- Mar 6, 2012
Please read this entire post before attempting to install!!
This ROM is built for and tested on a moto e5 play "james" XT1921-1 (Comcast). I think it will work on the other "james" variants. If you're asking about hannah or pettyl or another e5 variant...don't. I build for my own phone, because I feel like it.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you get upset at me for messing up your device, I will feel bad and go away. * */
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Follow Instructions Carefully - installation will fail otherwise :
- WARNING: There doesn't seem to be a way to back up and restore using the 64 bit TWRP (probably due to forced encryption). Your data is toast if you install this, and toast again if you mess up a later installation. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
- Download TWRP for james from whodat711's Lineage 17.1 thread, linked below.
- fastboot boot twrp-james-bootonly.img (ONLY BOOT IT!! TOO BIG TO FLASH!)
- -- then --
- Wipe -> ADVANCED -- select system + vendor -> SWIPE TO WIPE
- reboot bootloader
- fastboot boot recovery again
- -- then --
- Format data, Wipe cache & dalvik-cache
- Flash ROM, Gapps 11 arm64 together (Download Gapps from downloads section)
- Done-Reboot Now
- Wait...and wait... the first boot takes 8 minutes (with gapps).
- Camera and Camcorder
- Video Playback
- RIL (Calls, sms/mms, VoLTE)
- SELinux: Enforcing
- Trust complains about the build being signed with a public key. This is an unofficial build, so it is slightly less secure. The warning can be turned off in settings.
- I guess just post them to this thread. I probably can't help, but maybe somebody else can.
@whodat711 for bringing Lineage 17.1 to james.
@JarlPenguin for maintaining the kernel, vendor, and common-device trees.
(Note: If either of you want to build 18.1 for james, I will gladly run your builds and stop posting my own.)
The LineageOS team
2021-06-13: Initial 18.1 release. 2021-07-14: Video recording sync issue is fixed. Fix some SELinux denials. July security patch. 2021-08-08: August security patch. Remove unneeded camera libs. 2021-10-10: October security patch.
- ROM source: http://github.com/LineageOS
- Common device tree: https://github.com/musical-chairs/android_device_motorola_msm8937-common
- Device tree: https://github.com/musical-chairs/android_device_motorola_james
- Kernel: https://github.com/musical-chairs/android_kernel_motorola_msm8953
- Vendor: https://github.com/musical-chairs/proprietary_vendor_motorola