[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][a71n][10] LineageOS 17.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mcfcharly

Jul 27, 2020
here is the full build number : A715FXXU2ATE8. U2 means binary update 2

I've downloaded this build, tried to flash with odin... now a new error appears: "only official released binaries..." (you sure know this one...) when comin to that recovery flash part. This problem is new to me, since I've already made it to your custom recovery once... Any idea what I've done wrong this time? TY for your help.

faizauthar12

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 7T
I've downloaded this build, tried to flash with odin... now a new error appears: "only official released binaries..." (you sure know this one...) when comin to that recovery flash part. This problem is new to me, since I've already made it to your custom recovery once... Any idea what I've done wrong this time? TY for your help.
i'm sorry that's beyond my knowledge.

Michiel0912

Apr 27, 2012
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

Wireless Earphone not working

By that you mean bluetooth?

hans3103

Nov 25, 2007
venlo
Fairphone
Motorola Edge 30
How did you root it Hans?
And did you manage twrp working, if yes how did you do that?
Sorry for the late answer ik was on holiday.....

Offcourse the bootloader is unlocked. The i installed the latest original rom. After That ik did exactly as discribed in the attached file. Thanks to redrockdeli. It was dicribed also in the xda forum about rooting. It works every time stable without any reboots.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200730-145903_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200730-145903_Chrome.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 477
Reactions: andreoide

Cyber Axe

Feb 18, 2020
Here is the current situation. I've made this ROM running with stock vendor, so that we need to use stock "image kernel" to works.
if you're curious to know what will happen if you're not using stock "image" kernel i am allowing you to not flash "stock-a71n.zip"

feel free to contribute to this project.

I'll defiantly be interested once Fingerprint reader and Wireless headphones are fixed

germanstinks

Dec 29, 2014
It was a great work that some guys do here but so many things i must do because it runs NOT how it was written in Post #1. The manual here is very thin and i must search on other Sites how to do.

Perhaps this post helps other noobs like me, that they must not make the same mistakes like me. First of all i have bought in Germany a Samsung A71 SM-A715F/DS.

Download the Original Software per "freija" was fast!

AP_A715FXXU2ATG1_CL18912382_QB32632359_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT_meta_OS10.tar
BL_A715FXXU2ATG1_CL18912382_QB32632359_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CP_A715FXXU2ATF7_CP16124060_CL18912382_QB32206576_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CSC_OMC_OXM_A715FOXM2ATG1_CL18912382_QB32632359_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
HOME_CSC_OMC_OXM_A715FOXM2ATG1_CL18912382_QB32632359_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar

At the beginning these 2 Steps has helped me, it´s more detailed...
Step 2: Flash the Lineage Recovery using Odin
- Download and Install Odin and Open it as Administrator
- Boot Into Download mode by Turning OFF your device, connect it to PC via Type-C cable and then hold Volume Down + Power Button. Release all the Button once you see a change in screen and then press Volume Up to go into Download Mode.
- Open Odin flash tool and click on AP, select the recovery.tar file.
- Select the others BL, CP, and Home_CSC files from the Firmware you downloaded.
- Uncheck Auto Reboot in options and Click on Install.

Step 3: Boot to Recovery and flash ROM, GApps, and Stock-a71n.zip file.

- Boot to Lineage Recovery
- Wipe the Data, System, and Cache.
- Flash the ROM zip, after that flash the stock-a71n.zip
- Flash the GApps if you want to use Google services

The recovery.img from the 1st Post, make it with 7-zip to a "*.tar" file that you can flash the File with Odin.

Format the System Partition doesn´t run...

Lineage installation succesfull but the "stock-a71n.zip" don´t want to be installed...

Open Gapps the same...

Everytime it ends in this screen...

If you have the same errors, go to this Thread here and execute Point 3 !

