[ROM][Unofficial][AOSP9r46/Pie & AOSP10r41][X/X Dualsim/X Compact]2020-11-01 builds

Search This thread

chrisooo

Mar 18, 2021
This doesn't seem normal. How long was it on standby? Did you perform a clean flash? I would format data if you didn't the first time.I usually lose about 5%-7% battery overnight.
Thanks for your reply. It's on standby for about 8-10 hours. I did. I'll try format data after flash, hope it will improve. What about battery drain douring usage?

armorgeddon

Nov 23, 2008
@betacrypt Thank you! Do I need a specific version of the Magisk zip? I know from other people with other devices that it can end in a bootloop when flashing the wrong version at least with some devices/ROMs.

chrisooo

Mar 18, 2021
Noticing location issues on my f5121 (AOSP9). Very poor accuracity, without WiFi or mobile data turned on not working at all.
Anyone has same problems? How can i solve it?

PlsHelpXDA

Sep 21, 2020
Hello @knecht, it`s possible to update your Android 10 rom, it´s also possible your compile a lineage 17.1 / lineage 18.1 rom? The project treble rom`s (gsi) have too manny errors... (for Xperia X Compact F5321)

Thanks!

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
I'd donate for a LineageOS ROM with a 4.x kernel. AOSP lacks too many useful features LineageOS has but the non-treble LineageOS ROM available for these Xperia devices lack Camera2 API Level 3 neeed for Gcam.

I'd second this for the F5321. AOSP10 is great for GCam but lacks features/stability. Lineage with the 3.x kernel is smooth and stable but no Camera2 API. It's lose-lose 😅

betacrypt

Jan 17, 2018
Only problem I am having now is with the camera. It has focus issues. Every shot comes out blurry. Even if the image is focused fine from the AF, it checks and changes focus right before recording the picture and saves an out of focus image. Touching the screen for manual focus also causes the image to blur.

Do you think this is related to unlocking the bootloader? I had read that Android 9 no longer broke the camera system. Or does it sound like a hardware issue?

Wanted to circle back to this exact camera issue after not finding any answers.

One of my F5321's has had this problem since day one out of the box brand new and I couldn't fix it no matter what. I tried everything - different camera apps, different roms, kernels, tweaks etc. and eventually after nothing worked, I gave up.

Recently I bought a second F5321 brand new and the camera is completely fine. No focus issues at all even though it has the exact same setup as my first F5321. I can only surmise that it's a quality control issue with this device and if focus issue persists it's due to faulty camera hardware/connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: armorgeddon

GOrMHATRe

May 10, 2017
Does gps work on this Rom without phone data ? I have installed the Rom, enabled gps, wifi scanning and Google location service. But still gps does not work. Apps cannot find my location .

Now I do not use my Sim with this phone. It is a backup phone so I cannot enable data on this phone. I have not signed into gmail account as well on this phone since I am trying a degoogled phone. Are any of these 2 reasons that gps does not work on my phone?

Last edited:

GOrMHATRe

May 10, 2017
Can anyone help me with the GPS ? I really need it to work. DO I need to activate the phone with a google account for gps to work ? I have enabled everything else. But GPS is not working it. I really need it to work.

Spaceoid

Mar 29, 2013
Dortmund
Can anyone help me with the GPS ? I really need it to work. DO I need to activate the phone with a google account for gps to work ? I have enabled everything else. But GPS is not working it. I really need it to work.
I had problems with GPS as well. Was very unreliable and slow, if I remember correctly. I think it is a known kernel issue and nothing can be done here on your side, as long as there are no new updates to the ROM...

armorgeddon

Nov 23, 2008

@GOrMHATRe I can't help apart from that you could install the app "GPSTest" and see what that tells you.​

I have GPS on my Xperia X F5121 working btw though I'm using the LineageOS ROM, which has other issues instead.

