled in this build by going to Developer Settings->Root Access->Apps and ADB
2. To turn off battery led when charging, Settings>Apps & notifications>Notifications>Battery Light
3. To set up Microg,
(1) open MicroG app,
(2) press self-check, press battery optimizations ignored and allow,
(3) go back one screen, select unified nlp settings, configure location backends, press the checkbox next to mozilla location service and ok, configure address lookup backends, press checkbox next to nominatum and ok,
(4) then go through Google services from top to bottom and enter your information.
(5) Enable location from pull-down shade. Open maps, get your location. Go back to Microg. Run self-check. All boxes should show a check.
(6) Microg is setup in less than 5 minutes and fully working.
(7) Turn off location from pull-down shade bc they're tracking you :p
4. Want a better GPS experience? Install Deja Vu Location Service, GSM Location Service and Radiocells.org Unified Network Location Provider Backend from F-Droid. Works great with Google Maps or OSM.
5. Looking for a great camera? Try Hypercam for Moto G7 from gcambrasil at https://gcambrasil.com.br/motorola
1. After installing, go to internal storage, create folder "gcam" (without quotes), create folder "Configs" inside of "gcam," and place the Pixelmod_byJGB.xml (attached) file in that folder.
2. Open up Hypercam, double tap on black space near camera button, load Pixelmod_byJGB.xml file.​

Reporting bugs:
DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
Please report bugs in this thread.
Logcats are helpful but not required. Grab a full logcat right after the problem has occurred.
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Thread Purpose & Limits
This thread has been created to discuss the installation and use of this rom. If you have questions about building roms, this thread is not the place to do it. Please create a thread under Q/A and/or visit the Telegram group https://t.me/mG7Power. I'm happy to help but going to the telegram group or opening a Q/A thread allows many users to assist you and will help to keep this thread on-topic. Failure to follow this request will result in a warning followed by report to XDA if continued. Some excellent resources for building microg include https://lineage.microg.org/ and https://8192.one/post/lineage_build_with_docker/.

Download:
Change log
1. Latest March security update
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
Android Security Patch Level: Mar. 5, 2020
Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261741637
MD5: 54b467570f65ce85f164bd8e99943ab7

Older Versions:
Change log
1. Latest sources
2. Root option enabled in development settings
Android Security Patch Level: Feb. 5, 2020
Download link: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261727435
MD5: aeb4aa1141c6d74ac016e8fba797c245​

Next update news...:
Mar 10, 2020 - Currently working on USB-C audio during phone calls, increasing audio volume. Once USB-C audio gets fixed, I'll enable OTA updates.​

Source and Additional Links
https://github.com/LineageOS
https://github.com/LineageOS/android...otorola_sdm632
Telegram group for additional ROMS, files and support: https://t.me/mG7Power

Rom Last Updated Mar. 10, 2020
Thread Info Last Updated Mar. 10, 2020

Guide on how to build your own posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g7...d-lineageos4microg-16-0-t4070079#post82069641

Attachments

• Pixelmod_byJGB.xml
    13.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

clarkkentxda

Feb 24, 2020
hi im really interested in this rom but If twrp is already my permanent recovery, this rom won't install correctly?

edit.. tried it anyway since this is a secondary phone, figured i didnt have much to lose, followed instructions to the TEE, and it installed just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bernie_nix

Bernie_nix

Feb 23, 2020
hi im really interested in this rom but If twrp is already my permanent recovery, this rom won't install correctly?

edit.. tried it anyway since this is a secondary phone, figured i didnt have much to lose, followed instructions to the TEE, and it installed just fine.
I should have another update with OTA server and a few other fixes soon. It's also super quick to update from current build. Stay tuned and enjoy!

Reactions: rottenwheel

clarkkentxda

Feb 24, 2020
I should have another update with OTA server and a few other fixes soon. It's also super quick to update from current build. Stay tuned and enjoy!
Thanks for your efforts, I've been enjoying it, it's hard to find a rom that offers a little privacy from google, most things are working just fine, one thing I've noticed is that video is super super dark, No matter if it's stock camera or open camera but that's all I've came across in the issues department so far

Bernie_nix

Feb 23, 2020
Thanks for your efforts, I've been enjoying it, it's hard to find a rom that offers a little privacy from google, most things are working just fine, one thing I've noticed is that video is super super dark, No matter if it's stock camera or open camera but that's all I've came across in the issues department so far

