[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1 [joyeuse/miatol][22/01/21]

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
Hi @gigahurts

New unified rom will be released today. We're moving away from individual phone releases. All Lineage 18 roms from this point on will be miatol. Will post 15/12/20 rom later today. Been out a while sorry. Only 1 rom release since the Oct rom anyway. All issues have been resolved and the latest Lineage 18.0 code synced.

It is now 4 weeks and 6 days since your post indicating the unified ROM would be released.

There is still no stated (nor obvious) location where it can be downloaded.

Culling through all the folders of WightROMs sourceforge files yields nothing LineageOS / Miatoll-related.

Could you please provide an update? There are a handful of reported issues which might have been fixed. The other ROMs for this phone are all too "heavy" to be of interest to many.

Thank you! I hope you and Wight are healthy and OK, not having posted for so long.

Last edited:

vin100

Jul 13, 2009
Brussels
Hi @gigahurts
Yes as asked by @fbachofner could you please give some update (at least an idea about the time). I'm waiting with a new 9Pro (Global version) and I don't want begin to use it before installing a solid alternative Rom. LineageOs seems the more sustainable one, so I'm waiting... But I feel it a little long. Maybe somebody else could give me a better idea
Thank you !

gigahurts

Feb 4, 2013
Hey all,

Apologies for not responding for a bit. I got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer on Jan. 1, so this was not on my priority list.

Anyway, enough with the sob story. Development continues and has moved to Lineage 18.1 and has been taken over by 2 new developers:
Developers: @ScaryMen1325 & @Loptr4

Here are the release notes:

LineageOS
Device: Unified (Miatoll)
Developer: @ScaryMen1325 & @Loptr4
ROM Version: 18.1
Android Version: Android 11
Build date: 22/01/2021

Changelog:
• Fixed power related issues
• Added useful apps (thanks to @Emulond for that)
• Other fixes and performance improvements

Notes:
• It's 2nd test version, if you found bugs, give log.
• Using loki kernel by default, haven't tested custom kernel.

Download here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M5-cRBfrRdBdNYGzy5G9bOa1Ncf5JkE4/view?usp=sharing

Please note this is a unified release, you may have to clean install.

Last edited:

xander2m

May 18, 2019
Hey all,

Apologies for not responding for a bit. I got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer on Jan. 1, so this was not on my priority list.

Anyway, enough with the sob story. Development continues and has moved to Lineage 18.1 and has been taken over by 2 new developers:

LineageOS

Changelog:

Notes:

Download here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M5-cRBfrRdBdNYGzy5G9bOa1Ncf5JkE4/view?usp=sharing

Good things come to those that wait!! Many thanks!

CyrXIII

Jun 22, 2015
Hi I'm running Lineage OS (Lineage-18.0-20201130-UNOFFICIAL-miatoll) on my Redmi Note 9S (curtana_eea), with latest PBRP and Magisk-v21.4 flashed.
Everything works fine except phone calls. My voice is not heard by the caller (noisy, low volume).
Do you think Lineage 18.1 fixes this problem?

Kranzes

Nov 25, 2020
There is an issue with the latest ROM update where if you call someone from the stock phone app or google phone app, and turn on loudspeak the person on the other end that you are calling cannot hear you, with loudspeaker disabled, it works fine. i have tested this and got the same results on two devices already running different kernels. This is a pretty major issue that i think should be worked on and fixed ASAP. :)

ada12

Jul 2, 2017
Hi im dev @Loptr4 (ada12 in xda) and I confirms witch @ScaryMen1325 we work in los .

we finalize test and adjustments for stability before share in stable version and open thread in xda .

*lineage will be shared in selinux enforced(permissive in2nd test version) - kernel is also rebased in caf tag R and cfi security is enabled for next build.

stay stuned for news.

Hey all,

LineageOS

Changelog:

Notes:

Download here:

Reactions: kalehrl

lucasymax

Apr 16, 2019
veracruz
CryXIII

HELLO I have the same as you installed, I only need to install magisk how did you do the root? from recovery you installed magisk.zip or you patched the boot.img with magisk and flash it from fastboot thanks for your help
greetings from Mexico

vin100

Jul 13, 2009
Brussels
@gigahurts I hope the doctors will reboot your immunity ! We all wish you the best
& Could you please update the first post to help neebies & non native english speakers with step 1 , step 2, step 3... It's not clear if the text begining with "There is a way to fix this..." is about if "otherwise you may hose the phone." or if we must do that

gruka

Jun 18, 2013
Will this custom rom ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1 [joyeuse/miatol][22/01/21] work with Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 ,The dual-SIM Android 10 (MIUI 11) the 12nm octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 processor ?

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
Hi @gigahurts:

I am very sorry to hear about your stage 4 cancer diagnosis!

Feel free to PM me if you would like some ideas on how you can potentially maximize possibilities for a good outcome.

Hopefully you will be able to maintain a good attitude during whatever course of treatment you have decided on. Having known a number of cancer treatment patients, this seems to be paramount.

Good luck and God bless!

samot4

May 2, 2011
Am I the only one whos phone,after installing this rom latest version,randomly shuts down and somtetimes freezez and you have to boot into fastboot and from there reboot the phone.

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
Have there been any updates since lineage-18.1-20210113-UNOFFICIAL-miatoll.zip ?

This ROM is good, but unfortunately the MIC is muted during calls regardless of mute button toggle.

Thanks in advance for any updates!

jack1969

Dec 20, 2009
Hey all,

LineageOS

Changelog:

Notes:

Download here:

I wish all the best for you

Reactions: dungphp