• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[ROM][Unofficial][AOSP] Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Galaxy Tab 8.9

L3R0N

Jul 13, 2014
Roseau
:
OMGGGGGGGGGGG :D :D :D After months of trying CM to boot, we have the KING Nougat :p How lovely
Please do share your setup for smooth performance and you can also share your status bar expansion hack with the developer to make the status bar pull down more functional :)

@decatf you are a genius sir :)

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

tried flashing the ROM with the latest open gapps 7.0 6th Oct and the google play services keeps FCing on the setup itself. Cannot go ahead with the setup :/
maybe the new play services 9.8.75 is to blame
I don't use this device that often so I haven't tried the status bar pull down tweak yet. For performance I really don't have any tweaks enabled or added. Will see what can be done performance wise. I don't use GApps on this so performance is pretty good.

swaaye

Mar 16, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: [email protected]

julen163

Feb 28, 2008
Such a nice news for our oldy!!!!

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Thanks a lot for your great work... I'm only can give you thanks and more... For keeping it live and updated...
My comment below, I can't overcome cpu with kernel auditor.... Max freq is only 1ghz.
Please may you review it and provide us with 1.6 oc as detailed on your op ?
That will be great!!!!
Thanks in advance

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

L3R0N

Jul 13, 2014
Roseau
There's no overclocking enable because this tablet possibly has different revision of the Tegra 2 chip. It needs to be implemented properly.
Also anything above 1.4ghz on this tablet is unstable. It does go up to 1.6 but it's very unstable so 1.4ghz is the max that should be allowed to avoid folks coming back here when their device won't boot or is constantly rebooting. Anything we can do to help with implementing over clocking?

decatf

Dec 27, 2011
Also anything above 1.4ghz on this tablet is unstable. It does go up to 1.6 but it's very unstable so 1.4ghz is the max that should be allowed to avoid folks coming back here when their device won't boot or is constantly rebooting. Anything we can do to help with implementing over clocking?
I can work it out from the logs you posted.

HannibalLecter

May 12, 2016
I can work it out from the logs you posted.
Plans to update the ROM?
With the newer gapps packages, the ROM basically does not work. Play store does not open. Even before that, cannot even set it up because google play services keeps FCing.
I am forced to go back to 5.1.1 ROM. Request you to please update :) thanks

HannibalLecter

May 12, 2016
I also flashed GApps yesterday with a clean install and all is fine. Went through setup without issue.
Which gapps did you flash?
I flashed the 18 oct pico 7.0 opengapps and google play services FC did not let me finish the setup. I tried flashing the ROM alone, booted into and and went back to flash gapps. Even then play store didn't work.
Also, tried this earlier with pico open gapps from 5 oct build. It didn't work.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

@HannibalLecter
Which Version of Opengapps you are Tried ?
I am used the Version from 30.09 Pico and all works fine.
I used the latest gapps as I mentioned. that means the 18 Oct Pico open gapps 7.0 of course.
I also tried earlier when the latest services 9.8.77 released around a week back Oct 11. That also didn't work.
I just wish the ROM is updated so that the latest open gapps work.
I will try with the 30 sep build thats working for you later this evening.
meanwhile if you can try with the latest open gapps to see if my issue happens to you too.
I made clean flash with no MOD. Simply ROM and gapps (tried both with and without the supersu version mentioned in the thread)

L3R0N

Jul 13, 2014
Roseau
Which gapps did you flash?
I flashed the 18 oct pico 7.0 opengapps and google play services FC did not let me finish the setup. I tried flashing the ROM alone, booted into and and went back to flash gapps. Even then play store didn't work.
Also, tried this earlier with pico open gapps from 5 oct build. It didn't work.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

I used the latest gapps as I mentioned. that means the 18 Oct Pico open gapps 7.0 of course.
I also tried earlier when the latest services 9.8.77 released around a week back Oct 11. That also didn't work.
I just wish the ROM is updated so that the latest open gapps work.
I will try with the 30 sep build thats working for you later this evening.
meanwhile if you can try with the latest open gapps to see if my issue happens to you too.
I made clean flash with no MOD. Simply ROM and gapps (tried both with and without the supersu version mentioned in the thread)
Use this GApps. It works fine for me and others as well.

AkSounder

Oct 26, 2016
First of all, thank you! It's great that your work keeps our cool little tablet alive and useful.
Just wanted to mention a couple issues I've notice so far. As one user has mentioned already, any online video play doesn't work (YouTube, ESPN and fox sports apps, etc). Since this is what I primarily will use my tab for, is there a fix or do you all recommend I use a different ROM? Also, I do not see what I'm typing in the browser until I scroll the window. Haven't noticed it in any other areas yet, just the browser. I'll try Firefox and see if it's the same.
Thanks!

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone