[ROM][UNOFFICIAL-ABANDONED][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (hlte*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

haggertk

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
Kernel source code:
My picks:

Build Compatibility:
The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.​
BuildModel
hlteSM-N9005, SM-N900P
hltechnSM-N9008V
hltekorSM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S
hltetmoSM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8

Downloads:
Installation Instructions:
  • Download latest build
  • Boot into recovery
    • Lineage recovery images are included in the download section and that's what I support. If you feel like using TWRP and something isn't working then take it up with the TWRP maintainer
  • If not updating from one of my earlier unofficial builds, then format/system, /data, and /cache
    • For Lineage recovery:
      • Format -> Format data/factory reset (this does /data and /cache)
      • Format -> Format system partition
    • For TWRP figure it out. And no, "wipe data" isn't the same as formatting data
  • Install LineageOS zip
  • If this is your initial installation of LineageOS 18.1, then flash any addons (e.g., gapps)
Reporting Bugs:
  • DO NOT even think about reporting bugs if you are running a custom kernel, Magisk, or Xposed
  • Grab a logcat after the problem has occurred
  • If there is a random reboot then grab /proc/last_kmsg. A logcat AFTER the reboot will be worthless
  • Note which build AND device you have
  • Read the thread, at least the last month's worth of posts. Don't report things that others already have.
Compatibility Notes:
  • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. It was kind of broken in 17 and we likely won't merge the changes to add it back in for 18. I'm not going to pick the open changes to re-add support because I'm not going to deal with "but it worked on haggertk's unofficial builds" bug reports after we eventually go official. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
Donations:
  • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.

trungnth

Oct 16, 2018
Thank you @haggertk and Happy New Year! Android 11 on Note 3, unbelievable :cool: I clean flashed this rom on my hltekor without gapps. Everything is working fine, but sometime System UI was not responding.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    1 MB · Views: 120
Reactions: MarkusOSx

r0mushii

here are the logs regarding with bluetooth audio crashing when playback. specifically it crashes then you skip tracks/videos on any application with audio output
currently on initial 20201227 build on hltekor variant. freshly flashed with magisk and nanodroid, and youtube, matlog, and mixplorer to simulate the crash and extract the logs and the tombstone of the said crash
any help would be appreciated

p.s. this issue has been persisted since lineage 16.0, as far as my usage goes, and this issue is experienced not only by me but also with other peers outside xda.

Attachments

• 20201227-bt.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 126

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Working great ,didint sxperiance any mayor issue.there are some minor things but for a second build i must say impressive work!!

The only known issue is with background apps stop working (like youtube vanced or music app) also happend on official 17.1 (dont know if it was fixed in later offical builds)

ZahedanBoy1995

Nov 28, 2020
Installed And Tested
Works Like A Charm With 0 Problem!
<Thanks A Million>
But Which Gapps Package Should We Install?
I Only Found Gapps For Arm64 Android 11 But Hlte Has Arm Architecture.

Jacky_Chua

Jan 25, 2012
Thankyou very much!! You made the Note3 still rock!

I want to ask if the upcoming Google Android system are not support 32bit CPU..? If that happens what would the future of Note3 will be...? Thanks!!

Microprod

Jan 7, 2021
This is a sick ROM! It was weird that 64 bit GApps worked on this 32 bit chip, but anyways, here are the issues:
1. Sometimes, out of nowhere, the system will stop responding from 5 to 20 seconds for no reason, and then show me a message box saying whatever app I was on, has stopped responding, especially SystemUI.
2. I can't set a lock screen except for swipe. When I set one, in the next reboot, it starts bootlooping the system every 5 seconds. To fix it, I either had to wipe Data from TWRP, or go to the file manager, go to the system folder and delete the 2 files that started with the word "lock". Then, the issue went away, but I fear setting a lock pattern now.
3. Sometimes, for no reason, it turns off the screen into just a square, colored box with the clock on the top. I assume this is for those folding cases with a magnet on it, so, after a hard reset (using the physical buttons), I opened a Sensor Multitool app to see my magnetization sensor going haywire. The values were literally off the charts, into the thousands. After a few seconds, it got back to normal though, so that was weird. When it goes to that mode, nothing is possible to do, not even the power menu shows up, other than turn it off with force. This has happened to me a few times now and started happening on the 1st day I installed the ROM.

These issues may be only applicable to my device, but I am not sure. I used to have Android 10 before(more specifically, HavocOS 3.7) and didn't have these issues. I know this is an unofficial ROM, and it is amazing for what it is.
By the way, I am daily driving this OS.

My device: SM-N9005, hlte
Using the kernel that the ROM includes, not Lolz or any of that.