Gabryxx

Sep 30, 2021
I really appreciate the effort of the developers, but honestly it is better official Android 8 on this phone (34.4.A.2.118). There are random reboots (when using Wifi), excessive battery consumption (on the official rom you can activate Stamina), Hardware radio is not there, but more than anything else USB OTG does not work(with external camera)

kmambu

Feb 1, 2020
I really appreciate the effort of the developers, but honestly it is better official Android 8 on this phone (34.4.A.2.118). There are random reboots (when using Wifi), excessive battery consumption (on the official rom you can activate Stamina), Hardware radio is not there, but more than anything else USB OTG does not work(with external camera)
If you want a stable ROM to use daily, you should fall back on the versions of LineageOS @Chippa_a developped or any ROM based on a Linux version anterior to 4.9.23. Unfortunately, this kernel is not stable enough for this device and the most compulsive issue encountered by users is random reboots. Unless a kernel developer is willing to put his hands under the hood, Android 10 and higher will be complicated :-/ One could base his work off Chippa_a's vendor blobs, but he is not that much active, as of late

armorgeddon

Nov 23, 2008
Unfortunately Chippa_a's LOS ROM also has issues, so when you switch from AOSP to LOS or vice versa you just exchange certain issues for others. AOSP letting you run Gcam though is a big plus if you're into taking photos.

Reactions: Spaceoid and kmambu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][Unofficial][AOSP9r46/Pie & AOSP10r41][X/X Dualsim/X Compact]2020-11-01 builds

Downloads : see the AOSP9 release post (no gapps) and AOSP10 release post (gapps & non-gapps builds)

Required
    Install
    1. Backup whatever you can't afford to loose ! Also search for "TA partition backup" if you never heard of it...
    2. Have unlocked device
    3. Have fastboot command installed
    4. Download and extract the ZIP file related to your device
    5. Download and extract the OEM ZIP file
    6. Phone powered-off, keep Volume-Up key pressed while plugging it to computer with USB cable
    7. Run the following fastboot commands, adjusting path to .img files as needed
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • fastboot flash system system.img
    • fastboot flash cache cache.img
    • fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    • fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (optional, skip if you want to keep twrp)
    • fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v9_loire.img
    • Unplug the USB cable, wait for ~30 seconds then power on the device
    Build characteristics
    • AOSP9 : PQ3A.190801.002, 2019-08-01 security patch
    • AOSP10 : QQ3A.200805.001, 2020-08-05 security patch
    • Kernel 4.9.230
    Credits: the fine folks contributing to Sony Open Devices Project

These roms are provided in case they're useful, no promises, no guarantees...
    Only f5121 and f5321 builds were basic-tested (call, sms, data, wifi, camera, bt, fingerprint),
    no battery drain, over-heating nor intempestive reboot seen after a few hours mostly idle.
    GApps, GStore, GCam and Magisk reported to work when proceeding with care (see this post)
    Updated boot.img with some brcmfmac fixes

Following @Lihxor reports and wifi disconnections I've seen after sleeping/suspend on SailfishOS, I'm currently looking at updating the brcmfmac driver...

So here are new boot.img with a few brcmfmac fixes from mainline kernel.
    There are more available but I'm not sure how to properly update backports tree (using git am for now)...
    boot.img for suzu md5sum: 6e7d3d278f1273ca2a1d078de365c76e
    boot.img for kugo md5sum: 37f49b9d7deefff389b0b45733057e56
    boot.img for blanc md5sum: a5c25ba44bde29ba507e0350d7198d89
    20200422 build: 4.9.219 kernel update

New builds with 4.9.219 kernel, brcmfmac and rq_clock proposed updates.
    Downloads:

Edit : new boot.img with 4.9.230 kernel should be flashed instead of the one in full ROM archive, should fix some of the intempestive reboots (CPU frequency fix).
    Only quickly tested on Kugo. Have the old boot.img at hand in case of problem.
    Updated boot.img with more fixes

Kernel built from this branch with more fixes from past weeks. Hopefuly behaves even better :fingers-crossed:
    Only quickly test-booted on kugo...
    Here's an alternative boot.img for suzu/f5121 with a few crashfixes backported from LA.UM.7.1.r1 / k4.14 (github branch).
    md5sum: 0f04551611d5b3dde3b8eb0fb829afda

Only quickly tested !
    At first, device tended to reboot to recovery, but eventually booted correctly after hard shutdown (power+volume up until 3 vibrations).
    Not sure if it's to be expected after only "fastboot flash boot", or if a full rebuild or flashing should be necessary...