Rooting the Fon with an original AP File the was modified with Magisk, doesn´t run and it is a complicated Method. "Power and Volume up and Magisk is activated" :good::good::laugh::laugh:

Root the phone after this Method here and you have everytime if you boot your Phone root Status.

The File "boot_A715FXXU1ATA7.tar" is the right solution for root the A71.

After 1 Week testing, reading, formatting,... Now the Lineage System is running with root rights and a modified recovery System and i thank faizauthar12 for that but the only one what is NOT running is the CAM :crying:
There is no Cam App in the Lineage OS.
If i install a GoogleCam apk it doesn´t run. Other Cam apks the same.

For this Problem i need help if somebody can help me ;)

(Sorry for my bad english and the Grammar!)

Last edited:

Mosaeed

Aug 27, 2020
Lineage Recovery made by faizauthar12 post didn't have a working link . Anyone has a working link?

elopio

Mar 24, 2013
Thank you faizauthar12. After some suffering, I got it installed.

I can help testing stuff, just let me know.

pura vida.

Lineage Recovery made by faizauthar12 post didn't have a working link . Anyone has a working link?

Mosaeed, it's in the first post, where it says Downloads: Mega.

This happened to me when I didn't enable USB debugging in Android.

One thing faizauthar12, when sideloading stock-a71n.zip I get:
E: footer is wrong

and
E: Signature verification failed

What is that about?

Another question, I've tried flashing the open gapps options, and they all result in a bootloop. Why open gapps package are you using to make it work?

Last edited:

faizauthar12

Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 7T
One thing faizauthar12, when sideloading stock-a71n.zip I get:
E: footer is wrong

and
E: Signature verification failed

What is that about

Another question, I've tried flashing the open gapps options, and they all result in a bootloop. Why open gapps package are you using to make it work?
AFAIK, footer error is related to meta-inf updater-script and it's fine.
did you install opengapps after rebooting to recovery not straight after rom installation?

Last edited:

elopio

Mar 24, 2013
did you install opengapps after rebooting to recovery not straight after rom installation?

Yes.
Once in recovery, flash lineage, flash stock, format cache and reboot to recovery (otherwise even the pico opengapps complains about not having enough space). Then, flash opengapps, reboot and get stuck in a bootloop.

If I don't flash opengapps, I can boot to lineage.

I've also tried doing the signature spoofing for microg, but haven't succeeded. Every step on this way is so full of suffering.

faizauthar12

Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 7T
Yes.
Once in recovery, flash lineage, flash stock, format cache and reboot to recovery (otherwise even the pico opengapps complains about not having enough space). Then, flash opengapps, reboot and get stuck in a bootloop.

If I don't flash opengapps, I can boot to lineage.

I've also tried doing the signature spoofing for microg, but haven't succeeded. Every step on this way is so full of suffering.
maybe latest opengapps has an issue with our device.., i have tested flashing gapps before releasing it to xda and it's fine(opengapps july-ish)

elopio

Mar 24, 2013
maybe latest opengapps has an issue with our device.., i have tested flashing gapps before releasing it to xda and it's fine(opengapps july-ish)

I'm not having any luck here.
I tried with the first opengapps from july. With pico, it boots but then it seems nothing was installed. The google play service is not running.
With micro, it gets into a bootloop.

Any more guidance here? Do you have it installed right now? Any chance you can tell me the exact version that you installed?

Also, one bug report: When I try to format the system partition, I get:
Code:
Failed to make ext4 on system: Is a directory

Last edited:

elsaeed

May 14, 2013
HbTieBD

please help
i flashed the recovery booted into it and installed the rom with success then installed the stock with success and then triued to install gaps but it told me there is no suffecient space on system partition. i tried to reboot to system in order to open the new setup but now its hanging on this screen and i cant even shutdown the device. i tried to flash the recovery again but it restarts and return to the same page.

