[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1 [joyeuse/miatol][22/01/21]

Search This thread

velo27

Feb 25, 2021
awesome thx... now running LineageOS 18.1 on curtana...

had to use orangefox as twrp 3.6... didn't flash it without errors....

Only issue is there is a search box on the home screen that doesn't link to anything and can't be removed... I need it gone.. any advice???? tried the usual, long press does nothing, it's not listed in settings.. idk .....

and to save edited images, you have to select the internal storage, or it tries to save to elsewhere and gives an error... but other than that seems MEAN bro...

I used:
OrangeFox-miatoll-stable@R11.1_2
lineage-18.0-20200918-UNOFFICIAL-miatoll-wight554.zip

velo27

Feb 25, 2021
Oh man, thx... I've been searching all day for the latest release...

linking to the correct files helps loads.......... cheers again, wish I'd just asked in the first place..

Last edited:

emmaokon

Apr 4, 2017
Hello. I know this post doesn't belong here. But please can anyone help upload the lib and lib64 camera files (as a zip) for Curtana (Redmi Note 9s). Please I need it urgently. Thank you so much. 👍

ebi02

Jul 21, 2016
iranshahr
Hi there is a problem with the headset. The headset is switched off when activating the microphone in the PubG mobile game.

wolfsstolz

Jan 20, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Hello, i see that the link from first post are down but i see that here is another link. Question now, can i install this new file on a "Joyeuse" phone ?!
Why many roms dont work for "Joyeuse" but most dont work?! I have write many posts with the question to the mod why not make a section only for "Joyeuse" Phones how it is for the most Xiaomi Phones. At this moment i relay flash Roms for my phone why i have to brick my phone maybe ...

GabrielRN9P

Apr 27, 2022
@gigahurts @Zarkusi

Ola, o link da ROM não está disponível, pode me ajudar? Obrigado

Mod Edit: English Translation Below

Hello, the ROM link is not available, can you help me? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

New unified rom will be released today. We're moving away from individual phone releases. All Lineage 18 roms from this point on will be miatol. Will post 15/12/20 rom later today. Been out a while sorry. Only 1 rom release since the Oct rom anyway. All issues have been resolved and the latest Lineage 18.0 code synced.
    Hey all,

Apologies for not responding for a bit. I got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer on Jan. 1, so this was not on my priority list.

Anyway, enough with the sob story. Development continues and has moved to Lineage 18.1 and has been taken over by 2 new developers:
    Developers: @ScaryMen1325 & @Loptr4

Here are the release notes:

LineageOS
    Device: Unified (Miatoll)
    Developer: @ScaryMen1325 & @Loptr4
    ROM Version: 18.1
    Android Version: Android 11
    Build date: 22/01/2021

Changelog:
    • Fixed power related issues
    • Added useful apps (thanks to @Emulond for that)
    • Other fixes and performance improvements

Notes:
    • It's 2nd test version, if you found bugs, give log.
    • Using loki kernel by default, haven't tested custom kernel.

Download here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M5-cRBfrRdBdNYGzy5G9bOa1Ncf5JkE4/view?usp=sharing

Please note this is a unified release, you may have to clean install.

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

We have progressed to LineageOS 18.1

Flash instructions :

Use latest pbr recovery for miatol, supports decryption - beta available here, https://pitchblackrecovery.com/joyeuse/.

DO NOT - Wipe data!, ONLY FORMAT, otherwise you may hose the phone.

There is a way to fix this without the fastboot factory clean, flash and lock with the official Xiaomi tool, which was forcing you to clean and lock... now available here: https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools
    If you hose the phone, use this tool - you need to install JRE though, as the tool is Java base. Put your phone is fastboot, use the tool to download the latest global rom (or whichever). Then go to where its downloaded, extract the .xy/tar file, then go back into the tool and under "image" select the folder INSIDE the folder you just extracted, then select "clean install" and install it. This will flash the majority of imgs but will error out at the end and be unable to create the "user data" partition.

That's okay, because all of the partitions will be setup again, and you can flash any rom you want again. So when its done, and still in fastboot, fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (recovery.img being the latest joyeuse pbr recovery, you renamed to recovery.img and were in that folder in the command prompt, so it will flash that recovery) or use the tool to select that recovery and it will flash it for you and reboot into for you if you like.

(Do this step last, after Magisk, if you want to unencrypt, no worries if you don't unencrypt - PBR recovery will decrypt your data ON THE SECOND TRY OF ENTERING YOUR SCREENLOCK PIN NUMBER...), the new PBR Miatol Beta 10/14/20, fixes this issue, it is now decrypted on the first entry of the phone's lockscreen PIN. Then flash disable_dm-verity_forceencrypt.zip available here for those who want decrypted data partition: https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe and other places as well.

If you are encrypted and decide to unencrypt later, you will need to flash the disable_dm-verity_forceencrypt.zip in miatol recovery, then format data. Store roms, gapps, recoveries (just in case), disable_dm-verity, magisk install and uninstall and all that stuff on the SD card, so you can use them in PBR after you format DATA (the first step after installing PBR miatol recovery), just FYI. Then do the following:

Flash ROM
    Flash OpenGAPPS for android 11 nano
    Boot into android, make sure its working and install Magisk Manager 8.0.7, then reboot into recovery and install Magisk 21.4 (in recovery, I did not need to extract the boot.img and patch in Magisk Manager, and reboot into recovery to flash the patched boot.img, but your results may be different): https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases. If you want to unencrypt (no guarantees its permanent though) you need to format data, THEN FLASH MAGISK, then flash disable_dm-verity (always the last step)- I usually wipe dalvik and cache too.

USE LATEST MIATOL PBR RECOVERY, PLEASE.

SD card issues resolved with the implementation of the EXFat android driver.

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/Redmi-SM6250 or Stock kernel from Miui

Apologies for the lack of updates, was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic cancer and this project was not on my priority list anymore...

Update 28/1/21:

Release notes:

LineageOS
    Device: Unified (Miatoll)
    Developers: ScaryMen1325 & Loptr4
    ROM Version: 18.1
    Android Version: Android 11
    Build date: 22/01/2021

Changelog:
    • Fixed power related issues
    • Added useful apps (thanks to Dev: Emulond for that)
    • Other fixes and performance improvements

Notes:
    • It's 2nd test version, if you found bugs, give log.
    • Using loki kernel by default, haven't tested custom kernel.

Download here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M5-cRBfrRdBdNYGzy5G9bOa1Ncf5JkE4/view?usp=sharing

Please note this is a unified release, you should do a clean install unless you're coming from a unified ROM alreadyl.

Will keep you more regularly updated now that I'm out of the hospital....
    Hi @gigahurts

I hope your recovery is going well!

I spent the day yesterday investigating my comment:

This ROM is good, but unfortunately the MIC is muted during calls regardless of mute button toggle.

I found the same exact problem in various other roms.

Before clean-flashing those roms I installed the most recent firmware
    ( fw_joyeuse_miui_JOYEUSEEEAGlobal_V12.0.2.0.QJZEUXM_53af718a4c_10.0.zip )

Only the stock ROM and once "aftermarket" ROM [Fluid 1.2 (20210219) ] so far does not have the silent mic problem (so, together with having used a sound recorder app, I know the hardware is still good . . .)

I have tested MANY others and they all have one or both of the two LineageOS 18/18.1 problems (no mic on calls or no ear speaker on non-speakerphone calls). Additionally, most of these will immediately drop calls made with an area code except the first call immediately after reboot.
    • lineage-18.0-20201130-UNOFFICIAL-miatoll.zip -- no EAR speaker on calls
    • lineage-18.1-20210113-UNOFFICIAL-miatoll.zip -- no MIC on calls
    • dotOS-R-v5.0.0-miatoll-OFFICIAL-20210208-1526.zip -- no EAR speaker on calls
    • RevengeOS-4.0-R-OFFICIAL-miatoll-20210120-0248.zip -- no MIC on calls
    • Xtended-XR-v5.0-miatoll-OFFICIAL-20210209.zip -- no EAR speaker on calls
    • Arrow-v11.0-miatoll-OFFICIAL-20210305-VANILLA.zip -- no MIC on calls
    • descendant_miatoll-XI-20210218-Official.zip -- Does not flash
    EDIT (additions) 5:55 pm 2021-02-28
    • CARBON-CR-9.0-Q-WEEKLY-lineage_miatoll-20210209-2312.zipPixelPlusUI_3.2_miatoll-11.0-20210228-0358-OFFICIAL.zip
    • crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210210-miatoll-v7.3.zip -- no EAR speaker on calls
    Note: crDroidAndroid 7.3 is unbelievably good! (in spite of "alpha" status) There are so many configuration options. They are so well organized! And it's still as fast as LOS. The moment the ear-speaker in call issue is addressed, this will no doubt be my daily driver.

EDIT (recategorization) 5:57 pm 2021-03-05
    • I had previously listed Arrow as working - that was from a table with a messy marking, sorry (I rechecked the ROM today to make sure and also confirmed with my posts in another forum . . .)
    EDIT (additional ROM attempt) 11:52 am 2021-03-06
    • SpiceOS-2.2-NEW_ERA-20210101-miatoll-OFFICIAL.zip -- no EAR speaker on calls

I hesitated to install this earlier as it already seems abandoned (no updates since 2021-01-01 even though there have been 3 security patches for AOSP since then). Visually this is the nicest of the above ROMs in my opinion. Elegant default background. Fun bootanimation.

Hurrah! This ROM has working ear speaker and microphone (but only after first switching on speakerphone).

Unfortunately, calls with area code immediately fail after dialing them. This is another consistent problem on A11 miatoll ROMs. Dealbreaker until fixed.
    EDIT (additional ROM attempt; clarification of calls dialed with area code) 6:15 pm 2021-03-06
    • PixelPlusUI_3.2_miatoll-11.0-20210228-0358-OFFICIAL.zip -- no EAR speaker on calls
    END EDIT

I hope this fairly exhaustive test will help the developers of the miatoll LOS 18.x rom get it solved in the next version.

Meanwhile, if any reader already has this problem solved . . . any advice would be appreciated!
    Please stop discussing other ROMs in this thread.