[ROM] UNOFFICIAL AOKP nightly builds

Search This thread

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
UNOFFICIAL AOKP Nightly Builds

Since AOKP development has started picking up with their addition of their new Gerrit server, I've decided to release nightly builds for AOKP. These should be released every day anywhere from 6-9pm depending on when I get time to do it. Also, some days I might not get the time. However, it should be almost every day that a new build comes out.

All credits go toward the entire AOKP team for their efforts in making one of the most customizable builds out there right now. It is absolutely fantastic.

You can download it by sorting by date uploaded right here on my goo.im profile:
http://goo.im/devs/rohan/tenderloin/aokp_nightlies

Note: These downloads are provided untested. This might break your system so be sure to keep a backup handy. Nightly builds are usually more unstable than any other type of ROM, but if you want the latest features then use this. I do not take responsibility for anything that may happen to your system.

Another note: These downloads do not come with any sort of support. Do not ask for help in IRC for aokp if you are running these nightlies. They are not official and thus are not officially supported. So don't go and give roman and the other devs a headache :)

And another note: They don't come with gapps, download those separately from goo.im or some other source.

You should just be able to download and install the zip in CWM, then wipe caches. Reboot and enjoy. No other wiping is needed, only caches.

Right now I am building on my personal PC (I don't have a server) so I apologize if it takes a while to get builds up! My system isn't the fastest at making builds haha :)

I will be making these ROMs updateable via the goo.im app probably this weekend, I don't have much time right now to figure out how it works.

If you want to find out when I release the new nightly, follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/rohanXm

Last edited:

bit1

Jul 28, 2008
AOKP is pretty awesome. I run it on my Epic 4G and I agree it's more customizeable than CM9 and pretty solid in terms of reliability . Thanks for these Touchpad Nightlies Rohan! Installing it as we speak!

bit1

Jul 28, 2008
Anybody else get a System UI has closed error. Weird, hopefully it was a one time thing. Flashing the 4/20 now. Hopefully that fixes it, I did a full wipe and will wipe again

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using XDA

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
SUPREME Mods v1.5

Do I need to apply the SUPREME Mods v1.5 after flashing your rom or are they already applied also are you using your XENON kernel

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Do I need to apply the SUPREME Mods v1.5 after flashing your rom or are they already applied also are you using your XENON kernel

Yup you need to reflash the Package and nope its the default Cyanogenmod Kernel.
This build is 100% AOKP "stock", as in its simply compiled from source with no changes.

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Yup you need to reflash the Package and nope its the default Cyanogenmod Kernel.
This build is 100% AOKP "stock", as in its simply compiled from source with no changes.

The Supreme mods work fine but the xenon kernel broke my wifi (not had any wifi issues on any build) so back to cyanogen kernel and everything is working

matteebee

Apr 9, 2011
Seattle
The latest nightly (5/07) fixed my screen off/sound bug. All previous builds of AOKP had a muffled or distorted sound bug that appeared once I dimmed the screen while playing music. Bravo! I believe the fix came from the Classicnerd team, who once again prove they are contributing in remarkable ways. Bravo to them as well!

Last edited:

doraemon6688

Feb 25, 2011
Los Angeles
The latest nightly (5/07) fixed my screen off/sound bug. All previous builds of AOKP had a muffled or distorted sound bug that appeared once I dimmed the screen while playing music. Bravo! I believe the fix came from the Classicnerd team, who once again prove they are contributing in remarkable ways. Bravo to them as well!

I tried both the 05/07 and 05/08 AOKP nightlies and the screen off/sound bug is still there just like any other ROM I have tried. Are you sure that you have the volume turned up enough?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNOFFICIAL AOKP Nightly Builds

Since AOKP development has started picking up with their addition of their new Gerrit server, I've decided to release nightly builds for AOKP. These should be released every day anywhere from 6-9pm depending on when I get time to do it. Also, some days I might not get the time. However, it should be almost every day that a new build comes out.

All credits go toward the entire AOKP team for their efforts in making one of the most customizable builds out there right now. It is absolutely fantastic.

You can download it by sorting by date uploaded right here on my goo.im profile:
    http://goo.im/devs/rohan/tenderloin/aokp_nightlies

Note: These downloads are provided untested. This might break your system so be sure to keep a backup handy. Nightly builds are usually more unstable than any other type of ROM, but if you want the latest features then use this. I do not take responsibility for anything that may happen to your system.

Another note: These downloads do not come with any sort of support. Do not ask for help in IRC for aokp if you are running these nightlies. They are not official and thus are not officially supported. So don't go and give roman and the other devs a headache :)

And another note: They don't come with gapps, download those separately from goo.im or some other source.

You should just be able to download and install the zip in CWM, then wipe caches. Reboot and enjoy. No other wiping is needed, only caches.

Right now I am building on my personal PC (I don't have a server) so I apologize if it takes a while to get builds up! My system isn't the fastest at making builds haha :)

I will be making these ROMs updateable via the goo.im app probably this weekend, I don't have much time right now to figure out how it works.

If you want to find out when I release the new nightly, follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/rohanXm
    Sorry folks for not updating you guys!

So basically, the last 10 days or so all builds for AOKP Tablets were broken (all were bootlooping) and they were trying to find a fix. I didn't want to upload any zips because I didn't want people using them.

I built last night though and it works without issues so I am uploading now.

Sorry again! :)

Sorry guys I've been super busy with school the past few days. I will try to get a new build up this Friday night. I meant to get one up yesterday but I came back later than expected.