[UNMAINTAINED][ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Arrow OS 11.0 pop kernel, Smoothest UI [FINAL:09-05-2021]

Search This thread
I installed the last version 2021 04 06, used the ROM daily and tested out everything I could think of, it works flawlessly. For those which use the ROM with root and want banking apps, I wrote the steps I found working with no problems whatsoever. Before I found the correct order, I had some problems with banking apps randomly failing and magisk reporting fail to pass the safetynet test, and fixing it without a full reinstall made the problem reappear.

Again, thank you @javiwz for making this awesome ROM.

Here are the steps which I took:

1. install 47.2.A.10.107 fw , fully boot
2. install sony drivers
3. fastboot install recovery twrp.img
4. boot recovery
Format data and factory wipe(swipe the slider in 'wipe')
Flash ROM
Flash any addons (GApps, Magisk...)
Reboot
5. Update Magisk
reboot
Hide magisk app
reboot
Install Magisk module MagiskHide Props Config
reboot
Install Tremux
open Tremux
$ su
# props
1 Edit device fingerprint
f pick a certified fingerprint
27 Sony
14 XZ Premium G8141 / 15 XZ Premium G8142
reboot
install magisk module safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
reboot
Magisk is now ready and banking apps are working
Remember to manually magisk hide any apps that are allergic to root
You can install sony device dummy and sony music player module if you like sony apps
Magisk Safety was ok for me till the last ROM version. This one, however, is failing both checks and I even I re-flashed and followed you guide to the letter, I'm not passing either check. Any pointers?

skipme

Nov 11, 2010
Magisk Safety was ok for me till the last ROM version. This one, however, is failing both checks and I even I re-flashed and followed you guide to the letter, I'm not passing either check. Any pointers?
follow these steps; remember they may not work if it is not a fresh install

Flash magisk provided in original from recovery
Reboot
Update Magisk
reboot
Hide magisk app
reboot
Install Magisk module MagiskHide Props Config
reboot
Install Tremux
open Tremux
$ su
# props
1 Edit device fingerprint
f pick a certified fingerprint
27 Sony
14 XZ Premium G8141 / 15 XZ Premium G8142
reboot
install magisk module safetynet-fix-v1.1.1.zip https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases
reboot
Magisk is now ready and banking apps are working
Remember to manually magisk hide any apps that are allergic to root

javiwz

Thanks! I actually went ahead with flashing before your reply and it is indeed working really well.

However the idle battery drain seems a tad bit high? Or is it just for me?
Hey buddy you can try this vanilla buildwith popkernel from linckandrea it's more power efficient( the build you're using is with whatawurst kernel), you should flash NikGApps for a dirty flash from GAPPS build, the link of Nikgapps is given In the post download section

Reactions: lynxlok94

lynxlok94

May 21, 2013
Hey buddy you can try this vanilla buildwith popkernel from linckandrea it's more power efficient( the build you're using is with whatawurst kernel), you should flash NikGApps for a dirty flash from GAPPS build, the link of Nikgapps is given In the post download section
Thanks for the advice and also for making this ROM possible on XZ Premium! Will try it out

Edit: noticed that it's for G8141 tho, I'm using a G8142 😅

For some reason, the Magisk posted in post #3 is not getting installed by TWRP as it says zip file not valid. I downloaded the same version from GitHub and it works on PC and 7z and WinRAR validates the file but once in TWRP, I cannot install it. I can install the latest version but that messed up SafetyNet last time. I want to follow the step mentioned a few posts above.

skipme

Nov 11, 2010
I have some issues with notification badges:

Messages apps shows count
Whatsapp shows count (now, used to only shot dot)
Any other app only shows dot

Does anyone else have/had this issue?

NFec__

Oct 1, 2017
I hope this is not a dumb question...
I do have a G8141 and I installed the latest version of this ROM as a fresh installation starting with the latest version of the original FW (config in it done to ensure that Vo4G calling/ call over 4G is enabled).

Still, I have the following issues:
  • After boot when my preferred network is set to 4G my phone does not connect to the cellular network. The workaround to switch the 3G wait until the phone is connected to the network and then switch to 4G works.
  • Calls over 4G is grayed out
Does someone of you know why this is happening or perhaps has an idea how to get this fixed without whipping the device again?

In case I need to whipe the device completely I will wait until thenext release is out.

In regards other aspects: brilliant ROM. For me everything works very well. I am missing a little bit the Sony camera (920fps mode etc.), but I have not played around with the camera SW this ROM came with so far. THANKS A LOT FOR THIS ROM!!

