[ROM] UnOfficial AOKP JellyBean Nightlies

Search This thread

Zanzibar

Jan 1, 2010
San Diego
Title: [ROM] UnOfficial AOKP JellyBean Nightlies

These are UNOFFICIAL AOKP JellyBean Nightlies brought to you by Synergy(e) and TeamCodefire. The github for the device repos and local manifest for use with AOKP's JellyBean manifest is HERE . The kernel compiled off git during every nightly is here and the kb-stable branch: HERE . Changelogs are not available, however you may use github (github is always current). The maintainer for this device will not respond to questions on this thread, so please help your fellow android user out :)

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PHONES ON FIRE, BLACK EYES, FINDING YOUR PHONE IN ORIFICES SURPRISINGLY, FRIED PHONES, YOUR CAT DYING, OR YOUR KID DOING A LINE OF BATH SALTS AND EATING YOUR FACE

Thanks and Credits:
  • IOMonster
  • KozmikKick
  • Faux123
  • MDeejay
  • ShowP1984
  • Cayniarb
  • ToastCFH
  • Kali-
  • eXistZ
  • CodeAuroraForum
  • Bhanvidia
  • DeamonFish
  • MrSchapps
  • Kraizk
  • ALL Team Codefire members
  • Google
  • KushDeck
  • Aus_azn
  • BananaCakes
  • Contactwajeeh
  • Rafyvitto
  • dumpsta
  • cruzin_cruzin
  • zacgoesrawr
  • Zanzibar
  • chachin
  • crackajack
  • daspazz
  • RandomBlame
  • jenkem110
  • kevsthabest
  • Virtuous Team
  • Andromadus Team
  • CyanogenMod Team

Like my work? Feel free to buy me a beer for early morning dev HERE

Download Nightlies
Download Gapps

Last edited:

MatriarchRaszagal

Jul 5, 2011
Sundbyberg
I get that there's no changelog, but is there like a list of what doesn't work?
Cause like in JELLYTIME the BT isn't working, and since I have a work phone for calling I basically just use my phone for watching movies and listening to music while going to and from work. And I do this with a BT headset.

Of course I can (and most likely will) flash it when I get home and see for my self, but I figured I'd just ask as well :)

MusikMonk

Aug 6, 2008
Paris
I get that there's no changelog, but is there like a list of what doesn't work?
Cause like in JELLYTIME the BT isn't working, and since I have a work phone for calling I basically just use my phone for watching movies and listening to music while going to and from work. And I do this with a BT headset.

Of course I can (and most likely will) flash it when I get home and see for my self, but I figured I'd just ask as well :)

What works and doesn't is basically the same as the CM10 nightlies.
That means no bluetooth, no video recording and no teethering. Yet.

Also, this is currently stock AOKP. So it's also missing Apollo, and perhaps some other stuff.

(I haven't flashed it yet myself, but the above info are from the IRC channel where Synergy hangs).

MatriarchRaszagal

Jul 5, 2011
Sundbyberg
What works and doesn't is basically the same as the CM10 nightlies.
That means no bluetooth, no video recording and no teethering. Yet.

Also, this is currently stock AOKP. So it's also missing Apollo, and perhaps some other stuff.

(I haven't flashed it yet myself, but the above info are from the IRC channel where Synergy hangs).

Ok. Thanks for your answer. Guess I'll just wait with trying it out until the BT is working then. Cause I don't want to be hooked on something I can't use :silly:

snak3ater

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 31, 2012
Land of Pathans
Tested the rom..
It is really smooth..

Issues are almost same as those in jellytime...

Camera crashed when tried to make a video.
Bluetooth not working..
Wifi working well :good:
Font in messed up in the notification bar.it was all ok.But i guess fonts got messed up after i tried to turn on the bluetooth..
Hope to see bluetooth getting fixed up soon

keep up the good work guys :good:

coloured_chalk

Jul 31, 2012
Volgograd
Flashed right now. A bit unstable : reboot on lockscreen, when using weather (if I uncheck "use weather" checkbox, there are no reboots:))

SO I don't found "screenshot" option, and there is no power menu customization.

And, what I unlike, there aren't "CPU governor" selection box :

(I hate "ondemand" governor).

Also, if user sets freq lower than 1k (i have 800 at jelytime), the smartphone begins to lag :(

It's power menu as is :

And, as You can see, ROM has bad translation for now (It's with Russian language).

And... what is "Swagger" toggle ?) The icon is pink hat ... and switching does nothing :)

I think, that it's too early to flash this rom for everyday use;

UPD > 100% reboot after automatic screen off.

Last edited:

brad808

Oct 23, 2010
It's probably for people that need to turn their swagger on. Me personally, I couldn't turn mine off even if I tried. :cool:

*jokes

Sent from my Desire HD

MusikMonk

Aug 6, 2008
Paris
From the Goo.im site:
Upcoming Maintenance:

This coming week, 8/11-8/12, service will be interrupted due to hardware maintenance/upgrades/restructuring. Full details can be found at: http://tinyw.in/FUWy As always, we're still accepting donations to keep improving the services that we can provide to developers. Any donations past 10$, please feel free to e-mail support@snipanet.com for donator account access!

