• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9] Resurrection Remix OS 7.0.2 [N920X][G928X]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CamoGeko

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I had 3.2.x.x so just updated the the latest 3.3.1.0 and its exactly the same result.

You usually need a full wipe when switching ROMs, including DATA, SYSTEM & CACHE.

That needs to be done before flashing a different ROM, otherwise you'll hit a bootloop (which is exactly what happened by the sounds of it).

Did you wipe or did you just try dirty flashing?

Wheemer

Jul 3, 2012
Deer Lake, NL
Google Pixel 2
You usually need a full wipe when switching ROMs, including DATA, SYSTEM & CACHE.

That needs to be done before flashing a different ROM, otherwise you'll hit a bootloop (which is exactly what happened by the sounds of it).

Did you wipe or did you just try dirty flashing?

Well this rom is based off of lineageOS so I think you are wrong about that. Where are other W8 users saying it works for them?

The last version installed without wiping so it's most likely a problem with this build.

CatLover2411

Oct 30, 2018
Does anyone have problems with the downloads? Everytime i try to download anything it shows download errors and kill the browser (the downloaded files have no problems)

p3rsonman

Oct 2, 2012
Well this rom is based off of lineageOS so I think you are wrong about that. Where are other W8 users saying it works for them?

The last version installed without wiping so it's most likely a problem with this build.

W8 user here and it boots for me as a clean install. I'm running TWRP 3.3.1, installed the 12/18 build along with pico gapps. I did not wipe dalvik/cache. I just installed the ROM, then gapps, then boot to system.

That being said, still no Rogers LTE data for me running this ROM (same with LOS) so back to stock for me. I did attach a logcat if anyone wants to help me figure this out - I would really appreciate it!

Attachments

• lte.zip
    131.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some good news.
    The step to flash a separate kernel isn't needed anymore, the kernel inside the build zip now works and boots without problems.
    NFC is fixed and stable now.
    Call audio for N920T and N920W8 seems to be fixed too.
    S-Pen inverted or buggy in landscape/portrait mode seems to be fixed too.
    Also changed the ugly arrow pointer when the S-Pen is used.
    Low volume on speaker also fixed too.
    Wired headset bug is fixed too.

These changes will come on the next builds, they don't are on the current 11052019 builds.

Many thanks to @ripee, @ananjaser1211 and @enesuzun2002 for their work, give them much love.

Now the bad news
    I can't built RR for now, the PC that I've used need to be checked, i don't know when i got it fully stable, so guys you'll need to have more patience.
    [ROM][9.0][UNOFFICIAL] Resurrection Remix 7.0.3 [N920X/G928X]

Reserved.
    CHANGELOG

Dec-18-2019
    • NFC fixed (maybe for N9208 too).
    • Support for S6 Edge+ added.
    • Call audio fixed on N920T/W8 (also for G928T/W8).
    • Improved S-Pen support.
    • Improved Speaker sound.
    • Wired headset bug fixed.
    • Improved kernel for better smoothness and battery save.
    • Improved GPS (should fix battery drain).
    • Separated build for N9208 due that it uses different NFC Hal.
    • Improved video recording stability.
    • Video recording mic volume is same as stock now.
    • Fixed laggy video call in WhatsApp, Instagram, FB Messenger, etc.
    • Merged December 2019 security patch.
    • Theres more things improved or fixed, but I just writted the more interesting/important ones.

Nov-05-2019
    • Initial public beta builds.
    • Initial support to:
    - nobleltejv: N920C, N920G, N920I, N920S, N920K and N920L.
    - nobleltetmo: N920T and N920W8.
    • Fully device, kernel and vendor tree reworked from S6 (huge big thanks to @ripee).
    • HWC fixed.
    • September 2019 security patch.
    • Synced with latest RR sources.

W8 user here and it boots for me as a clean install. I'm running TWRP 3.3.1, installed the 12/18 build along with pico gapps. I did not wipe dalvik/cache. I just installed the ROM, then gapps, then boot to system.

That being said, still no Rogers LTE data for me running this ROM (same with LOS) so back to stock for me. I did attach a logcat if anyone wants to help me figure this out - I would really appreciate it!
    Common questions
    • It supports "X" variant?
    - No, because I don't want, I have my reasons for not supporting your device, sorry (read the title of the thread for the supported ones).

• I have this bug, how to fix it?
    - Send proper logs when you has that issue, ortherwise I'll ignore you (always if youre on a supported model/variant).

• When Estimated Time of Arrival?
    - Never ask this, to be honest.