LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.
Device source code:
- msm8974-common (shared by all Samsung msm8974 devices): LineageOS/android_device_samsung_msm8974-common
- hlte-common (shared by all hlte* devices): LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hlte-common
- hlte: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hlte
- hltechn: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hltechn
- hltekor: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hltekor
- hltetmo: LineageOS/android_device_samsung_hltetmo
- https://github.com/haggertk/cm_build_stuff/blob/lineage-18.1/picks.sh (other than the open device/kernel changes on gerrit)
The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.
|hltekor||SM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S|
|hltetmo||SM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8|
- Download latest build
- Boot into recovery
- Lineage recovery images are included in the download section and that's what I support. If you feel like using TWRP and something isn't working then take it up with the TWRP maintainer
- If not updating from one of my earlier unofficial builds, then format/system, /data, and /cache
- For Lineage recovery:
- Format -> Format data/factory reset (this does /data and /cache)
- Format -> Format system partition
- For TWRP figure it out. And no, "wipe data" isn't the same as formatting data
- For Lineage recovery:
- Install LineageOS zip
- If this is your initial installation of LineageOS 18.1, then flash any addons (e.g., gapps)
- DO NOT even think about reporting bugs if you are running a custom kernel, Magisk, or Xposed
- Grab a logcat after the problem has occurred
- If there is a random reboot then grab /proc/last_kmsg. A logcat AFTER the reboot will be worthless
- Note which build AND device you have
- Read the thread, at least the last month's worth of posts. Don't report things that others already have.
- External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. It was kind of broken in 17 and we likely won't merge the changes to add it back in for 18. I'm not going to pick the open changes to re-add support because I'm not going to deal with "but it worked on haggertk's unofficial builds" bug reports after we eventually go official. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
- I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.