[ROM][UNOFFICIAL-ABANDONED][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)

Search This thread
Please see my reply there, i am using the klte as well:

So far there is currently no released version "Open GApps" for A11 avail on the project's webpage.

snsnse

Mar 11, 2016
Please don't take this as an ETA inquiry, but since @haggertk suggested that 18.1 might go official last week, I'd like to ask whether there are any pending problems that might cause a significant delay? I'm asking because I'm setting up an S5/klte for s.o. that needs official signatures.

Cheers

pmduper

Oct 11, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
sm-g900i - lineage-18.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-kltedv
twrp v3.3.1
Formatted and advanced cleaned.
NO Gapps. NO custom kernel. ROM only.
@haggertk thanks mate. Stable build, no fault found. Even Bluetooth behaves with in/out calls via carkit. Podcast, music app streaming is solid.
Battery performance is as expected.
For my device, this is the more stable build for 11 that I have tested.
A definite home run.

jimsters

Apr 13, 2021
hi. this is my first post on here.
thanks for this version of lineage.
ive installed onto a galaxy s5 klte g900f.

i cant get wifi calling or screencasting to work.

1. Wifi calling:
i can not get the option to appear to turn on wifi calling. im with Three in the UK and they support wifi calling. This option doesnt appear anywhere that i can find.
If i do a search in settings, it auto populates and brings up "Wi-Fi Calling, Use Wi-Fi for calls to improve quality", however when i press this, it takes me into the settings for my provider where it should have the opton for wifi calling and its not there?

screencasting:
i cant seem to get screen casting / screen mirroring (or the correct teminology) working from my samsung phone to my samsung TVs.
I used to use screen mirroring on the stock android before upgrade and it worked.
ive installed samsung smartthings however every time i open it it crashes. if i use this to navigate to device ist and search for devices it doesnt find any TVs.
ive also installed smart view old apk and that doesnt find any TVs.
I can still use my galaxy s7 edge to successfully connect to my TVs.

thanks for any help

x2k13

Nov 2, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
hi. this is my first post on here.
thanks for this version of lineage.
ive installed onto a galaxy s5 klte g900f.

i cant get wifi calling or screencasting to work.

1. Wifi calling:
i can not get the option to appear to turn on wifi calling. im with Three in the UK and they support wifi calling. This option doesnt appear anywhere that i can find.
If i do a search in settings, it auto populates and brings up "Wi-Fi Calling, Use Wi-Fi for calls to improve quality", however when i press this, it takes me into the settings for my provider where it should have the opton for wifi calling and its not there?

screencasting:
i cant seem to get screen casting / screen mirroring (or the correct teminology) working from my samsung phone to my samsung TVs.
I used to use screen mirroring on the stock android before upgrade and it worked.
ive installed samsung smartthings however every time i open it it crashes. if i use this to navigate to device ist and search for devices it doesnt find any TVs.
ive also installed smart view old apk and that doesnt find any TVs.
I can still use my galaxy s7 edge to successfully connect to my TVs.

thanks for any help
Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember LOS having ditched the code for Miracast (wich is needed for screen sharing), meaning it won't work anymore.

Reactions: curiousrom

argonaut459

Sep 18, 2020
Sorry for the bit Offtopic.

I dropped my S5 this morning after that the lower quarter of the screen was black and did not respond. Now in the afternoon half the screen is black / discolored and doesn't respond anymore.

How can I back up my entire phone quickly and thoroughly?
(I never really thought about backups or how to set the phone up for that)
Preferably one kind image backup and one in a way so that I can still select and transfer single files to my old S3

Thanks in advance

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Sorry for the bit Offtopic.

I dropped my S5 this morning after that the lower quarter of the screen was black and did not respond. Now in the afternoon half the screen is black / discolored and doesn't respond anymore.

How can I back up my entire phone quickly and thoroughly?
(I never really thought about backups or how to set the phone up for that)
Preferably one kind image backup and one in a way so that I can still select and transfer single files to my old S3

Thanks in advance
First of all enable adb and allow your PC to always have access.

Reactions: argonaut459

jimsters

Apr 13, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember LOS having ditched the code for Miracast (wich is needed for screen sharing), meaning it won't work anymore.

im not sure? it was working before i updated to lineage? it might not be called 'miracast', its just however it used to cast the screen to the samsung tv.

it still works on my galaxy s7 edge by using samsung smartthings, but smartthings wont work on this lineage 18.1 it just crashes and wont find any TVs?

still no further with wifi calling either......

thanks

argonaut459

Sep 18, 2020
As my S5 broke - how would I enable this wifi-calling ?
I could look for it in the LOS 18 build from ChronoMonochrome and see if it works. Do I need a SIM-card in the phone for that?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
I could look for it in the LOS 18 build from ChronoMonochrome and see if it works. Do I need a SIM-card in the phone for that?
@jimsters for WiFi calling install stock ROM or stock based. No aosp based ROM has WiFi calling or VoLTE on any Samsung smartphone.

jimsters

Apr 13, 2021
@jimsters for WiFi calling install stock ROM or stock based. No aosp based ROM has WiFi calling or VoLTE on any Samsung smartphone.
I assumed wifi calling would work.
i have seen some youtube videos of people saying they have lineage installed as 17.1 or 18.1 and wifi calling working.?

so, does lineage not have wifi calling, or is it just that it doesnt have it for samsung s5?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official LineageOS 18.1 for the Galaxy S5 klte family Launched!