Thanks for your feedback! No problems with video if using a different app. Try Hypercam version 1.3.030119.0645build-6.1.021 :)

clarkkentxda

Feb 24, 2020
Thanks for your feedback! No problems with video if using a different app. Try Hypercam version 1.3.030119.0645build-6.1.021 :)

Hypercam works like a charm, thank you for the suggestion! does hyper cam rely on anything google related like services or frameworks or binarys? (not sure what to call it since im not a developer) i'm wondering because I own a pixel 3a and im thinking of installing graphene os but any apps that rely on those ran on those will not work on graphene

Bernie_nix

Feb 23, 2020
Hypercam works like a charm, thank you for the suggestion! does hyper cam rely on anything google related like services or frameworks or binarys? (not sure what to call it since im not a developer) i'm wondering because I own a pixel 3a and im thinking of installing graphene os but any apps that rely on those ran on those will not work on graphene
Hypercam is ported from gcam so YMMV. Given that it works on this ROM with microg, if it has any hooks they probably aren't deep. I'd give it a go

Reactions: chronic8000

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
I've been a user of root explorer (pro) for seven+ years or so now. I side loaded the apk that I extracted from a previous setup on my phone and it works perfect. Some may already know that but just figured I'd share. Awesome job on this rom! Appreciate you sharing your builds!! :good:

Reactions: Bernie_nix

Bernie_nix

Feb 23, 2020
I've been a user of root explorer (pro) for seven+ years or so now. I side loaded the apk that I extracted from a previous setup on my phone and it works perfect. Some may already know that but just figured I'd share. Awesome job on this rom! Appreciate you sharing your builds!! :good:
Glad you like it and thanks for your feedback; tip on root explorer pro.

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 4 XL
Glad you like it and thanks for your feedback; tip on root explorer pro.

Couple questions.. What busy box are you using and where did you get it? I've been using Osmosis’s magisk module busy box for so long idk where to even begin. haha. I attempted to install one from fdroid but it failed install. Can I flash his busy box in recovery? Probably not because we are using the LOS built in root instead of magisk correct? Would all hell break loose if I flashed magisk root now and something would possibly get messed up? Thinking if that's what I wanted I would have had to flash it in the beginning so it would over ride the other root...?

This rom runs better than anything besides ugly stock moto on my device. I was off work yesterday so I started messing with my device, hours went by and my battery barely moved at all. :cowboy: Not having Google play services really saves a good bit of juice. Havoc has spoofing now too. I vote that it becomes mandatory for all roms to have signature spoofing. :victory: :D Should call it the ImNOtgoingback rom or something. I’ve used micro g and fdroid before on previous devices but never for as long as I've been using this. Im like a binge crackflasher nowadays instead -vs- back when Euroskank CM10 bacon was on and popping every morning at around 6am central time the world would all flash. One last thing.. Do you decrypt your data or leave it encrypted? Reason I ask is I was wondering what method you do or would do if you wanted to decrypt?

This rom really runs great! Anyone who hasn't tried this yet should!

Edit

Ps: I've used many great gcams but HyperCam is most definitely at the top of my list. It reminds me of the pictures my Pixel XL used to take. Awesome camera app! Thanks for recommending it and sharing links!

Last edited:

DanAlucard

Jul 6, 2018
not being picky, but can we have a regular LOS build please? I mean, without microG.
The last syberhexen one is dated 2019-10-01 so it would be nice to have an update to it.

robson_89

Oct 28, 2019
not being picky, but can we have a regular LOS build please? I mean, without microG.
The last syberhexen one is dated 2019-10-01 so it would be nice to have an update to it.

You're right, but it's not easy to be a maintainer - and use your free time to resolve problems for others.
Maybe you should try to create your own build using code created by more advanced users synced with latest LineageOS repo.

If you're interested in that, here's an attached manifest file which would build working LineageOS 16.0 for ocean with February security patch - I'm using such one right now(built 3 days ago), but with microg. It's all possible thanks to LineageOS team and Dark98 (and many others) work, as you can see.

Good luck

Attachments

• ocean_16.0.xml
    799 bytes · Views: 49
Reactions: DanAlucard

DanAlucard

Jul 6, 2018
You're right, but it's not easy to be a maintainer - and use your free time to resolve problems for others.
Maybe you should try to create your own build using code created by more advanced users synced with latest LineageOS repo.

If you're interested in that, here's an attached manifest file which would build working LineageOS 16.0 for ocean with February security patch - I'm using such one right now(built 3 days ago), but with microg. It's all possible thanks to LineageOS team and Dark98 (and many others) work, as you can see.

