[ROM][Unofficial][AOSP9r46/Pie & AOSP10r41][X/X Dualsim/X Compact]2020-11-01 builds

Search This thread

vknecht

Feb 23, 2018
Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3
Honor 5X
[ROM][Unofficial][AOSP9r46/Pie & AOSP10r41][X/X Dualsim/X Compact]2020-11-01 builds

Downloads : see the AOSP9 release post (no gapps) and AOSP10 release post (gapps & non-gapps builds)

Required
Install
  1. Backup whatever you can't afford to loose ! Also search for "TA partition backup" if you never heard of it...
  2. Have unlocked device
  3. Have fastboot command installed
  4. Download and extract the ZIP file related to your device
  5. Download and extract the OEM ZIP file
  6. Phone powered-off, keep Volume-Up key pressed while plugging it to computer with USB cable
  7. Run the following fastboot commands, adjusting path to .img files as needed
  • fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • fastboot flash system system.img
  • fastboot flash cache cache.img
  • fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
  • fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (optional, skip if you want to keep twrp)
  • fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v9_loire.img
  • Unplug the USB cable, wait for ~30 seconds then power on the device
Build characteristics
  • AOSP9 : PQ3A.190801.002, 2019-08-01 security patch
  • AOSP10 : QQ3A.200805.001, 2020-08-05 security patch
  • Kernel 4.9.230
Credits: the fine folks contributing to Sony Open Devices Project

These roms are provided in case they're useful, no promises, no guarantees...
Only f5121 and f5321 builds were basic-tested (call, sms, data, wifi, camera, bt, fingerprint),
no battery drain, over-heating nor intempestive reboot seen after a few hours mostly idle.
GApps, GStore, GCam and Magisk reported to work when proceeding with care (see this post)

Last edited:

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018
i testing it right now and post a little "review" soon

for now i can only say it boot with gapps and magisk flashed

edit: when it booting on there were only a few minor errors in adb logcat so i think it will be a quiet stable rom
Thanks appreciate it...if there no random reboot issues,it would be nice

Adi_OP

Aug 18, 2018
Warka
Flashed it on my f5121 and it's best rom for suzu right now.
No bugs at all, baterry life and prformance is great.
No random reboots (at least no reboot happened to me).
GApps/GStore working. Magisk too. Im not able to test NFC, 5GHz wifi and cast so idk if it works.

Unfortunately I'm back to nougat PA rom because
drivedroid app not working on this rom (it not working on any rom even on stock only on PA lol)
but if you not using it, this rom probably will be your daily rom.

Reactions: vknecht

Lihxor

Jul 21, 2014
Taranto
I'm will flash this ROM soon and i'm gonna write a post about it after a "week experience". I'm still gonna write any "strange behaviours" during usage, if necessary. I hope for the best :D

Reactions: SoNyek

Davidemondo

Oct 27, 2019
installation help

HELP

Hello to all ..
I have already installed other roms ...
I do not have the skills to install this rom

I tried with the adb commands .. but it doesn't install ... you can explain how to install this rom .. thanks

Last edited:

twain55

Jan 21, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia C
Flashed it on my f5121 and it's best rom for suzu right now.
No bugs at all, baterry life and prformance is great.
No random reboots (at least no reboot happened to me).
GApps/GStore working. Magisk too. Im not able to test NFC, 5GHz wifi and cast so idk if it works.

Unfortunately I'm back to nougat PA rom because
drivedroid app not working on this rom (it not working on any rom even on stock only on PA lol)
but if you not using it, this rom probably will be your daily rom.

Did you check it Gcam works?

Lihxor

Jul 21, 2014
Taranto
I can tell you guys that 5GHz wifi works IMG_20191119_150442.jpg

Sent from my Xperia X (AOSP) using Tapatalk

Reactions: SoNyek and vknecht

Lihxor

Jul 21, 2014
Taranto
What about for random reboot problem bro. Do you have it? :confused:
I'm gonna be able to answer correctly to this question after some days of usage. BTW, since i flashed i only got an unexpected reboot after flashing Magisk (so it's not that unexpected) and i had to reboot once because i've got some problems with wifi but this is a bug that i found on other pie ROMs too. I'll let you know in the following days if this issue is too annoying

Reactions: yns_rdm

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018
This aosp build is pretty fast...but one and only,I just got reboot issues while try to use recent app switcher (gesture)

Last edited:

yns_rdm

Jul 21, 2017
Sony Xperia X
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I'm gonna be able to answer correctly to this question after some days of usage. BTW, since i flashed i only got an unexpected reboot after flashing Magisk (so it's not that unexpected) and i had to reboot once because i've got some problems with wifi but this is a bug that i found on other pie ROMs too. I'll let you know in the following days if this issue is too annoying

Thanks Lihxor for your reply. I will wait for your usage experience for following days.