seems like i cant post images . the page is download page with red <!> and message recovery reason : error verifying vbemta image

please help as i cant do anything to the device now

thanks

Last edited:

notzmv

Mar 29, 2016
I can't quite remember how I did it, but I think rooting the phone first made it work for me. Remember to clear cache and other stuff if you're getting "no sufficient space". I think the more precise path I took was installing Lineage without gapps, rooting the phone, reinstalling Lineage, rebooting into recovery and then finally installing GApps after clearing cache and so on. That should be enough. You might need to flash back the original firmware with Odin before getting the installations to work, especially if you're getting the kind of errors you say you have.

faizauthar12

Jan 26, 2014
Jakarta
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 7T
I can't quite remember how I did it, but I think rooting the phone first made it work for me. Remember to clear cache and other stuff if you're getting "no sufficient space". I think the more precise path I took was installing Lineage without gapps, rooting the phone, reinstalling Lineage, rebooting into recovery and then finally installing GApps after clearing cache and so on. That should be enough. You might need to flash back the original firmware with Odin before getting the installations to work, especially if you're getting the kind of errors you say you have.
anyway i have stated in first post, if you're facing unwanted issue while flashing please "reboot to recovery" and do flashing once again.

regardinf vbmeta failed to verify, i think he isn't flash vbmeta disabler in the first place

Russibic

Aug 25, 2020
Madrid
Complicado

Greetings, respect for the work.
But let me give you some advice:
You don't know to sell the product.
Make it easy, for people who do not control the subject as well as you.
In two or three steps, and in each step download links.
I pay to root the Samsung A71 mobile, but I see it very complicated.
Thanks and best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

• Make sure you're already unlcoed your bootloader
    • Make sure you're already flash Lineage Recovery made by me
    • Reboot to recovery
    • flash lineageos build
    • flash "stock-a71n" zip ( i will explain it why in second post
    • flash gapps
    • reboot
    If you gapps, magisk or any zip showing "failed to mount system" please reboot the recovery.

Downloads:

Known issues:
    Fingerprint not working

Reporting Bugs:

• Make sure the bug you want to report isn't already known
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--

a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Sources
    https://github.com/faizauthar12/android_device_samsung_a71n
    https://github.com/faizauthar12/android_device_samsung_sm7150-common
    https://github.com/faizauthar12/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][a71n][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A71

Contributors
    faizauthar12
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: U2 OneUI 2.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-07-17
    Last Updated 2020-07-17

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

• Make sure you're already unlcoed your bootloader
    • Make sure you're already flash Lineage Recovery made by me
    • Reboot to recovery
    • flash lineageos build
    • flash "stock-a71n" zip ( i will explain it why in second post
    • flash gapps
    • reboot
    If you gapps, magisk or any zip showing "failed to mount system" please reboot the recovery.

Downloads:

Known issues:
    Fingerprint not working

Reporting Bugs:

• Make sure the bug you want to report isn't already known
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    • Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--

a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Sources
    https://github.com/faizauthar12/android_device_samsung_a71n
    https://github.com/faizauthar12/android_device_samsung_sm7150-common
    https://github.com/faizauthar12/android_kernel_samsung_sm6150

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][a71n][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A71

Contributors
    faizauthar12
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: U2 OneUI 2.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-07-17
    Last Updated 2020-07-17

Awesome. i just tried it out on my Samsung galaxy a71 and everything seems to be working OK. however i have noticed a few small issues. the proximity sensor when making phone calls does not work and double tap to wake is not present in settings. also the WiFi network signal is rather weak compared to the Stock Rom. if you need me to send over some logs i would be happy to
    Here is the current situation. I've made this ROM running with stock vendor, so that we need to use stock "image kernel" to works.
    if you're curious to know what will happen if you're not using stock "image" kernel i am allowing you to not flash "stock-a71n.zip"

feel free to contribute to this project.
    reserved for future post in the second thread
    Great work developer, really appreciate it, and looking forward for further development on this device, let's free the galaxy A71 from Samsung crap OS.
    Crap OS.....it's not that bad.....