Reactions: Fabian_9297

Rastabude

Feb 3, 2016
Can I install the newest April rom, without google gapps for my g1841 ? I don't like gapps and like to try microg and signature spoofing instead of it. Tried lineageos before, but I cannot get the signature spooffing working. with your rom it should work:) thank you if you can post a vanilla version without the gapps. Or is there a way to unflash/unistall gapps from the rom after installing?

Reactions: huux

pela2020

Jun 13, 2020
Good day! I have installed the version of ARROW OS11.0 MAPLE 20210406 in my SONY XZ PREMIUM and I cannot connect the cell phone to my SONY ANDROID TV, I never had this problem, when I try to do it first it does not find the TV, after a long time it finds it but When I try to connect it I get an error and the cell phone screen closes, will this have a solution in the future?

Last edited:

Slimshayan

Mar 16, 2021
I have a question! I have an older version (I think 2 motga old or more) if i install the update and gapps, will my data and files and logins get cleared? Sorry I'm a newbie

Just installed canary build of magisk.
It shows safetynet tests passed, but my bank apps still not allow me to start it.

edit: solved. my banks use some detection method other than safetynet.
Screenshot_20210503-213958.png
Screenshot_20210503-212320.png

Last edited:

-Halis-

Feb 22, 2021
I do have a G8141 and I installed the latest version of this ROM as a fresh installation starting with the latest version of the original FW (config in it done to ensure that Vo4G calling/ call over 4G is enabled).

• After boot when my preferred network is set to 4G my phone does not connect to the cellular network. The workaround to switch the 3G wait until the phone is connected to the network and then switch to 4G works.
Does someone of you know why this is happening or perhaps has an idea how to get this fixed without whipping the device again?

In case I need to whipe the device completely I will wait until thenext release is out.

In regards other aspects: brilliant ROM. For me everything works very well. I am missing a little bit the Sony camera (920fps mode etc.), but I have not played around with the camera SW this ROM came with so far. THANKS A LOT FOR THIS ROM!!
Flashing Stock solved this issue for me for lineageOS. Edit: in the settings in "Xperia Parts" is an option for that prolem

By the way, I saw, that there are many other builds, which are not posted here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/javiwzbuilds/files/

Last edited:

I also have the same problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS​
    My maple is dead, the thread will be unmaintained, thank you so much for the support.
    ABOUT
    ArrowOS is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links | TG group

FEATURES
    • Big thanks to linckandrea's pop kernel for maple, Power efficient, Smoothest UI
    • Signed with dev keys
    • Up-to-date kernel
    • WireGuard kernel support
    • FDE (Full Disk Encryption) support

WHAT WORKS?
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • WiFi
    • Audio
    • GPS
    • Camera
    • Flashlight
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint
    • Vibration
    • Bluetooth
    Any other thing that is not listed in the "What doesn't work" list
    WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • WFD is not working
    • Stock camera is not working anymore due to incompatibility of stock library (libimageprocessorjni.so) with new libgui
    • You tell me
    For reporting bugs, be sure to include a log: Check how to ..

Can also report bug | make questions over here
    TG group Xperia XZP Development

HOW TO INSTALL & Update
    CLEAN INSTALLATION IS NEEDED
    • Flash the latest firmware (47.2.A.10.107) with Newflasher
    • Fully boot it once and check everything is alright(skip every connection to make your way to homescreen)
    • Flash and boot the TWRP-3.5 given in this post
    • Format data and factory wipe(swipe the slider in 'wipe')
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash any addons (GApps, Magisk...)
    • Reboot and profit!
    How to update from an older ArrowOS?
    - Flash the ROM
    - Flash Nikgapps/Addons
    - Reboot
    (Seems NikGApps does support backup script. It can Backup/Restore anything installed from NikGApps zip and Addon zip, during installing ROM. Reflash them to restore.)

You won't need to flash gapps if the new update zip name include "gapps", you can just flash it on the top of vanilla version.

DOWNLOAD
    Download links in #3

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Device tree: https://github.com/linckandrea/android_device_sony_maple
    Kernel source: https://github.com/linckandrea/android_kernel_sony_msm8998-EAS

Contributors
    derf elot, linckandrea, No1Alien, modpunk, Rooted_Ansh
    ROM OS Version:
    Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Thread Information
    Created 2021-01-30
    FINAL Updated 2021-05-09
    Screenshots

Screenshot_20210130-170008.pngScreenshot_20210130-165907.pngScreenshot_20210130-165921.pngScreenshot_20210130-165932.pngScreenshot_20210130-115110.pngScreenshot_20210130-165921.pngScreenshot_20210130-170117.pngScreenshot_20210130-170027.pngScreenshot_20210130-170050.pngScreenshot_20210130-172135.png

UPDATED SCREENSHOT:
    photo_2021-05-09_23-27-53.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-27-48.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-28-01.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-56.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-31-00.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-58.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-54.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-28-04.jpgphoto_2021-05-09_23-30-52.jpg
    DOWNLOAD
    - 09/05/2021
    • Gapps included, no need to flash
    • .267 kernel update, linckandrea EAS r2 kernel
    • May security patch update
    Download:
    G8141: Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210509-GAPPS.zip
    Known bug in G8142: bootloop, DON'T FLASH
    G8142: Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210509-GAPPS.zip

Many people fail to pass the safety net even with magiskhide and fingerprint set, you can install this Magisk Canary to fix the problem.