Good luck

Thanks a lot. Will have a look at it. Who knows, maybe I end up maintaining it :p

Bernie_nix

Feb 23, 2020
Not from me. I build this for personal use, share it and have no interest in a vanilla los build. Robson is correct. Go with his build of you don't want microg.

Bernie_nix

Feb 23, 2020
Couple questions.. What busy box are you using and where did you get it? I've been using Osmosis’s magisk module busy box for so long idk where to even begin. haha. I attempted to install one from fdroid but it failed install. Can I flash his busy box in recovery? Probably not because we are using the LOS built in root instead of magisk correct? Would all hell break loose if I flashed magisk root now and something would possibly get messed up? Thinking if that's what I wanted I would have had to flash it in the beginning so it would over ride the other root...?

This rom runs better than anything besides ugly stock moto on my device. I was off work yesterday so I started messing with my device, hours went by and my battery barely moved at all. :cowboy: Not having Google play services really saves a good bit of juice. Havoc has spoofing now too. I vote that it becomes mandatory for all roms to have signature spoofing. :victory: :D Should call it the ImNOtgoingback rom or something. I’ve used micro g and fdroid before on previous devices but never for as long as I've been using this. Im like a binge crackflasher nowadays instead -vs- back when Euroskank CM10 bacon was on and popping every morning at around 6am central time the world would all flash. One last thing.. Do you decrypt your data or leave it encrypted? Reason I ask is I was wondering what method you do or would do if you wanted to decrypt?

Edit

Ps: I've used many great gcams but HyperCam is most definitely at the top of my list. It reminds me of the pictures my Pixel XL used to take. Awesome camera app! Thanks for recommending it and sharing links!

Thank you for your kind words! I use busybox from osmosis via magisk module; yes, I enjoy magisk on this rom. Busybox (osmosis) actually makes apps like Titanium Backup work great if you've purchased a non-Google play license file from them. This rom is my personal build that I uploaded to xda and shared, and I plan on maintaining it for some time. So...Magisk flashed via twrp/ofox works great, and so does busybox magisk.

+1 on your comment about Hypercam. Completely agree about hypercam. I've tested a lot on this device and of course am open to suggestions.

I will update this rom via the Lineageos patches, however, the Feb update hasn't been pushed yet so no new rom for now. I have isolated a few bugs, e.g. usb-c for calls and am working on OTA, however, I am going to release a surprise test build in the next couple of days (hopefully). It's building as we speak, and I will test before releasing. Stay tuned, and I look forward to yours and others feedback and questions.

P.S. I am a linux user and believe in the power of open-source. If you or others have any questions or comments, feel free to reach me via the telegram link in the 1st post; I usually answer a bit quicker there but also answer on here. Best wishes and thanks again!

P.S.S. Welcome Robson to our open-source team! If any of you are looking for a lineageos build without microg, check out his post a couple of posts above.

Last edited:

rottenwheel

Nov 11, 2011
generally audio is lower quality than stock rom, it's not as loud and not as clear.

I accompany this sentiment. It happens with most Motorola Moto G devices I own and use: if kept with stock builds both camera and audio have a far better quality than custom ROMs do. Motorola engineers do hell of a job when working on their OEM firmware. It is a real shame yet not so far from reality that we need to take these tradeoffs to obtain better privacy.

An idea that comes to mind is for us to debloat the stock build, bake in microG and possibly update security patches as they come out. Motorola Moto G1 (falcon) has something alike with IDCrisis - https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/development/rom-identity-crisis-6-t3324595

Thank you for the heads-up, though. I definitely love the audio on stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screen_logo.jpg

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, damage, loss of Google services, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, etc. Do this at your own risk.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     * Your warranty may/will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

About LineageOS4MicroG & LineageOS
    LineageOS unofficial fork with built-in microG gapps implementation.

Full Play Services compatibility [Well-almost...YMMV]
    Our ROM has built-in microG free-as-in-freedom re-implementation of Google's proprietary Android user space apps and libraries. This enables you to use every Google service you need without keeping another closed-source binary blob in your Android system.

Native F-Droid support
    LineageOS for microG comes with F-Droid already installed. You can use it to access plenty of FOSS applications or even a Play Store bridge repository like Playmaker or GPlayWeb.