FYI these haggertk's commits are now marked as Merged so it should be available in the next update if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder:
    And it's confirmed in the LineageOS build target list and the wiki pages https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ also.

The respective wiki pages include an upgrade guide.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 up to date. :cool: 👍
    New Thread: Official LineageOS 18.1 for the S5 klte Family!

FYI see this new thread by haggertk: [ROM][OFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)
    I recommend to setup official 17.1 and upgrade to 18.1 as soon as that is stable enough. There is an official upgrade guide without wiping data.

I guess I should go straight for the 18.1 official now hey? Perfect timing!
    Greetings, overall the Rom is fine, but with every restart it complains about my SD and wants to format.

EDIT: The SD is fine ...
    EDIT2: This version is apalling. Sorry.
    EDIT3; Random reboots on top. This is not just apalling it is just plain unusable.
    G'day mate,
    Let me tell you what's appalling....your attitude and in addition, what are the details of your variant? Gapps/no Gapps? Kernel? Dirty/clean install? And where is the log you took for the devs?
    What build are you talking about?
    The latest LOS18.1 unofficial works without fault on my g900i device. The most stable ROM since Nougat.
    Please take time to appreciate the hard work that devs give us for free!
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
    Kernel source code:
    My picks:

Build Compatibility:
    The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.​
    BuildModel
    klteSM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8
    klteactivexxSM-G870F
    klteaioSM-G900AZ, SM-S902L
    kltechnSM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
    kltechnduoSM-G9006W, SM-G9008W, SM-G9009W
    klteduosSM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
    kltedvSM-G900I, SM-G900P
    kltekdiSC-04F, SCL23
    kltekorSM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Downloads:
    Installation Instructions:
    • Download latest build
    • Boot into recovery
      • Lineage recovery images are included in the download section and that's what I support. If you feel like using TWRP and something isn't working then take it up with the TWRP maintainer
    • If not updating from one of my earlier unofficial builds, then format/system, /data, and /cache
      • For Lineage recovery:
        • Format -> Format data/factory reset (this does /data and /cache)
        • Format -> Format system partition
      • For TWRP figure it out. And no, "wipe data" isn't the same as formatting data
    • Install LineageOS zip
    • If this is your initial installation of LineageOS 18.1, then flash any addons (e.g., gapps)
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT even think about reporting bugs if you are running a custom kernel, Magisk, or Xposed
    • Grab a logcat after the problem has occurred
    • If there is a random reboot then grab /proc/last_kmsg. A logcat AFTER the reboot will be worthless
    • Note which build AND device you have
    • Read the thread, at least the last month's worth of posts. Don't report things that others already have.
    Compatibility Notes:
    • Bootloader version doesn't matter. Anyone who tells you so doesn't know what they are taking about. My Developer Edition G900V is still running the original 4.4.2 KK aboot. My G900W8 is running the latest 6.0.1.
    • All builds except for klteactivexx MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) radio for RIL to work. If you are about to report that RIL/radio isn't working then I pretty much guarantee this is your issue.
    • You MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) NON-HLOS for the fingerprint reader to work. If you are about to report a fingerprint reader problem then you either have old firmware (update it), your /data was previously encrypted and you performed a "clean" flash without FORMATTING /data (start over and FORMAT /data), or your reader is just broken.
    • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. It was kind of broken in 17 and we likely won't merge the changes to add it back in for 18. I'm not going to pick the open changes to re-add support because I'm not going to deal with "but it worked on haggertk's unofficial builds" bug reports after we eventually go official. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
    Donations:
    • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
    Note that the Galaxy S5 klte family is not included in the initial promotion but should follow eventually.

I'll probably ship in the coming week. They're ready, but I don't want to be the first set our the door on the infra. As it is, we're already flying this thing in direct law tonight.
    Official LineageOS 18.1 for the Galaxy S5 klte family Launched!

FYI these haggertk's commits are now marked as Merged so it should be available in the next update if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder:
    And it's confirmed in the LineageOS build target list and the wiki pages https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ also.

The respective wiki pages include an upgrade guide.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 up to date. :cool: 👍
    Official LineageOS 18.1 Launched!

FYI the Official LineageOS 18.1 is launched as you can read in this official blog: Changelog 25 - Exemplary Eleven, Ravishing Recorder, Captivating Calendar, Beaming Backup

The first batch of builds should be available starting 2021-04-01 if all goes well with with the LineageOS automated builder. Click on nightly even if the lineage-16.0 label has not been updated yet.

Note that the Galaxy S5 klte family is not included in the initial promotion but should follow eventually.
    Hey @haggertk, I have a SM-S902L. Can I use the rom for SM-S900L for my device? If not would you be so kind and add support for my model? I had been waiting for lineage 17.1 for quite some time now and installed an unofficial build to get android 10. I just found this amazing thread which is a way for me to get android 11. :love: Please consider my request. Thanks ;)

Yeah, that's easy -- I dropped G900AZ and S902L during 17.1 bring-up because I wasn't about to formally fork a device tree and create a new build for those devices that needed <M RIL stack without any evidence of a continuing userbase. I have the work already done locally for 17. One commit in that device tree and then importing the vendor blobs will have it done for 18.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone