[ROM][UNOFFICIAL-ABANDONED][11] LineageOS 18.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte*)

Search This thread

x2k13

im not sure? it was working before i updated to lineage? it might not be called 'miracast', its just however it used to cast the screen to the samsung tv.

it still works on my galaxy s7 edge by using samsung smartthings, but smartthings wont work on this lineage 18.1 it just crashes and wont find any TVs?

still no further with wifi calling either......

thanks
Yes, it works on stock Samsung firmware because the code needed is implemented by Samsung, in LOS it isn't. That's why you can't use it. 😉

JMeister234

Mar 16, 2011
Mississauga
Updated the S5 (W8) in my drawer to Lineage 17.1 last week, 18.1 this week after finding out about it when I went to restore my non-working Ouya.
=> great work!
=> can't say what works/doesn't work because there's no SIM, it's a backup of a backup phone.

Notes:
- Camera took a photo.
- No noticeable lag.
- Wifi connects
- Didn't install gapps (out of laziness, usb stick was in basement).
- external storage working

Amazing this phone is still relevant.

Reactions: curiousrom

Zytrel

Jun 17, 2012
Greetings, overall the Rom is fine, but with every restart it complains about my SD and wants to format.

EDIT: The SD is fine ...
EDIT2: This version is apalling. Sorry.
EDIT3; Random reboots on top. This is not just apalling it is just plain unusable.

Last edited:

pmduper

Oct 11, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Greetings, overall the Rom is fine, but with every restart it complains about my SD and wants to format.

EDIT: The SD is fine ...
EDIT2: This version is apalling. Sorry.
EDIT3; Random reboots on top. This is not just apalling it is just plain unusable.
G'day mate,
Let me tell you what's appalling....your attitude and in addition, what are the details of your variant? Gapps/no Gapps? Kernel? Dirty/clean install? And where is the log you took for the devs?
What build are you talking about?
The latest LOS18.1 unofficial works without fault on my g900i device. The most stable ROM since Nougat.
Please take time to appreciate the hard work that devs give us for free!

mcdachpappe

Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2015
Thanks for sharing this guide, just worked perfectly on my sm-g900f! Running this lineage version now with latest microG.

And thanks to @haggertk for keeping this device alive!

I'll attach my created .zip file (patched services.jar - resulting in following the guide mentioned above) to this post. You should be using the same ROM version (lineage-18.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-klte.zip) like me because of compatibility reasons.

Attachments

• spoof_AVDapi30 - mod.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: pmduper and kurtn
Dec 25, 2013
I have a g900i, its basically still new, and I need to set it up in the next few days and use it for a while, so I am going to set it up properly and install all the apps I need, configure every setting and setup the sdcard and transfer all my data over.

This is going to take me a day and probably a few days just setting up anything left over as I use it, as I need everything to work right for a long time and not muck around with it too much after everything is up and running.

Taking all that into account, should I install this unofficial version, or will I have to format and setup everything all over again once the official release is available and I want to update?

Thanks.

kurtn

• Jan 28, 2017
    Small town in Bavaria
    I have a g900i, its basically still new, and I need to set it up in the next few days and use it for a while, so I am going to set it up properly and install all the apps I need, configure every setting and setup the sdcard and transfer all my data over.

This is going to take me a day and probably a few days just setting up anything left over as I use it, as I need everything to work right for a long time and not muck around with it too much after everything is up and running.

Taking all that into account, should I install this unofficial version, or will I have to format and setup everything all over again once the official release is available and I want to update?

Thanks.
    I recommend to setup official 17.1 and upgrade to 18.1 as soon as that is stable enough. There is an official upgrade guide without wiping data.

Zytrel

Jun 17, 2012
    G'day mate,
    Let me tell you what's appalling....your attitude and in addition, what are the details of your variant? Gapps/no Gapps? Kernel? Dirty/clean install? And where is the log you took for the devs?
    What build are you talking about?
    The latest LOS18.1 unofficial works without fault on my g900i device. The most stable ROM since Nougat.
    Please take time to appreciate the hard work that devs give us for free!
    Yes,, my attitute was not appropriate. And there seems to be a deeper problem, related to my phone, as I can't even boot into TWRP right now. So sorry for any premature judgement.

EDIT: Then again, this version messed up my SD-Card so badly, TWRP is crashing, Windows is having trouble. This should not happen even with a half assed alpha.

Last edited:

kurtn

• Jan 28, 2017
    Small town in Bavaria
    Yes,, my attitute was not appropriate. And there seems to be a deeper problem, related to my phone, as I can't even boot into TWRP right now. So sorry for any premature judgement.

EDIT: Then again, this version messed up my SD-Card so badly, TWRP is crashing, Windows is having trouble. This should not happen even with a half assed alpha.
    In your case I would try a clean installation of 17.1 with formatting data and removing external SD. If you then still see major bugs, I fear S5 is slowly dying.

Reactions: Zytrel
    Official LineageOS 18.1 for the Galaxy S5 klte family Launched!

FYI these haggertk's commits are now marked as Merged so it should be available in the next update if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder:
    And it's confirmed in the LineageOS build target list and the wiki pages https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ also.

The respective wiki pages include an upgrade guide.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 up to date. :cool: 👍

Last edited:

kurtn

• Jan 28, 2017
    Small town in Bavaria
    • Haha
    Hello everyone, apparently the official version for our model came out. Any news?

Official LineageOS 18.1 builds for the S5 klte family are not out yet but will be available soon with the next scheduled update for your model if all goes well with the LineageOS automated builder.

See 5 posts above yours. 👆 🤓

Last edited:

Eadn33

Jul 22, 2019
    Michigan
    Why would I think it could be dying if it runs fine on 17.1 with the SD?
    I and a few others have had issues the last couple of months running 17.1 with occasional notifications that SD Card requires repair (and contents can't be read in Lineage). Seems to occur during heavy SD read write that triggers a reboot.

A temporary fix has been to remove the SD Card and "repair" it in windows. I believe Lineage will reformat it if you attempt to repair from the notification. Have no answers on why, but if it is the same issue, it is not due to the new 18 and it only seems to have occurred to a small number of users. May be too soon to be sure, but no problems with this since the latest 17.1 upgrade last weekend.

Looking forward to official 18 on my 900V before Verizon pulls the plug on non-VOLTE phones in the US!

While waiting on the official to drop I went back in the archives and pulled this gem.........
    Its like I got a new fast phone....Im hung over on the ASOP style roms since pie... so I took it back to 2014....lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-20-23-36-54[1].png
      Screenshot_2021-04-20-23-36-54[1].png
      604.8 KB · Views: 44
    • Screenshot_2021-04-20-23-46-04[1].png
      Screenshot_2021-04-20-23-46-04[1].png
      1.1 MB · Views: 42

Lister Of Smeg

May 20, 2013
    While waiting on the official to drop I went back in the archives and pulled this gem.........
    Its like I got a new fast phone....Im hung over on the ASOP style roms since pie... so I took it back to 2014....lol

Hi @[email protected],

Glad to see you've gone back to this rom... May I ask where you got this rom from, and will it work on the G900F model too? As I see you have the G900T...

Once you installed this rom, did you have to install any other kernels or patches afterwards??

I've been requesting this rom for ages, and no one seems to know that a working version of it exists...?? Every version of 4.4.4 I've downloaded on the S5 doesn't work, either WiFi is broken or there was a couple of other things. Apparently it needed a different kernel or patch, that either no longer exists or no one knew of it...

Would very much appreciate if you have a link to this rom, and if any other steps were required after flashing it...

Many thanks, Lister

Reactions: vlad3647

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      @jimsters sure it's ok to post but might get more attention if not posted in an abandoned thread. 😉
      This is official now.
      @jimsters sure it's ok to post but might get more attention if not posted in an abandoned thread. 😉
      This is official now.
      ah ok thanks
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps) . LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Device source code:
      Kernel source code:
      My picks:

Build Compatibility:
      The noted models are the only ones supported. If you have a model that isn't listed and ask politely then I might work to add compatibility.​
      BuildModel
      klteSM-G900F, SM-G900M, SM-G900R4, SM-G900R7, SM-G900T, SM-G900V, SM-G900W8
      klteactivexxSM-G870F
      klteaioSM-G900AZ, SM-S902L
      kltechnSM-G9006V, SM-G9008V
      kltechnduoSM-G9006W, SM-G9008W, SM-G9009W
      klteduosSM-G900FD, SM-G900MD
      kltedvSM-G900I, SM-G900P
      kltekdiSC-04F, SCL23
      kltekorSM-G900K, SM-G900L, SM-G900S

Downloads:
      Installation Instructions:
      • Download latest build
      • Boot into recovery
        • Lineage recovery images are included in the download section and that's what I support. If you feel like using TWRP and something isn't working then take it up with the TWRP maintainer
      • If not updating from one of my earlier unofficial builds, then format/system, /data, and /cache
        • For Lineage recovery:
          • Format -> Format data/factory reset (this does /data and /cache)
          • Format -> Format system partition
        • For TWRP figure it out. And no, "wipe data" isn't the same as formatting data
      • Install LineageOS zip
      • If this is your initial installation of LineageOS 18.1, then flash any addons (e.g., gapps)
      Reporting Bugs:
      • DO NOT even think about reporting bugs if you are running a custom kernel, Magisk, or Xposed
      • Grab a logcat after the problem has occurred
      • If there is a random reboot then grab /proc/last_kmsg. A logcat AFTER the reboot will be worthless
      • Note which build AND device you have
      • Read the thread, at least the last month's worth of posts. Don't report things that others already have.
      Compatibility Notes:
      • Bootloader version doesn't matter. Anyone who tells you so doesn't know what they are taking about. My Developer Edition G900V is still running the original 4.4.2 KK aboot. My G900W8 is running the latest 6.0.1.
      • All builds except for klteactivexx MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) radio for RIL to work. If you are about to report that RIL/radio isn't working then I pretty much guarantee this is your issue.
      • You MUST be running a marshmallow (6.0.1) NON-HLOS for the fingerprint reader to work. If you are about to report a fingerprint reader problem then you either have old firmware (update it), your /data was previously encrypted and you performed a "clean" flash without FORMATTING /data (start over and FORMAT /data), or your reader is just broken.
      • External SD cards don't support POSIX (ext*, f2fs) or NTFS filesystems anymore. It was kind of broken in 17 and we likely won't merge the changes to add it back in for 18. I'm not going to pick the open changes to re-add support because I'm not going to deal with "but it worked on haggertk's unofficial builds" bug reports after we eventually go official. If this affects you then just bite the bullet, copy any data off you really want to save, and reformat as exfat.
      Donations:
      • I absolutely don't personally accept them. If you really feel that this work deserves it, then find a local food bank or animal shelter/rescue and throw some money their way. You can also throw some the way of LineageOS, but we're actually doing pretty well right now.
      Note that the Galaxy S5 klte family is not included in the initial promotion but should follow eventually.

I'll probably ship in the coming week. They're ready, but I don't want to be the first set our the door on the infra. As it is, we're already flying this thing in direct law tonight.
      Official LineageOS 18.1 for the Galaxy S5 klte family Launched!

FYI these haggertk's commits are now marked as Merged so it should be available in the next update if all goes well with the Lineage automated builder:
      And it's confirmed in the LineageOS build target list and the wiki pages https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ also.

The respective wiki pages include an upgrade guide.

Thank you to the Lineage Team & Mr. haggertk for keeping our old S5 up to date. :cool: 👍
      Official LineageOS 18.1 Launched!

FYI the Official LineageOS 18.1 is launched as you can read in this official blog: Changelog 25 - Exemplary Eleven, Ravishing Recorder, Captivating Calendar, Beaming Backup

The first batch of builds should be available starting 2021-04-01 if all goes well with with the LineageOS automated builder. Click on nightly even if the lineage-16.0 label has not been updated yet.

Note that the Galaxy S5 klte family is not included in the initial promotion but should follow eventually.
      Hey @haggertk, I have a SM-S902L. Can I use the rom for SM-S900L for my device? If not would you be so kind and add support for my model? I had been waiting for lineage 17.1 for quite some time now and installed an unofficial build to get android 10. I just found this amazing thread which is a way for me to get android 11. :love: Please consider my request. Thanks ;)

Yeah, that's easy -- I dropped G900AZ and S902L during 17.1 bring-up because I wasn't about to formally fork a device tree and create a new build for those devices that needed <M RIL stack without any evidence of a continuing userbase. I have the work already done locally for 17. One commit in that device tree and then importing the vendor blobs will have it done for 18.