- 07/04/2021
    • Gapps included
    • .263 kernel update
    • April security update
    • Vulkan fix (thanks to @linckandrea )
    • New IMS implement (Please enable IMS option in Xperia Parts if you have IMS working on stock.)
    • New lockscreen clock: IDE
    • Forced Encryption since this release.
    • INCLUDING: Sony clock/Sony album/Sony xperia 1 live wallpaper/Sony xperia loop live wallpaper/Sony iconpack from VR ThemeStudio/Pixel 5 live wallpaper from Pranav Pandey, (Thanks to @born2bkilled teach me how to do)
    • Inside Battery settings there are new styles icons
    • Simple gallery deleted as Sony album is added
    • You can get sony music and sony sound enhance flashing this amazing magisk module (thanks to repey6): [10-11][Magisk]SonyMusic_with_SoundEnhancement-Xperia10-v1.9.zip
    Since this is a Gapps build, a clean flash is recommended, otherwise you may found trouble after boot
    G8141 | Single Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210406-GAPPS.zip
    G8142 | Dual Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210407-GAPPS.zip

- 13/03/2021
    • March security patch merged
    • Some optimizations and bugs fix
    • Updated to .258 EAS kernel
    Download:
    maple G8141 Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210312-VANILLA.zip
    maple g8142 Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210312-VANILLA.zip
    Gapps
    NikGapps I recommend Core,
    NikGapps Addons You can flash the Google dialer, Google message Addons in order to replace AOSP dialer and message

- 24/02/2021
    • Updated to latest .257 EAS kernel of linckandrea
    • February security patch merged
    • bugs of 15/02 build is fixed
    • Update ElectronBeam screen off animation
    • SystemUI: Disable blur wakeup animation
    • fixup! core: Smoother Upload and Download Animation
    • old style mobile data indicators added
    • Phone ringtone setting for Multi SIM device
    • Improve touch width of volume panel
    Known not fixed bug: "Activate torch with screen off by long pressing power button" isn't working.
    IMS may not working, you tell me(VoLTE isn't available in my carrier so it not affect to me and I can't test it)

Download:
    maple G8141 Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210222-VANILLA-EAS.zip
    maple g8142 Arrow-v11.0-maple_dsds-UNOFFICIAL-20210223-VANILLA-EAS.zip
    Gapps
    NikGapps Addons You can flash the Google dialer, Google message Addons in order to replace AOSP dialer and message

- 14/02/2021
    • Update ElectronBeam screen off animation
    • SystemUI: Disable blur wakeup animation
    • fixup! core: Smoother Upload and Download Animation
    • old style mobile data indicators added
    • Phone ringtone setting for Multi SIM device
    • Improve touch width of volume panel
    • And more...
    Download:
    maple row link removed because build instability
    maple dsds link removed because build instability

- 31/01/2021
    Maple dsds build added
    Recovery
    G8141
    twrp-3.5.0-0-20210117-maple
    G8142 twrp-3.5.00-maple_dsds

ROM
    G8141
    Arrow-v11.0-maple-UNOFFICIAL-20210129-VANILLA-EAS.zip
    G8142 ArrowOS_11.0-maple_dsds-EAS.zip

Gapps

Root
    Magisk v21.4
    Hello my Chinese friend, some guy told me the 3.2.1 is working, what's the issue of can't swipe? Can't flash flash after swipe or..? All you need to know is wipe-format data, wipe-swipe and format factory, and install, isn't so hard and just few things you have to do on twrp, anyway let me check if Chinese is present in twrp3.5
    Thanks to my friend. My problem has been solved. I wrote the Chinese translation of twrp on paper, updated it to version 3.5, and downloaded ROM again. I tried once, and the problem has been solved. I have encountered a similar problem before. The writing failure may be that the version of twrp is too low to boot the ROM writing device, or the network using VPN is unstable, and the breakpoint can be downloaded to The ROM file of is damaged. Thank you for your hard work in ROM. let's use Android 11 when Sony doesn't officially update. As time goes by, we will all replace new mobile phones, but we won't forget your work. During the time of using XZP, you have updated the mobile phone system, bringing a better experience
    Live display and stock camera should be added.

thanks for your work