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Learn more at:
    LineageOS: https://lineageos.org/
    LineageOS4MicroG: https://lineage.microg.org/

Rom Built by Bernie_nix​
    Known issues:
    USB-C headphones work for music, watching videos, etc. They don't work in the phone app...yet. (working on this)
    Some users report VOIP calls don't work properly. YMMV. Skype, Whatsapp, Nextcloud Talk, working great for me.
    Automatic updates not yet implemented but will be in a future build.
    You tell me.​

Install Instructions(If coming from stock or another rom):
    Prerequisites: Coming from stock rom with bootloader unlocked, Developer settings enabled, android debugging enabled.
    (3) Install copy A/B partitions zip,
    (4) Select Wipe button, Advanced Wipe, Choose: Dalvik/ART Cache, Data, Internal Storage, System. Then Swipe to Wipe all of these.
    (5) Select Back arrow button
    (6) Select Format Data Button. Type yes
    (7) Select Install button. Choose rom zip. Swipe to confirm flash.
    (8) Press back arrow button 2x to get back to main screen. Select Wipe button. Select format data button. Type yes.
    (9) Reboot. Phone will mention "no os installed." Ignore it. Proceed with reboot. Phone will boot twice, then take you to the lineage recovery screen. Use volume down button to select Factory data reset, press power button, select yes to delete data. Phone will reboot into lineageos4microg.

DO NOT install twrp installer/orange fox installer until after phone boots into lineageos4microg or it will not boot. After you have setup lineageos, you can then reboot into twrp and install orange fox or twrp and magisk if you choose. Do not ever install any GAPPS on this ROM.

Upgrade Instructions(If coming from one of my previous builds):
    (3) Select Install button. Choose rom zip. Swipe to confirm flash.
    (4) Select Wipe button, Advanced Wipe, Choose: Dalvik/ART Cache
    (5) Reboot​
    (6) If you had Magisk installed, you can then reboot into TWRP/Ofox and flash magisk.zip

Tips for Use
    1. Root can be enabled in this build by going to Developer Settings->Root Access->Apps and ADB
    2. To turn off battery led when charging, Settings>Apps & notifications>Notifications>Battery Light
    3. To set up Microg,
    (1) open MicroG app,
    (2) press self-check, press battery optimizations ignored and allow,
    (3) go back one screen, select unified nlp settings, configure location backends, press the checkbox next to mozilla location service and ok, configure address lookup backends, press checkbox next to nominatum and ok,
    (4) then go through Google services from top to bottom and enter your information.
    (5) Enable location from pull-down shade. Open maps, get your location. Go back to Microg. Run self-check. All boxes should show a check.
    (6) Microg is setup in less than 5 minutes and fully working.
    (7) Turn off location from pull-down shade bc they're tracking you :p
    4. Want a better GPS experience? Install Deja Vu Location Service, GSM Location Service and Radiocells.org Unified Network Location Provider Backend from F-Droid. Works great with Google Maps or OSM.
    5. Looking for a great camera? Try Hypercam for Moto G7 from gcambrasil at https://gcambrasil.com.br/motorola
    1. After installing, go to internal storage, create folder "gcam" (without quotes), create folder "Configs" inside of "gcam," and place the Pixelmod_byJGB.xml (attached) file in that folder.
    2. Open up Hypercam, double tap on black space near camera button, load Pixelmod_byJGB.xml file.​

Reporting bugs:
    DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    Please report bugs in this thread.
    Logcats are helpful but not required. Grab a full logcat right after the problem has occurred.
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Thread Purpose & Limits
    This thread has been created to discuss the installation and use of this rom. If you have questions about building roms, this thread is not the place to do it. Please create a thread under Q/A and/or visit the Telegram group https://t.me/mG7Power. I'm happy to help but going to the telegram group or opening a Q/A thread allows many users to assist you and will help to keep this thread on-topic. Failure to follow this request will result in a warning followed by report to XDA if continued. Some excellent resources for building microg include https://lineage.microg.org/ and https://8192.one/post/lineage_build_with_docker/.

Download:
    Change log
    1. Latest March security update
    Android Security Patch Level: Mar. 5, 2020
    Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261741637
    MD5: 54b467570f65ce85f164bd8e99943ab7

Older Versions:
    Change log
    1. Latest sources
    2. Root option enabled in development settings
    Android Security Patch Level: Feb. 5, 2020
    Download link: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261727435
    MD5: aeb4aa1141c6d74ac016e8fba797c245​

Next update news...:
    Mar 10, 2020 - Currently working on USB-C audio during phone calls, increasing audio volume. Once USB-C audio gets fixed, I'll enable OTA updates.​

Source and Additional Links
    https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android...otorola_sdm632
    Telegram group for additional ROMS, files and support: https://t.me/mG7Power

Rom Last Updated Mar. 10, 2020
    Thread Info Last Updated Mar. 10, 2020

Guide on how to build your own posted here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/g7...d-lineageos4microg-16-0-t4070079#post82069641
    Again thank you for your efforts, unfortunately im just a casual user, i dont know how to do these amazing things you developers do, who knows maybe one day I will teach myself to code but im just giving constructive criticism, what you built by yourself is great and the rom runs great, for future reference im assuming id need java experience?