Reactions: Lihxor

Lihxor

Jul 21, 2014
Taranto
This aosp build is pretty fast...but one and only,I just got reboot issues while try to use recent app switcher (gesture)
Maybe with a clean flash all our little issues would vanish. Anyway, compared to a 2.9 Havoc GSI that i was using before flashing this AOSP i can say that (for now) this ROM looks smoother and more stable. I'm also trying to increase battery life by tweaking stuff with kernel adiutor

Reactions: SoNyek

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018
Maybe with a clean flash all our little issues would vanish. Anyway, compared to a 2.9 Havoc GSI that i was using before flashing this AOSP i can say that (for now) this ROM looks smoother and more stable. I'm also trying to increase battery life by tweaking stuff with kernel adiutor
Yeah I do clean flash..but its okay,I don't blame anyone because aosp have this issues since oreo,what wrong with aosp on sony phone btw :laugh: ...what should we do :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lihxor

vknecht

Feb 23, 2018
Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3
Honor 5X
Yeah I do clean flash..but its okay,I don't blame anyone because aosp have this issues since oreo,what wrong with aosp on sony phone btw :laugh: ...what should we do :rolleyes:
Could you get logcat/dmesg/ramoops logs from the crash ? And describe how to reproduce if possible ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Downloads : see the AOSP9 release post (no gapps) and AOSP10 release post (gapps & non-gapps builds)

Required
    Install
    1. Backup whatever you can't afford to loose ! Also search for "TA partition backup" if you never heard of it...
    2. Have unlocked device
    3. Have fastboot command installed
    4. Download and extract the ZIP file related to your device
    5. Download and extract the OEM ZIP file
    6. Phone powered-off, keep Volume-Up key pressed while plugging it to computer with USB cable
    7. Run the following fastboot commands, adjusting path to .img files as needed
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • fastboot flash system system.img
    • fastboot flash cache cache.img
    • fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    • fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (optional, skip if you want to keep twrp)
    • fastboot flash oem SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v9_loire.img
    • Unplug the USB cable, wait for ~30 seconds then power on the device
    Build characteristics
    • AOSP9 : PQ3A.190801.002, 2019-08-01 security patch
    • AOSP10 : QQ3A.200805.001, 2020-08-05 security patch
    • Kernel 4.9.230
    Credits: the fine folks contributing to Sony Open Devices Project

These roms are provided in case they're useful, no promises, no guarantees...
    Only f5121 and f5321 builds were basic-tested (call, sms, data, wifi, camera, bt, fingerprint),
    no battery drain, over-heating nor intempestive reboot seen after a few hours mostly idle.
    GApps, GStore, GCam and Magisk reported to work when proceeding with care (see this post)
    Updated boot.img with some brcmfmac fixes

Following @Lihxor reports and wifi disconnections I've seen after sleeping/suspend on SailfishOS, I'm currently looking at updating the brcmfmac driver...

So here are new boot.img with a few brcmfmac fixes from mainline kernel.
    There are more available but I'm not sure how to properly update backports tree (using git am for now)...
    boot.img for suzu md5sum: 6e7d3d278f1273ca2a1d078de365c76e
    boot.img for kugo md5sum: 37f49b9d7deefff389b0b45733057e56
    boot.img for blanc md5sum: a5c25ba44bde29ba507e0350d7198d89
    20200422 build: 4.9.219 kernel update

New builds with 4.9.219 kernel, brcmfmac and rq_clock proposed updates.
    Downloads:

Edit : new boot.img with 4.9.230 kernel should be flashed instead of the one in full ROM archive, should fix some of the intempestive reboots (CPU frequency fix).
    Only quickly tested on Kugo. Have the old boot.img at hand in case of problem.
    Updated boot.img with more fixes

Kernel built from this branch with more fixes from past weeks. Hopefuly behaves even better :fingers-crossed:
    Only quickly test-booted on kugo...
    Here's an alternative boot.img for suzu/f5121 with a few crashfixes backported from LA.UM.7.1.r1 / k4.14 (github branch).
    md5sum: 0f04551611d5b3dde3b8eb0fb829afda

Only quickly tested !
    At first, device tended to reboot to recovery, but eventually booted correctly after hard shutdown (power+volume up until 3 vibrations).
    Not sure if it's to be expected after only "fastboot flash boot", or if a full rebuild or flashing should be necessary...