The nightlies will be back as soon as goo.im is up and running properly.

MusikMonk

Aug 6, 2008
Paris
Just in case someone didn't notice, the nightlies are back up. Same download link (check the OP).

The notable changes for the night are:
- Some kernel changes which benefit IO performance quite a lot
- Auto-brightness
- A bunch of changes from AOKP upstream

For more details check github.

pampaygm

Jan 3, 2011
Brightness in status bar is finally here! Great! :D

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Title: [ROM] UnOfficial AOKP JellyBean Nightlies

These are UNOFFICIAL AOKP JellyBean Nightlies brought to you by Synergy(e) and TeamCodefire. The github for the device repos and local manifest for use with AOKP's JellyBean manifest is HERE . The kernel compiled off git during every nightly is here and the kb-stable branch: HERE . Changelogs are not available, however you may use github (github is always current). The maintainer for this device will not respond to questions on this thread, so please help your fellow android user out :)

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PHONES ON FIRE, BLACK EYES, FINDING YOUR PHONE IN ORIFICES SURPRISINGLY, FRIED PHONES, YOUR CAT DYING, OR YOUR KID DOING A LINE OF BATH SALTS AND EATING YOUR FACE

Thanks and Credits:
    • IOMonster
    • KozmikKick
    • Faux123
    • MDeejay
    • ShowP1984
    • Cayniarb
    • ToastCFH
    • Kali-
    • eXistZ
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • Bhanvidia
    • DeamonFish
    • MrSchapps
    • Kraizk
    • ALL Team Codefire members
    • Google
    • KushDeck
    • Aus_azn
    • BananaCakes
    • Contactwajeeh
    • Rafyvitto
    • dumpsta
    • cruzin_cruzin
    • zacgoesrawr
    • Zanzibar
    • chachin
    • crackajack
    • daspazz
    • RandomBlame
    • jenkem110
    • kevsthabest
    • Virtuous Team
    • Andromadus Team
    • CyanogenMod Team

Like my work? Feel free to buy me a beer for early morning dev HERE

Download Nightlies
    Download Gapps
    Try using a different kernel this has also happened to me a few times I'm gonna flash an older one and see if it solves it.
    You are correct that this is indeed a kernel bug. The general issue came about from using CAF video drivers/rewritten panel. This is a MAJOR step forward however (gave us things such fixed youtubeHD playback, true hardware triple buffering, and true hardware vsync. I'm actively trying to fix this kernel issue in my kernel as well as bluetooth (partially fixed now in WIP branches), and the camcorder issue that only affects the 3.0 kernel (I believe qcom hardware cam needs to be updated for the new htc kernel structs and will play more with it tonight).

Using an older kernel with the old video drivers/panel is not recommended as the ROM has board flag and header changes for the newer drivers to fully benefit from them (same thing goes for other JB roms using my kernel and proper headers/boardconfig).

Regarding no nightly yesterday, I had broken builds (for CM and AOKP), so the build server failed each build and thus didn't upload. New nightly is up, however occasionally this may happen if I, or upstream breaks build and I haven't built at all prior to the automated nightly.
    test kernel for the spacemonkeys out there

Here's very much so a TEST kernel. You must wipe Dalvik Cache after flash for the govs to work properly (and some may not still). It's fully up to date with THIS kb-wip kernel branch on github.
    The default OnDemand governor now has a lcd off minimum and maximum sleep state frequency, and fixed InteractiveX. Also added and configured the following governors for Ace:
    • aggressive
    • intel's gallimaufry
    • lagfree
    • interactiveX
    • lazy
    • wheatley
    • smartassV2
    Overall squashed ~50 cpufreq/cpuidle commits together, and may have broken a bit also. Please respond with any issues you may face. I will be keeping OnDemand as default, especially with the new min/max sleep state additions, and more linux kernel 3.6 changes.

Also enabled proper MSM7KV2 Audio thanks to the awesome work by Juansheng of the Andromadus team :D

The new test kernel is HERE

IF the responses are good for this kernel, I'll be merging the wip branch in with the stable branch so all these changes will be present in the new nightlies.
    Same here, no issue the whole day. But when I change govenour it occasionally happens that rom control force close.

BTW, welcome to the forum synergydev and thanks for your work :)

Figured I'd put my past issues with XDA aside and create an account on here since this device seems to be mostly central on XDA :). I think that's an issue with ROMControl actually. Xoom Dev is working on a new performance fragment however to fit hdpi devices since at stock 240dpi the set on boot option is out if view.

I've merged wip branch with stable so these changes will go into the nightlies. Also should mention I've narrowed the panel issues down to two files :)