Edit: wait.. I downloaded this ROM from a different site and not here. It linked to files that were from November 30th and now that I took a look at them, the parent directory said "LineageOS 18.0". I'll install the ROM from here now, see how it performs.

Last edited:

nicholasknicks

This is a sick ROM! It was weird that 64 bit GApps worked on this 32 bit chip, but anyways, here are the issues:
1. Sometimes, out of nowhere, the system will stop responding from 5 to 20 seconds for no reason, and then show me a message box saying whatever app I was on, has stopped responding, especially SystemUI.
2. I can't set a lock screen except for swipe. When I set one, in the next reboot, it starts bootlooping the system every 5 seconds. To fix it, I either had to wipe Data from TWRP, or go to the file manager, go to the system folder and delete the 2 files that started with the word "lock". Then, the issue went away, but I fear setting a lock pattern now.
3. Sometimes, for no reason, it turns off the screen into just a square, colored box with the clock on the top. I assume this is for those folding cases with a magnet on it, so, after a hard reset (using the physical buttons), I opened a Sensor Multitool app to see my magnetization sensor going haywire. The values were literally off the charts, into the thousands. After a few seconds, it got back to normal though, so that was weird. When it goes to that mode, nothing is possible to do, not even the power menu shows up, other than turn it off with force. This has happened to me a few times now and started happening on the 1st day I installed the ROM.

These issues may be only applicable to my device, but I am not sure. I used to have Android 10 before(more specifically, HavocOS 3.7) and didn't have these issues. I know this is an unofficial ROM, and it is amazing for what it is.

Edit: wait.. I downloaded this ROM from a different site and not here. It linked to files that were from November 30th and now that I took a look at them, the parent directory said "LineageOS 18.0". I'll install the ROM from here now, see how it performs.

I downloaded the Rom from here and I have been having the same exact issues , I thought it was my device acting up ...Now I'm sure its an issue with the ROM

faheem200

Nov 8, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Lenovo A3000

take logs instead of blabbering

Reactions: gl3nborj

tienze070601

Jan 2, 2021
Excuse me, I want to ask that is this rom have navigation gesture? Cuz all of my navigation buttons are dead and the last time I install a Lineage 17 rom, it's doesn't have the gesture.
Thank you for your works :>

howeiying

Sep 4, 2013
Hi, just share the gapps here...

Attachments

• MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210103_125223.zip
    150.4 MB · Views: 1,053
  • MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210210_225827.zip
    152.4 MB · Views: 233
  • MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210328_143701.zip
    176.3 MB · Views: 323
Reactions: IcemanSR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:
    My picks:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.​
    BuildModel
    hlteSM-N9005, SM-N900P
    hltechnSM-N9008V
    hltekorSM-N900K, SM-N900L, SM-N900S
    hltetmoSM-N900R4, SM-N900T, SM-N900V, SM-N900W8

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    • Download latest build
    • Boot into recovery
      • Lineage recovery images are included in the download section and that's what I support. If you feel like using TWRP and something isn't working then take it up with the TWRP maintainer
    • If not updating from one of my earlier unofficial builds, then format/system, /data, and /cache
      • For Lineage recovery:
        • Format -> Format data/factory reset (this does /data and /cache)
        • Format -> Format system partition
      • For TWRP figure it out. And no, "wipe data" isn't the same as formatting data
    • Install LineageOS zip
    • If this is your initial installation of LineageOS 18.1, then flash any addons (e.g., gapps)
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT even think about reporting bugs if you are running a custom kernel, Magisk, or Xposed
    • Grab a logcat after the problem has occurred
    • If there is a random reboot then grab /proc/last_kmsg. A logcat AFTER the reboot will be worthless
    • Note which build AND device you have
    • Read the thread, at least the last month's worth of posts. Don't report things that others already have.
    Compatibility Notes:
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. It was kind of broken in 17 and we likely won't merge the changes to add it back in for 18. I'm not going to pick the open changes to re-add support because I'm not going to deal with "but it worked on haggertk's unofficial builds" bug reports after we eventually go official. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
    any news from updating ?? last update is a month now?? still can not run youtube app (just it)
    There has been nothing committed to either platform or device-specific trees to make a new build worth it. A new unofficial, and maybe an official promotion, should come in the next week or so.
    long time no updates on the topic and on the files!!

I don't upload new builds unless they contain what I feel are arbitrarily "important enough" changes. There will be new builds in the next couple days with the March patch level.
    Reserved -- just in case.
    I have just installed this android 11 on my note 3 however wifi tethering turns off as soon as you try to turn it on saying 'error'

This will be fixed in the next build.