My pleasure. To build roms one really just needs a bit of command line/terminal experience, knowledge of how to use github, knowledge of android/Unix directory structure, and a little coding experience (really just to read code). Looking at android device logs and build logs on your PC shows you where the errors are.

To develop roms is different... Definitely need Java, c++, etc.

One day I'd love to collaborate with others to create a forum post on building specifically for this device. Im a Linux user stuck in a windows world, value open source, sharing knowledge and empowering others to build and code.

Yours and others feedback is most valued and not taken personally at all. Your feedback helps me to improve the ROM for my device. I take the feedback as to-dos and items to fix and learn. They will be addressed as long as I keep the device which will be at least another year :)
    I'm interested in arto rom, but this microg issue is very complicated since I don't know much about it, I'm a user where I use applications, such as maps, whatsapp, instagram, youtube, music, if you could help me how to use all these applications and if you can, I join this rom without problems, greetings:D
    microg kind of acts as a replacement for google play services(gps) (what a lot of apps rely on to function correctly like deliver notifications for example and other, some apps will break without gps) most of your apps should just work regularly, when I ran this rom. I used whatsapp, Ig, youtube and they worked fine, I'm not sure about maps because I've tried to avoid most google apps but alternatives like "here we go" and "waze" worked for me.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Audio can be crystal clear on other custom roms like crdroid so its not just stock that can deliver that audio experience btw, ive been doing some testing, its just something about certain roms that is messing with the audio, with this lineage rom I noticed a static sound coming from my car audio system(got worse after plugging in usb-c charging cable) but not on another custom rom
    I accompany this sentiment. It happens with most Motorola Moto G devices I own and use: if kept with stock builds both camera and audio have a far better quality than custom ROMs do. Motorola engineers do hell of a job when working on their OEM firmware. It is a real shame yet not so far from reality that we need to take these tradeoffs to obtain better privacy.

An idea that comes to mind is for us to debloat the stock build, bake in microG and possibly update security patches as they come out. Motorola Moto G1 (falcon) has something alike with IDCrisis - https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/development/rom-identity-crisis-6-t3324595

Thank you for the heads-up, though. I definitely love the audio on stock.
    Unfortunately you can't do that with stock. Microg requires signature spoofing enabled in the ROM which is a patch applied when building a ROM. You could try patching stock to enable signature spoofing with a tool like Heystack but it most likely won't work on stock. Another route is using another ROM with signature spoofing support e.g. crdroid or omni, applying signature spoofing patch if necessary and then patching in twrp with something like nanodroid patcher.

That being said I am working through desired edits and bugs in this ROM but can't provide any ETAs. I encourage anyone with a bit of coding experience or interest to build their own and learn. Making changes to rom builds is not hard, just time consuming and unfortunately doesnt pay the bills...so its done in hobby time. I do plan on maintaining this ROM for some time though and will probably be on Pie longer than most users until 10 is ready; right now 10 has way too many bugs for me to use or build for daily driver material.

Edit

Thank you for your kind words! I use busybox from osmosis via magisk module; yes, I enjoy magisk on this rom. Busybox (osmosis) actually makes apps like Titanium Backup work great if you've purchased a non-Google play license file from them. This rom is my personal build that I uploaded to xda and shared, and I plan on maintaining it for some time. So...Magisk flashed via twrp/ofox works great, and so does busybox magisk.

+1 on your comment about Hypercam. Completely agree about hypercam. I've tested a lot on this device and of course am open to suggestions.

I will update this rom via the Lineageos patches, however, the Feb update hasn't been pushed yet so no new rom for now. I have isolated a few bugs, e.g. usb-c for calls and am working on OTA, however, I am going to release a surprise test build in the next couple of days (hopefully). It's building as we speak, and I will test before releasing. Stay tuned, and I look forward to yours and others feedback and questions.

P.S. I am a linux user and believe in the power of open-source. If you or others have any questions or comments, feel free to reach me via the telegram link in the 1st post; I usually answer a bit quicker there but also answer on here. Best wishes and thanks again!

P.S.S. Welcome Robson to our open-source team! If any of you are looking for a lineageos build without microg, check out his post a couple of posts above.